PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Box Authenticity

Shivani Devi
02-01-2017, 01:15 AM
Why I am totally convinced this thing actually works - so I am here to discuss it by answering questions that skeptics will often ask me, or stuff they will say:

1. "It is only just 'the radio".

It is funny how, at the beginning of my sessions, I will say 'hello spirits' and within the space of a whole sweep of the FM band on 200 mgs/sec I will hear 'Hi'...'hello'...'howdy'...'hello'...'hi there'. If it is just coincidental, it happening every time blows that out of the water too.

Also, some unruly spirits like to drop the 'f-bomb' from time to time and last I heard, radio stations in Australia (under federal code of conduct laws) couldn't broadcast that word.

2. "You are only hearing what you want to hear". The 'cognative bias argument'.

Even if I want to hear it or not, I'm still hearing it and the messages may contain things I totally disagree with or stuff I wouldn't have even thought about, so whether I 'want to hear it' or not doesn't apply. I try and be as professional and scientific about it as possible.

3. "It is all pareidolia or audio hallucination. Your brain is filling in the 'missing bits' and creating words out of thin air".

Based upon individual phenomes (root sounds) creating the lingual formation of words, this may be so. It may apply to individual words which may be totally unclear to us, so our brain naturally approximates within context and framework.

The longest continuous sentence I have on documented record, spoken by one spirit over the full FM band on a 200 mgs reverse sweep was "don't bore us with expecting us to do that task - we won't do it" after I asked them to identify a seashell I was holding in my hand.

A few correctly identified it as a "shell" though.

4. "It is somebody with a baby monitor/ham radio messing with you".

Funny thing about that is they are able to identify held objects, when people enter or leave a room, what I am watching on TV, who is about to phone me in 2 minutes, what I had for dinner and how much they personally know about me and my surrounding environment. I threw the 'baby monitor' idea out ages ago.

5. "It is just your own thoughts/you are making it up".

Even if it is my own thoughts or something out there reading my mind, I still find it fascinating how these subconscious thoughts can actually become audible over the FM band - it's pretty darn awesome either way, so I don't mind that.

6. "It is dangerous".

If one didn't think there was actually something 'to it' then it wouldn't be 'dangerous'. It is only as dangerous as you let it be. You can surround yourself with Light, cast protection spells, call on guides or whatever...or simply believe that nothing can harm you because you're not afraid and you won't 'let it'. Our own fears and superstitions are what causes the 'danger' so as long as one is aware of that.

7. "I cannot hear anything".

Not everybody can and if you don't believe such things are at least possible, you probably won't. It's like 'selective deafness' and you're not even consciously aware of it. It doesn't mean I can hear things because I believe. I heard them before I did and they made me believe. Some people are deaf to certain tones and frequencies too, it just happens that way. You just have to believe and trust that others hear those things you cannot. Does a tree still make a sound when it falls in a forest if no people were around to hear it? of course it does.

I hope you enjoyed my spirit box thing and thank you for reading.

Kine Lea
02-01-2017, 07:33 AM
Why I am totally convinced this thing actually works - so I am here to discuss it by answering questions that skeptics will often ask me, or stuff they will say:

1. "It is only just 'the radio".

It is funny how, at the beginning of my sessions, I will say 'hello spirits' and within the space of a whole sweep of the FM band on 200 mgs/sec I will hear 'Hi'...'hello'...'howdy'...'hello'...'hi there'. If it is just coincidental, it happening every time blows that out of the water too.

I was wondering what type of radio is used. Does it also receive terrestrial radio transmission, ie ordinary radio stations?

On Wikipedia there is some information on the Frank Sumption radio - a white noise sweep across the AM band that collects split second snippets of EVP! White noise is not the only colour. There is also pink, blue, violet, and even grey. And various other types, like shot noise etc...
In electronic production music (Audio Editing Software) there is a neat trick to separate vocal content from a song. If a karaoke version of the song is laid precisely along side the original song and played with one track inverted, ie with a 180 degree phase shift, then the music will cancel each other out leaving the vocals intact, as the remainder.

Are there any such techniques used other than ordinary radio reception?

... just a few thoughts on the subject.

Shivani Devi
02-01-2017, 07:45 AM
I was wondering what type of radio is used. Does it also receive terrestrial radio transmission, ie ordinary radio stations?

On Wikipedia there is some information on the Frank Sumption radio - a white noise sweep across the AM band that collects split second snippets of EVP! White noise is not the only colour. There is also pink, blue, violet, and even grey. And various other types, like shot noise etc...
In electronic production music (Audio Editing Software) there is a neat trick to separate vocal content from a song. If a karaoke version of the song is laid precisely along side the original song and played with one track inverted, ie with a 180 degree phase shift, then the music will cancel each other out leaving the vocals intact, as the remainder.

... just a few thoughts on the subject.It is a usual superheterodyne receiver that has the 'scanning button' set to constantly scan the stations at an incredible rate with white noise between the stations.

Any old radio can be modified and used - especially Radio Shacks, Sony Walkmans and Memorex...anything that has white noise between stations and a scanning button. All you need to do is open the case and disconnect the 'mute' tuning switch so it constantly scans when turned on.

I've even got replies through my old clock radio once via manual tuning.

I haven't tried it with pink noise or any other type, but there are ghost boxes out there that have 'sound banks' and pink noise...but those sound banks are rigged, I swear - the number of times certain words get repeated by the same voice like "angel" and "UFO" and "devil" - it's like it has been pre-programmed to reply using the most relevant words.

The P-SB7/11 and the Sangean and Radio Shack hacks do not have these 'sound banks' within the white noise.

Any ghost box with a 'sound bank' I won't use.

Thank for explaining how Karaoke works and how sound waves cancel each other out if placed at 180 degrees to each other. I learned something new.

Shivani Devi
02-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Are there any such techniques used other than ordinary radio reception?

... just a few thoughts on the subject.Thank you for your insightful thoughts and questions.

There are other programs and techniques used other than ordinary radio reception and some 'work' better than others - at least in MY experience, but others have different experiences:

Echovox - uses echo and reverb to create a constant 'echo chamber' where sounds can morph into other sounds that sound like different words - this doesn't work for me because I CAN see the whole 'pareidolia effect' with it.

Ovilus - uses an inbuilt 'dictionary' of words and phrases the spirits can choose to communicate. Most of the time, it just spits out random words and junk like I'll say "who am I talking to?" and I'll get "chair" or "flower" while other times I'll have the Ovilus turned on and I'll be randomly complaining about the incompetence of my GP in diagnosing my condition and the words "second" and "opinion" will come up...so yeah, I cannot discount it entirely, let's say 'limited success".

Digital Recorder - The best way to get EVP without any interference or putting it down to any other terrestrial noise source such as a radio. Most paranormal researchers just prefer to use this and nothing else because it's the most trusted form and it's much clearer than any other method. I have used it with great success.

Kine Lea
02-01-2017, 08:31 AM
Echovox - The pitfalls of the Bandwagon, I guess! ... (pun intended)

I read on one other thread where you said something about germanium diodes where found to be more sensitive than their counterparts. This I found very interesting, but only in passing.
I can't help wonder about the aerial. What would happen if a small lump of germanium were wired directly into the receiver. The downside of course is the high price of this precious metal. However ...

I tuned into the youtube video you recommended, by the "Wizard" dude. But found it too difficult to listen to and only managed a few minutes. The scanning was too erratic and irritating to listen to, a more easier experience for the scanner, I'm sure.
Also, some of the voices gave me the willies. To put another way, the characters behind the voices seemed a little course, and belligerent. Not the kind of person I would normally wish to communicate with.

Cheers

ps I used to buy germanium diodes from a shop where the owner would call them "geraniums", with a big smile on his face. Not sure what I'm getting at ... just a little piece of trivia:)

Shivani Devi
02-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Echovox - The pitfalls of the Bandwagon, I guess! ... (pun intended)

I read on one other thread where you said something about germanium diodes where found to be more sensitive than their counterparts. This I found very interesting, but only in passing.
I can't help wonder about the aerial. What would happen if a small lump of germanium were wired directly into the receiver. The downside of course is the high price of this precious metal. However ...

I tuned into the youtube video you recommended, by the "Wizard" dude. But found it too difficult to listen to and only managed a few minutes. The scanning was too erratic and irritating to listen to, a more easier experience for the scanner, I'm sure.
Also, some of the voices gave me the willies. To put another way, the characters behind the voices seemed a little course, and belligerent. Not the kind of person I would normally wish to communicate with.

Cheers

ps I used to buy germanium diodes from a shop where the owner would call them "geraniums", with a big smile on his face. Not sure what I'm getting at ... just a little piece of trivia:)The germaniun diode aerial/receiver has already been done by Konstantin Raudive.

I found an image of one once, let's see if I can find it again...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raudive-039-s-Germanium-Diode-Receiver-for-EVP-Research-/162122095169

Oh these voices are crass, rude, repugnant and give one the willies for sure - until you get to know them and talk to them.

I've lost count the number of times I have been told to 'eff off', until I said "no, you" and they are all nice to me now.

However, the best thing I want to try and modify is an all-band receiver which even picks up microwaves and air traffic control and car alarms...

http://www.techlib.com/electronics/allband.htm

Now that would be cool.

Kine Lea
02-01-2017, 09:23 AM
However, the best thing I want to try and modify is an all-band receiver which even picks up microwaves and air traffic control and car alarms...

Now that would be cool.

Karen's recording of the UK cell phone tower is amazing.
"Beam me up Schottky" :smile: I think I'm hooked!

Shivani Devi
02-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Karen's recording of the UK cell phone tower is amazing.
"Beam me up Schottky" :smile: I think I'm hooked!I know, right? :cool:

Then after that, you take a nice little trip down the other end of the EM spectrum to VLF and ELF and hear the 'earth noises' like electrostatic energy and magnetic forces.

...and one builds something like this for the heck of it:

https://cdn.instructables.com/FUG/XU4E/FYTCLHEW/FUGXU4EFYTCLHEW.MEDIUM.jpg?width=614

It's called a Tesla Spirit Radio and doesn't use the normal radio at all. You can get some good EVPs through this as well, but you need to be real patient and filter out a lot of background noise.

However, here are all the EVP frequency ranges anyway:
http://www.paranormalghost.com/evp_frequency_ranges.htm

After that I went and studied some spectogram readings of germanium crystal atoms before discovering...

E.J Goldd and his amazing crystal radio that refines a RF signal with great accuracy and it's called a crystal quantum radio. I tried to find a link of one of these in action, but failed.

On youtube, there's a user called Greg Manchester and he builds all types of Spirit Boxes and diode receivers...

Greg Manchester, E.J. Goldd, Chicago Spiritwave (home of 'Andy's Box') and Mr. Fix It Rick are the places to go to learn about all of this stuff.

Shivani Devi
02-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Here we go, I just found my old Youtube channel:

VLF EVP Voice Using a Raudive TSR Germanium Antenna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQTQTBMKu0

Spiricom Tones VLF Experiment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIUiD9mdmhY

Raudive Germanium Diode Spectogram Analysis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiErrBHYKpA

E.J Goldd's Beta Blocker Quantum Crystal Radio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPEh4zZYse8

Frey Effect: Microwaves beaming voices directly into our Auditory Cortex:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Or5zuykSSc

Keith Weldon's Sony Walkman Ghost Box Hack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0kh0S_J2PA

Welcome to my world. lol

Kine Lea
02-01-2017, 10:40 AM
That's a lot to be getting on with. I've been wanting to put together some electronic circuitry recently, but feeling bored with the usual recycling of old guitar FX, or LED "light show follies".
The sight of those radio circuit diagrams has sparked some ideas well worth chasing down.

Thanks

Shivani Devi
02-01-2017, 11:14 AM
That's a lot to be getting on with. I've been wanting to put together some electronic circuitry recently, but feeling bored with the usual recycling of old guitar FX, or LED "light show follies".
The sight of those radio circuit diagrams has sparked some ideas well worth chasing down.

ThanksNo problems and glad to help, inspire and all.

The info I have posted is just 'reference material' anyway. I just dropped it here while I remembered it. I didn't expect you to look at it all...it's just there if you need it.

Thanks again for posting and sharing.

TeamEffort
03-09-2017, 03:59 AM
Here's a data point for you.

Friend of mine has one of these things. I'm non-physical myself (see my introduction, I have someone who lets me borrow their hands to type here), so I thought I'd give it a try and see what I could do. I figured the most clear thing I could possibly do was to say my name over and over rather than something generic like "hello."

Worked great. My name comes through at least a half dozen times in the recording.

So yes, they work, if they're the kind that actually uses radio frequencies, not the phone app kind.

dream jo
05-11-2017, 12:12 AM
yep iv herd
its in yore hed
u makin it up
no sush thng
yes iv herd i hav
i no wot i herd

Shivani Devi
01-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Goodness gracious me!

I can see my current calling right now.

I've been watching many spirit box sessions on Youtube today and the number of times people are getting it all wrong is incredible!

For example...I heard a spirit say "I have a question" and the one who heard it took it as "I am a Christian".

At the end of most of them, I felt like bashing my head against the wall.

When I get more credit on my modem, I'm going to visit all these ghost box people and reply as to what the spirits are really saying! - beyond all cognitive bias of the human mind - because they have allowed me to transcend that.

It's also no wonder they play with us, lie to us and do all that when we have no clue what they are saying and they are getting SO frustrated with not being heard properly...

Fortunately, once in a lifetime...one comes along who can understand it all.

dowsingdoer
02-03-2018, 07:46 PM
As someone who is open-minded about things I don't really understand I feel You Tube is something of a mixed blessing. I have watched a number of fairly convincing videos on YT. but there are an awful lot of "gifts" for the skeptics and perhaps too many over enthusiastic posters, thats my take anyway!

I would be very interested to learn how you are able to form your definitive views, is it by long experience of EVP or do you have a natural gift about these matters? i'd love to know and also become more discerning myself.

Thanks, Chris.

Shivani Devi
02-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Thank you, Chris.

I was asked a very similar question via PM yesterday:

Hi, I'm interested in your comments about your Spirit Box. I used to watch the static on the tv as a child (as recommended by my 'imaginary' friend - before the days of the internet) and could see faces and hear voices (until my mum would switch it off out of fear) but nowadays on modern TVs there is a blue screen which blocks the static and the sound is muted.

I saw a video that you linked and you noted a number of responses, though upon watching the video myself I was unable to hear much at all.

Are there more reliable ways to communicate and control whom you are speaking to etc. as it sounds like you usually just end up with random jokers which seems like a big waste of time (a large variance in quality akin to using chatroulette).

My reply:

"Yes, at the beginning, it's sort of like this. I have also likened it to an 'astral chat room' in that you can't really control what comes through at the start and you get all types.

In most cases, and in that particular video, the Spirit Box user was kind of butting in on a conversation between 4 astral entities, thinking they were talking to him and not each other. When that happens, some of them do say to 'go away' (in no uncertain terms).

After a while, one recognises this and can also recognise individual voices and characters within the Astral and join in the conversation and 'make spirit friends' and usually, others will just leave you alone to have those conversations...and you can also meet some very nice, kind and loving beings as well - it's just like normal human interractions...some will like you and talk to you and some will not.

Many people cannot hear what the spirits are saying and it all just sounds like 'radio static'...but you learn to establish a 'baseline' and anything that deviates from this baseline, is potential spirit communication. When I hear a sound that deviates from the baseline or 'background hum" I will go back and replay it over and over...up to 6 times in some cases and my mind will slow it down, because they talk so goshdarn fast! about 10 times the speed that a normal human ear can hear, but for some reason, I can naturally slow this down inside my head and listen to the whole conversation and it's just like a group of people talking to each other in a crowded restaurant and I can tune in to their conversation. I hope this explains it a bit."

Shivani Devi
02-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Here is a post I made in the "Angels and Guides" section:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1717556&postcount=40

Now, I have Asperger's Syndrome and my mind cannot filter out extraneous or irrelevant information, like the normal or neurotypical brain can.

This is something I have had to learn how to do manually, by totally focusing on one thing and one aspect of my sensory input at the expense of all others, or else, I wind up and overstinulated heap of jelly on the floor.

When a 'normal brain' hears this, one of two things happen...they can hear absolutely nothing at all (because their brains have already filtered out most of it before they even heard it) OR their cognitive biases get in the way and they will post what they only think they heard...meanwhile, only getting like about one word in ten of a whole conversation.

Like I have previously said, it helps to replay each and every second over...and over. It sometimes will take me about 4 hours to transcribe a 10 minute session.

It's like I have a piece of software in my head that can slow down speech and remove all background noise.

The P-SB7 is pretty limited in what it can do though, because of the 'band chunks' communication is broken up into...when I can afford it, I'll probably get a Radio Shack radio and hack it, or a Sangean...I can hear them much clearer on these devices.

dowsingdoer
03-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Thank you Shivani Devi for the two previous posts explaining how you are able to analyse spirit box sounds - you do seem to have a rather special natural set of conditions to assist you. I understand your persistence in repeatedly listening to various parts before being able to fathom out what was said, I too have been using that technique in desperation I suppose, I hoped there was a neat trick I was missing but it does not seem to be so.

Part of my problem is that the target sounds are often only brief, cryptic comments or words with not context to help my brain fill in around the sound to deduce a possible meaning and they don't always make sense to me.

I meant to say earlier that your post 1) at the very beginning of this thread does an excellent, fair minded job of setting out the situation and problems surrounding EVP in general.

Thanks, Chris

Shivani Devi
03-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Thank you Shivani Devi for the two previous posts explaining how you are able to analyse spirit box sounds - you do seem to have a rather special natural set of conditions to assist you. I understand your persistence in repeatedly listening to various parts before being able to fathom out what was said, I too have been using that technique in desperation I suppose, I hoped there was a neat trick I was missing but it does not seem to be so.

Part of my problem is that the target sounds are often only brief, cryptic comments or words with not context to help my brain fill in around the sound to deduce a possible meaning and they don't always make sense to me.

I meant to say earlier that your post 1) at the very beginning of this thread does an excellent, fair minded job of setting out the situation and problems surrounding EVP in general.

Thanks, Chris
It just takes lot of practice, really.

I'll teach you something tonight, Chris (that 'neat trick') and you may not get this at first...but please play around with it.

Sometimes, they will use words to speak, and sometimes sounds that are not speech, but they transform it into a recognisable form of speech and often, three or four words can be spread out over a few seconds, by that one spirit, using different voices and tones...and it takes a highly trained ear to make this out.

For example, we'll take that video I posted...and here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAFqJa9zGVE

Now, we're going to isolate three seconds of it..totally slow down these three seconds in your mind...or if you have some PC software that does it, that's good...but anyway...

Pay particular attention to what goes on between 2:37 and 2:40.

Before that time (2:35-2:36), a woman whispers in the session room (possibly the wife of the spirit box operator).

At 2:37, bordering 2:38 - You will hear..."PLEASE DON'T"...like a man is shouting.

Then, there's a break for about a second...and at 2:39- 2:40 you will hear "whis-per" like somebody is singing it in a song and not talking/speaking it.... but "whis" and "per" are separated by a few semitones.

This is one spirit, saying "Please don't whisper" to that lady.

When you can understand that one spirit can say a whole sentence, using words, singing, music, patching and static, all in different tones and voices, then you will be able to get this.

They use whatever frequencies are available in the airwaves at the time to talk and communicate...I've had a full conversation totally in 'patching' once.

This takes a very skilled ear...and also, the realisation that one second for them, is like ten seconds for us.

Shivani Devi
03-03-2018, 12:16 PM
These are the two longest individual sentences I have ever received through the Spirit Box:

"Please don't bore us with getting us to do that task because we won't do it".

(After I repeatedly asked them to identify a shell I was holding).

"Just because you cannot find it, doesn't mean it's not there so keep looking."

(After I tried to find a record of a spirit based on information he gave to me).

Just so you know.

dowsingdoer
03-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Many thanks again Shivani Devi for you "neat trick" guidance - unfortunately your link refuses to play beyond 0.04/5.05 no idea why but when I downloaded the video with Clip Grab it plays just fine.

Well, as they say, it is easy with a little help! Following your instructions I can hear the whisper and "please - don't" and also your "question versus christian" referred to in an earlier post. With your help these are (fairly) clear. What I had not appreciated was that different parts of the same conversation could come in different voices/sounds That is a revelation to me! I must revisit some of the material I have previously listened to.

Thanks for your help - I do feel I have progressed!

Chris

Shivani Devi
03-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Many thanks again Shivani Devi for you "neat trick" guidance - unfortunately your link refuses to play beyond 0.04/5.05 no idea why but when I downloaded the video with Clip Grab it plays just fine.

Well, as they say, it is easy with a little help! Following your instructions I can hear the whisper and "please - don't" and also your "question versus christian" referred to in an earlier post. With your help these are (fairly) clear. What I had not appreciated was that different parts of the same conversation could come in different voices/sounds That is a revelation to me! I must revisit some of the material I have previously listened to.

Thanks for your help - I do feel I have progressed!

ChrisThat's awesome! I'm sorry that link didn't play originally for you, but you got it all anyway so that's cool.

Now you can see and understand this and I am pleased...and happy spirit-box listening based on it. Cheers.

dowsingdoer
05-03-2018, 10:42 AM
I am very well aware that as a novice I need to watch out for pitfalls and fake EVP on You Tube but applying my new found knowledge (thanks Shivani Devi), I have spent some hours listening to "spirit" recordings over the last couple of days, many I had previously heard. Strangely, my opinions are not much changed. I now find it fairly easy to tell the difference between words which are "bleed-through" from scanned stations and real positive "spirit words". I am pleased to be able to tell the difference with apparent ease but realise I am not perfect and mistakes will happen.

My previous uneducated views of many of these recordings have held true so I must have been getting some of it right in my ignorance.

Some recordings on YT. are very poor in my opinion but there are some I marvel at including everything I have heard by Shannon aka Mortis The Wizard. His stuff is clear and unambiguous to my ear, of better, clearer quality than nearly everything else and just generally brilliant. please don't anyone tell me he is a fake!

I do feel that thanks to the helpful advice from Shivani Devi, my world has opened up considerably.

Chris.

Shivani Devi
05-03-2018, 08:39 PM
I am very well aware that as a novice I need to watch out for pitfalls and fake EVP on You Tube but applying my new found knowledge (thanks Shivani Devi), I have spent some hours listening to "spirit" recordings over the last couple of days, many I had previously heard. Strangely, my opinions are not much changed. I now find it fairly easy to tell the difference between words which are "bleed-through" from scanned stations and real positive "spirit words". I am pleased to be able to tell the difference with apparent ease but realise I am not perfect and mistakes will happen.

My previous uneducated views of many of these recordings have held true so I must have been getting some of it right in my ignorance.

Some recordings on YT. are very poor in my opinion but there are some I marvel at including everything I have heard by Shannon aka Mortis The Wizard. His stuff is clear and unambiguous to my ear, of better, clearer quality than nearly everything else and just generally brilliant. please don't anyone tell me he is a fake!

I do feel that thanks to the helpful advice from Shivani Devi, my world has opened up considerably.

Chris.Shannon's sessions are probably the clearest on Youtube, and he also comes the closest to being able to translate what he hears, but Shannon still only hears half of it. One day, I actually translated one of his sessions myself and showed him what he was missing out on.

Shannon is into theatrics a lot, which is a big put-off for me...but that's 'his thing' and he's also hung up on contacting 'the Devil' or 'evil spirits' over listening to anything positive or anything 'else' which may come through.

Yes, most of the sessions on Youtube (including mine) are not clear and a bit scratchy...but people need to spend a lot on getting the best speakers, the best recording materials, the best editing software and just don't have the money.

I'm glad I was able to help you out here, but as you get more proficient and progress, you'll also come to the awareness that there is no 'radio bleed'..they take over the whole RF band and anything you aren't hearing them say, you're just not hearing it and attributing that to the radio.

Keep practicing with that knowledge I shared and if there's a single video you like, post it here, I'll give it a listen and see what I hear over what the spirit box operator does or you do.

That's the next step in this.

LillyBelle
05-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Shivani, may I ask which radio you used? I'm interested in these little boxes, but I don't feel like being scammed either. I did try a few apps on my phone, but I don't think they were accurate in the least.

dowsingdoer
05-03-2018, 10:53 PM
Many thanks Shivani Devi for your post commenting on my views - particularly about Mortis's recordings. I do I feel owe you an apology, I have not knowingly listened to any of your own recordings and it was certainly not my intention to compare any recordings you had made with Mortis, that would be totally unacceptable behaviour after all the assistance you given me. If you could post a link to any of your results i would love to listen to it.

I do understand about the cost of good quality equipment, I have been looking into buying my own EVP box and it certainly does not come cheap along with extra speakers and a digital recorder. I assume experts also use some signal processing/graphic equaliser equipment too to get a clearer sound.

I don't have enough posts etc to be able to post any links yet but thanks for the kind offer to listen and advise - one day maybe?

This whole subject is quite intriguing and more I hear, more hooked i get!

Chris.

Shivani Devi
05-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Many thanks Shivani Devi for your post commenting on my views - particularly about Mortis's recordings. I do I feel owe you an apology, I have not knowingly listened to any of your own recordings and it was certainly not my intention to compare any recordings you had made with Mortis, that would be totally unacceptable behaviour after all the assistance you given me. If you could post a link to any of your results i would love to listen to it.

I do understand about the cost of good quality equipment, I have been looking into buying my own EVP box and it certainly does not come cheap along with extra speakers and a digital recorder. I assume experts also use some signal processing/graphic equaliser equipment too to get a clearer sound.

I don't have enough posts etc to be able to post any links yet but thanks for the kind offer to listen and advise - one day maybe?

This whole subject is quite intriguing and more I hear, more hooked i get!

Chris.No problem, my friend. Apology is accepted, but also not needed. Shannon's recordings are FAR better than my own....hand's down!

Here is a thread I made a while ago with some of my own offerings, but I was only using the Spirit Box with bad speakers (or its own speaker) and my PC's webcam sound recording feature, with a LOT of background noise...so, a LOT of this is pretty much undiscernable...but this was when I was just starting out myself:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=101762

It does, however, show you how I recognise and identify all of the sounds I hear and translate them all into human speech (beyond the conditioned pareidolia).

I haven't done a Spirit Box session for two years...firstly because my spirit box broke a year ago (the speaker jack went and so did the internal touch-pad) and I haven't got around to getting another one...or deciding if I am going to get another spirit box, or go for an appydroid...or hack an old radio...or get an 'Andy's Box' from Chicago Spiritwave...decisions...decisions. lol

Shivani Devi
05-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Shivani, may I ask which radio you used? I'm interested in these little boxes, but I don't feel like being scammed either. I did try a few apps on my phone, but I don't think they were accurate in the least.I use(d) a box called a P-SB7 Spirit Box and they are really good...for starting out...and it's not a scam, not at all! It's the real deal.

When you get a bit more 'expert', there are ways to hack old radios to give better results...like a Radio Shack Hack, a Sangean Hack...oh that reminds me, here is Keith Weldon of Chillseekers with a very cheap radio 'spirit box':

It's an old Sony Walkman SRF-M37W you can pick up for like $10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0kh0S_J2PA

Phone apps are not accurate because they don't have any of the raw RF...and there's nothing much that spirits can manipulate in regards to a phone...sad but true.

LillyBelle
06-03-2018, 02:16 AM
Thank you,Shivani. I'll have to try it some time.

dowsingdoer
06-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Thanks Shivani Devi for the links to your recordings, I have listened to all of them but not right through I must admit as some are rather long. I noted your comments about quality but found most to have plenty of clear areas and I was able to get many of the words although it sometimes took two goes. But strangely it is so variable. Some simple words or names I failed with but where you placed a pair of spectacles in view I got most of the word "spectacles" instantly although it seemed to have taken longer for you.

I do find the pulsing scanning noise of the P-SB7 very distracting though.

I have been experimenting today with a Raudive germanium crystal detector circuit into my Sony digital recorder, it's promising but needs a gain stage to increase the volume. I think your suggestion to LillyBelle about using P-SB7 make more sense for me also, I have read the the Radio Shack hack and the Sangean too can't be carried out on the present models due to "improvements" ie ribbon cables instead of pins that can be bent out of the way. I don't know if this is true though.

Many thanks, Chris

Shivani Devi
07-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Thanks Shivani Devi for the links to your recordings, I have listened to all of them but not right through I must admit as some are rather long. I noted your comments about quality but found most to have plenty of clear areas and I was able to get many of the words although it sometimes took two goes. But strangely it is so variable. Some simple words or names I failed with but where you placed a pair of spectacles in view I got most of the word "spectacles" instantly although it seemed to have taken longer for you.

I do find the pulsing scanning noise of the P-SB7 very distracting though.

I have been experimenting today with a Raudive germanium crystal detector circuit into my Sony digital recorder, it's promising but needs a gain stage to increase the volume. I think your suggestion to LillyBelle about using P-SB7 make more sense for me also, I have read the the Radio Shack hack and the Sangean too can't be carried out on the present models due to "improvements" ie ribbon cables instead of pins that can be bent out of the way. I don't know if this is true though.

Many thanks, ChrisIt's awesome that you're trying out the Raudive Germanium detector circuit on your digital recorder. <3

I've watched some guys on Youtube do that as well...but the results were pretty weird...it reminded me of the early Scole experiments.

Here is some information about the Scole Experiment:
https://www.thescoleexperiment.com/trans-dimensional-communication-experiments.html

Here is a video of a guy on youtube trying to repeat it (and failing). lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ml2Mg4Tg2w

Then, Appydroid has recently put out a 4 germanium Diode X 2 transceiver in tandem array:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumUOw7UWUw - AWESOME!

I remember getting into all this stuff about 2 years ago...after studying the collected works of Konstantin Raudive.

...and all of this led me to the Incredible All-band receiver:

Now, to scan with an all-band receiver using a 4 germanium array and a hexagonal aerial ....they tried a star-shaped aerial array with the Scole experiment and made everybody puke. LOL

Had I the time, money, soldering capabilities and no arthritis or nervous ticks, I'd build my own spirit boxes.

If you have the time, check out EJ Gold's Beta Blocker Spirit Radio, Andy's Box and even Nikola Tesla's Tesla Coil Spirit Radio...fun stuff.

Also yeah, the current radio models aren't hackable...

Here's the updated hackable radio list:
http://itcvoices.org/updated-hackable-radio-list/

...but I've overloaded you with enough tech for one day....this used to be a huge passion of mine.

Shivani Devi
07-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Oh and the reason why it took me a while to hear "spectacles' was because I was listening for "glasses'. LOL

Shivani Devi
07-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Yeah, then there's also Greg Manchester's experiments which Casey Coverdale does quite nicely....with updates of Greg's "White Box" with the "Orange Box":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLQonx2Wgxk

....after a couple of years of all this though I decided to move on from ghost-box listening to...

Structured Light Sensing using the Microsoft Kinect Cam with motion capturing software from Digital Dowsing...

So, want your mind to be totally blown now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4iI9QUVxSc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ14gWepPO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plzGpzSw0NY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga4uKRHqGoM

Anyway, I'm done indulging in it for today...

dowsingdoer
07-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Thank you Shivana Devi for your "deluge" of info - it will take me some time to work through it all but the Scole experiment was intriguing and as was the "wide band" Techlib project, there are some imaginative people out there!

I see that the potentially updatable list of hackable radios is four years old and I suspect that time and production engineers have changed the situation somewhat but that is just my guess.

I think I will order a P-SB7 with extra speaker for now and play around with Raudive type circuits as time permits. Being long past retirement, my brain is well past its "best before" date so don't expect miracles!

I will work my way through your list of links over the next week or so - thanks so much for all the efforts you have put in on my behalf, it is very kind of you and much appreciated.

Chris.

dowsingdoer
18-03-2018, 03:49 PM
I received my P-SB7 Spirit box a few days ago (not so easy to source here in the UK) and am slowly getting to grips with it. It is a neat compact little gadget and has a plug-in external speaker which makes a real difference to the sound volume.

I must say straight away that so far I have heard nothing that I could claim to be authentic Spirit communication but it is early days and the time to record sessions at 20 minutes long then listen to them critically uses up the day rapidly! I have only used the box at home so far but when the weather improves I have a few interesting sites I plan to visit.

I do find the sweep sound, particularly on FM 100ms or 150ms, my usual choices, to be really off-putting - AM is much more listenable but allows too much radio breakthrough even on the fastest sweep speed. I have tried reducing the treble using Audacity audio editor and that does help somewhat but it still irritates me. Has anybody got any better ideas please?

All in all an interesting device to play with and It has increased considerably my respect for some of the You Tube recordings that are out there!

Chris.

Shivani Devi
19-03-2018, 05:15 AM
I received my P-SB7 Spirit box a few days ago (not so easy to source here in the UK) and am slowly getting to grips with it. It is a neat compact little gadget and has a plug-in external speaker which makes a real difference to the sound volume.

I must say straight away that so far I have heard nothing that I could claim to be authentic Spirit communication but it is early days and the time to record sessions at 20 minutes long then listen to them critically uses up the day rapidly! I have only used the box at home so far but when the weather improves I have a few interesting sites I plan to visit.

I do find the sweep sound, particularly on FM 100ms or 150ms, my usual choices, to be really off-putting - AM is much more listenable but allows too much radio breakthrough even on the fastest sweep speed. I have tried reducing the treble using Audacity audio editor and that does help somewhat but it still irritates me. Has anybody got any better ideas please?

All in all an interesting device to play with and It has increased considerably my respect for some of the You Tube recordings that are out there!

Chris.Hi Chris.

My preferred setting is 200ms reverse on the FM band and it takes a while before you can hear anything as your ears have to get accustomed to it...and yes, recording helps because most of what you receive will only be heard on playback. I have found it quite weird that when I listen with my ears, I may hear parts of recognisable advertisments and such that I would term 'radio bleed' but when I play back that segment, the radio bleed that I had previously heard with my ears has totally vanished!

Anyway, keep going with it and yes, it takes practice and keep us informed how you are going with both this and your Raudive germanium diode.

Dianne.

dowsingdoer
19-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Many thanks Shivani Devi for your usual informative reply - I will try 200ms rev. sweep on FM. If you feel it is right it must be worth a go. My "logical brain" (the bane of my Spiritual activities) tells me that the shorter the station "dwell" time the less bleed-through there should be but -----?

Your statement that " I have found it quite weird that when I listen with my ears, I may hear parts of recognisable advertisments and such that I would term 'radio bleed' but when I play back that segment, the radio bleed that I had previously heard with my ears has totally vanished!" seems to be counter-intuitive to me, as you say weird!

I'm a bit stuck with my Raudive tests, I need more gain stages to bring any signal levels up but don't have the necessary facilities at the moment. Needs more time to think.

Thank you once again for your suggestions.

Chris

jerseyguy77
23-03-2018, 10:19 PM
6. "It is dangerous".

If one didn't think there was actually something 'to it' then it wouldn't be 'dangerous'. It is only as dangerous as you let it be. You can surround yourself with Light, cast protection spells, call on guides or whatever...or simply believe that nothing can harm you because you're not afraid and you won't 'let it'. Our own fears and superstitions are what causes the 'danger' so as long as one is aware of that.

I'm going to have to disagree with this statement here.....but I suppose it all depends what you define as danger.....what can happen from doing this stuff is that you develop clairaudience ......these spirits (or whatever) you communicate with through spirit boxes and voice recorders....sometimes....they can eventually start communicating with you all the time. Yeap....happened to me three years ago...I was doing EVP recordings for just 2 months....I was hearing a lot of voices on the recordings then...but there was always this younger female sounding voice that stood out....so after the 2 months of recording....I started hearing her voice outside the sessions...and 3 years later....she's still here...I still hear her everyday....and her voice hasn't changed a bit. Now back when I was recording....I wasn't thinking of any dangers....it all went down so fast...and then next thing I knew one day....I just ended up hearing them with just my ears. Now, some people might not mind this....but really....it sucks because you can't shut them up a lot of the time....and they don't give a darn about your privacy...and imaging white light and calling on guides does nothing.....I mean beliefs are fine and all....but beliefs don't always transfer over into reality....this is generally dealing with something unknown...I've experienced enough to know it's real....but we don't know who are what these voices are from....and we don't know what their abilities are all of the time across the board....we don't really know what all of the dangers are...but they exist ......and taking up this kind of pursuit is a big decision

dowsingdoer
25-03-2018, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties jerseyguy77 it must be very unwelcome hearing spirits when you want peace and quiet. I have always believed that if you invoked strong protection before contact and "closed off" when finished, there should be no problems. It seems this is not so in your case. not sure I would call it "danger" though but I don't have clairaudience so I can't really judge.

Please can you say where you used your Spirit box - ie at home or on haunted sites where activity was stronger?

Thanks, Chris

jerseyguy77
26-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Hi Chris,

I was mostly doing sessions at home, especially when I really started making contact, but I did a few sessions at my work when no one was around....I even did a session while driving once...I got the same voices....so I think I was being followed at that point.

I think where I really messed up is that I was doing sessions too often. Once I started hearing a lot on my recordings...I was doing sessions almost every night for two months....I really attuned my ears to hear these spirit voices quickly and some malevolent spirits or such took full advantage of that

at the very least....yeah.....I think moderation could go a long way.

it can get bad......it could drive a person insane literally.

I mean...I deal with it....but it was real bad for a long time.

here's another account from a person I met a year after I got hit with it that describes this kind of clairaudience overload quite well

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/616ryg/dont_mess_with_evp/

the thing is though....you can't tell by how these voices act or sound which ones might be up to something...I mean I heard some voices on the recordings that seemed completely benevolent.....so if one were set on pursuing this, I'd say moderation.....don't do sessions that often.....it could potentially save one a lot of grief.

I'm not sure about closing off a session....aside from these voices....I also feel them on me a times...or cause physical sensations......they especially like to jab me when I'm trying to sleep....so at least some of these spirits are essentially here...this is something I didn't fully grasp at the time I was doing EVP....I suppose I thought I was here and the spirits were some place else...when the session was over....contact was broken off......this is true perhaps some of the time....but some are literally here .....and once you end a session, they could very well be hanging around in your home all the time.....this is why I started doing sessions at my work and such....to see if I was being followed........I've also since moved since 2015 (when it started) and they followed me to my new home.

dowsingdoer
28-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Thank you jerseyguy77 for your very interesting reply.

The reason I asked about where your sessions were held was that there is a lovely ruined Norman church not too far from me and every time I visit my head "buzzes" with the spiritual activity, I was thinking of trying my Spirit Box there. A couple of years back when part of a Mediumship development circle, I was told by the leader that he would not want his developing mediums to go there as he knew black magic was practised there. Rather rashly, I had been thinking of trying my luck there - suitably protected and grounded.

