PDA

View Full Version : personal awakening

hallow
06-12-2016, 08:20 AM
I hear an read when people are awaken, my impression is that all of a sudden something happens and the light goes on, like oooooh i just had a really good idea. How often do people ease into the idea, the diffent way of thinking without having something major happen to turn that light on? Like 1 tiny little thing catch there intrest and it expands a little day by day. One baby step at a time.:rolleyes:

shoni7510
06-12-2016, 09:09 AM
It is hard to tell because it is different for everyone but for most people it is preceeded by a major event and everything opens up. In my case it started slowly over a few years and then boom! all lghts went on and is subsiding now.

Lorelyen
06-12-2016, 09:49 AM
I hear an read when people are awaken, my impression is that all of a sudden something happens and the light goes on, like oooooh i just had a really good idea. How often do people ease into the idea, the diffent way of thinking without having something major happen to turn that light on? Like 1 tiny little thing catch there intrest and it expands a little day by day. One baby step at a time.:rolleyes:
It doesn't always work like that. My time here has involved several major events that sharply broadened my awareness / expanding my consciousness but mostly "awakening" crept in insidiously. Perhaps the resultant increased awareness facilitated it. I suppose the gnosis (of being Gnostic) suddenly struck but without a whole lot leading up to that I suspect it might not have happened. Always possible, I suppose, that someone could be sitting at home with no particular interest in spiritual matters, then suddenly a light bursts forth in their head.

I look back on always being awakened, only recently thinking of it like that, searching back into my past - pre-pubescence; then my fostering; then first sex, then psychedelic experiences then trips with my dad to certain Caribbean countries; then mid-teens meeting someone who finally helped formalise my explorations... they seem to have been initiations that each conferred "more" awakening.

If you're asking these questions, you are already waking up. :smile:

hallow
06-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Mine is a slow process just in the last couple of years my mind opened enough to believe. But then i noticed "real" things happening. At first they seemed really weird but i learned to exept the "unexplainable". I keep a positive mind and learn as i go. But i just always hear how people are awaken. I just thought i was weird that it didn't hit me over the head like it sounded like it happened to others.

Lorelyen
06-12-2016, 11:33 AM
^^^ Not at all. Sounds fine. Nothing weird. . .I understand about accepting the unexplainable. Things happen - sometimes we notice them and they strike us as weird but I give up trying to explain or getting worried as nothing yet seems to be harmful...which isn't to say I've never had nightmares or faced awkward situations at random.

Sounds like you're on the right track - self-discovery, self-exploration.

:smile:

Tanya
06-12-2016, 01:26 PM
my awakening was over 12 years ago, It was NOT pleasant at all. Scariest night of my life.
But at that time, my life sucked, and I was on my 4th attempt to try and leave this world, and this time I would of succeeded.

Without going into full detail of what happened.
I had a phobia of the dark, would always sleep with the lights on.
The night before my awakening, all the lights went out. I was in total fear.
A lot happened during that time, but I woke up a completely different person. The sun was shining through the window.

the awakening itself, was not a *light bulb* moment, but a feeling deep inside of me. A war of the worlds kind of feeling. Absolute terror and fear from deep inside, and then a peaceful calmness that all of a sudden surfaced.
I was never the same person again, and I was able to sleep with all lights turned off after that.

hallow
06-12-2016, 02:06 PM
I guess awakings happen different for everyone. I am glad you got over your phobia tayna. Is that fear totally gone or is it just easier to cope with? I have a phobia of torandos. Thank you everyone for your guidance. By asking other it just helps me to understand what's going on.:rolleyes:

Tanya
06-12-2016, 02:36 PM
I guess awakings happen different for everyone. I am glad you got over your phobia tayna. Is that fear totally gone or is it just easier to cope with? I have a phobia of torandos. Thank you everyone for your guidance. By asking other it just helps me to understand what's going on.:rolleyes:

thank you :)

I have no fears at all anymore. A lot happened during that night. My gifts were all wide open and the next morning, my computer turned itself on. A page came up with a persons name, and she became my teacher. I was fast tracked to learn how to use and control my gifts, gained lots of strength and courage, and walked away from the life I once had, with only the clothes on my back, 2 dogs and 2 birds. Never looked back.

learning about yourself, can be the hardest thing to do, and also the most rewarding. We really don't know who we are, until we face ourselves.

Not everything is beautiful, it can be really frightening for some.

Most importantly, for those who go through awakenings, just know your not alone.
There is a lot of people in this forums, who can relate and understand. And can help share knowledge so its not as frightening as it was for some of us.

lemex
06-12-2016, 02:44 PM
How often do people ease into the idea, the different way of thinking without having something major happen to turn that light on?

Exactly, one step at a time, time is so important. Think of it in terms of change and you'll see your thought talking to you. :smile:

lemex
06-12-2016, 02:52 PM
I guess awakings happen different for everyone.

Why say this, not really. Think of it terms more in time then different ways or both.

EndoftheRoad
06-12-2016, 05:13 PM
It doesn't always work like that. My time here has involved several major events that sharply broadened my awareness / expanding my consciousness but mostly "awakening" crept in insidiously. Perhaps the resultant increased awareness facilitated it. I suppose the gnosis (of being Gnostic) suddenly struck but without a whole lot leading up to that I suspect it might not have happened. Always possible, I suppose, that someone could be sitting at home with no particular interest in spiritual matters, then suddenly a light bursts forth in their head.

I look back on always being awakened, only recently thinking of it like that, searching back into my past - pre-pubescence; then my fostering; then first sex, then psychedelic experiences then trips with my dad to certain Caribbean countries; then mid-teens meeting someone who finally helped formalise my explorations... they seem to have been initiations that each conferred "more" awakening.

If you're asking these questions, you are already waking up. :smile:

I've realized the same, that I've had a series of initiations or events that preceded the big one. Looking back, it's a pattern or script to a degree. Those events needed to occur and stand out in my memory for me to further understand the events over the past six months. It's as if I've met the same character over and over with different physical form.

FallingLeaves
06-12-2016, 11:01 PM

I was like that. I saw an idea that seemed sensible and then I kinda liked it for a while, hated it for a while, was indifferent for a while, wash rinse repeat, but as I did all that I was interested enough to learn little bits and pieces about it. As time went on i was like 'well I thought that idea might be good but I had no clue what it MEANT when I started out'.

hallow
07-12-2016, 06:58 AM
I was like that. I saw an idea that seemed sensible and then I kinda liked it for a while, hated it for a while, was indifferent for a while, wash rinse repeat, but as I did all that I was interested enough to learn little bits and pieces about it. As time went on i was like 'well I thought that idea might be good but I had no clue what it MEANT when I started out'.
HAHAHA! that's exactly it! I've read and believe that your guides and higher powers will not hand what you cannot handle. True at times its not all roses but sometimes we need kick in the pants to get us on our path.:cool: