PDA

View Full Version : So Much Greater Than Me

thebeautifulsacred
28-12-2016, 11:03 PM
How would you describe your relationship with Life Itself?

FallingLeaves
28-12-2016, 11:52 PM
How would you describe your relationship to Life Itself?

it is a love-hate thing

firstandlast
29-12-2016, 01:42 AM
Ha!

too weird to convey in any sense of totality--
Actually if I was able to say it all everything would cancel it out and you would be left just as clueless about my relationship as you were before I described it--

Shivani Devi
29-12-2016, 01:46 AM
How would you describe your relationship with Life Itself?I'll go with John Lennon and say it's what happens to me while I am busy making other plans.

naturesflow
29-12-2016, 01:55 AM

More in harmony than not, but that is only with the circumstances of my world right now. Because I have the basics of life in harmony..myself. family, food, friends and a roof over my head. In saying that, what I build and make of life both inside and outside of me, is what puts the greater value of life for me. I share of what I am and have where I can.

jorddy
29-12-2016, 02:01 AM
A continuous echo of who I am with frequencies that reach down into the rawest points of who I am to frequencies that speak of my most superficial attributes.

SerpentSun
29-12-2016, 02:04 AM
Life is a strange thing.

ocean breeze
29-12-2016, 08:00 AM

I usually become so indulged that i am unaware of any separation for me to consider it a relationship.

naturesflow
29-12-2016, 08:17 AM
I usually become so indulged that i am unaware of any separation for me to consider it a relationship.

You know what they say about being tooooo indulged in any thing. so in your case Ife needs some balance, so give life a break..hahaha

Ciona
29-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Edited out

ocean breeze
29-12-2016, 08:22 AM
You know what they say about being tooooo indulged in any thing. so in your case Ife needs some balance, so give life a break..hahaha

lol. ok i'll give life a break and indulge in death instead. You know to balance things out a bit. :icon_razz:

naturesflow
29-12-2016, 08:26 AM
lol. ok i'll give life a break and indulge in death instead. You know to balance things out a bit. :icon_razz:

lol..Oh you could do the whole dress up thingy to match, really get into gear with that one. Black attire, black makeup, black, black and more black..Black on black? Look the whole deathly part..:D

ocean breeze
29-12-2016, 08:31 AM
lol..Oh you could do the whole dress up thingy to match, really get into gear with that one. Black attire, black makeup, black, black and more black..Black on black? Look the whole deathly part..:D

lol. Oh, i have pictures similar to that. Except i don't wear make up. :tongue:
In one i look like a sexy version of the grim reaper. lol

naturesflow
29-12-2016, 08:40 AM
lol. Oh, i have pictures similar to that. Except i don't wear make up. :tongue:
In one i look like a sexy version of the grim reaper. lol\

I could see you as that..lol

thebeautifulsacred
31-12-2016, 02:08 AM
it is a love-hate thing
Haha. I hear ya.

thebeautifulsacred
31-12-2016, 02:09 AM
Ha!

too weird to convey in any sense of totality--
Actually if I was able to say it all everything would cancel it out and you would be left just as clueless about my relationship as you were before I described it--
...What about with pictures? :p

thebeautifulsacred
31-12-2016, 02:13 AM
I'll go with John Lennon and say it's what happens to me while I am busy making other plans.
Yeah, Life's funny that way. :tongue: It surprises you.

thebeautifulsacred
31-12-2016, 08:16 PM
More in harmony than not, but that is only with the circumstances of my world right now. Because I have the basics of life in harmony..myself. family, food, friends and a roof over my head. In saying that, what I build and make of life both inside and outside of me, is what puts the greater value of life for me. I share of what I am and have where I can.
That's beautiful. :)

thebeautifulsacred
31-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Life is a strange thing.
Amen to that!

thebeautifulsacred
01-01-2017, 08:42 PM
...What do you mean? o.O

naturesflow
01-01-2017, 08:57 PM
...What do you mean? o.O

He might mean, he swings from trees in jungles all over the world and often believes himself to be tarzan. He gets so immersed in his travels, he becomes one with the jungle, tarzan and anything else moving in his travel space.

I wonder if he makes noises like him..lol

ocean breeze
01-01-2017, 09:29 PM
He might mean, he swings from trees in jungles all over the world and often believes himself to be tarzan. He gets so immersed in his travels, he becomes one with the jungle, tarzan and anything else moving in his travel space.