Having heard your story and followed your Reddit link, that might not be such a good idea so thanks for that.
I do notice however that neither you nor the Reddit poster mention anywhere about being grounded or properly protected or closing off after the experiments and that I find very risky and worrying. I do get the impression that the Reddit poster might be someone who is of a too sensitive disposition to be doing this kind of thing, I'm no expert so I hope I am wrong.

One thing that we don't know is would you and the other person have developed clairaudience anyway if they had not gone down the chosen path or was the EVP experiment totally responsible for causing the problem.

If you really do find the spirit voices too much perhaps you could post in the Mediumship section asking for advice or help which i am sure would be willingly given.

Chris.

jerseyguy77
28-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Hi Chris,

it gets pretty complicated when it comes to triggers for hearing voices and the cause.

I had never heard a voice before in my life prior to that 2 month time when I was recording for EVP....same for many of the others I know.....most of us started hearing them with just our ears pretty fast....within just a matter of weeks or months...but I met one person who was doing EVP for years and then it happened to them to...so it seems like there are common patterns here....but exceptions seem to occur as well.

I don't know what makes a person more vulnerable really....for a while I thought maybe it was drugs or such that I did when I was younger...but then I've met a guy who started hearing the voices after using a pendulm and another who used a spirit box who were sober their whole lives....I've always felt in my case it was at least in part that I was doing EVP sessions so often with that same group of spirits/entities..and I attuned my hearing to them very quickly. That and that I didn't recognize what they were up to until it was too late.

I think any type of grounding or protection is still a big if....I mean if we don't know who are what all of these spirit entities are...how would we know if we're protected from them.?..and across the board?...perhaps some are older and have more abilities than others.....I mean we can pick up their voices on EVP....but we don't know who or what they are with any degree of certainty

but back to the original post from the OP and the question is there a danger factor?.....my two cents on that question is that it would seem that there are elements with less than benevolent intentions out there that like to hijack / infiltrate a persons perceptions.....it's not something many might want to talk about....but there's still a trail of accounts of similar circumstances out there.....here's a few more... ( I have many more)

http://www.truthspoonforum.com/t279-terrifying-stories-of-dabbling-with-spirit-contact

https://www.goodnightjournal.com/2016/06/20/paranoia-4/

Its something that should be considered when taking up this pursuit I feel.

Take Care

dowsingdoer
29-03-2018, 02:51 PM
"it gets pretty complicated when it comes to triggers for hearing voices and the cause."

I must admit that I am learning a great deal about this strange phenomenon from your posts and links jerseyguy77 and it makes sad reading.
Most of what I already knew comes from the books of Michael Bentine - one of the founder members of the famous Goon Show in the UK along with Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan et.al. As well as being a comedian he was a top class clairvoyant, medium and dowser and he wrote much about hearing voices and demonic possession and Rescue Circles in his many excellent books. "The Door Marked Summer" is my own favourite. Very scary stuff some of it and a serious warning!

The problem as I see it is that thousands of people do spiritual stuff such as Ouija boards, EVP and Spirit Boxes, Tarot and dowsing etc with no noted problems or ill effects and have done for years. Just a small proportion, an unknown number as yet, seem to suffer consequences from mild to severe and although most can it seems handle these, "fragile" individuals may come to grief sadly. this is just my naive attempt to rationalise the situation.

You appear to attribute some of your difficulties to being too regular with your EVP sessions and if that is the true reason perhaps we would all be well advised to limit our exposure to only irregular use until we are sure we have the situation under control - just a suggestion.

In the mean time, it can't do any harm to be fully grounded and protected and to be very suspicious of the motives and identity of any voices our Spirit Boxes relay. Thank you for your warnings, they could save someone (me?) real grief.

Chris.

jerseyguy77
29-03-2018, 08:10 PM
just my personal opinion....I think there is more to at least some percentage of hearing voices cases than mental illness....I don't know what the percentage might be....but I've seen enough cases and accounts that resemble these others I've seen that started from spirit communication.

This is something that I hope is looked into further someday.....as I think there's a connection there.

Sometimes to, you'll find cases where people start hearing voices after drug use....but the voices remain even after the person quits drugs. Does it in some way shatter our blinders or make us more open to other dimensions or planes?

there has been some examination to this.....of course it'll be controversial....but I think there's something to it at least in some cases.

a Doctor named Van Dusen wrote a paper many years back suggesting perhaps a link to something spiritual (see below) in many hearing voices cases

http://www.searchwithin.org/download/presence_spirits.pdf

These days...there's a retired doctor named Jerry Marzinsky who before he retired, worked with schizophrenia patients for years and came to the conclusion that in some of these cases...it very much seems like the voices are coming from an external source. He has a page on Facebook called The Presence of Other Worlds in Schizophrenia

He believes the voices may be some type of parasitic spiritual entity that feeds off of negative emotional energy

here's an interview with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhF4UhEeF8

I think he's on to something....at least in some of these cases.

Take Care,
Brian

dowsingdoer
30-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Thanks jerseyguy77 for your reply and links within.

Although I think we may be getting a little off-topic I believe much of this stuff could be relevant to some Spirit box users.

Your Swedenborg paper link to William Van Dusen makes fascinating reading and since he was writing from his own hands on knowledge of clairaudience sufferers, does seem worth the effort.

There is an established link between the susceptibility to hearing voices and early cannabis use, in schizophrenics and bipolar disorder sufferers:-
https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsanddisorders/cannabis.aspx and according to an article on the mind.org website (a UK mental health support group) hearing voices is a problem in between 5 and 28% of the population. There is the story of a sufferer named Katie on the site.

A question I have asked myself repeatedly since starting Spirit Box use is "who are these people, who are we listening to?" It seems from the Van Dusen paper that there are two types, the low type and a high type for want of a better designation but as the low type can lie about themselves, caveat emptor would seem to be the best approach!

As usual, lots to learn!

Chris