PDA

View Full Version : Love

Gwutzi
14-01-2017, 09:06 PM
I once read a quote that said, "Love is but a word, until someone comes along and gives it meaning"..
Altho this word has a questionable definition to me at the present moment; this thread is not to as to explain it to me, the thread starter only, but to yourself's as to how you would define the meaning of love to be to yourself's.. and another as it does grow in definitions time after time,.

I hope we come to some conclusion be they pure and right of its kind. thanks

VioletFlame
14-01-2017, 09:53 PM
I think love is an inexplainable feeling that you can't control. It makes even the worse person do horrible things just to help or be around said person. It really cuts down deep into your subconscious, and it's not something you can ignore, no matter how hard you try.

Gwutzi
14-01-2017, 10:03 PM
I think love is an inexplainable feeling that you can't control.
everything healthy, should be in moderation and controll.

It makes even the worse person do horrible things just to help or be around said person. It really cuts down deep into your subconscious, and it's not something you can ignore, no matter how hard you try.

To me it sounds like ur describing something "God bound" to me, something that sweeps one over, but still as to the reply above... something something isnt good unless its come in moderation and solber... unless that what is spoken of as love by you - underlines the means as to transform and sweep under the hurts and pains as to the pocket holes of your garden in fullness and tender, then yes i understand; but still question why in such formation of access....ie past hurts and complaints to to be made mentioned off..

thanks for the reply VF, care to question more and further!? i

Add-on:
But then it doesnt come to all in the same manner and way,.. so ur explaining something in a higher doses then what others feel.so what is the character of love then? since it is so open to so many, how and why if you could eplain in your words,.. all are welcome here, thx

shivatar
14-01-2017, 11:00 PM
This is like saying lets define every shade of red (all things that are love-like) with the color red (love). Theres millions of shades of red, and one red.

However I'll try out of pride and foolishness. haha. Love is most noticable to me by how well it makes my life. A person I love is someone who is good for me. They might make me angry frequently or push my buttons but someones got to do that or I'd be living in a fantasy world of my thoughts and little more. Good to me means productive, healthy. Good to me doesn't mean the absence of negative things like fights and disagreements.

Before I meet them I can guess how much love I'll have for them based off if we have natural chemistry and how good they can make my life. If someone is sexy but has a bad personality and probably wont be able to teach me anything or better my life in any way I'm not going to have strong feelings for them.

Some important things women "do for me" in a relationship to create a feeling of love within me are.

make me feel comfortable. Sometimes a humble woman can make me feel relaxed without doing anything. I don't feel the anxiety to always impress her and I like it. It's an example where she doesnt do anything, it's an attribute of hers that does something for me because it combines well with my personality.

Help me be more social. Again a woman can do a lot for me just by bringing me out of my silence with some small conversation. It's not like shes doing anything for me, shes just being herself, but because of how she is there are things about her that naturally make my life better. Less anxiety, more cheerful conversations and less awkward silence , etc etc.

Gwutzi
14-01-2017, 11:06 PM
This is like saying lets define every shade of red (all things that are love-like) with the color red (love). Theres millions of shades of red, and one red.

However I'll try out of pride and foolishness. haha. Love is most noticable to me by how well it makes my life. A person I love is someone who is good for me. They might make me angry frequently or push my buttons but someones got to do that or I'd be living in a fantasy world of my thoughts and little more. Good to me means productive, healthy. Good to me doesn't mean the absence of negative things like fights and disagreements.

Before I meet them I can guess how much love I'll have for them based off if we have natural chemistry and how good they can make my life. If someone is sexy but has a bad personality and probably wont be able to teach me anything or better my life in any way I'm not going to have strong feelings for them.

Some important things women "do for me" in a relationship to create a feeling of love within me are.

make me feel comfortable. Sometimes a humble woman can make me feel relaxed without doing anything. I don't feel the anxiety to always impress her and I like it. It's an example where she doesnt do anything, it's an attribute of hers that does something for me because it combines well with my personality.

Help me be more social. Again a woman can do a lot for me just by bringing me out of my silence with some small conversation. It's not like shes doing anything for me, shes just being herself, but because of how she is there are things about her that naturally make my life better. Less anxiety, more cheerful conversations and less awkward silence , etc etc.

