PDA

View Full Version : Living with mixed beliefs and religion practices- confusing / contradicting

Aube Borealis
18-01-2017, 02:56 AM
Living with mixed beliefs and religion practices- confusing / contradicting

I am confused on what really the spiritual path of people who have mixed beliefs *and religion.

Some Buddhist or pagans believes in angels and some Christians practice other religions' philosophy or teachings.

Isn't it confusing or contradicting beliefs?

shivatar
18-01-2017, 03:59 AM
Buddhism is not a religion so it can be supplementary to other belief systems. Buddhism is basically a system of psychology, it's not a religion or system of beliefs and it doesn't include worship of a deity. There are many Christian Buddhists, Muslim Buddhists, and some people practice Buddhism exclusivly.

If a person isn't following just one spiritual path then they are going to have to deal with confusion and contradiction. I call the new age spirituality a Frankenstein spirituality because it mimics the story, parts are taken from everywhere and build into something new. Contradictions and confusion are very common with any kind of Frankenstein spirituality.

There are 2 choices. 1. drop the conflicting belief system and become devout in one belief system. 2. Struggle until the confusing or contradicting belief is integrated.

People usually bend old beliefs if a new one contradicts them.

Shivani Devi
18-01-2017, 06:27 AM

I am confused on what really the spiritual path of people who have mixed beliefs *and religion.

Some Buddhist or pagans believes in angels and some Christians practice other religions' philosophy or teachings.

It depends upon how orthodox and dogmatic one wishes to be and the secular beliefs which define them.

For example, you can be an orthodox Christian or a Liberal Christian....a Vaisnava Hindu or a Shaiva..a Mahayana Buddhist or a Hinayana one. etc

There will be those who will say; "unless you follow this path to the letter, you are not one..."

Usually the spiritual path of those who 'cherry pick' or combine religions cannot be labelled anyway.

For example, I call myself a 'Hindu' and for all intents and purposes I am one of these, but I incorporate a lot of Animist and Shamanism beliefs, combined with a bit of Zen Buddhism...however, if I really look into it, Hinduism has beliefs within it that incorporate these...just not very popular ones.

Usually one chooses one religion and takes from other religions what one likes - for example, about half Christians think meditation is a good thing and half think it is anti-Christian because "Buddhists do it".

I guess if you want to be a 'real Christian' and follow the Bible to the letter, you wouldn't do it...

If it is confusing, you follow the religion succinctly so it won't be confusing, but if one isn't confused, there's no need and if anybody says "we don't believe in that" you can say "I do"...I mean, in the end they can only boot you out and then you know you don't belong there anyway.

It's all about 'what other people think/believe' and once one stops caring about that, the confusion settles.

Khalli
18-01-2017, 06:47 AM
Could be people are waking up to being an

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/15802601_728899940606615_9217544479198674944_n.jpg

:hug3:

Shivani Devi
18-01-2017, 06:54 AM

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/15802601_728899940606615_9217544479198674944_n.jpg

:hug3:That's a very nice one. I should renew my membership of the Theosophical Society again because it reminds me of this one:

http://www.tsbookshop.com.au/rscs/seal.gif

It has the Aum, Swastika, Ankh, Star of David, Ouroboros....

I guess I would be an 'Omnist' even though I say I am a Hindu. I only say that to put myself in a nice little box somewhere...

Being an 'Omnist' puts me in a bigger box... :hug:

Shaunc
18-01-2017, 07:02 AM
I don't find it a problem. I was born Catholic and occasionally attend mass (Christmas and Easter). I follow Buddhism predominantly and as a matter of fact consider Jesus the ultimate bodhisattva. I also have a huge love and respect for the land and her plants and animals. I just use a bit of common sense with my religious beliefs and if I'm talking to a priest or a nun I just shut up about Buddhism and if I'm talking to a Buddhist monk or nun I shut up about Jesus and mother mary.
At home my wife has set up 2 alters, one in the hall way and one in the bedroom. Both alters have Jesus, Mary and the Buddha on them and we've always intended but never got around to adding a kuan yin statue to the alter.
I'm happy with my beliefs and my wife is happy with hers. All or at least most of the world's religions have some good to offer. It's up to you to sieve through them and see what parts you can use and implement into your life.
Good luck and best wishes.
Shaun.

Shaunc
18-01-2017, 07:07 AM
That's a very nice one. I should renew my membership of the Theosophical Society again because it reminds me of this one:

http://www.tsbookshop.com.au/rscs/seal.gif

It has the Aum, Swastika, Ankh, Star of David, Ouroboros....

I guess I would be an 'Omnist' even though I say I am a Hindu. I only say that to put myself in a nice little box somewhere...

Being an 'Omnist' puts me in a bigger box... :hug:

I've seen a similar symbol used to represent Christianity and Buddhism. It was a lotus flower with a cross coming out of it.

John32241
18-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Hi,

The purpose of spiritual systems, like religions, is to find a greater reality beyond the physical. Our beliefs about that reality, logically speaking, would be confining. That is because the human brain is quite small compared to the universal mind.

When we try to put together an appreciation for some thing like divine love with human reasoning we will get confusion. We are conditioned to think in terms of good, better, and best when 'unconditional love' is the reality.

Consider that any religion and/or belief system which gets us to compassion, kindness and love in any form is considered divinely perfect for us.

John

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Buddhism is not a religion so it can be supplementary to other belief systems. Buddhism is basically a system of psychology, it's not a religion or system of beliefs and it doesn't include worship of a deity. There are many Christian Buddhists, Muslim Buddhists, and some people practice Buddhism exclusivly.

If a person isn't following just one spiritual path then they are going to have to deal with confusion and contradiction. I call the new age spirituality a Frankenstein spirituality because it mimics the story, parts are taken from everywhere and build into something new. Contradictions and confusion are very common with any kind of Frankenstein spirituality.

There are 2 choices. 1. drop the conflicting belief system and become devout in one belief system. 2. Struggle until the confusing or contradicting belief is integrated.

People usually bend old beliefs if a new one contradicts them.

LOL...Nice term Shivatar, "frankenstein spirituality", and so he's a zombie, numb but doesn't have a soul but he's soul searching for his *creator.

It is true, here in the Philippines, we are known to be dominated by Christians but modern believers claim to practice Buddism or Spirituality, and as they defined it not a religion but just a way of life.

The principles of a religion is not being followed but only the traditions and rituals are seen and practiced just to say they are one with God or the Universe.

Really!
19-01-2017, 01:47 AM
All or at least most of the world's religions have some good to offer. It's up to you to sieve through them and see what parts you can use and implement into your life.

Excellent Shaunc!
My exact sentiments ... :smile:
Integration ...

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 01:52 AM
For example, you can be an orthodox Christian or a Liberal Christian....a Vaisnava Hindu or a Shaiva..a Mahayana Buddhist or a Hinayana one. etc

There will be those who will say; "unless you follow this path to the letter, you are not one..."

Usually the spiritual path of those who 'cherry pick' or combine religions cannot be labelled anyway.

Exactly, cherry picking is dangerous because in times of trouble, you may not know what to believe anymore, who to call, and there will always be inconsistencies.

Usually one chooses one religion and takes from other religions what one likes - for example, about half Christians think meditation is a good thing and half think it is anti-Christian because "Buddhists do it".

I am amenable to that.

I guess if you want to be a 'real Christian' and follow the Bible to the letter, you wouldn't do it....

I am born and raised as Catholic, but I am a not 100% believer of everything that is written in the Bible and religious beliefs boxed with it, there contradicting beliefs as I see it.

Bible and scriptures were made by humans and as human makes mistakes and sometimes his own thinking or interpretation gets in the way, so how can it be proven 100% from God.

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 01:59 AM

Hi Khal,

With that, there is unity of religion but for sure there will be tons of discussions and arguments inside of who is the Supreme God.

shivatar
19-01-2017, 02:14 AM
LOL...Nice term Shivatar, "frankenstein spirituality", and so he's a zombie, numb but doesn't have a soul but he's soul searching for his *creator.

It is true, here in the Philippines, we are known to be dominated by Christians but modern believers claim to practice Buddism or Spirituality, and as they defined it not a religion but just a way of life.

The principles of a religion is not being followed but only the traditions and rituals are seen and practiced just to say they are one with God or the Universe.

I have no idea how you drew the conclusion that a frankenstein spirituality is cold, numb, devoid of a soul, etc. it's not a perfect analogy. It's called frankenstein because it's pieces of many things put into one. Drawing all the other conclusions is un-necessary.

People can practice Christianity and Buddhism and it's not a frankenstein thing because they are both compatible. Nothing in Buddhism says it has to be practiced alone, it's actually more common for Buddhism to be a supplement than a persons main belief system.

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 02:18 AM
I don't find it a problem. I was born Catholic and occasionally attend mass (Christmas and Easter). I follow Buddhism predominantly and as a matter of fact consider Jesus the ultimate bodhisattva. I also have a huge love and respect for the land and her plants and animals. I just use a bit of common sense with my religious beliefs and if I'm talking to a priest or a nun I just shut up about Buddhism and if I'm talking to a Buddhist monk or nun I shut up about Jesus and mother mary.
At home my wife has set up 2 alters, one in the hall way and one in the bedroom. Both alters have Jesus, Mary and the Buddha on them and we've always intended but never got around to adding a kuan yin statue to the alter.
I'm happy with my beliefs and my wife is happy with hers. All or at least most of the world's religions have some good to offer. It's up to you to sieve through them and see what parts you can use and implement into your life.
Good luck and best wishes.
Shaun.

Thank you Shaunc, good for you there is peace in the home, love prevails to feel peace and respect of faith.

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 02:25 AM
I have no idea how you drew the conclusion that a frankenstein spirituality is cold, numb, devoid of a soul, etc. it's not a perfect analogy. It's called frankenstein because it's pieces of many things put into one. Drawing all the other conclusions is un-necessary.

People can practice Christianity and Buddhism and it's not a frankenstein thing because they are both compatible. Nothing in Buddhism says it has to be practiced alone, it's actually more common for Buddhism to be a supplement than a persons main belief system.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was only referring to Frankenstein, I was thinking it maybe better to be said as Quilted beliefs that is sewn to make a beautiful blanket of beliefs that we can use to make us warm and at home.

Justme1981
19-01-2017, 02:28 AM

No, being a fundamentalist Christian like yourself is tough. Your pastors mislead you. All they want is their tithe. Pagans, Satanists, Wiccans, Buddhist, Catholics and Protestants and Muslims who have read our Holy Books know it is intertwined. I suggest leaving Fundamentalist Christianity, it's not even accepted by Christ.

shivatar
19-01-2017, 02:43 AM
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was only referring to Frankenstein, I was thinking it maybe better to be said as Quilted beliefs that is sewn to make a beautiful blanket of beliefs that we can use to make us warm and at home.

Ehh. Alcohol makes us feel warm and at home too but it doesn't mean it's a good thing. Almost every religion says do not pick and choose, devote to one and if you want dislike it then drop that one and pick up another.

I think the frankenstein analogy is better because it has a little bit of a negative connotation to it. Frankenstein is a horror story, similarly picking and choosing beliefs can create a horror story of a persons life.

Really!
19-01-2017, 02:44 AM
Exactly, cherry picking is dangerous because in times of trouble, you may not know what to believe anymore, who to call, and there will always be inconsistencies.

It's possible, but I found what helped me through my darkest hour w/cherry picking ...
In times of trouble, it can make a person question their faith as well as purge whatever is not helpful or necessary ...
What I came to learn is all I've ever needed are the basic fundamentals ...

Justme1981
19-01-2017, 02:46 AM
You see people admit they are fundamentalist Christians on here. Now you know, all the great members left or had their accounts hacked. Now all the people who like the same sex, Fundamentalist Christians, are on here. The more you know.

shivatar
19-01-2017, 02:46 AM
Cherry picking has created a lot of darkest hours for me, so if it brought me back out of them I don't consider that a good thing.

Really!
19-01-2017, 03:16 AM
Cherry picking has created a lot of darkest hours for me, so if it brought me back out of them I don't consider that a good thing.

And that's okay, to each his/her own ...
My darkest hour was the murder of my husband ...
I purged karma & LOA so I could get on w/healing instead of long drawn out searching for "any possible good" in those beliefs to aid w/my grief process ...
Karma & LOA only intensified my grief & made me feel responsible for his death when I was already experiencing natural survival's guilt ...
They had me on my knees 2-3xs daily begging, crying, screaming, banging my fists for relief & understanding ...
Once I cast them out, my grief processed organically ...
That is the reason only basic fundamentals were all I ever needed ...
We do get tested, sometimes, to our core to uncover what are truth is ...

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 03:19 AM
No, being a fundamentalist Christian like yourself is tough. Your pastors mislead you. All they want is their tithe. Pagans, Satanists, Wiccans, Buddhist, Catholics and Protestants and Muslims who have read our Holy Books know it is intertwined. I suggest leaving Fundamentalist Christianity, it's not even accepted by Christ.

The fact is, we are not obliged by the church to give tithes but only give what your heart dictates, so if your budget is tight, God knows what you are going through at the moment.

Regarding confusion, I have experienced paranormality since childhood, I think this maybe what makes me question if I will take a journey on a new level with diversity of beliefs, I may end up more confused.

Really!
19-01-2017, 03:27 AM
Regarding confusion, I have experienced paranormality since childhood, I think this maybe what makes me question if I will take a journey on a new level with diversity of beliefs, I may end up more confused.

You could always take a look into Rosicrucianism (to integrate &) for acceptance of the paranormal activity you have experienced ...

Shaunc
19-01-2017, 05:06 AM
Fundamental anything isn't usually a very good idea.
Whether it be politics or religion it stops you from seeing the other persons point of view.

Really!
19-01-2017, 05:38 AM
Fundamental anything isn't usually a very good idea.
Whether it be politics or religion it stops you from seeing the other persons point of view.

For myself, the only views I needed were my own to get through my deep personal grief ...
The fundamentals I needed to know/repeat to myself was I have a loving God, she has suffered as I have, she has forgiven & I will be able to get through grief/loss w/that knowledge for guidance to restore peace & love in life ...

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 06:34 AM

But how do know I if it is the truth?
I have so many tests in life that I have overcome and I did not get the message.
My question is why did it all happened?

1. I was left inside a burning apartment and saved by a fireman when I was 6,
2. I was threatened verbally by a man related to my aunt when I was 7 for no reason.
3. I almost drowned 16 feet down the lake, saved by my father's friend at 7.
4. I was stalked by a drug addict when I was 12.
5. My classmate and I were chased by a small Tornado, saved by an iron gate at 14.
6. I was almost struck by a lightning in a split second as i remove the Vhf antenna cable when I was 17
7. At 42, I was attacked by envious person whom I don't know and made me hear voices who violently attacked me mentally.

Going through it all and the tests are not yet over due to some temptations I have overcome with flying colors, I still can't find answers as to why.

I thought maybe I am lacking spiritual connections though I am prayerful.

Greenslade
19-01-2017, 09:31 AM
But how do know I if it is the truth?Take what resonates with you as your truth, forget the rest because it is not yours. If you don't know what resonates with you that's fine for now because it simply means you haven't come across anything that does, when you do you'll know it because it'll be quite obvious. While it sounds like a riddle it's something you need to experience, often the contrasts help us understand so experiencing not resonating will contrast with resonating when it happens.
I have so many tests in life that I have overcome and I did not get the message.How do you know you haven't got the message? The 'message' isn't always in the knowledge, it's mostly in the experience.
My question is why did it all happened?Now you're into Life's Purpose/Soul Contract/similar territory and that often takes a lot of unraveling but as simply as possible you were meant to have those experiences for you to become who and what you are right now. You are the answer, everything else is speculation.

Going through it all and the tests are not yet over due to some temptations I have overcome with flying colors, I still can't find answers as to why.Look in the mirror - and all around you. If you want a simple way to understand, sit yourself down quietly and ask one question - "How different would the Universe be if I'd never existed?" As your experiences have their effect on you so you have an effect on other people.

I thought maybe I am lacking spiritual connections though I am prayerful.Likely to think we are, not possible we actually are. You are Spirit so how much more connected does it get?

peteyzen
19-01-2017, 11:46 AM

Hi My friend,
Yes it is confusing. The thing to remember is that all of the belief systems really are heading to the same place. I believe that because we are all different types of people, there needs to be different methods of getting to that place, because one style does not work for all.
The thing is to find a belief system that feels right for you and then immerse yourself in it.

