PDA

View Full Version : Past or Simultaneous Lives?

Zaranais
07-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've not read back through all the messages in this section.

My question is about the concept of "time." I've recently encountered more than one source that talk about time not really existing and saying that what we usually think of as *past* lives are actually all going on at the same time.

For some reason, this seems logical to me, and feels true. But I am wondering why many other sources, that seem to agree on lots of other particulars, still use the term "past lives" and still talk about "going back to earth"? Actually the entire concept of karma seems to indicate consecutive lives, and yet I somehow feel more drawn to the simultaneous concept.

Anyone else been pondering this?

Summerland
07-02-2011, 09:39 PM
You might want to check out this thread for a few thoughts.
Not entirely all you. (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10363) First time I tried that. It may not work, but at least it is the name of the thread.

Summerland
07-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Oh my Goddess, it did work!! YAY for me, after five years I have managed to copy/paste !!!! And they said old dogs can't learn new tricks!!

Uhmar
07-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I believe they are all happening at the same time...

Greenslade
08-02-2011, 12:30 AM
I think using the term 'Past Lives' is a human thing, in a world where we have clocks and have past, present and future. Spirit doesn't have the same concept of time, so in that sense to Spirit there is no past, present nor future. Parallel Lives make more sense to me. When I've gone through 'Past Lives' they don't feel like memories, they feel like those thoughts come from a different part of me, inside.

Karma in terms of good and bad just don't work for me, that smacks too much of judgement. Looking at karma in terms of cause and effect does though.

The way I see it, those 'Past Lives' are happening right now but in a dimension I can't perceive with human senses. It's like a radio station, you listen to one station because that's the one it's tuned into. Turn the dial a tad off-station and you begin to lose the clarity. Turn it a little more and all you get is static noise. A little bit yet and the next station starts to come through. That is where the awareness of 'Past Lives' comes from, because your consciousness is able to tune itself a little, just enough to get past the station you're currently listening to and through a little static into another station.

Medium_Laura
08-02-2011, 12:43 AM
I believe time isn't linear but cyclical. I do believe we can incarnate as different people in different times at the same time. Like little nanobots our learning. When they pass on, we all return to our soul-collective on the Other Side. :)

Summerland
08-02-2011, 01:04 AM
I think using the term 'Past Lives' is a human thing, in a world where we have clocks and have past, present and future. Spirit doesn't have the same concept of time, so in that sense to Spirit there is no past, present nor future. Parallel Lives make more sense to me. When I've gone through 'Past Lives' they don't feel like memories, they feel like those thoughts come from a different part of me, inside.

Karma in terms of good and bad just don't work for me, that smacks too much of judgement. Looking at karma in terms of cause and effect does though.

The way I see it, those 'Past Lives' are happening right now but in a dimension I can't perceive with human senses. It's like a radio station, you listen to one station because that's the one it's tuned into. Turn the dial a tad off-station and you begin to lose the clarity. Turn it a little more and all you get is static noise. A little bit yet and the next station starts to come through. That is where the awareness of 'Past Lives' comes from, because your consciousness is able to tune itself a little, just enough to get past the station you're currently listening to and through a little static into another station.

I have never thought about it before the other thread. How could I remember dying as an infant and a woman who was probably in her 60's, a woman in her 30's, a monk in China about 70, an autistic boy about 7 etc. etc. etc. (as Yul Brynner would say) ??? So many different geographic locations and eras ?
On the other hand remembering some of those lives is as painful as anything that has happened to me this lifetime. I break down crying when I have just listened to the tapes.
Greenslade, how could you have known of me in Atlantis and saw me die and yet in this incarnation we are both alive and I am 58? (I'll be nice and not ask you age, but I think it is close to mine)
Like I said before it is just too baffling for my wee brain~~~~:D

AngelBreeze
08-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've not read back through all the messages in this section.

My question is about the concept of "time." I've recently encountered more than one source that talk about time not really existing and saying that what we usually think of as *past* lives are actually all going on at the same time.

For some reason, this seems logical to me, and feels true. But I am wondering why many other sources, that seem to agree on lots of other particulars, still use the term "past lives" and still talk about "going back to earth"? Actually the entire concept of karma seems to indicate consecutive lives, and yet I somehow feel more drawn to the simultaneous concept.

Warm greetings, Zaranais!

I might tend to entertain the possibility of the 'simultaneous' also as I definitely do not believe in 'past lives' in and of itself. Those who think they had a past life may be recalling something they read somewhere about another person thus identifying closely with that person so as to assume the same basic traits, etc. such as to know pretty much all about them. It just makes absolutely no sense to think that we were someone else at some point in time in the past and that we did not learn our lessons back then and had to come back here as another person, perhaps even of another gender than before, etc. to make amends. And since neither Jesus nor His Mother Mary have experienced that, it is apparent that neither will we. They are still the same and Mary's apparitions, which have been carefully documented and photographed pretty much prove that point even after more than 2,000 years that she walked this Earth incarnate! So, returning as someone else and forgetting totally who we 'were' before is not something acceptable to we Christians.

While I know for a fact, Biblically speaking, that we have only ONE life and that is the one we are presently living, I tend to gravitate towards the hypothesis of a simultaneous life concept more than anything else since we indeed may have been gifted with the ability to know some things that can't be explained by ordinary means and it would seem to sustain the thought, at least in part, that one of our other subtle bodies (an auric or etheric extension of our physical body) may be experiencing things we cannot readily recall so easily in the physical, however could possibly recall under a different set of circumstances, somewhat like receiving spiritual information from another source.

Also, a possibility is the fact that we are also living in a dimension that is composed of an overlay of many other dimensions both above us and below us of greater and lesser vibration. And who is to say that somehow we are not also picking up the thoughts and actions of someone now living in one of those dimensions and subconsciously claiming it to be our own? I believe that to be possible as well since telepathy is the main form of communication in the world of Spirit coupled by the fact that there are many people right here in this plane of existence who are also well-versed in telepathic thought who could convey some of those thoughts and knowledge via the collective unconscious.

So, we might be picking up good information from one of those sources and in that regard, it could be called having a 'simultaneous life' so as to be able to speak somewhat intelligently about things not so well known to us in our everyday normal life.

Have a Wonderful day!

Greenslade
08-02-2011, 01:35 AM
I have never thought about it before the other thread. How could I remember dying as an infant and a woman who was probably in her 60's, a woman in her 30's, a monk in China about 70, an autistic boy about 7 etc. etc. etc. (as Yul Brynner would say) ??? So many different geographic locations and eras ?
On the other hand remembering some of those lives is as painful as anything that has happened to me this lifetime. I break down crying when I have just listened to the tapes.
Greenslade, how could you have known of me in Atlantis and saw me die and yet in this incarnation we are both alive and I am 58? (I'll be nice and not ask you age, but I think it is close to mine)
Like I said before it is just too baffling for my wee brain~~~~:D

Okay then Summer, just to complicate matters even further...... How could I and quite a few other people remember a time before matter even existed, before the Big Bang? How could we possibly recognise each other in this Life or see a part of each other that existed/exists in that Life? For all of those people, there are memories of another Life that have come crashing into this one and they can 'tune into' that Past Life and see reflections of it in this one. And you're right, there isn't much difference age-ways. I'll be 54 in February :-)

It's all very simple. Throw time out of the window and tune the conciousness like a radio station. It's all happening right here, right now and all of those Lives are being Lived even as we speak. What we're aware of is a 'leak' :-)

Summerland
08-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Okay then Summer, just to complicate matters even further...... How could I and quite a few other people remember a time before matter even existed, before the Big Bang? How could we possibly recognise each other in this Life or see a part of each other that existed/exists in that Life? For all of those people, there are memories of another Life that have come crashing into this one and they can 'tune into' that Past Life and see reflections of it in this one. And you're right, there isn't much difference age-ways. I'll be 54 in February :-)

It's all very simple. Throw time out of the window and tune the conciousness like a radio station. It's all happening right here, right now and all of those Lives are being Lived even as we speak. What we're aware of is a 'leak' :-)

HA !! You ARE older than me!!! I only remember back to the time that we were all spun off of the center of it all. Shimmering ribbons, we were, all gossamer multi-colored irridescent filaments. 54, bah! You remember further back than I do, so that makes you older.:tongue:
I need to meet some of these people that you are talking about so that I can get my memory jogging to catch up, Greenslade.

Summerland
08-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Warm greetings, Zaranais!

I might tend to entertain the possibility of the 'simultaneous' also as I definitely do not believe in 'past lives' in and of itself. Those who think they had a past life may be recalling something they read somewhere about another person thus identifying closely with that person so as to assume the same basic traits, etc. such as to know pretty much all about them. It just makes absolutely no sense to think that we were someone else at some point in time in the past and that we did not learn our lessons back then and had to come back here as another person, perhaps even of another gender than before, etc. to make amends. And since neither Jesus nor His Mother Mary have experienced that, it is apparent that neither will we. They are still the same and Mary's apparitions, which have been carefully documented and photographed pretty much prove that point even after more than 2,000 years that she walked this Earth incarnate! So, returning as someone else and forgetting totally who we 'were' before is not something acceptable to we Christians.

While I know for a fact, Biblically speaking, that we have only ONE life and that is the one we are presently living, I tend to gravitate towards the hypothesis of a simultaneous life concept more than anything else since we indeed may have been gifted with the ability to know some things that can't be explained by ordinary means and it would seem to sustain the thought, at least in part, that one of our other subtle bodies (an auric or etheric extension of our physical body) may be experiencing things we cannot readily recall so easily in the physical, however could possibly recall under a different set of circumstances, somewhat like receiving spiritual information from another source.

Also, a possibility is the fact that we are also living in a dimension that is composed of an overlay of many other dimensions both above us and below us of greater and lesser vibration. And who is to say that somehow we are not also picking up the thoughts and actions of someone now living in one of those dimensions and subconsciously claiming it to be our own? I believe that to be possible as well since telepathy is the main form of communication in the world of Spirit coupled by the fact that there are many people right here in this plane of existence who are also well-versed in telepathic thought who could convey some of those thoughts and knowledge via the collective unconscious.

So, we might be picking up good information from one of those sources and in that regard, it could be called having a 'simultaneous life' so as to be able to speak somewhat intelligently about things not so well known to us in our everyday normal life.

Have a Wonderful day!

Angel Breeze, I have one thing that I would like to point out to you, please, and trying not to sound rude, truly. My first memory of a life in Atlantis was when I was about 7 or 8. I was a girl from a very small town in Missouri attending Catholic school. I knew NOTHING about a mythical sunken country. My memories were very detailed and very much adult memories. I wrote out in tiny printing the story that was in my head; it covered the front and back of 4 lined papers. I cried every time that I read it.
So I don't know if they are simultaneous lives, parallel lives or whatever. But I do know what I remember and they are very painful memories.

Greenslade
08-02-2011, 02:09 AM
HA !! You ARE older than me!!! I only remember back to the time that we were all spun off of the center of it all. Shimmering ribbons, we were, all gossamer multi-colored irridescent filaments. 54, bah! You remember further back than I do, so that makes you older.:tongue:
I need to meet some of these people that you are talking about so that I can get my memory jogging to catch up, Greenslade.

Be careful what you wish for, Summer. Be afraid, be very afraid :-)

Summerland
08-02-2011, 02:15 AM
Be careful what you wish for, Summer. Be afraid, be very afraid :-)

Well, if they can fit into my stuffy head, then they are more than welcome. If I could defy tradtions and tenets in Atlantis, why do you think that I would be fearful? Bring it on; I need a good challenge. :angel12:

Summerland
08-02-2011, 02:32 AM

Zaranais, I am sorry if we sort of high jacked your thread. I can't wrap my head around the occuring all at once thing. I have always felt that I have learned from my past lives. I have unraveled some of my "karma" from past lives and have seen how it has affected this life and relationships, even as to career choices. I have journeyed to "Summerland" several times between lives and in my sleeping journeys with my guide. I have been there while regressed 3 times. I remember looking down at my lifeless body more than once.
And I do recognize souls that I have known before. It used to be only in person, but since I have been meeting people on the web the past 2 years that , well, I can't quite explain it. It as if I knew them already and had forever. And to me that sounds like "soul groups" or 'monads' as some have been referring to recently. "Messages From Michael" is the first time that I had heard of it. I hope we have given you a few different angles to look at and explore. :hug3:

AngelBreeze
08-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Angel Breeze, I have one thing that I would like to point out to you, please, and trying not to sound rude, truly. My first memory of a life in Atlantis was when I was about 7 or 8. I was a girl from a very small town in Missouri attending Catholic school. I knew NOTHING about a mythical sunken country. My memories were very detailed and very much adult memories. I wrote out in tiny printing the story that was in my head; it covered the front and back of 4 lined papers. I cried every time that I read it.
So I don't know if they are simultaneous lives, parallel lives or whatever. But I do know what I remember and they are very painful memories.

Warm greetings, Summerland!

It is interesting to learn of what you feel may have happened to you. I do not stand in judgment of you or anyone else, that is not my role. Rather, it would be good if there was an unbiased study center somewhere that could ascertain where some of these 'recollected memories" are actually coming from as I'm sure you, yourself, would also like to know.

It could be simultaneous lives and since there is no element of time and space in the world of Spirit, you could have been an excellent receiver for the information being transmitted by an entity in one of the surrounding dimensions.

I once spoke to a clergy person about this very thing, and I seem to recall that he had a doctorate in religion and I believe another field and what he told me, not to reflect on what you are speaking of here in your summary, but in particular to "past lives" which you did not mention, is that there are dark entities, akin to demons who are very knowledgeable about the past and have been since time immemorial being that they are ageless and that can transmit information about another time and place to a particularly vulnerable person either by age, dis-ease, lack of understanding, or other and can instill much information in them that they are apt to believe that they were actually someone else from another time.

I then asked him if he could expound further on that. He informed me that there are those who already are susceptible and pre-determined to believe things like this so the slightest push by an evil spirit will convince them that what they are saying is right about having a 'past life' after a dark entity has given them that information mentally or in a dream. He said there are books that have been written on this very subject matter. I believe what he is saying is certainly plausible. What are your feelings on this?

And again, you did not mention 'past lives' so your experience may have indeed been of a very different kind and more akin to simultaneous lives I would imagine. And while the jury is still out with me on simultaneous lives I do at least think that given the parameters of the dimension we live in and the fact that we are not alone, the possibility may indeed exist for living a simultaneous life. What is your opinion? Thank you.

Summerland
08-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Warm greetings, Summerland!

It is interesting to learn of what you feel may have happened to you. I do not stand in judgment of you or anyone else, that is not my role. Rather, it would be good if there was an unbiased study center somewhere that could ascertain where some of these 'recollected memories" are actually coming from as I'm sure you, yourself, would also like to know.

It could be simultaneous lives and since there is no element of time and space in the world of Spirit, you could have been an excellent receiver for the information being transmitted by an entity in one of the surrounding dimensions.

I once spoke to a clergy person about this very thing, and I seem to recall that he had a doctorate in religion and I believe another field and what he told me, not to reflect on what you are speaking of here in your summary, but in particular to "past lives" which you did not mention, is that there are dark entities, akin to demons who are very knowledgeable about the past and have been since time immemorial being that they are ageless and that can transmit information about another time and place to a particularly vulnerable person either by age, dis-ease, lack of understanding, or other and can instill much information in them that they are apt to believe that they were actually someone else from another time.

I then asked him if he could expound further on that. He informed me that there are those who already are susceptible and pre-determined to believe things like this so the slightest push by an evil spirit will convince them that what they are saying is right about having a 'past life' after a dark entity has given them that information mentally or in a dream. He said there are books that have been written on this very subject matter. I believe what he is saying is certainly plausible. What are your feelings on this?

And again, you did not mention 'past lives' so your experience may have indeed been of a very different kind and more akin to simultaneous lives I would imagine. And while the jury is still out with me on simultaneous lives I do at least think that given the parameters of the dimension we live in and the fact that we are not alone, the possibility may indeed exist for living a simultaneous life. What is your opinion? Thank you.

Angel Breeze, first let me be very upfront with you; I am not a Christian.
I follow the Goddess. It is She whom I pray to and talk with. So you can see that we come very opposite sides of a belief system.
Now I actually do believe in demons and "dark entities". If there is Light then there must be Darkness as all is in balance. I have seen spirits since I was 5 or 6 ; my first was my uncle, who was a good, kind man. And since then I have seen many other entities , some good, some very evil and some who are just lost.
I emphatically do not believe that a demon put those memories in my head. I have verified for a fact, one of those past lives as it was recent,well, actually in the 1920's. I have always been the odd one in my family because I accept the fact that our family has psychic bonds and have a way of "knowing" things. The rest of my family is not so easy with it, but then they are all Christians.
My past life memories (and I will stick with past lives for now as it is what my mind and heart accept) are many, various races, sexes and religions.
No one famous or infamous, no one noteworthy. I am in this life to learn, to balance mistakes made in previous lives nad to work out difficult relationships. I condemn no one's belief, in that it harm none, which is actually a very all encompassing reed to live by.
Considering the evidence of the age of the universe, I find it more than a bit difficult to think that we are the entire focus of All That Is. It is beyond billions of years old and every day, we discover a new bit of information that only leads to more questions. Personally I can't begin to comprehend what we DON'T know. We will never have all of the answers and I don't think that we need to have all the answers. Every day I find something of beauty, even if it is a sparkling snowflake. Every day I try to make a difference in someones life. I did not attain all that is within me in just one brief live, Angel Breeze. I have worked many lifetimes to reach this point in my journey. That first memory of a life in Atlantis actually influenced the core of this life. It made me realize that there would be many questions in my future and i would have to live by what I learned and experienced. All of our experiences in this lifetime creates who we are in this moment. For me, I push back the boundaries. Everything that has happened to me since the first second of Creation has shaped me to who I am today. All the many lives, loves, failures, deaths, injuries, losses and knowledge that I garnered along all of those paths are serving me in THIS lifetime. Namaste

AngelBreeze
08-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Angel Breeze, first let me be very upfront with you; I am not a Christian.
I follow the Goddess. It is She whom I pray to and talk with. So you can see that we come very opposite sides of a belief system.
Now I actually do believe in demons and "dark entities". If there is Light then there must be Darkness as all is in balance. I have seen spirits since I was 5 or 6 ; my first was my uncle, who was a good, kind man. And since then I have seen many other entities , some good, some very evil and some who are just lost.
I emphatically do not believe that a demon put those memories in my head. I have verified for a fact, one of those past lives as it was recent,well, actually in the 1920's. I have always been the odd one in my family because I accept the fact that our family has psychic bonds and have a way of "knowing" things. The rest of my family is not so easy with it, but then they are all Christians.
My past life memories (and I will stick with past lives for now as it is what my mind and heart accept) are many, various races, sexes and religions.
No one famous or infamous, no one noteworthy. I am in this life to learn, to balance mistakes made in previous lives nad to work out difficult relationships. I condemn no one's belief, in that it harm none, which is actually a very all encompassing reed to live by.
Considering the evidence of the age of the universe, I find it more than a bit difficult to think that we are the entire focus of All That Is. It is beyond billions of years old and every day, we discover a new bit of information that only leads to more questions. Personally I can't begin to comprehend what we DON'T know. We will never have all of the answers and I don't think that we need to have all the answers. Every day I find something of beauty, even if it is a sparkling snowflake. Every day I try to make a difference in someones life. I did not attain all that is within me in just one brief live, Angel Breeze. I have worked many lifetimes to reach this point in my journey. That first memory of a life in Atlantis actually influenced the core of this life. It made me realize that there would be many questions in my future and i would have to live by what I learned and experienced. All of our experiences in this lifetime creates who we are in this moment. For me, I push back the boundaries. Everything that has happened to me since the first second of Creation has shaped me to who I am today. All the many lives, loves, failures, deaths, injuries, losses and knowledge that I garnered along all of those paths are serving me in THIS lifetime. Namaste

Hello Summerland,

Thank you for sharing. It was interesting to read of your experience with this.