Well shivatar,.. what you mentioned on was mostly social and relationship wise.. but what if you were the only one in the world, but you felt that love that love can be or is known for... how would you describe it then.. in disregards that yes love make you comfortable with people ur drawn to, but in this i rather speak about the notion as if one was alone to experience love itself without a partner perhaps... hwo is love then to you and what...?

shivatar
14-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Good love is something that makes your life better. Bad love makes it more difficult.

Good love helps you be someone more than you could ever be on your own. It's a dream-team made of you and your perfect match. We can know good love by if it's building us into a better person than we could have ever dreamed. If we dreamed we'd make more progress.. well, its not easy to hear we haven't found the right someone, just someone for right now, but in the back of our minds we usually know when a person is not good for us. It's only if we are very stubborn or unable to listen to our self that we need to hear it from someone else.

shivatar
14-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Well shivatar,.. what you mentioned on was mostly social and relationship wise.. but what if you were the only one in the world, but you felt that love that love can be or is known for... how would you describe it then.. in disregards that yes love make you comfortable with people ur drawn to, but in this i rather speak about the notion as if one was alone to experience love itself without a partner perhaps... hwo is love then to you and what...?

So how do I define self-love?

self-love is radical self-acceptance and forgiveness.

As for how it feels, like a warm tingling sensation all over my body and especially in my chest area. Love feels very similar to happiness.

Ever been very happy but just laughed once for a few seconds, or smiled for a few seconds? Love can be that brief as well and its easy to mis-identify.

Also a good way to tell the difference is happiness is usually tied to a reason. "Im happy because I'm getting off work soon", or "Im happy because that was funny!". Love is beyond reasons. "WHY DO YOU LOVE THAT PERSON, THEY ARE SO BAD???" I don't know, I just do. "Why can't you quit that ___, it's so bad for you?" I don't know, I just love it even though it's bad.

shivatar
14-01-2017, 11:21 PM
I think love is an inexplainable feeling that you can't control. It makes even the worse person do horrible things just to help or be around said person. It really cuts down deep into your subconscious, and it's not something you can ignore, no matter how hard you try.

I agree. Love is uncontrollable and intoxicating.

Gwutzi
14-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Good love is something that makes your life better. Bad love makes it more difficult.

Good love helps you be someone more than you could ever be on your own. It's a dream-team made of you and your perfect match. We can know good love by if it' :)s building us into a better person than we could have ever dreamed. If we dreamed we'd make more progress.. well, its not easy to hear we haven't found the right someone, just someone for right now, but in the back of our minds we usually know when a person is not good for us. It's only if we are very stubborn or unable to listen to our self that we need to hear it from someone else.

To you, love comes back ultimately to one with his mate, which is fine, but not the intent of this thread... love is but a word until someone gives meaning to it.. you its the goal of finding someone, altho u did state a few things about it.. good love and bad love, which i take greatly take as a submit to this topic, but in disregards i dismiss the other few sentences of the special someone one must find or is to find to find that or conclude it as love. So thanks and cheers :)

shivatar
14-01-2017, 11:33 PM
To you, love comes back ultimately to one with his mate, which is fine, but not the intent of this thread... love is but a word until someone gives meaning to it.. you its the goal of finding someone, altho u did state a few things about it.. good love and bad love, which i take greatly take as a submit to this topic, but in disregards i dismiss the other few sentences of the special someone one must find or is to find to find that or conclude it as love. So thanks and cheers :)

You asked for my beliefs on love so I gave what I've experienced in life so far.

I didn't describe an ideal love that I don't know exists. I didn't describe what I think love is, I described what I've found out through experience.

Sounds to me though like you are going for an ideal definition or something.
Impossible task in my opinion, that's why I just gave what I've experienced. the original "lets define love" is impossible. it's either been done before (in which case why are you asking) or we're not going to be able to come up with anything better than the best minds of the past have came up with. And i assure you this is one of the most thought about topics

Gwutzi
14-01-2017, 11:54 PM
You asked for my beliefs on love so I gave what I've experienced in life so far.

I didn't describe an ideal love that I don't know exists. I didn't describe what I think love is, I described what I've found out through experience.

Sounds to me though like you are going for an ideal definition or something.
Impossible task in my opinion, that's why I just gave what I've experienced. the original "lets define love" is impossible. it's either been done before (in which case why are you asking) or we're not going to be able to come up with anything better than the best minds of the past have came up with. And i assure you this is one of the most thought about topics

Impossible, nothing is.... ideal love perspective is...
what you describe by experience is what most experience by experience. What is tho requested of, is to define love beyond the experience one has since that is more beneficiary to most, then ones conclusive experience as one has experienced. Could go either way but this thread is more about a conclusive form of it.. perhaps impossible to you.. but i see possibility of describing and defining such things plenty of possible, nevertheless i appreciate your post and comments.

shivatar
15-01-2017, 12:44 AM
I think the word you're looking for is subjective, not conclusive.

Gwutzi
15-01-2017, 01:16 AM
I think the word you're looking for is subjective, not conclusive.

perhaps,
truthful so..

all else, pls be in continuation of this threads topic, disregard this minor rebuttal
thanks

Clover
15-01-2017, 01:51 AM
I like what Gracey's signature says

Love is not in your heart, love is in your spirit.

Gwutzi
15-01-2017, 01:58 AM
I like what Gracey's signature says

Love is not in your heart, love is in your spirit.

so it is a spirit that enters the heart..... interesting..

boshy b. good
15-01-2017, 09:47 AM
go right ahead, i just found out about this
one too.i'd say we are wake'd up on this one.
'we are serious about a lovely loving, now
let's serve it up to our we are holding, what
we are holding you know what we should love that'

Gwutzi
15-01-2017, 09:25 PM
go right ahead, i just found out about this
one too.i'd say we are wake'd up on this one.
'we are serious about a lovely loving, now
let's serve it up to our we are holding, what
we are holding you know what we should love that'

interesting post, tho i did not get what that was all about...

Add-on: I hope this thread can be continually added on in post till we get to a summed up understanding or realization of something to the contribution of the words meaning love.
This is the intent of this thread, to pile things up and see a new or different phase of love, So with no further do; pls do so .. :)

Starman
15-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Love is not only a feeling but also it is a presence. To experience love without having an object of love, or a symbol of love. No action denoting love or representation of love. Love, all by itself, without attachments to anything, has a very thick, rich, and intoxicating presence.

Joy and happiness embody a certain degree of love, while bliss and rapture holds another degree of love. Love is always with us, as we are that which we call “love.” The question is to what degree will I allow myself to be loved and to what degree will I give love? Conditional love or unconditional love, it’s all just a matter of opening and closing my heart; the core of my being.

We carry it around with us all the time and it is always available to us. We say things like “I fell in love or fell out of love.” But actually, certain people, animals, and things, diamonds, etc., because of our conditioning, we open up to more readily with love more so than we might to some other things or people. But when there are no people or things present, like sitting alone in deep quiet meditation, and beautiful incredible love comes and can be seen as an entity flowing from within us. It is difficult to truly love others if we do not love ourselves.

To me it is so amazing for many reasons; love can make us so vulnerable yet give us such great fulfillment and strength. When I was younger there was talk of infatuation and “puppy love” and now in later years we talk about mature love, romantic love, and committed love. I kind of think it would be neat to have puppy love or infatuation throughout life and into the so called elderly years.

Love has been sometimes called a state of insanity, as people will do things when they are “in” love that they otherwise would not do. What would you do for love? So there is this song by the late Robert Palmer; Addicted to Love. Aren’t we all? And is that so bad? Loving and being loved is such a fantastic incomparable high. It is all absorbing and I believe that people have different capacities to love; according to their concepts of love or current ability to share love. Love is not the word “love;” yet people often want to hear someone say that they love them. Love is beyond thoughts, words, and actions. God is love.:smile:

Starman
15-01-2017, 10:01 PM
"Air to breath, light to see. A soul needs nourishment all its own. Whoever you are,
wherever you are from, whatever tradition guides your way. There comes a time
when we all need to be touched through the heart."

LETTING YOURSELF BE LOVED,
From “Lessons From the Heart," By Lew Epstein

"No one has ever prepared us for this experience,
We think it’s the end – no,
It’s another beginning.
It’s knowing that you are loved,
It’s not easy, letting yourself be loved,
Because we’ve learned to judge ourselves,
We’re always judging ourselves.

But I’ve learned to listen that I was loved. I am loved!
But then I would forget that I was loved.
Those were the most painful times for me…
Forgetting that I was loved.

So you’ve let yourself be loved while you’ve been here.
And you judged yourself.
And you’ve forgotten that you were loved,
And you became alone…but you will always be here.

You are blessed, you are forgiven, you are an angel.
You have to listen that you are loved and you have to forgive all the time.
Thank you for letting me love you, thank you for letting yourself be loved.

God bless you."

naturesflow
15-01-2017, 10:13 PM
I once read a quote that said, "Love is but a word, until someone comes along and gives it meaning"..
Altho this word has a questionable definition to me at the present moment; this thread is not to as to explain it to me, the thread starter only, but to yourself's as to how you would define the meaning of love to be to yourself's.. and another as it does grow in definitions time after time,.

When words cannot convey, prose comes into play..

In the beginning
love was being
Born into creation
through the sense
Of tiny hands and feet

Through all feelings
of touch
All those smiles
that would greet
In the wisdom of eyes
looking in
Giving gaze

The formation of self
there begins
Your sun rays
every movement of your body
In the cries
to be fed

In the loving embrace
of all hearts feeling dread
In the hunger of your belly
crying out to survive

The wisdom of love
breaks through
Comes alive

Every touch
every feeling
Every view
that you make
This formation
of your picture
Is how you relate

To the nature of love
from all hands who held
In every way of those memories
love was formed
As this meld

In the greater perspective
of the greater living world
That conceived you
and built you
In everyway
you are hurled

Into life, into being
into every single ray
That shines upon your heart
upon your feelings
Every day

As life moves you to experience
love in every way of it's form
You as the vessel
become what is norm

To the foundation of your making
until you realize
Love was so blind
love a picture
Held in this bind

To let the greater perspective
as a life in love
You begin to let awareness
recreate from above

Where you ascend
these earthly gatherings
Undo and reveal
that love as a word
Has a life so real

When as it was
you imagined
That love
was so this way

You become aware
in the essence
that love
is a play

Real, unreal
Entwined
And divine

Yet love
always showing
I AM
just fine..

ajay00
16-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Imho, love is intrinsically connected with the state of one's consciousness.

For me, pure consciousness is pure love, and one who has purified his consciousness becomes love itself and spreads it wherever he or she goes.

Hence the quote is right when it states that love gets meaning through an entity who manifests it in her being.

Gwutzi
16-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Imho, love is intrinsically connected with the state of one's consciousness.

For me, pure consciousness is pure love, and one who has purified his consciousness becomes love itself and spreads it wherever he or she goes.

Hence the quote is right when it states that love gets meaning through an entity who manifests it in her being.

nice.. all i can say... Nice!!
:)

Christiane
13-03-2017, 05:51 PM
"Love is but a word, until someone comes along and gives it meaning"..

I think this is beautiful and very true. I used to think love is a feeling, that butterfly feeling in your stomach when falling in love with someone. But real love is so much more than that. It is a feeling, emotions, the base of all your actions, the million things you do without even thinking about it just because, well because you are in love. Beautiful!

Lorelyen
13-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Interesting - because no one has determined which comes first, the sign or the signified. With an abstract like "love", who knows?
It's usually the phenomenon that gives rise to codification in a word. Same with abstracts, I suppose.
It takes at least two (people) to recognise they have experienced something similar for
a communicative need. Then they try to define its characteristics or essences.

Experiences defy precise definition/description in words.

There are at least as many "meanings" of the word "love" as there are people who
experience it. Often it can be stated in more meaningful terms understood by commonality
of experience: desire, passion, concern, compassion, etc.

bluebird21
13-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Love is a force which is felt when our heart chakra is cleared enough to either completely or partially open. If you are interested in understanding the energetic physiology of Love I definitely recommend reading Three Essays on Universal Law, The Laws of Karma, Will, and Love by Michael A. Singer. "True love, being made manifest in the fourth center of consciousness (chakra), can only exist once the limiting pull of EGO is transcended... Love is not the emotional state of "I love her because she's pretty and it will reflect well on me. I love him because he can provide me with a secure family life." ... Many relationships which we term "love" are really motivated by the third chakra. They are so self-oriented that the energy is totally unable to become manifest in the higher chakras."