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Now you're into Life's Purpose/Soul Contract/similar territory and that often takes a lot of unraveling but as simply as possible you were meant to have those experiences for you to become who and what you are right now. You are the answer, everything else is speculation.

I have sacrificed so much even my career, my personal dreams, always thinking of my family and others, praying for them, I guess I forgot about myself, that's one purpose.

ajay00
19-01-2017, 03:09 PM

There was a sage called Shirdi Sai Baba who used to practice a syncretism of Islam and Hinduism.

A good thing that comes from such approaches is that the similarities between religions and belief systems are revealed. Usually people look only at the differences and magnify them.

Aube Borealis
19-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Hi My friend,
Yes it is confusing. The thing to remember is that all of the belief systems really are heading to the same place. I believe that because we are all different types of people, there needs to be different methods of getting to that place, because one style does not work for all.
The thing is to find a belief system that feels right for you and then immerse yourself in it.

Thank you my friend,

I am trying to reflect if there is a need for me to follow and open up to other beliefs to understand what happened to me and what I am going through at the moment.

I maybe a late bloomer with spiritual things but overall my life has been good, smoothly sailing, and I am thankful that my 2 children will graduate from college soon and my 2 year old is healthy except for speech problem.

I have so much to be thankful for but that can't keep me from knowing the answers to my questions for my personal and spiritual growth.

lemex
19-01-2017, 04:36 PM

Practices imo are from a perspective, is it the person or the teacher seen? I say it is from the teacher (to).

I love the conflict because it may show the individual can actually know or be more spiritual then the teacher and it becomes the teacher who cannot change. I mean we know what the teacher will say. Is the confusion based itself on this knowledge. I think we all know teachers that may teach something different will be removed as teachers, so the message is very stagnant. But what does one do when the heart knows. :smile: Me, I tend to go with the heart.

This shows when individuals are taught it can make sense. Conflicts are questions.

shivatar
20-01-2017, 01:40 AM
And that's okay, to each his/her own ...
My darkest hour was the murder of my husband ...
I purged karma & LOA so I could get on w/healing instead of long drawn out searching for "any possible good" in those beliefs to aid w/my grief process ...
Karma & LOA only intensified my grief & made me feel responsible for his death when I was already experiencing natural survival's guilt ...
They had me on my knees 2-3xs daily begging, crying, screaming, banging my fists for relief & understanding ...
Once I cast them out, my grief processed organically ...
That is the reason only basic fundamentals were all I ever needed ...

Whats LOA?

Shivani Devi
20-01-2017, 02:09 AM
Whats LOA?Law Of Attraction.

markings
20-01-2017, 03:41 AM

I have to disagree. Buddhism is more than just a psychology. It encompasses a cosmic world view which is absent in psychology. And for the same reason the world view, Buddhism is incompatible with Christianity or Islam on a fundamental level.

One can do things which look Buddhist but that does not make one a Buddhist. One can do yoga as physical exercise only but if one does that one does not practice a true yoga which includes deep spiritual aspects.

It is this difference at the very core of Eastern and Western belief which makes Churches reject Eastern practices as was seen a few years ago where the American Catholic Bishops rejected Reiki as a practice suitable for their members.

Aube Borealis
20-01-2017, 04:09 AM
Hi,
Consider that any religion and/or belief system which gets us to compassion, kindness and love in any form is considered divinely perfect for us.

John

Hello my friend,

I totally agree with what you said, my religion made me a good person, I felt I lost connection when I was psychicly attacked, I am still holding on but going through it all since childhood seems questionable for me, is it a test for me or for the people around me? Or I was just a collateral damage. As you always say that we are all connected.

shivatar
20-01-2017, 04:53 AM
I have to disagree. Buddhism is more than just a psychology. It encompasses a cosmic world view which is absent in psychology. And for the same reason the world view, Buddhism is incompatible with Christianity or Islam on a fundamental level.

One can do things which look Buddhist but that does not make one a Buddhist. One can do yoga as physical exercise only but if one does that one does not practice a true yoga which includes deep spiritual aspects.

It is this difference at the very core of Eastern and Western belief which makes Churches reject Eastern practices as was seen a few years ago where the American Catholic Bishops rejected Reiki as a practice suitable for their members.

As a supplementary system, not the primary, not all parts of Buddhism need be adopted. If there is a functional cosmology within the primary system to adopt a 2nd would be contradictory...

it's like if you buy a parts car for your car, you don't install every part from the parts car unto your car, just the parts you need that are missing from your main car.

Greenslade
20-01-2017, 10:58 AM
I have sacrificed so much even my career, my personal dreams, always thinking of my family and others, praying for them, I guess I forgot about myself, that's one purpose.Exactly, and when you stop looking to belief systems and start working out what you've done with your Life, how it has unfolded and how others are having an experience because of your existence, you will know. Religions are not the answer, you are. And yes, that includes Spirituality because mainstream Spirituality has the wrong idea about Life, Life is not a concept, an ideology or a theology.

I'm guessing that you've suddenly realised that your Life has always been about others and you want to change that, if so then go create your Life's Purpose.

Aube Borealis
20-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Practices imo are from a perspective, is it the person or the teacher seen? I say it is from the teacher (to).

I love the conflict because it may show the individual can actually know or be more spiritual then the teacher and it becomes the teacher who cannot change. I mean we know what the teacher will say. Is the confusion based itself on this knowledge. I think we all know teachers that may teach something different will be removed as teachers, so the message is very stagnant. But what does one do when the heart knows. :smile: Me, I tend to go with the heart.

This shows when individuals are taught it can make sense. Conflicts are questions.

Thank you lemex,

That's what they always say to follow my heart, I have put so much boundaries on myself, Blocked myself so as not to get affected and so I felt spiritually thirsty.

Aube Borealis
20-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Exactly, and when you stop looking to belief systems and start working out what you've done with your Life, how it has unfolded and how others are having an experience because of your existence, you will know. Religions are not the answer, you are. And yes, that includes Spirituality because mainstream Spirituality has the wrong idea about Life, Life is not a concept, an ideology or a theology.

I'm guessing that you've suddenly realised that your Life has always been about others and you want to change that, if so then go create your Life's Purpose.

You are right, maybe I should continue to do what I do best, and create my Life's Purpose.

Thank you so much.:smile:

blackraven
20-01-2017, 02:25 PM

Aube Borealis - I believe people are way too complex to force themselves into compartmentalization. I prefer an eclectic mix of beliefs that pulls from a wide variety of religions and philosophies as well as personal life experiences. If one looks at personal life experiences alone, it's difficult to force all human beings into a round hole when some of us are squares and some of us are triangles, etc. I would prefer to become infused with all the avenues traveled as a means to developing wisdom, than force myself into any one religion, for example. In younger years, people sometimes don't have a choice as to what their exposed to, but if one never reaches out and learns outside of a set of religious or philosophical beliefs, one becomes stagnant and runs the risk of shutting down his or her eyes, ears and paths to take. Even when beliefs are confusing and contradicting, I believe it's important be exposed. I would rather reject something after learning about it, than to not learn in the first place.

Greenslade
21-01-2017, 10:30 AM
You are right, maybe I should continue to do what I do best, and create my Life's Purpose.

Thank you so much.:smile:The Universe is not 'designed' for failure and we'll get where we need to be despite our own best efforts to the contrary and all we have to think about is the how. It's our Journey and it can't be found in the pages of a book. You can only Live your Life's Purpose, you are the answer - you and everyone around you. When you do what you do best you can't go too far wrong, if you follow your heart it won't lead you astray.

When you look around you, when you understand how you shape the realities of those next to you then you will begin to understand your Life's Purpose.

Safe Journey Aube, and when you 'get there' you'll understand and all of this will be worth it. And you're very welcome.

lemex
21-01-2017, 06:43 PM
That's what they always say to follow my heart, I have put so much boundaries on myself, Blocked myself so as not to get affected and so I felt spiritually thirsty.

Indeed, sounds so much like me I understand it. I find others do not, they can't. For me, I've found the heart can hurt and have found the heart can be strong. It was an education and have found a better understanding through it. The heart is a well so drink up. :smile:

Aube Borealis
21-01-2017, 07:37 PM
The Universe is not 'designed' for failure and we'll get where we need to be despite our own best efforts to the contrary and all we have to think about is the how. It's our Journey and it can't be found in the pages of a book. You can only Live your Life's Purpose, you are the answer - you and everyone around you. When you do what you do best you can't go too far wrong, if you follow your heart it won't lead you astray.

When you look around you, when you understand how you shape the realities of those next to you then you will begin to understand your Life's Purpose.

Safe Journey Aube, and when you 'get there' you'll understand and all of this will be worth it. And you're very welcome.

I have learned so many things as I walked through my life, I'm not used to ask for help from family and other people, specially on personal issues, it is difficult for me to open up because I am being looked up by family, relatives, friends and neighbors as a strong principled woman. I don't want to disappoint them so I have to deal with it on my own.

I am thankful I found this forum, I felt that someone led me to look and here I am. This forum and the people here gives me a sense of relief, a home, since I joined in. i learned to share expriences and opinions, found some friends and good advices.

Thank you....

Aube Borealis
21-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Aube Borealis - I believe people are way too complex to force themselves into compartmentalization. I prefer an eclectic mix of beliefs that pulls from a wide variety of religions and philosophies as well as personal life experiences. If one looks at personal life experiences alone, it's difficult to force all human beings into a round hole when some of us are squares and some of us are triangles, etc. I would prefer to become infused with all the avenues traveled as a means to developing wisdom, than force myself into any one religion, for example. In younger years, people sometimes don't have a choice as to what their exposed to, but if one never reaches out and learns outside of a set of religious or philosophical beliefs, one becomes stagnant and runs the risk of shutting down his or her eyes, ears and paths to take. Even when beliefs are confusing and contradicting, I believe it's important be exposed. I would rather reject something after learning about it, than to not learn in the first place.

In trying times, I may not have the time to choose which belief can be useful, sometimes we just have to let it be.

There are other ways to learn morals and life lessons, like the wisdom learned by friends. I have great respect for people like Really for courageously sharing her wisdom from personal experiences.

Justme1981
21-01-2017, 08:28 PM
In trying times, I may not have the time to choose which belief can be useful, sometimes we just have to let it be.

There are other ways to learn morals and life lessons, like the wisdom learned by friends. I have great respect for people like Really for courageously sharing her wisdom from personal experiences.

Look, I'll bite, honestly. What I would ask you to do is meditate on Heaven. What goes on there? Who goes there? What is the alternative? What goes on there for eternity? If you truly believe that, do you still want to go there? Would you want to live that way? If you don't want to go there could you be wrong?

I'm from a Blue State and we, literally do not value strong principled people; they keep coming here from Red States and we find the strength in these weird principles very odd and we keep kicking them back. I can't relate to Strong Principled people, so your religion would not be for me. What? you work your whole life to maintain these principles for whatever reason then you are rewarded with Heaven....then you get to sit around with your arms folded, scowling at all other principle people who may have different principles because no one is like your small community out there...how is that Heaven, Paradise, sounds more like the alternative.

I personally value sex, music, spirituality, creativity, fluidity, unprincipled approaches...so for me Heaven is being with the love of my life, having sex, having bigger and bigger families, playing concerts and playing with other musicians, guiding people of all Faiths home, knowing I love my neighbor more than I love myself, lots of beer and drugs (spiritual ones), sitting and taking classes with all the greats of History who were so unprincipled and different from me....etc..

So, think to yourself...how dull is your Heaven and do you really want to go there?

Aube Borealis
21-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Indeed, sounds so much like me I understand it. I find others do not, they can't. For me, I've found the heart can hurt and have found the heart can be strong. It was an education and have found a better understanding through it. The heart is a well so drink up. :smile:

I used to suppress crying in times of trouble so I can think clearly and so as not to get so emotional but sometimes when I really want to cry it all out, nothing, there is just nothing. Realizing that is how powerful our mind is, we can shutdown emotions, I was able to get it back by watching movies or true to life stories.

It is easy to deal with life when heart and mind is in harmony.

Justme1981
21-01-2017, 09:01 PM
I used to suppress crying in times of trouble so I can think clearly and so as not to get so emotional but sometimes when I really want to cry it all out, nothing, there is just nothing. Realizing that is how powerful our mind is, we can shutdown emotions, I was able to get it back by watching movies or true to life stories.

It is easy to deal with life when heart and mind is in harmony.

OK, I apologize. I wrote this meditation for Lorelyn and it will work for you. Here it goes. It includes my response to him in that thread.

OK, fine, this bolded part I will try to teach. Trust me, this has been on my mind. I know once people know Faith is an energy that is definitely not enough, it is reasonable to want to tap into it. Hmmm...how do I do this.

I can teach the Orange Chakra for sure, my soulmate taught me it and it is so new and foreign to me I can teach it. But the Orange Chakra may not be relevant to you unless you are a musician, painter, writer or other artist.

I can teach telepathy (such that the Amazing Randi cancelled his telepathy contest, the fraud didn't want to lose a million dollars took his ball and went home). So, let's see how do I teach tapping into Faith energy and using it.

1) If you, or anyone else, want the Orange Chakra or telepathy just ask.
2) Remember Faith Energy flows through the Blue Chakra (this is Hinduism not Psychic stuff although there are true Psychics), which is the Mind and the Green Chakra, which is the Heart. So, I think I'll teach those Chakras to help the Faith flow and teach you how then tap into Faith Energy
3) Do the contemplations below.

Here is a sight on Hindu Chakras:

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/chakr...-meanings.html

Blue Chakra:

Now, close your eyes and do this meditation. Like all the Chakras you will know you have it when you see a flash of Blue on your closed eye lids. Here is the meditation.

You are in a forest, imagine the denseness of the forest. The trees are so tall they cover the sky and the shade is so think, even though it is day it is still dark and it is tough to see. As you stand in this forest there are three paths. There are three signs next to each of the paths. The Right sign says, (now visualize this) "This is the path where all paths merge" The Left sign says, "This is the Path where only your truths are realized." The middle path says, "This is the Path where only the people you loathe paths merge."

Now, the goal is not to go down any of these paths. It is just to look at them and meditate upon them. So, ask yourself which path do I go on? Realizing if you take the Left you go alone, if you take the middle you go with only your enemies, if your take the right then go with others including your enemies. Feel the discomfort of this decision. Feel the emotion of having to choose yourself, those you hate, and choose everyone including those you hate who may be loved by others.

Now, here is the last step: I want you to visualize is this dark forest, after you have meditated on how you FEEL about each path. Remember, it is not what you think but what you FEEL instead. Now, what I want you to do is to see the paths merging into one bridge, the forest opening up as that bridge is formed as it is the fastest way to your destination. I want you to visualize friends waiting for you on the that bridge, family waiting for you on that bridge and people you loath (maybe even me, I kid) on that bridge. See how friends and family interact with them, how they laugh and feel joy, knowing we are all different but they get each other.

Last step, I want you imagine walking on that bridge and feeling the safety of walking on it. Feeling, knowing your family and friends are not only protecting you from the people you loath but are guiding you to interact with them. Not teach, not learn, just interact. Imagine shaking hands, hugging.

Then say this one last thing, "We all took different roads but the bridge to serenity is knowing we did not go alone."

That's it.

Now, if you want the Orange just ask. If you want telepathy just ask. I'll do the green Chakra later. Then I will show how to tap into Faith energy.

Justme1981
21-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Here is the Green Chakra which will you tap into your Faith Energy. You can go to that thread as well. Although I'm writing for him, I'm thinking of how I may be able to help you but all can be helped.

OK, this is the Green Chakra, remember this is about FEELING not thinking or Analyzing. There is a Chakra for Analyzing, that is the Red Chakra or the Root Chakra, but these Chakra are taking energies as Feelings, intuition and making them real.

Here is the same Chakra site:

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/chakr...-meanings.html

Now, like all other Chakra you will know you get it when you see a flash of Green on your eyelids with your eyelids closed:

Green

Close your eyes and meditate, lay somewhere relaxing and be relaxed. Now, see, as best you can, in your mind you are on a boat in the middle of the ocean. There is no land in site, you are just surrounded by water. Feel how you feel about that, you have no food, no water and it's getting cold and dark without any light source. Feel the anxiety you would feel being in this situation facing near death, knowing death is imminent.

Now, visualize the horizon getting dark, the moon coming out and you are still in the middle of the ocean. In the dark now, see off in the distance many lights coming your direction. These are lights from other boats, coming your direction. Feel the anxiety and the fear not having your own light to flash back to be rescued. Feel yourself scream and yell for help trying to capture these boats attention.

