PDA

View Full Version : TRUTH vs. ILLUSION

Sojourner2013
06-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Truth vs. Illusion

Growing up on an Indian Reservation required one, from an early age, to develop the gift of discrimination for the sake of one’s safety. Picking up patterns, noticing the smallest of changes in any room or place, subtle differences in tone and pitch in voice, body language, etc…the better one honed this gift, the safer you were from harmful intentions. I always joke that an Indian Reservation is a great training school if you wish to be an FBI profiler.

Sometimes this gift is a blessing, sometimes it’s a curse. You pick up on subtle energies of others that to the untrained eye/senses, no one else notices. That is why, at the age of 5, the first time I ever heard about God and how he was a being that sought to help us through this earthly journey, I couldn’t help but think that from His bird’s-eye view, He would be able to give me additional look-out information.

I learned as much as I could about what He was capable of. And it has served me well throughout my life. I have shoved so many adventures/challenges into my first 40 years of life and I’m still standing and ever thankful for those adventures, Amen. Spiritually, I am very connected to AA Michael, who fights for Truth.

And this varied life has led me to the realization that there are two kinds of sojourners in this earthly experience. No, not Elvis vs. Beatles people. Truth people vs. Illusion people. Let me preface my understanding with the following: Whether in terms of spiritual evolvement or earthly endeavors, NEITHER IS WRONG. They are preferences.

Lives led by Truth are just as valid as Lives led by Illusion. The person, based on his/her life experiences, will have a preference for one or the other. The childhood “tattler” is already alerting you to his/her preference. And I’ve also noticed that most conflicts stem from opposing preferences.

The Magician at the Circus in town is just as beautiful and magical to the child as the Lion-Tamer. Yet, both performers operate from different agendas. One seeks to create awe by defying nature’s laws while the other seeks to create awe by conjoining with nature’s laws. And yet, all together, the awe is the point.

I occasionally get disappointed when I realize that I was mistaken about someone who I thought was a lion-tamer, like me, and discover the person is a magician (Yes, the Ego bawling!). Then I remember, duh, Illusion is his/her place of preference. Of course! Also, I sometimes forget that Illusion is just as important as Truth, in many different aspects of this journey.

The awe is the point, always. When in doubt, keep your awe on the prize.

Squatchit
06-11-2016, 02:41 PM
I enjoyed reading that. :icon_thumright:

Govind
16-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Truth is what exactly happens to us and imagination is what we expect to be happen to us, so its up to us and our efforts to make our imagination converted to truth.

linen53
16-11-2016, 03:32 PM
I similarly learned how the souls on this incarnation work. But mine is a little more detailed. I might suggest Ainslie MacLeod's book The Instruction. In it he details how to know the age of a soul by it's behavior. He lists 10 soul ages and gives examples.

This book helps me understand my fellow men and women around me. It helps me understand why I am so different and distant from all of this that surrounds me.

And I'm okay with that. Now that I understand.

John32241
16-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Hi,

I can not help but think, what is truth. I understand within the context of Sojourner's presentation, truth is seen and defined as authentic.

However what is truth when physics itself can be altered by some one who knows how to do that. I contend it is based on our beliefs. What we as an individual belief is our reality.

Now if you can evolve your beliefs you can also expand what is truth for you.

John

Maguru
17-11-2016, 03:27 AM
Truth vs. Illusion

Growing up on an Indian Reservation required one, from an early age, to develop the gift of discrimination for the sake of one’s safety. Picking up patterns, noticing the smallest of changes in any room or place, subtle differences in tone and pitch in voice, body language, etc…the better one honed this gift, the safer you were from harmful intentions. I always joke that an Indian Reservation is a great training school if you wish to be an FBI profiler.

Sometimes this gift is a blessing, sometimes it’s a curse. You pick up on subtle energies of others that to the untrained eye/senses, no one else notices. That is why, at the age of 5, the first time I ever heard about God and how he was a being that sought to help us through this earthly journey, I couldn’t help but think that from His bird’s-eye view, He would be able to give me additional look-out information.

I learned as much as I could about what He was capable of. And it has served me well throughout my life. I have shoved so many adventures/challenges into my first 40 years of life and I’m still standing and ever thankful for those adventures, Amen. Spiritually, I am very connected to AA Michael, who fights for Truth.

And this varied life has led me to the realization that there are two kinds of sojourners in this earthly experience. No, not Elvis vs. Beatles people. Truth people vs. Illusion people. Let me preface my understanding with the following: Whether in terms of spiritual evolvement or earthly endeavors, NEITHER IS WRONG. They are preferences.

Lives led by Truth are just as valid as Lives led by Illusion. The person, based on his/her life experiences, will have a preference for one or the other. The childhood “tattler” is already alerting you to his/her preference. And I’ve also noticed that most conflicts stem from opposing preferences.

The Magician at the Circus in town is just as beautiful and magical to the child as the Lion-Tamer. Yet, both performers operate from different agendas. One seeks to create awe by defying nature’s laws while the other seeks to create awe by conjoining with nature’s laws. And yet, all together, the awe is the point.

I occasionally get disappointed when I realize that I was mistaken about someone who I thought was a lion-tamer, like me, and discover the person is a magician (Yes, the Ego bawling!). Then I remember, duh, Illusion is his/her place of preference. Of course! Also, I sometimes forget that Illusion is just as important as Truth, in many different aspects of this journey.

The awe is the point, always. When in doubt, keep your awe on the prize.What a wonderful observation that actually connects people. :smile:

naturesflow
18-11-2016, 05:09 AM
Truth vs. Illusion

The awe is the point, always. When in doubt, keep your awe on the prize.

Neat.

Life is life it all counts as life. :cool: