PDA

View Full Version : What do you know?

Internal Queries
06-02-2011, 11:58 PM
what do you know that is, beyond all doubt, true?

Kaere
07-02-2011, 01:24 AM
That people often use their instead of they're.

What about you? What do you know that is, beyond all doubt, true?

psychoslice
07-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Absolutely nothing, and even that we can never know.

earthprowler
07-02-2011, 04:37 AM
your friends will always laugh at you if you fall down :wink:

and if you say something funny when eating, liquid is gonna come out their nose when they laugh at you......:smileinbox:

dogninja
07-02-2011, 05:42 AM
there is no death of consciousness

yes
07-02-2011, 11:40 AM

Aum.

Yes.

Summerland
07-02-2011, 12:18 PM
I know, beyond a doubt that I am the sum total of all the experiences of all my incarnations.
I also know that the moon is always there, even if I can't see her. :D

Internal Queries
07-02-2011, 02:52 PM
alrighty then and thanks for your replies. i guess i'm trying to build a "sanity gauge", some way to get a bead on "reality", what is acceptable as real and true, a consensus of sorts to measure against my own experiences and mental abberations. i try so hard to be self honest and to keep my self observations as objective as possible so i don't trust any of it to be "real". i was just wondering how other folks manage to judge the truth of their beliefs systems and the reality of their psy experiences.

Uhmar
07-02-2011, 03:06 PM
My psi experiences are the truths
my human experieence are the fallacies

Internal Queries
07-02-2011, 06:18 PM
My psi experiences are the truths
my human experieence are the fallacies

your psy experiences aren't human experiences?

Lisa
08-02-2011, 07:10 PM

This Moment.

Dilchannan
08-02-2011, 07:49 PM
My house is a mess and I need to clean it lol....

Blaze
04-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I am here!

autumn
05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
The only person I can truly count on is myself.

CuriousSnowflake
05-03-2011, 05:58 PM

Absolutely nothing. I have some strong opinions, some well-developed ideas, but nothing is beyond doubt. IMHO, the idea that one has found the TRUTH is the height of arrogance and hubris. I find even the idea that I could find TRUTH horribly disheartening; it would mean there would be a point at which I would stop discovering wonderful new ideas about my world.

BLLEEEEAAACHH! Not for me!

CS

CuriousSnowflake
05-03-2011, 06:12 PM
alrighty then and thanks for your replies. i guess i'm trying to build a "sanity gauge", some way to get a bead on "reality", what is acceptable as real and true, a consensus of sorts to measure against my own experiences and mental abberations. i try so hard to be self honest and to keep my self observations as objective as possible so i don't trust any of it to be "real". i was just wondering how other folks manage to judge the truth of their beliefs systems and the reality of their psy experiences.

Good lord, why would you ever want a "consensus" on what is "acceptable"?! "Real" and "true" and "sane" are all relative ideas, self-created concepts based upon your preferences. That which is "real" is what you make "real". That which is "true" is what you decide is "true" That which is "sane" is most definitely based on your own definitions of sanity.

You have experiences. You look at them and decide what they mean, relative to your values, ideas, and preferences. If you want to call them real and true and sane, so be it. If you want to call them fake and false and crazy, so be that too. You decide. Always.

And yes, that does mean that you can allow others to define an "acceptable consensus", if you want. As long as you realize that you are still the one making the decision to accept their ideas.

CS

CuriousSnowflake
05-03-2011, 06:15 PM
I am here!

Who is "I"?

What is "am"?

Where is "here"?

Just wondering. :D

CS

Lazarus72
05-03-2011, 07:19 PM
That no-thing can be known yet there is knowing.

Blaze
05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Who is "I"?

What is "am"?

Where is "here"?

CS

I am Me!

I am me and this is here!

No wondering anymore. :smile:

Shabda
05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Absolutely nothing. I have some strong opinions, some well-developed ideas, but nothing is beyond doubt. IMHO, the idea that one has found the TRUTH is the height of arrogance and hubris. I find even the idea that I could find TRUTH horribly disheartening; it would mean there would be a point at which I would stop discovering wonderful new ideas about my world.