Now imagine from your heart, emerge a green glowing light. Your own internal beacon, imagine it radiating around your boat. With the yellow glowing lights of others drawing forth to it. That green light coming from your heart is bringing others in boats closer to you. As the boats come toward you, you see some people on the boats are green, some are snow white, some are blue, some are black, some are red. They all look exactly like us but their skin color is a different color than what you have ever seen.

Now, Feel how you feel so many different people have found you and have come to help you being guided by that green light. Feel the joy of knowing you have been rescued all because they saw the green light within you. Feel how it feels like to know that not only are they so different from you but you are so different from them, but none care about each others differences knowing you have that green lights. Feel the joy, love and acceptance of so many differences reaching out to you, bringing you ashore on their boards, just wanting to be surrounded by that green light of yours.

The last thing, think to yourself, "Although all of us are different, love is knowing we can be reached in the darkest moments by strangers who are reached as well by reaching us."

OK, like I said you know you got it if you see a green flash in your closed eyelids.

Next it will be how to tap into Faith Energy.

Greenslade
22-01-2017, 12:19 PM
I have learned so many things as I walked through my life, I'm not used to ask for help from family and other people, specially on personal issues, it is difficult for me to open up because I am being looked up by family, relatives, friends and neighbors as a strong principled woman. I don't want to disappoint them so I have to deal with it on my own.

I am thankful I found this forum, I felt that someone led me to look and here I am. This forum and the people here gives me a sense of relief, a home, since I joined in. i learned to share expriences and opinions, found some friends and good advices.

Thank you....Sometimes we need to tear it all down so that we can build it back up again, stronger and better. Suppressed vulnerabilities can erode us from the inside out and wear away our strength so much so that all of our strength is being used to keep them down and we've nothing left after that. It's when we express our vulnerabilities that we find the greatest strength and we really find out what we mean to others.

Everyone comes apart sometimes, everybody hurts sometimes and it's in those times when the people around us either rally to us or walk away because they can't deal with it. It's in those times when people show their mettle - or not. Perhaps you won't disappoint them, perhaps you'll show them a side of you that they never knew existed and they'll see that you're human after all.

Those that Love will you will understand, those that don't understand don't Love you. And you're only as alone as you want to think you are, there is always somebody.

Aube Borealis
23-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Sometimes we need to tear it all down so that we can build it back up again, stronger and better. Suppressed vulnerabilities can erode us from the inside out and wear away our strength so much so that all of our strength is being used to keep them down and we've nothing left after that. It's when we express our vulnerabilities that we find the greatest strength and we really find out what we mean to others.

Everyone comes apart sometimes, everybody hurts sometimes and it's in those times when the people around us either rally to us or walk away because they can't deal with it. It's in those times when people show their mettle - or not. Perhaps you won't disappoint them, perhaps you'll show them a side of you that they never knew existed and they'll see that you're human after all.

Those that Love will you will understand, those that don't understand don't Love you. And you're only as alone as you want to think you are, there is always somebody.

Sometimes when you seem to be strong and loving unconditionally, there is a tendency of being taken for granted. They don't realise that the one supporting and helping also needs help and some loving.

There are also times when you reach out, they seems to be busy and cannot be there for you, and so I am too shy to ask or disturb anyone, that I don't want to be a burden.

Shaunc
23-01-2017, 08:48 AM
As a supplementary system, not the primary, not all parts of Buddhism need be adopted. If there is a functional cosmology within the primary system to adopt a 2nd would be contradictory...

it's like if you buy a parts car for your car, you don't install every part from the parts car unto your car, just the parts you need that are missing from your main car.

That's a great way of saying it and it's pretty much what I do. Take the parts I'm interested in and leave the rest as I can always come back and get them later if I need them.

markings
23-01-2017, 02:24 PM
That's a great way of saying it and it's pretty much what I do. Take the parts I'm interested in and leave the rest as I can always come back and get them later if I need them.
It is very unlikely that you can take a part from another model of a car, let alone another make, and use it in your car even if the part has the same name and function. In my mind the analogy is not good.

What is suggested really only works for the same make and model which would be equivalent to the same sect or religion.

lemex
23-01-2017, 05:27 PM
It is very unlikely that you can take a part from another model of a car, let alone another make, and use it in your car even if the part has the same name and function. In my mind the analogy is not good.

What is suggested really only works for the same make and model which would be equivalent to the same sect or religion.

Here's my thought on the matter. First many of the ideas we hold are simply the same as the society one lives in, in how one is brought up, born into or near. It's nurture not nature. Nurture is specific nature of it is not. For instance as far as I am told the idea of "Love" is a common theme in different relgions/philosophys across the board. If you 're born here you believe that, and if born there it's that. A map of the world. We are often were we are located, this is a fact. So we are looking for similarities. Remember it is usually the non teacher who points these things out not the teachers who attempt to tell you what you should think. Also we're kinda stuck with what we start and put in place.

Second, when a religion/philosophy first began people had no idea about it and so were unable to question it. Teachers spent there time telling not listening. We are now more educated and knowledgeable. This point came to me just recently about the subject of cosmic or recurrent events. Let's say a recurring cosmic event is about to happen in our now today after approximately 25,000 years. IOW we get to see today what happened then which was seen and believed as something different in an unknown way back then mistakingly seen profoundly as god's hand and all that was built around the event only to find now, today it's a cycle. I'm not criticizing our ancestors, they didn't know. These are not one time events, now we know. But I find it amusing that we still attribute such events as spiritual so iow logic needs to be adopted in some cases. We have to accept we might have been wrong about specific and even religion/philosophy should not be specfic.

That which to me is important is that of having an open heart. When we say accept parts of something is to shed light on similarity that should be evident. It is to open a dialogue to resistance people have. Don't we tend to be closed minded about what we believe. It is too bad these teacher to whom we attribute what we believe aren't alive to because now we'd have specific questions we could ask. To me, these are the questions they should have asked. Isn't it about learning today. An example for me is the idea of hell as is my teaching and how inappropriate the idea is. All's I know is, maybe it was thought ok back then but it is not today. The teacher could have clarified but it was not meant to be. It's about dialogue and communication more so then anything else and having a change in one's heart to quit being afraid, imo of course.

Aube Borealis
24-01-2017, 05:12 AM
There was a sage called Shirdi Sai Baba who used to practice a syncretism of Islam and Hinduism.

A good thing that comes from such approaches is that the similarities between religions and belief systems are revealed. Usually people look only at the differences and magnify them.

Syncretism means the merging or blending of 2 or more religion practices and beleifs into a new system of beleifs. (accdg. to dictionaries and wikipedis)

So this may mean we are making our own new religion, evolution of beleifs.

Before I had this life reclection, I beleived in one religion but taking only what is good that I can hold on to plus the wisdom learned from my life and others, the golden rules, the philisophy of Confusius and others but not a fusion of religion.

Aube Borealis
24-01-2017, 07:47 AM

I think a good analogy is the beautiful Quilted balanket, there is a base blanket, then hand sewn on top are the beautiful pieces of cloth, some are new, some from the past that reminds us of something to remember with beautiful memories and some are from where we learned some good lessons from.

Greenslade
27-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Sometimes when you seem to be strong and loving unconditionally, there is a tendency of being taken for granted. They don't realise that the one supporting and helping also needs help and some loving.

There are also times when you reach out, they seems to be busy and cannot be there for you, and so I am too shy to ask or disturb anyone, that I don't want to be a burden.If they really care for you then you won't be a burden, they'll find the time for you. If they can't find the time then perhaps they're just too selfish and if you continue giving unconditionally to those who can't return at least some of it, what then? What will you give them when you have nothing left to give, what will you give yourself when it's all gone?

Do yourself a favour and find someone who can give you something in return.

Aube Borealis
27-01-2017, 09:56 PM
If they really care for you then you won't be a burden, they'll find the time for you. If they can't find the time then perhaps they're just too selfish and if you continue giving unconditionally to those who can't return at least some of it, what then? What will you give them when you have nothing left to give, what will you give yourself when it's all gone?

Do yourself a favour and find someone who can give you something in return.

Uh! Hard to find, hard to get, a rare find. It must be truly wonderful to find one who reciprocates. Friends and family most of the time just want you to listen and nothing more.

Greenslade
29-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Uh! Hard to find, hard to get, a rare find. It must be truly wonderful to find one who reciprocates. Friends and family most of the time just want you to listen and nothing more.Your reality is a reflection of what you have inside, if you're trying so hard to stay strong and be there for other people, that's what the Universe will give you. It doesn't judge, it just gives us what we need. When you start trying to find that someone you need to be there for you, they will come when you're ready but not until. If nothing changes then nothing changes and you have to make those changes for yourself, that we're having this discussion means that you're looking for something to change.

Hemera
30-01-2017, 09:38 AM

I'm definitely this but it can be hard as the mind (or at least, my mind) wants to label itself one thing or the other. There's comfort in following a path that is already laid out. But I have found that following one to the exclusion of others doesn't feel right.

Aube Borealis
30-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Your reality is a reflection of what you have inside, if you're trying so hard to stay strong and be there for other people, that's what the Universe will give you. It doesn't judge, it just gives us what we need. When you start trying to find that someone you need to be there for you, they will come when you're ready but not until. If nothing changes then nothing changes and you have to make those changes for yourself, that we're having this discussion means that you're looking for something to change.

There is a time in our life where we try to reflect, digging up past decisions, actions and situations that relates to the present outcome of where you are now and how it came to be.

As I reflect, i remembered what you said that what I have gone through made me who I am and what I am and you are right, and also true that I wanted some changes and it started off here in this forum, I started to open up, talk about my experiences that I have never done before, conquering my fear of telling my truth behind my jolly personality.

I wanted a little freedom, to break away from my routinary life, that the adventurous me wanted to come out and explore which I suppressed for so many years.

I just don't know how I will do it but I know faith can move mountains.

Thank you Greenslade.

Greenslade
01-02-2017, 12:04 PM
There is a time in our life where we try to reflect, digging up past decisions, actions and situations that relates to the present outcome of where you are now and how it came to be.

As I reflect, i remembered what you said that what I have gone through made me who I am and what I am and you are right, and also true that I wanted some changes and it started off here in this forum, I started to open up, talk about my experiences that I have never done before, conquering my fear of telling my truth behind my jolly personality.

I wanted a little freedom, to break away from my routinary life, that the adventurous me wanted to come out and explore which I suppressed for so many years.

I just don't know how I will do it but I know faith can move mountains.

Thank you Greenslade.This is probably the greatest realisation that you could come to. These things can't be found in books or religions they can only be found in ourselves, deep inside and hidden away under layers of dust. When you find your own Light there is no greater Spirituality because that's what we've come here to find. What is very obvious from this post is that you've discovered your own Light is there and you want to let it shine, and you have a passion in your Heart to do just that. And the Faith to take the next steps in the Hope that it'll happen for you. Let that 'adventurous me' loose and when you need it it'll be there for you. This thread is an example of that.

You go girl, and leave the baggage behind because all you need is a toothbrush.