PDA

View Full Version : PIcs of some of my crystals

Spiritlite
08-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Lets hope I can do this.
Sorry for the spider webs I have to clean them up again.

Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
08-02-2011, 07:30 PM
agh I couldn't do it how do I do it?
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Can someone tell me how to upload a pic?
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
08-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Lets see if this works

I'm frustrated I won't bother.

Uhmar
08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Where are your pics hun?? In the camera or in your computor?

star-child
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I use photobucket whenever I put photos on here, perhaps try that.

:smile:

sound
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Spiritlite these instructions may help you ...

1. You will need to sign up with photobucket or a similar service and then upload your computer images to photobucket (there is a green upload button on the PB toolbar). Once image has been uploaded to photobucket click on the blue bar to the bottom right of it which says Save and continue to album.
2. Once you have uploaded the image you wish to share on the forums hold your cursor over the image (in photobucket) and a set of option boxes will appear under it. Copy the info in the one which says Direct link.
3. Now when you open a new page you want to post on here in the forums you will see a little yellow mountain pic on the page toolbar. Left click on that and you will see a yellow bar toward the top of your screen asking you to allow scripted window. Right click on yellow bar and then left click on option which says ‘Temporarily allow scripted windows’.
4. Then click on mountain pic again and you will see a box appear on the left top of your screen
5. Delete any info in the space bar in the box and then paste your info you copied form photobucket then click ok and your image should appear on the forum page.

OR

Right click on a picture from the internet and save it as a picture to your computer. Note where you have saved it and be sure that the file is not too large. I think 93kb is the max. I usually save pictures as .jpeg because they are the smallest.

Then when you compose a post, scroll down to where is says "manage attachments" and click on it and it will allow you to "browse" your computer where you can find and upload the picture you just saved there. Then post your post and the picture will be there.

Spiritlite
09-02-2011, 12:07 AM
okay I will try later photobucket okay thanks
It's going to take me a while when I download from my computer it says the image is too big, which it aint.
I wish you guys would get a better photo system in here.
Spiritlite.

StoneWhisper
10-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Using sites like Photobuck and Picnik are great.. but as indicated in many of my photo forum sites, I've asked users to scale down their images to fit their post. The trouble here is from the factory, the cameras are set to the highest setting or pixel rate.

One can correct this by going to Picnik.com or other site or even your computer (camera software) and entering a more usable size limit.. or about 260 x 260 pixels.. this will offer a good high resolution sized image for forum and web viewing.

Some if not many image software programs simply give you a list to choose from (small, medium & large) instead of being able to adjust the pixels yourself.

Also one many need to consider the storage site. Some sites often enhance (automatically) your images upon upload. so one many need to adjust the image after uploading. I found sites like the Opera community have or allow you to store nearly 2G of images.. Where most other sites are still at the 256Mb range.

God-Like
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi Guy's

A few of my babies - be careful with them pls.. hehehe he

My 18'' crystal signing bowl and a variety of others Including smokey quartz,
clear quartz, smokey citrine

x daz x

StoneWhisper
10-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Lovly Pics.. but lets hope you do not leave your crystal in the sunlight for very long.. In this case one can easily create a "Filter" to ward off any unwanted and very hardish sunlight.

Taking an old coat hanger, and some clear or tissue paper, one can construct a round hand held filter for outside shots of your minerals.. Also indoor shots would be preferred over the sun shots.. Make sure your "bulb" is a true white light. Because many of the so called true white lights doesn't glow white at all, but more like a pale yellow which can case an unpleasant haze over the images..

Once in a while I'll grab a shot or two.. Here is an image of one of my better Carmel Jaspers (shot using the techqics described above) located at another forum site.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs469.snc3/25751_1403486530975_1346714916_31123919_3668239_n. jpg

If you need more support in "how to" I would gladly take the images of your minerals/crystals or offer my services as teacher to help you along.

Spiritlite
10-02-2011, 05:21 PM
thanks for the info and photos :)
Spiritlite.