BLLEEEEAAACHH! Not for me!

CS
you dont believe it possible that there is anything beyond Truth??? that there are no new things to discover?? even that is an assumption isnt it? therefore, i respectfully disagree~! :wink:

nightowl
06-03-2011, 03:33 AM
Without air, I'm dead!

nightowl

CuriousSnowflake
06-03-2011, 12:34 PM
you dont believe it possible that there is anything beyond Truth??? that there are no new things to discover?? even that is an assumption isnt it? therefore, i respectfully disagree~! :wink:

Umm, I think you misunderstood. I was saying that there are ALWAYS new things to discover, and that "truth" is nothing more than a self-limitation.

CS

sound
06-03-2011, 12:40 PM
"truth" is nothing more than a self-limitation.

CS
Is it truth that limits us CS or our interpretation of it to the exclusion of all else (greater truth) that is to be revealed?

CuriousSnowflake
06-03-2011, 12:47 PM
I am Me!

I am me and this is here!

No wondering anymore. :smile:

But what is this Me that you are experiencing? What assumptions, limitations, or subconscious paradigms are tied into this idea? By calling yourself "me", what restrictions are you accepting? You must be accepting some, otherwise you would not describe yourself as the singular "me". By saying "I am Me" you are also saying "I am not you, her, him, this, that, or the other thing"

What is this "here" that you are experiencing? What assumptions, limitations, or subconscious paradigms are tied into this idea? By declaring you are "here", what restrictions are you accepting? You must be accepting some, otherwise you would not describe yourself as being in the singular location of "here". By saying "I am Here" you are also saying "I am not there, or at the top of Everest, or on the moon, or floating in the void 27 gigaparsecs z-axis from the point of the Big Bang."

Not saying I am right about any of this, or that you should even pay attention. Just encouraging some early-morning spiritual calisthenics. :wink:

CS

CuriousSnowflake
06-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Is it truth that limits us CS or our interpretation of it to the exclusion of all else (greater truth) that is to be revealed?

Is there a difference between the two? IMHO, any declaration of "this is true" is an "interpretation to the exclusion of all else (greater truth) that is to be revealed". The best that I think can be said is "this is my truth for now".

CS

sound
06-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Mmm ... its almost as if one (element) of truth leads to another and another and on it goes ...

andrew g
06-03-2011, 04:36 PM

Hmmm. I dont know.

Enya
06-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Truth is relative. Often, what we accept as truth can re-emerge as illusion, so one man's truth is another man's madness. I say - pay attention to what feels right for you, in this moment. Use that as your guideline until something else comes along to challenge and/or expand it. Change your truth if you wish to. If a truth makes you feel uncomfortable, seek an answer as to *why*... there's usually another, deeper truth in there. :smile:

claymation
06-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Not a damn thing. Everytime I begin to believe I know something, I find that I really don't know much at all. I'm always in the discovery phase I guess.

CuriousSnowflake
07-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Mmm ... its almost as if one (element) of truth leads to another and another and on it goes ...

Exactly! We remake ourselves in every moment of our lives, forever deciding and declaring our ideas of self, which is to say our truths. Identicality from moment to moment is completely impossible; if there is one thing nature abhors more than a vacuum, it's stasis. We may be very similar from moment to moment, but we are never exactly the same. Every moment, we gain atoms and lose atoms from our bodies. Every moment some little part of us dies and another little part is born. Are we really so stuck in the mud as to think our truths do not change as well? What a deliciously chuckleable delusion!

CS

Gracey
08-03-2011, 02:05 AM

that i am loved and that i love.

Afro7hundr
01-04-2011, 12:35 PM

The only thing I know is that I know nothing.

sound
01-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Truth is beyond all doubt ..

clovelly
01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I know beyond doubt absolutely nothing.

zipzip
03-04-2011, 01:11 AM
I think that you want a more spiritual answer as to what I have learned so you can see if it resonates with you. Am I correct?

lol Ok, here goes:

trust in your inner messages.
if something isnt' working, leave it alone and try again later....(let God take care of it)
be easy on yourself and take care of yourself.
God does listen, just be patient and have faith.

I hope this helps.....

zipzip

nightowl
03-04-2011, 01:29 AM
That each days insight is connected to the next...

Today is only yesterdays tomorrow...Uriah Heep

Silver
03-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Who is "I"?

What is "am"?

Where is "here"?

CS

...Reminds me of a Lucy episode~*
:wink:

Chris_2011
08-04-2011, 01:12 PM
That movies can be watched over and over

Seriously - That I have seen physical pain that was very, very and very bad

PsychicFrank
16-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I know there to be death without a doubt that is true. At some point my current life will come to an end. Hopefully not soon, but at some point all living things will face that certainty.

Lisa
21-05-2011, 03:05 PM
That if I delcare, "It Never Rains here in June." On the first day of June, it will rain.

Bluegreen
18-06-2011, 06:06 PM

The truth is that I know that my belief system changes with every new piece of knowledge. How can it not?

nightowl
18-06-2011, 06:51 PM
The truth is that I know that my belief system changes with every new piece of knowledge. How can it not?

Boy, there is truth in this Blugreen...:smile:

Once I took God out of the box of Christian thought many new pieces of knowledge have expanded my spiritual reality.

nightowl

northstar
18-06-2011, 07:15 PM
i tested my spiritual exp's just as rigidly as my mortal life... then learned how to decifer colours and flavours... then could see the same strain of truth running through others... fact is... there is nothing but truth... relative truth... about the only thing that isnt true is that the spirit can be killed, but it is possible that after a gazillion years we might decide to absorb back from whence we came... even if one believes duality is the spiritual realms, that will then be true for them... but not for me...

its a wide open game... anything goes... find a truth that you can wear comfortably, and the spirits (so to speak) will make it so... its wide open...

Seperate_Reality
10-07-2011, 04:33 PM
That I am a non-physical, immortal, spiritual being and am not the mortal, physical, human body I operate and view in a mirror. My potential, as a spiritual being, is far greater than I have been led to believe.

windwhistle
14-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Internal queries...why don't you try answering this question yourself. That is where you will find the truth. You can't cop it from anyone else. It's in you.

Internal Queries
14-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Internal queries...why don't you try answering this question yourself. That is where you will find the truth. You can't cop it from anyone else. It's in you.

oh hey! i know that but it's society that determines the perimeters of sanity. you folks here are society, though the perimeters here are not quite so rigid as general society. when i posted this thread i was just wanting to see how far perimeters of spirituality flexes.

i've discovered that, at least here, my insanity isn't anymore insane than that of anyOne else. lol

sound
14-07-2011, 12:34 PM
i've discovered that at least here my insanity isn't anymore insane than that of anyOne else. lol
Theres your doubt-free truth IQ lol :hug3:

Internal Queries
14-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Theres your doubt-free truth IQ lol :hug3:

hehehe! ((((hugs sound))))

LIFE
14-07-2011, 11:50 PM

In my experience, there is really only one thing that can be known...and I may be wrong about that.

....and the drumroll......

I exist.

This statement implies awareness and "self-awareness".

Granted, I don't know what self/"I" actually is. Everything else is speculation.

I like the quote:

"Something unknown is doing what we don't know what."

SerpentQueen
15-07-2011, 07:59 PM
This Moment.

I no longer trust in this moment, not after I learned that the mind is basically constantly recording stimuli, editing it carefully, and then playing it back to us.

SerpentQueen
15-07-2011, 08:00 PM
I am here!

I'm not even sure of that. Could very well be I'm actually in the loony bin and everyone around me is only humoring me in my delusions and hallucinations.

Blaze
15-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm not even sure of that. Could very well be I'm actually in the loony bin and everyone around me is only humoring me in my delusions and hallucinations.

Well, I didn't specify here is where and that was the point! ;)

SerpentQueen
15-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Well, I didn't specify here is where and that was the point! ;)

That's because you are humoring me. :tongue:

SerpentQueen
15-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Ps Blaze do I get the medical marijuana?