Have a wonderful day!

Medium_Laura
08-02-2011, 04:10 PM
I also have memories of Atlantis, but I have not had the opportunity to probe them further. I would love to hear about your experiences Summerland and memories to see if I remember what you do. I remember we had telekinesis, we also could be anywhere with just a thought. I remember a LOT of water. Sea creatures that we could talk to and understand them. (kinda sounds like I'm talking about the Little Mermaid! LOL)

equuslife
08-02-2011, 05:45 PM
The "present" is where the "past" and the "future" meet. I like to illustrate it as a linear scale where the past is on the left heading to the right and the future is on the right heading to the left. When they meet at the mid point, that is the present moment.

These are the parallel universes. One usually thinks that the parallels must be heading in the same direction but they are not. They are parallel but head in the opposite direction of each other and thus create the "now".

Zaranais
10-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Zaranais, I am sorry if we sort of high jacked your thread.

No problem! I am enjoying reading all the various points of view on this forum and I appreciate all your thoughtful answers.

I will eventually have more personal time to contribute here, I'm sure, but, when I get a chance to pop in, I'm mainly reading right now.

I agree, it is hard to get one's head around a universe without time - I tend to try not to reason it out as I suspect that's fruitless. It's even hard, if not impossible, to have a human discussion without referring to some concept of time. In things like this I tend to just go with what "feels" right to me.

Chrysaetos
10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've not read back through all the messages in this section. My question is about the concept of "time." I've recently encountered more than one source that talk about time not really existing and saying that what we usually think of as *past* lives are actually all going on at the same time.Knowledge of what we are experiencing involves interpretation of the experience. Memory also involves interpretation, in which we look at the significant and meaningful. All of this is partly determined by one's understandings and interests.. Knowledge and memory come after an experience. How can a possible past life be happening now? It is the past, it lives on as a memory..

Are you a toddler or a teen, or do you have a memory of that..?

Greenslade
10-02-2011, 11:20 PM
No problem! I am enjoying reading all the various points of view on this forum and I appreciate all your thoughtful answers.

I will eventually have more personal time to contribute here, I'm sure, but, when I get a chance to pop in, I'm mainly reading right now.

I agree, it is hard to get one's head around a universe without time - I tend to try not to reason it out as I suspect that's fruitless. It's even hard, if not impossible, to have a human discussion without referring to some concept of time. In things like this I tend to just go with what "feels" right to me.

When you're at work looking at the clock, it's difficult not to think of the future. When you're sat at home and you ache after a hard day, it's difficult not to think of the past

I liken it to a radio station. In this third dimension we are tuned into a specific frequency. Move away from that frequency (alter your consciousness by meditation or whatever) and you reach that noise between stations until you tune into the next radio station (as in the Spirit realm, or at least a part of it). If you think about it, all those radio stations are broadcasting at the same time. That's kinda how I figured Parallel Lives as opposed to Past Lives. This Life I have now is one radio station, another Life is another station. By slightly altering my consciousness I can perceive a different Life - a Past Life. Perhaps that other Life is doing the same, and we exchange something in that space between stations. The Past Life isn't so past after all, it's happening right here, right now. I've often wondered if my Past Life memories are actually memories because sometimes they don't feel that way - they feel too real. What we might see as karma isn't karma at all, perhaps it's one Past Life working through issues that my consciousness is picking up on.

Now, anyone got some spare happy meds?

equuslife
11-02-2011, 02:26 AM
When you're at work looking at the clock, it's difficult not to think of the future. When you're sat at home and you ache after a hard day, it's difficult not to think of the past

I liken it to a radio station. In this third dimension we are tuned into a specific frequency. Move away from that frequency (alter your consciousness by meditation or whatever) and you reach that noise between stations until you tune into the next radio station (as in the Spirit realm, or at least a part of it). If you think about it, all those radio stations are broadcasting at the same time. That's kinda how I figured Parallel Lives as opposed to Past Lives. This Life I have now is one radio station, another Life is another station. By slightly altering my consciousness I can perceive a different Life - a Past Life. Perhaps that other Life is doing the same, and we exchange something in that space between stations. The Past Life isn't so past after all, it's happening right here, right now. I've often wondered if my Past Life memories are actually memories because sometimes they don't feel that way - they feel too real. What we might see as karma isn't karma at all, perhaps it's one Past Life working through issues that my consciousness is picking up on.

Now, anyone got some spare happy meds?

Excellent explanation!!

Oh, and PM me when you get a line on the meds, OK?:icon_wink:

Zaranais
11-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Knowledge of what we are experiencing involves interpretation of the experience. Memory also involves interpretation, in which we look at the significant and meaningful. All of this is partly determined by one's understandings and interests.. Knowledge and memory come after an experience. How can a possible past life be happening now? It is the past, it lives on as a memory..

Are you a toddler or a teen, or do you have a memory of that..?

I would say that I have memories, and, of course, according to science, everything we experience is memory, since there is a lag from when a stimulus reaches our brain from our senses. However, all of this is the interpretation from human, physical experience. There is a school of thought that would say this is merely the way we understand things and not the truth of the matter. This school of thought would say that everything we think of as the past - including teen and toddlerhood - is happening now, and, in fact, it is possible to go back into those experiences.

Of course, this is the school of thought that makes my head hurt. :D

Greenslade
12-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Excellent explanation!!

Oh, and PM me when you get a line on the meds, OK?:icon_wink:

Thank you, Equus. It's from the Advanced School of K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

And sorry about the meds. I'm keeping them all to myself. Ner Ner :-)

equuslife
12-02-2011, 01:36 AM
...And sorry about the meds. I'm keeping them all to myself. Ner Ner :-)

Well, I'll just keep this Chocolate Red Velvet Cheesecake Milkshake to myself then.:icon_tongue:

Greenslade
13-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Well, I'll just keep this Chocolate Red Velvet Cheesecake Milkshake to myself then.:icon_tongue:

Sounds like a plan :-) A single malt whiskey from the Isle of Skye hits the spot every time.

equuslife
13-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Sounds like a plan :-) A single malt whiskey from the Isle of Skye hits the spot every time.

Have pity on us common folk. Best I could do was some Jameson in my coffee this morning.:wink:

7luminaries
14-02-2011, 05:58 PM
I would say that I have memories, and, of course, according to science, everything we experience is memory, since there is a lag from when a stimulus reaches our brain from our senses. However, all of this is the interpretation from human, physical experience. There is a school of thought that would say this is merely the way we understand things and not the truth of the matter. This school of thought would say that everything we think of as the past - including teen and toddlerhood - is happening now, and, in fact, it is possible to go back into those experiences.

Of course, this is the school of thought that makes my head hurt. :D

Me too...though this is the school of thought that I believe is the truest...even if the hardest one for us to perceive.....

Has anyone else experienced the awareness of things changing but you remember both streams? Not so much from your own life...I'm not that good, LOL!!! But other larger events or perhaps "details" changing...others accept as if nothing has happened...but in fact...things have changed? Not always in a bad way...largely a good way, to my mind. Sort of to offset all the negative timestream manipulation that occured particularly in the last century or so...

Because of this, I'm trying to practise prayer and setting positive intentions more regularly...even without specific outcomes...just to "help the good"....

Thoughts?

Cheers!
7L

Gibbz
18-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I must agree in saying that I have definitely pondered this. Unfortunately, I do not understand how that would be possible - As I am conditioned to what I know in this life. It is quite fascinating to think about. :rolleyes:

Baldr44
21-02-2011, 03:59 PM

This is an older post but I feel I need to interject something here. There are many who have reincarnated from Atlantis. While others poo-poo this truth, you have vivid memories that are very real. There are simultaneous lives but generally not on earth. We are multidimensional beings and can and do exist in many other realities. Why live in just one dimension when there are so many ways to live in others and yes simultaneously. The concept of time is a human construct and we here on the earth plane have linear time. This doe's not occur anywhere else in the universe. There is no time anywhere else in the universe.

AngelBreeze meas well but being a devout christian can't believe in such things.