PDA

View Full Version : Modern Ghosts

nightowl
10-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Hey has anyone heard any new ghost hauntings that deal with recent events? Just curious. It seems that most of the stories that are out there have been around for awhile now, some new ones would be refreshing for me.:happy7:

nightowl

nightowl
11-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Wow, I thought there would be some responses :confused: I wonder why we don't hear more about ghost of the recently departed?

Silver
11-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Maybe because people exercise more skepticism these days? I know, it would be cool to hear some tales.

iolite
11-02-2011, 01:41 AM
How recent, is recent? Several years ago, my family was coming back from a "festival of lights" show very near the Manassas Va Civil War Battlefield park. It was about 9pm and I was really, really tired and kinda dozing. We'd come out of the park and on the road that passes the park and I looked up and in the dark, no street lights, just our headlights, I saw a soldier walk across the road up a head of us. It startled me, because I wasn't thinking of the battle field. From what I understand, the battlefield is quite haunted. It was kind of cool seeing it. I don't think it was a ghost per se, but rather an energy memory, because it didn't look our way at all.

nightowl
11-02-2011, 02:05 AM
How recent, is recent? Several years ago, my family was coming back from a "festival of lights" show very near the Manassas Va Civil War Battlefield park. It was about 9pm and I was really, really tired and kinda dozing. We'd come out of the park and on the road that passes the park and I looked up and in the dark, no street lights, just our headlights, I saw a soldier walk across the road up a head of us. It startled me, because I wasn't thinking of the battle field. From what I understand, the battlefield is quite haunted. It was kind of cool seeing it. I don't think it was a ghost per se, but rather an energy memory, because it didn't look our way at all.

iolite,
That's a cool story but the ghost or energy is from a historical battle. I was wondering if anyone has experienced I ghost or energy from say like, last week, or last year, that recent. Is there a certain amount of time that must pass before a ghost can appear? Just seems odd that most the sightings are tied to older history. Sorry everyone if I wasn't clear about what I was asking.:redface:

love your signature by the way....go chocolate!

Mothwing
15-02-2011, 09:30 AM

Wow, fascinating! :D

I believe I have encountered spirits/entities before, but not necessarily ghosts (or specifically the remnants of departed persons). I sort of want to see one and then again I sort of don't! LOL!

Mothwing
15-02-2011, 09:37 AM
iolite,
That's a cool story but the ghost or energy is from a historical battle. I was wondering if anyone has experienced I ghost or energy from say like, last week, or last year, that recent. Is there a certain amount of time that must pass before a ghost can appear? Just seems odd that most the sightings are tied to older history. Sorry everyone if I wasn't clear about what I was asking.

Hmm. My mother swears that her mother (my grandmother) came to her a few nights after she died. That was many years ago, but I think you're talking about "recent" as in the time between the death and the sighting of the departed.

I don't know that there is a "timeline" of sorts, but it does seem to be the common theme that people who have seen departed loved ones usually see them within a few weeks of the death. Though I swore I read a thread recently in which someone experienced the presence of her passed mother years after her death. So who knows?

Medium_Laura
15-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Wow, I thought there would be some responses :confused: I wonder why we don't hear more about ghost of the recently departed?

I hope the reason is because humans aren't getting "stuck" in negative emotions or issues that keep them here. They are learning to "let go" of the baggage and therefore, are not ghosts, but spirits instead :)

Medium_Laura
15-02-2011, 11:56 AM

I live in Richmond VA :D I see "things" walking around in the woods all the time here. LOL Yes it is the energy because there is a ton of quartz in Virginia. :D

I see little girls, indians, soldiers, dogs! lol :D

jazz
15-02-2011, 04:38 PM
medium laura would love to more of ur experiances in detail ,,plz tell x

Spiritlite
15-02-2011, 05:35 PM
no I've not heard of recent ghost events. Where I work in a long term care facility I see a lot of things and I know those are old ghosts or just energy imprints. Yesterday while reading and feeling sad I could smell my grandmother's perfume all of yesterday and she died before I was born
Spiritlite.

Medium_Laura
15-02-2011, 07:54 PM
medium laura would love to more of ur experiances in detail ,,plz tell x

Well I'll tell you that being a medium can be fun and annoying. LOL

I was sound asleep, everyone had gone to work/school. Hello....rang out in my house. So I answered, "yes?"

A girl in a long dress stood in my room (not with my eyes, in my mind). Still partly asleep I lay back down and automatically asked.. Can I help you? what is your name? etc.

I got Annabelle, 1736 born in a farm to the west.

Why are you here? I like to walk the "orchards". I wish I could remember all of it, but she had said she died just shy of 16 from Yellow fever.

I looked up the history of where I live and at the end of the road used to be an old apple orchard and a farm house stood where our elementary school is now. I am still searching for Annabelle, since I didn't get her last name :(

Maybe next time! :)

nightowl
15-02-2011, 10:27 PM
no I've not heard of recent ghost events. Where I work in a long term care facility I see a lot of things and I know those are old ghosts or just energy imprints. Yesterday while reading and feeling sad I could smell my grandmother's perfume all of yesterday and she died before I was born
Spiritlite.

I have heard other people describe this same type of thing happen to them. Interesting huh? Here is something a little different to throw in the mix of experiences.
There was an old house in our neighborhood that was abandoned and we as kids would go and play around and even inside of it at times. Nothing really happened then. There was a fire that occurred there and most of the buliding was left standing, so one day we decided to go and hang out there. As my sister and I walked up the dirt road we were talking and looking at the house as we walked. We both noticed the same thing during our conversation, as we began our walk the shades in the house were all up the closer we got to the house the shades had all been pulled down. It happend as if in one glance, they were up, then they were down.:dontknow: Well needless to say we changed our minds that day about hanging out there.:smile:

Neville
16-02-2011, 06:05 PM
I thought this thread would be about modern haunting methods, it seems only natural that as human evolution advances with the addition of technologocal advamces that spirit too should evolve,

The haunted Blackberry, Or a Ghost on the internet etc.Using the internet for paranormal experiments or spirit communication, E Mails from a Dead Person, I have a vivid imagination .

Interesting concept , I thought . :smile:

nightowl
16-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I thought this thread would be about modern haunting methods, it seems only natural that as human evolution advances with the addition of technologocal advamces that spirit too should evolve,

The haunted Blackberry, Or a Ghost on the internet etc.Using the internet for paranormal experiments or spirit communication, E Mails from a Dead Person, I have a vivid imagination .

Interesting concept , I thought . :smile:

:laughing11: Neville...I would love to hear some of that stuff! :D

nightowl

tragblack
16-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Yesterday while reading and feeling sad I could smell my grandmother's perfume all of yesterday and she died before I was born
Spiritlite.

One time, I was thinking about my Papa (grandpa) while sitting in the bathroom that he had died in. I then smelled his old tobacco pipe smell really strongly in the room. He hadn't smoked for at least nine or so years up until he died, so the smell was one I hadn't smelled for a long time, and it was totally him!

Dilchannan
16-02-2011, 06:34 PM
A few days after my Mom died, my daughter came to me to tell me that Grandma had sat on her bed and talked to her, saying how much she loved us and for us not to worry, she was ok...My daughter was 6 at that time...When I walked into her bedroom I could smell my Mom's perfume...

Spitfire10
17-02-2011, 03:04 AM
My mates house is haunted, We have no idea what roams his house but we can hear, sometimes feel and if your lucky can see the figure/Spirit, clear as day. Sometimes my mate sees huge flashes and he was warned of a house fire that would occur a week after he was dreaming about fires every night. Its a pretty cool house to stay in but nothing has happened this year so far as i go over to his every weekend to have a few drinks with my mates, as you do.

dogninja
17-02-2011, 03:11 AM
been to a residual haunting with a spirit who died the year before. its tough sometimes when you talk to one and more come. some of the run their mouths for a living so its tough to say exactly.

in this house I could the entire traumatic event on audio, over a year later.

I have alot of stories, but I am too lazy to type. One day I will post the audio.

Medium_Laura
17-02-2011, 03:11 AM
how do you talk to a residual haunt? It's a recorded event, like a tape recorder.

dogninja
17-02-2011, 03:17 AM
do you think things are set in stone? that an active haunting cannot have residual elements? you are the pro-fessional. In some of the haunted places I have been to many times I have gotten great audio of events, as well as direct communication with who is there.

At times it was tough to understand just how it was playing out- some times they are cycling through the event and they are there... sometimes its an imprint......

Medium_Laura
17-02-2011, 03:21 AM
I wasn't attacking you, I asked a question. Residual to me means that it's an imprint. It does not interact. It plays if you're there or you're not. I didn't say you couldn't record the audio, I just asked how you could communicate with an imprint.

dogninja
17-02-2011, 03:32 AM
My terminology is not correct then. I apologize for asserting myself, but then again I am me:)

yes the residual elements were the theme that I picked up on working in this house. At first I thought all of the images, and noises were spirits, but in time understood the diff.

They were very much etched in spots in the bldg.

The problem lay in talking to the residual, which drew the not-so-residual.... but... oh-so-compatible...

But thats another ghost story altogether ;)

nightowl
17-02-2011, 03:41 AM
I find residual haunting energy interesting, energy that plays in a loop? Why doesn't the energy get cycled out with time? Fascinating!