StoneWhisper
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Hope that I didn't sound to forceful.. and your not doing anything wrong.. it maybe your servre or storage system. Have you explored the html or coding options when posting?..

For instance..

You need to know the location of your image.. say Photobucket.. Often you also might need to simply open the image up (alone) in a different window.. thus revealing the correct image url..

Using one of my wife's jewelry images I'll show you how to post the image from there to here..

Step 1: Locate image url, highlight the url in the browser url slot, copy..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cN9Yvxs5Awo/TPJ5svqnDqI/AAAAAAAAAEE/GHBx7Q7-aiQ/s1600/100_0906.jpg
(Figure 1) Code or url where the image only is or has been stored.

Step 2: Select the "Picture" icon at the top of this text entry area.. or the little yellow and black hillside image.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cN9Yvxs5Awo/TPJ5svqnDqI/AAAAAAAAAEE/GHBx7Q7-aiQ/s1600/100_0906.jpg
(Figure 2) Here is the trick, when you click the picture icon.. a window will appear.. this is where you paste the url you've copied before hand as shown above. Note: the url has been displayed with the "Show Code" option locate in the same tool tray above. Thus I was able to show you the code.

Step 3: The image maybe to large most are.. so you'll need to crop or even resize the images from software you may already have installed or at the photo storage site.. again 260 pixel is large but acceptable.

(Figure 3) After all it's said and done.. your image should be like the one above.

Step 4: There is one thing some of us don't know.. you can actually center your image by using the same "basic codes" or the center code. (shown below)

Image Url Here
(Figure 4) Note: Many forum site use different coding and you may not get the same results. As for this forum.. The actually coding needs to be on caps lock for it to work correctly or (CENTER instead of center) again depending on site..

Here is the same image I've posted above.. But this time I incorporated the center code option which I've had to add myself.

(Figure 5) I'm not expert at anything let alone codes.. but I have been around the block a few times.. Important: The code must be correctly closed within the full code setup or the image will not appear.. in other words the back slash must be added at the end of each code (take note of the first center and the last center ( / ) was added to close the "tag"

Here Is the final code and image posted here within the forums..

Here is a side note to this.. If you know the url of the image.. but still have trouble posting it here.. I will gladly create the code for you via PM service or directly on the screen for you.. All one needs to do is ask..

btw.. Black Onyx Wire Wrapped Ring my wife made from her brother..

Spiritlite
10-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Okay I'm about to get ready to go to town really quickly whe I have time I will do what you suggest and I lvoe the ring.
Spiritlite.

StoneWhisper
10-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Very well.. if issues continue to occur.. I'm right here..

Spiritlite
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
thanks wizard don't worry eventually I'll do it LOl I promise.
Spiritlite

Kapitan_Prien
10-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Here are some of mine - mostly recent purchase ones and my Gold Fouled Anchor I got several years ago. I labeled them so folks know what's what...:D

Crystals Photo (http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff357/Prien_18837/003-3.jpg)

Spiritlite
10-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Ooh Kapitan you have some beautiful stones thanks for sharing.
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
10-02-2011, 09:56 PM
You're Welcome :-)

Spiritlite
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM
:) Kapitan.

Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
10-02-2011, 10:51 PM
There's more I plan to buy - either sometime later this month or next month. I have a list drawn up, but it will probably change when it comes time to order.

Some definite ones though are: Scapolite, Mangano Calcite (http://heavenandearthjewelry.com/ecommerce/control/product/%7Ecategory_id=metaproperties/%7Eproduct_id=pinkCalciteOpaqAr), Andalusite (http://heavenandearthjewelry.com/ecommerce/control/product/%7Ecategory_id=metaproperties/%7Eproduct_id=andalusiteAr) (but not in 'cross' form), Light Pink Garnet, Gaspeite (http://heavenandearthjewelry.com/ecommerce/control/product/%7Ecategory_id=metaproperties/%7Eproduct_id=gaspeiteAr).