He explains how love is an internal force, not contingent on anybody or anything outside of us. But we get confused. Really, that person has strong enough energy to make our self-centered thoughts go away, the expansions of consciousness beyond thinking about our little selves allows for a heart-opening. Once the heart chakra is cleared we feel in love... without any object of our love. Or everyone and everything becomes the object.

boshy b. good
13-03-2017, 08:19 PM
when we soar ( so ) what are we loving daily, we know
what we are loving daily, what's up with going to soar

bluebird21
13-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Describing Love from a more personal and intuitive stance I find to be more difficult... There are really no words. But as these feelings are fresh in me :) I will describe.

True love feels incredibly simple. I just love that person, for no reason, but that they are who they are. The feelings of reverence, devotion, and love I believe to all be the same feeling of Love, but to different degrees or in different contexts (with different objects, i.e. a guru vs. a lover), the mind describes them differently. But it all feels the same to me. Therefore true love feels like a religious/spiritual experience to me.

I've also thought I was in love twice but it was actually totally egoic, and rooted in the desire for those ppl to confirm my worth because I didn't feel I had worth.

True love feels totally different... simple, profound, always deeply healing, awakening, makes me cry, the feeling of completely knowing the other, the feeling of meeting yourself within another.

A human Being
13-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Beautifully expressed, bluebird21 :smile:

Lorelyen
13-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Love is a force which is felt when our heart chakra is cleared enough to either completely or partially open. If you are interested in understanding the energetic physiology of Love I definitely recommend reading Three Essays on Universal Law, The Laws of Karma, Will, and Love by Michael A. Singer. "True love, being made manifest in the fourth center of consciousness (chakra), can only exist once the limiting pull of EGO is transcended... Love is not the emotional state of "I love her because she's pretty and it will reflect well on me. I love him because he can provide me with a secure family life." ... Many relationships which we term "love" are really motivated by the third chakra. They are so self-oriented that the energy is totally unable to become manifest in the higher chakras."
But that IS love. Maybe not the same as someone describes in a book but it's love of a sort and there's nothing to negate it. A love of a beautiful object, be it a person or some artifact is still love of a sort.

He explains how love is an internal force, not contingent on anybody or anything outside of us. But we get confused. Really, that person has strong enough energy to make our self-centered thoughts go away, the expansions of consciousness beyond thinking about our little selves allows for a heart-opening. Once the heart chakra is cleared we feel in love... without any object of our love. Or everyone and everything becomes the object.
And there are many internal forces. Sometimes we call them motivations; sometimes inspirations, sometimes hate as much as love, not contingent on...etc. I'm not being contrary and it could be because the equivalent of chakras in my root "faith" (another internal force not contingent, etc) number 16. The danger with trying to work with this centre to the exclusion of the rest is emotional imbalance. Intense feelings, sure... but directed at what? Can it be more than a great feeling of exuberance if it has no object?

What makes true love true? How can it be recognised?

♥♦♣♠

bluebird21
13-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Beautifully expressed, bluebird21 :smile:

Thank you :)

bluebird21
13-03-2017, 09:38 PM
But that IS love. Maybe not the same as someone describes in a book but it's love of a sort and there's nothing to negate it. A love of a beautiful object, be it a person or some artifact is still love of a sort.

And there are many internal forces. Sometimes we call them motivations; sometimes inspirations, sometimes hate as much as love, not contingent on...etc. I'm not being contrary and it could be because the equivalent of chakras in my root "faith" (another internal force not contingent, etc) number 16. The danger with trying to work with this centre to the exclusion of the rest is emotional imbalance. Intense feelings, sure... but directed at what? Can it be more than a great feeling of exuberance if it has no object?

What makes true love true? How can it be recognised?

♥♦♣♠

I'd say fondness and great appreciation are better words than love of a beautiful object. If we feel we "love" someone because of what they give us, I'd say compassion, care, again great appreciation and fondness are better words. And there's nothing wrong with these feelings... They aren't "worse than" love, they just are what they are. And they are wonderful feelings. Love is rare, just because of the nature of our conditioning and society and how blocked up our chakras get.

What makes true love true? It asks for nothing. Is what first comes to mind.

We can also agree to disagree :)

naturesflow
14-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Describing Love from a more personal and intuitive stance I find to be more difficult... There are really no words. But as these feelings are fresh in me :) I will describe.

True love feels incredibly simple. I just love that person, for no reason, but that they are who they are. The feelings of reverence, devotion, and love I believe to all be the same feeling of Love, but to different degrees or in different contexts (with different objects, i.e. a guru vs. a lover), the mind describes them differently. But it all feels the same to me. Therefore true love feels like a religious/spiritual experience to me.

I've also thought I was in love twice but it was actually totally egoic, and rooted in the desire for those ppl to confirm my worth because I didn't feel I had worth.

True love feels totally different... simple, profound, always deeply healing, awakening, makes me cry, the feeling of completely knowing the other, the feeling of meeting yourself within another.

Yes. Very nicely expressed. I like what you shared about love for no reason. In reconnecting to my true self rather than attached self, I am aware now that loving more openly and freely without attachment, means loving is simply a reflection and expression of directing myself to what it is I love to do, share space with, connect with another etc etc.

I know the difference within me because I am aware of the essence of my old self with regards to love and loving. And very aware of the open state of being and feeling more complete and sharing that as myself. To understand this, it simply becomes a reflection that you feel loved, you feel complete, for no reason also, nothing needs to complete that. You complete that to know yourself as all external desire and need as far as love to complete you goes. The natural extension of sharing you as all that, becomes an expression of loving self more complete, sharing you as that. How another feels is just how another feels. If two people are clear in this way I am describing, then it becomes a mutual shared space of love, much like any space of love we express from where we are within..

The integration to build the deeper awareness of what you are, how you feel and how you connect becomes a interconnected relationship when it comes to matters of the heart and spirit...

From a spiritual love perspective, I simply see love as a more expanded awareness in being and feeling complete, inside myself. As far as human relationships go, what flows from that is often presence of being what you feel and know yourself to be. So how you feel about yourself and all life, says much about your own presence.

Lorelyen
14-03-2017, 08:02 AM
I'm ok (to agree to disagree :smile: ) though I don't think there's too much disagreement.

Love is a word I rarely use now because, as you seem to express, it's
internalised, not directed at any person or object so, deeply experiential
it's utterance is meaningless other than as spirit (as I believe Clover says
up there).

I sometimes think the word gets over-used in places where love is scarce.
Just as you find "peace" being bandied about where there is no peace. Often,
turning up on this forum I sense that so many are anguished/miserable
maybe, because of the lack of a credible warmth in their lives, a
yearning for that. So the word appears often. Others grab it assuming they
can assign the same meaning. Fine, they recognise common characteristics
but to say what it is, is impossible. We all recognise, say, the colour 'blue'
but trying to explain what 'blue' is to a blind person is a different matter.

Difficult.

naturesflow
14-03-2017, 08:07 AM
I'd say fondness and great appreciation are better words than love of a beautiful object. If we feel we "love" someone because of what they give us, I'd say compassion, care, again great appreciation and fondness are better words. And there's nothing wrong with these feelings... They aren't "worse than" love, they just are what they are. And they are wonderful feelings. Love is rare, just because of the nature of our conditioning and society and how blocked up our chakras get.

What makes true love true? It asks for nothing. Is what first comes to mind.

We can also agree to disagree :)

I call loving for no reason and without need to claim something from that, unconditional love. Again love for no reason other than being yourself as an expression of that realization from within.

Love is expressed in so many ways, so I don't buy into love is rare. People are loving and express love, conditioned and blocked in so many ways regardless..Most people have issues but can still love and care..... Love is an expression in feeling to be moved in some way of care, support, understanding, whatever that need may be that seeks you to express yourself.

Naturally through the awareness of being love, loving and feeling loved, there are so many variations of love. To me the whole scope of love is what makes love what it is. Not one thing, not something rare. Even love attached or unclear potentially is expressing love within the issues one might have. It can still show care and loving response even so.

Many who experience the heightened state in feeling bliss, love whatever they name that feeling, is named and associated to feeling something and responding to what they believe that is and what causes this. Some attach to god as the reason. Which again gives reason to why one feels and is responding in the way they do. Some attach to others and name them as the reason for that feeling, which is the same, giving reason for feeling. Awareness we feel, and we respond and create what we feel and respond to with reason is a human desire, where as the fullness of expression in feeling and understanding love, is what brought you to that point in feeling. Without addition of what creates, you know yourself as a creation that can experience a range and depth in feeling.

Reflections help of course, but generally we build that as ourselves if you make a conscious choice to let go and let yourself become all that you see in others as being reason. The reason is you as life expressing as you can and are able through the whole scope of being a human being. Being spirit in human body.

naturesflow
14-03-2017, 08:19 AM
I'm ok (to agree to disagree :smile: ) though I don't think there's too much disagreement.

Love is a word I rarely use now because, as you seem to express, it's
internalised, not directed at any person or object so, deeply experiential
it's utterance is meaningless other than as spirit (as I believe Clover says
up there).

I sometimes think the word gets over-used in places where love is scarce.
Just as you find "peace" being bandied about where there is no peace. Often,
turning up on this forum I sense that so many are anguished/miserable
maybe, because of the lack of a credible warmth in their lives, a
yearning for that. So the word appears often. Others grab it assuming they
can assign the same meaning. Fine, they recognise common characteristics
but to say what it is, is impossible. We all recognise, say, the colour 'blue'
but trying to explain what 'blue' is to a blind person is a different matter.

Difficult.

Yes it often arises when that yearning and desire in feeling sees love as a need in them to find and build, to fill something up that is empty. So the outward expression in feeling will convey itself aware it is feeling complete in some way...Whether it is "you" complete me in this feeling I feel towards you, or "God completes me" when I show adoration ...We choose our source to match what is just being you, expressing what you are and can express through yourself aware and open to do so.. There are commonalties in love as there is in fear or anger or whatever brings two people together as a whole host.

Lorelyen
14-03-2017, 02:00 PM
Yes it often arises when that yearning and desire in feeling sees love as a need in them to find and build, to fill something up that is empty. So the outward expression in feeling will convey itself aware it is feeling complete in some way...Whether it is "you" complete me in this feeling I feel towards you, or "God completes me" when I show adoration ...We choose our source to match what is just being you, expressing what you are and can express through yourself aware and open to do so.. There are commonalties in love as there is in fear or anger or whatever brings two people together as a whole host.
Yes. At a more banal, analytical level, this comes up in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. As our need rise up from just the physiological (survival) they become more psychological. The longingness and belongingness that need to be established before esteem and accomplishment become a need. A bit old as psychology goes but there's some substance to it.

Here's the gubbins but you're au fait enough with it. Others may not be. It is as "spiritual" as one needs to make it. There's only one thing wrong. I need coffee and that isn't on the chart... oh, deary me. Better get the shopping list done.

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/MarylynQuinn/maslow-pyramid_zps1kgdqdbe.jpg (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/MarylynQuinn/media/maslow-pyramid_zps1kgdqdbe.jpg.html)

naturesflow
14-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Yes. At a more banal, analytical level, this comes up in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. As our need rise up from just the physiological (survival) they become more psychological. The longingness and belongingness that need to be established before esteem and accomplishment become a need. A bit old as psychology goes but there's some substance to it.

Here's the gubbins but you're au fait enough with it. Others may not be. It is as "spiritual" as one needs to make it. There's only one thing wrong. I need coffee and that isn't on the chart... oh, deary me. Better get the shopping list done.

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/MarylynQuinn/maslow-pyramid_zps1kgdqdbe.jpg (http://s784.photobucket.com/user/MarylynQuinn/media/maslow-pyramid_zps1kgdqdbe.jpg.html)

Indeedy...I have a fondness of Maslow's hierarchy. So I must be old..haha

It really is a great indicator of the "reality" of life and natural progression as it can be. For those on the "spiritual" pathway, where a more "conscious" awareness of self development becomes apparent to them, this is a good indication of you moving through the various stages to get a guage on personal growth. Of course others who don't need to focus on this as a spiritual doorway or path, just move through without too much need to make it a "more" conscious pathway. Just getting on with life and making a life, with choices still in the mix. They just live it with what they are and have to live it with. :)

Joyce
14-03-2017, 08:52 PM
To me love is the most wonderful feeling in the whole of my life experience. It's that feeling I get when I experience magnificent things in nature.

I had this same feeling the first night I was handed my baby to nurse and looked in his eyes. Not loving my daughter any less; the feeling could not be duplicated in the moment, although I feel it each time I think of her spirit.

The intense love I felt for my incredible dog's spirit as it left his body (at the age of 4) is the only feeling of love ever to match the above.

My spirit will last until I feel this again for another.