I wonder if he makes noises like him..lol

lol yes, that's basically it. :laugh:

I'm just living my life. I don't really stop to think of it as a relationship or anything like that. I'm too busy swinging from tree to tree.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/2/1489/25879909871_f4e6230c36_b.jpg

naturesflow
01-01-2017, 09:37 PM
I know I can be wrong but this time I was right on the tarzan grip stuff..haha

Look at you, flying high not a care in the world.

Your a travelling inspiration for moi.

Hemera
02-01-2017, 12:34 PM
it is a love-hate thing

^^

This :D

A human Being
02-01-2017, 01:15 PM
This might sound like pedantry or spiritual one-upmanship, but I think it's a crucial point: for me, it's misleading to speak in such terms, to talk about one's relationship to life, because we aren't separate from life, we are life. To talk about one's relationship to life is to strengthen the illusion of ego, I feel.

Clover
02-01-2017, 11:10 PM
The desire to achieve and sustain balance is my every day adage. It's a simple one liner, but a lot of inner work comes with that.

Not sure how to answer the question though, haha however, The word Growth and growing come to mind with seeing the subject title alone. It's nice to contemplate it, thebeautifulsacred..

Ocean, Look at your swinging like its nobody's business :biggrin: I like your adventurous from your pictures, your living life well. Enjoy it. :) I wish this for my son too when he comes of age.

Baile
02-01-2017, 11:27 PM
How would you describe your relationship with Life Itself?Beautiful, magical, miraculous life. Every morning, these are the words my heart and soul speaks. It is a privilege to be alive, and I sincerely try to never dishonor or take for granted this incarnation gift.

And I relax and enjoy.

Clover
03-01-2017, 01:14 PM
This might sound like pedantry or spiritual one-upmanship, but I think it's a crucial point: for me, it's misleading to speak in such terms, to talk about one's relationship to life, because we aren't separate from life, we are life.

Not the easiest concept to grasp or swallow, but I totally get what your saying. Over the past week I was waking up on Ocean beach watching the sun rise, I couldn't feel more attuned to Life and the feeling of Oneness in those moments, I am reminded of the quote by Rumi, “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”

Beautiful, magical, miraculous life. Every morning, these are the words my heart and soul speaks. It is a privilege to be alive, and I sincerely try to never dishonor or take for granted this incarnation gift.

And I relax and enjoy.

These are very beautiful words, Baile. I am very much a morning person, and similar sentiments echo in my soul, however, I won't lie, a cup of coffee does enhance the experience,Lol.:redface:

Baile
03-01-2017, 01:44 PM
These are very beautiful words, Baile. I am very much a morning person, and similar sentiments echo in my soul, however, I won't lie, a cup of coffee does enhance the experience,Lol.:redface:hehe thanks. I had an epiphany one day, decades ago. I understood that incarnation is a gift. The physical reality we experience in this moment - our family, the people in our lives, the situations we find ourselves in - will all be dust one day. It will be gone, never to be experienced in that specific form again. That makes each lifetime a unique and precious experience.

It was from that epiphany that I vowed to wake each morning in joy and gratitude for life. And that commitment has never left me, even during difficult times. Because I now see difficult times, and the life-lessons learned, as just as miraculous in their own way. Yes they are more difficult and painful, and yes that can make it harder to appreciate life during those times.

But there is a great and miraculous something that inspires the soul to rise above all of it, over and over again. That is what I have experienced for myself. It is eternal, and it is our spiritual birthright. It cannot be diminished or undone, because it is already accomplished for all of humankind. We are already the fully-formed and awakened soul-spirit beings that we, in our daily striving, are wishing and hoping to become in the future. It's like betting on a horse race that's already been run, and it doesn't matter which horse you choose because they all win.

jorddy
03-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by A human Being
This might sound like pedantry or spiritual one-upmanship, but I think it's a crucial point: for me, it's misleading to speak in such terms, to talk about one's relationship to life, because we aren't separate from life, we are life.

I actually feel that speaking about our relationship with life is precisely important because I believe that in order to master life one must master their relationship with it at all moments that they are immersed in it :)

Greenslade
04-01-2017, 01:13 AM
How would you describe your relationship with Life Itself?Monty Python doing the Dead Parrot sketch in a Salvador Dali painting. And chips (French fries) with everything, don't forget the chips.