Spiritlite
11-02-2011, 04:10 PM
wow Kapitan such variety :) I love it.
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
11-02-2011, 05:43 PM
:-)

Yep - I got my list here:

Variscite
Andalusite
Mangano Calcite
Bright Green Calcite
Diamond
Green Fluorite
Light Pink Garnet
Naturolite
Sulfur
Scapolite

Spiritlite
11-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice how big is the diamond...just kidding.
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
*Laughs* :D They're small rough ones. I may add Yellow Sapphire and Pink Agate too... this list keeps growing... *laughs*

Spiritlite
13-02-2011, 02:08 AM
ooh pink agate very soothing
Spiritlite.

Moonkestrel
14-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Guy's

A few of my babies - be careful with them pls.. hehehe he

My 18'' crystal signing bowl and a variety of others Including smokey quartz,
clear quartz, smokey citrine

x daz x

Amazing crystals - their energies must be amazing to work with...

Spiritlite
14-02-2011, 10:30 PM
oh I have a singing crystal bowel I had a heart one but that fell and broke :( very strange.
Spiritlite.

Kapitan_Prien
14-02-2011, 10:35 PM
When I get the mother-load next month...I'll have to take another picture (or pictures) :D

Spiritlite
15-02-2011, 01:21 AM
I'd love to see your pics.
Spiritlite.

Moonkestrel
16-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Here are some of mine - mostly recent purchase ones and my Gold Fouled Anchor I got several years ago. I labeled them so folks know what's what...:D

Crystals Photo (http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff357/Prien_18837/003-3.jpg)

All lovely crystals but especially love the kunzite and the morganite (a great pairing too :smile: ).

Moonkestrel
16-02-2011, 10:25 PM
*Laughs* :D They're small rough ones. I may add Yellow Sapphire and Pink Agate too... this list keeps growing... *laughs*

Try pink sapphires - they are just stunning :D

StoneWhisper
17-02-2011, 01:54 AM
I've just introduced a new site devoted to the images of minerals and crystals I've taken over the last 4 years.. But one interesting thing about this.. Is I've create this account on the opera community network.. which has software that automatically adjusted to you viewing pleasure.. what does this mean?.. well say you on an iPhone.. My site can be viewed on your phone without missing a beat.. (assuming you have and iphone and connected to the internet) if you'd like your crystal images displayed on via this system.. give me a shout with the (where, what and when) and I'll gladly create a by line with your images and data.

Also: Know your facts about the metaphysical side of minerals or crystals without copying from other sites.. log the minerals.net today (I've worked very hard to get a scientific site to create metaphysical properties category area within their forums)

God-Like
17-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Lovly Pics.. but lets hope you do not leave your crystal in the sunlight for very long.. In this case one can easily create a "Filter" to ward off any unwanted and very hardish sunlight.

Taking an old coat hanger, and some clear or tissue paper, one can construct a round hand held filter for outside shots of your minerals.. Also indoor shots would be preferred over the sun shots.. Make sure your "bulb" is a true white light. Because many of the so called true white lights doesn't glow white at all, but more like a pale yellow which can case an unpleasant haze over the images..

Once in a while I'll grab a shot or two.. Here is an image of one of my better Carmel Jaspers (shot using the techqics described above) located at another forum site.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs469.snc3/25751_1403486530975_1346714916_31123919_3668239_n. jpg

If you need more support in "how to" I would gladly take the images of your minerals/crystals or offer my services as teacher to help you along.

Thanks for your offer of guidance :smile:

Your right about the leaving them out In direct sunlight.. I only leave them out for 20-30 mins just enough sun to top up there tan :wink:

x daz x

God-Like
17-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Amazing crystals - their energies must be amazing to work with...

Yes there are wonderful to work with.

I shouldn't have a favourite but I like working with the 2ft clear quartz the best - I makes me go dizzy at times lol. :smile:

x daz x

Spiritlite
17-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Thankyou guys
Spiritlite