PDA

View Full Version : One Punch Kill?

alfiewhitnell
16-11-2016, 03:05 AM
I suffer with O.C.D, and one thing that terrifies me is banging my head some how and dying from the impact, you hear stories of people dying from one punch or banging there head, etc. I am scared if I am one of those people who will stupidly do something and fall over and bang my head on anything, and die instantly, it scares me, and I know it's part of my OCD.

How do I know if I am right? My head always feels tight and... odd... Not sure how to explain.

knightofalbion
16-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Hello Alfie. I'm sorry to hear you have OCD.

As for your 'fear'. It's an irrational fear of course, but that's all part of having OCD.
You do hear about such things now and again, but taken globally its about as common - or as likely - as being eaten by a crocodile!
So, don't worry about it. Everything's okay.

Liliel
16-11-2016, 11:11 AM
I used to struggle with some OCD thoughts, they were rather related to harming others than myself though (the last thing I would ever want!).

From what I got to know about this kind of thoughts is that their content is completely unimportant. I mean whatever they are about they are useless because they are a result of an anxiety. Once you try to explain rationally one thing that comes to your mind another one can come. Just because it's a mechanism.

So one of the methods that helped me was to ignore the thoughts as worthless, ridiculing them and also trying to shift focus to something else, even if it was thinking about getting rid of a litter bag or what I would be making for dinner.

Maybe you could try it too? :smile:

knightofalbion
16-11-2016, 01:46 PM
I used to struggle with some OCD thoughts, they were rather related to harming others than myself though (the last thing I would ever want!).

From what I got to know about this kind of thoughts is that their content is completely unimportant. I mean whatever they are about they are useless because they are a result of an anxiety. Once you try to explain rationally one thing that comes to your mind another one can come. Just because it's a mechanism.

So one of the methods that helped me was to ignore the thoughts as worthless, ridiculing them and also trying to shift focus to something else, even if it was thinking about getting rid of a litter bag or what I would be making for dinner.

Maybe you could try it too? :smile:

That's good advice. When you concentrate your thoughts on something, you 'magnify' it - which is the mechanics of OCD. Try to shift your focus and keep the mind busy.

Aube Borealis
16-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Hi,

I have read that hypnotherapy can cure OCD done by psychologists.