PDA

View Full Version : Empathy Quotient Test

Just Because
20-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Click here (https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient/) to take the "Empathy Quotient" Test, provided by Psychology-Tools.com. It appears to be based on actual scholarly research.

I scored 55 out of 80, which I hope isn't too terrible. I'm sure a lot of you will leave me in the dust with better scores. In my teens, twenties and early thirties, I know I would have scored much higher than 55; however, back then the future still had lots more potential than it does now. lol. :wink:

intj123
21-09-2016, 07:17 AM
I got a low score and it said I have aspergers.

Though the definitions of mental illness seems to be getting more ridiculous everyday as they release newer versions of the DSM. It's just turning into childish name calling if you ask me.

Empathy is, at its simplest, awareness of the feelings and emotions of other people.

I'm aware alright, but I'm also simultaneously apathetic to their feelings much of the time because it is irrational and silly.

Also, this test has a pattern of questions that tries to define empathy as being socially adept. The social masses are just stupid and care about stupid things, like Donald Trump, or Taylor Swift. Well excuse me if I think my time is better spent thinking about more interesting things, I'm not interested in joining their idiotic conversations. I could fake it for sure, but then I'm not being true to myself and authentic, so I'd rather just not care, and I'm going to show my disinterest because that is how I truly feel. An empathetic person will probably fake interest, create fake personalities in order to harmonize, mirror their behavior and mannerisms.

Empathy is not really all that great compared to sympathy.
Sympathy is feeling compassion, sorrow, or pity for the hardships that another person encounters, while empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another. I'd rather have a sympathetic friend than an empathetic one, though not the pitiful type of sympathy.

People say that empathy is a deeper level of understanding other's feelings, but I'm a little skeptical. Let's say a mother loses her child in an accident, and then the empath comes along and feels her pain, is that empath REALLY feeling 100% of that pain without ever having gone through the experience themselves? I am skeptical if they really feel it the same without experiencing it themselves in reality. At least sympathy is more realistic in that they admit they don't fully understand but still have compassion for them. Also it seems that empathy can be felt without sympathy, but sympathy cannot be felt without some level of empathy, so sympathy encompasses both, while empathy can stand alone. The empath doesn't necessarily care about your predicament, they can understand and not care, not have compassion...

Hmm I just read about something called the HEYOKA, the most powerful type of empath. It sounds awfully similar to the twin flame phenomena. Or to a psychic empath. The native americans called the most powerful empaths heyoka's. Modern society might refer to them as psychic empaths. My twin flame might be a Heyoka, because I've had all those experiences with her, reflecting deep love, and also arrogance and hatred, all reflections of myself though....and lessons I need to learn. But it's not just me she does it to, it seems she does it to others as well. The Heyoka is referred to as the sacred clown.. backwards way of doing things, unique perception of life.

Shivani Devi
21-09-2016, 09:03 AM
In a world full of greed and persecution, I doubt these people feel any empathy either and they are not on the spectrum.

Who is a true empath anyway when you can only know what somebody is feeling if you have experienced exactly the same thing yourself and even then people react in different ways.

I'll do the test later, but I already know I will score like the above poster. If anything, misery loves company and that's all being an 'empath' means.

I don't feel sympathy, compassion...but I can feel pity and that's about as close as it gets.

Just Because
21-09-2016, 02:38 PM
I got a low score and it said I have aspergers.

Though the definitions of mental illness seems to be getting more ridiculous everyday as they release newer versions of the DSM.
I know I posted this test (just for fun), so this may sound contradictory, but I agree with you 5,000 percent! I wasn't thinking in the most literal sense about psychiatry when I submitted this post on empathy, although, considering the sources, and my statements, I have no excuse for not having done so. I was still foolishly thinking "empathy" without fully considering the "clinicians" who are who are defining it according to their own clinical definition in that test. I should have known better. Thank you for bringing it up. I mean that sincerely.

I emailed this article to a friend on May 7, 2013: The Lying Liars Who Lie About Psychiatry (https://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/05/jon-rappoport/the-lying-liars-who-lie-about-psychiatry/) by Jon Rappaport. I wanted her to stop making excuses for her thieving, con-artist, "bipolar" grandson, who had massively ripped her off, yet she repeatedly kept forgiving him. I agree with every word of the article. There is also a YouTube video of a long-time psychiatrist who also says it is all a sham, but I cant find it. There are many other such videos on YouTube.

In hindsight, I wish I could delete my link to that test now (I am not fond of how one loses editing capabilities on SF after only a few hours).

It's just turning into childish name calling if you ask me.
Yes, among the uninformed. I see something more self-serving and/or sinister among those who are behind all of this.

Empathy is, at its simplest, awareness of the feelings and emotions of other people.

I'm aware alright, but I'm also simultaneously apathetic to their feelings much of the time because it is irrational and silly.
You are right again about "being aware." I think most people, including us, would have a very high empathy "score" in real-world situations among people who truly need help, as opposed to the population at large. I keep replacing most of my sarcastic, cynical comments here because I don't want to run any more people off than I think I already have. I originally wrote something like, "In my teens, twenties and early thirties, I know I would have scored much higher than 55, but then [life in general (i.e. people) ruined my outlook]." I replaced it with the much more self-focused and generic, "back then the future still had lots more potential than it does now."

The social masses are just stupid and care about stupid things, like Donald Trump, or Taylor Swift. Well excuse me if I think my time is better spent thinking about more interesting things, I'm not interested in joining their idiotic conversations. I could fake it for sure, but then I'm not being true to myself and authentic, so I'd rather just not care, and I'm going to show my disinterest because that is how I truly feel.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I wrote the following paragraph in this SF post (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1489193&postcount=31) last week. Even though massively understated and kept as non-hostile as possible, it, and my wordiness, may still have run some of my new, but regular SF correspondents away (a suspicion that has been making me seriously reconsider the last four words of this quote, the ones with bold emphasis):

I just keep my worldly positions as generic as possible here by saying that I want people to be open-minded, impartial truth seekers, not close-minded political partisans of any stripe. Open-minded, impartial truth seeking is exactly what the most enlightened people here on Spiritual Forums do. We are here impartially looking for spiritual truth. I want people to be the same way in worldly affairs, but most of them aren't even close to being that way. In fact, they are the complete opposite. They will go out of their way to protect their beliefs by avoiding people who are open-minded, impartial truth seekers. It has been one of the most demoralizing discoveries of my life these past eleven years. It very negatively impacted my spiritual side. It's one of several reasons I registered on this site last week. I want to re-energize my spiritual connection in general, but also with humanity.

I am now, once again, starting to feel the desire to live the life of a recluse 20 miles from the nearest small town, even though I've done that before, and I could only tolerate it for a couple of weeks at a time. Of course, I was a bit younger then and still held out very faint, residual hopes of having one last shot at a real, long-term, meaningful relationship with a woman. Those "very faint, residual hopes" are all but gone now.

An empathetic person will probably fake interest, create fake personalities in order to harmonize, mirror their behavior and mannerisms.
You are right, but I don't see why some people can't also fake sympathy.

Hmm I just read about something called the HEYOKA, the most powerful type of empath.
I have never heard of the Heyoka before. It sounds like an interesting subject. You will have to forgive me, but my first knowledge of empaths came from fiction. In order to keep this post slightly less lengthy, Click here (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1487155&postcount=11) and scroll to the last paragraph. Admittedly, that is probably a highly idealized type of empath, but it shaped my idealistic fantasies for many years after that. It was in this vein that I foolishly and semi-ignorantly posted this test based on the psychiatric definition of empathy.

Just Because
21-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Who is a true empath anyway when you can only know what somebody is feeling if you have experienced exactly the same thing yourself and even then people react in different ways.
After I first experienced lost love, with my first and primary soulmate, I was in such agony that I had strong feelings of empathy for other people who were in similar situations. As the years passed, and I got over my painful experiences, my now non-ideal memories of my own agony started to dull my feelings for anyone who is going through what I went though. Furthermore, I realized that empathy does absolutely no good for the person who is in agony, but it hurts / drains the person who is feeling the empathy, for no useful purpose whatsoever, at least not in a worldly sense. In a spiritual sense, maybe it's good for us; but maybe, like any type of training (as opposed to education), one learns as much as is necessary, and then it is no longer necessary to learn anything more. In other words, I no longer need to feel the pain that others are feeling. I've done all that, and I've learned more than enough (far too much) from doing it. So I'm done with my "training" in that regard.

I'll do the test later, but I already know I will score like the above poster. If anything, misery loves company and that's all being an 'empath' means.
As I said to him, I wish I could delete the link to that test. There is no need to take it because I've lost all trust in the people who created it. They are psychiatrists, with a (possibly deliberately) skewed outlook on humanity. [You might want to read what I wrote to him. I could easily have written it to you too.]

I don't feel sympathy, compassion...but I can feel pity and that's about as close as it gets.
And that is more than enough!

I wish we had long-term editing abilities our posts here, not just a few hours' worth, so I could delete that link.

Just Because
22-09-2016, 04:05 AM
intj123, have you seen this site (or multi-part "course") before?

Empath 101 - Dreamtongue - The Empathic Language - What is an Empath? (http://www.mysilentecho.com/dreamtongue1.htm)

I've only read part of the first page so far, so I don't know how substantive or useful it really is overall, but the author seems to say many of the same things you've said.

UPDATE: I also highly recommend that you read THIS POST (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1490355&postcount=5) that I wrote a few days ago. None of it is an exaggeration. In fact, I abbreviated that quite a bit over what I've written elsewhere. If they helped me that much, maybe they will help you to a fair degree. Anything is better than nothing.

intj123
22-09-2016, 04:32 AM
I want to be more like necromancer.

Must kill the rest of my empathy....muhaha.. I'm just kidding.

I'm sure empathy has it's good uses, since people seem to value it, and complain when you lack it.

Just Because
22-09-2016, 04:50 AM
I want to be more like necromancer.

Must kill the rest of my empathy....muhaha.. I'm just kidding.

I'm sure empathy has it's good uses, since people seem to value it, and complain when you lack it.
From what I have read so far at that Empath 101 site, the author is teaching empaths how to manage their empathy in a way that makes it less of a burden. As I read the author's definition of "empath," I am starting to think I might have some of it in me. It may be why all of my life I have been obsessed with living where people are friendly and outgoing instead of rude and cold. I easily sense the rudeness and coldness by just looking at people, and it wears me down terribly, to the point that I hate going out in this town if I don't have to. It's just my rotten luck that circumstances have stuck me in rude and cold area for most of the last 22 years, while large parts of my nearby home state are filled with lots of very friendly, outgoing people. I deeply regret that I will never be able to get the years back that I have lost by living here. There are no do-overs.

P.S. The vitamin supplements I mentioned in the previous post really are worth considering.

intj123
22-09-2016, 05:00 AM
From what I have read so far at that Empath 101 site, the author is teaching empaths how to manage their empathy in a way that makes it less of a burden. As I read the author's definition of "empath," I am starting to think I might have some of it in me. It may be why all of my life I have been obsessed with living where people are friendly and outgoing instead of rude and cold. I easily sense the rudeness and coldness by just looking at people, and it wears me down terribly, to the point that I hate going out in this town if I don't have to. It's just my rotten luck that circumstances have stuck me in rude and cold area for most of the last 22 years, while large parts of my nearby home state are filled with lots of very friendly, outgoing people. I deeply regret that I will never be able to get the years back that I have lost by living here. There are no do-overs.

P.S. The vitamin supplements I mentioned in the previous post really are worth considering.

Well I did read both of those links, but it didn't interest me much, sorry.
I'll just stick to eating my ice cream to make me feel good.

I think empathy is good for sensing dangerous people and avoiding them.

But hey, some of those cold rude people made your life better, like inventing transistors to make computers possible so you can communicate as you are now. The inventor or the transistor was cold and rude and racist, there is a video of him on youtube arguing with two black people and winning the argument that black people are stupid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAszZr3SkEs

Strangely enough though, my old professor who had a PHD in science and engineering was an empath.
He was also racist towards blacks. What a weird mix of traits, we didn't get along very much, but I learned a great deal from him.

Just Because
22-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Well I did read both of those links, but it didn't interest me much, sorry.
That's okay. I wasn't expecting you to like that first link just because I wanted you to. All I wanted you to do was look at it, and you did. That's way more than most people do.

As for Gaba, 5HTP and Ashwagandha, there you really are missing out on some serious relief.

I think empathy is good for sensing dangerous people and avoiding them.

But hey, some of those cold rude people made your life better, like inventing transistors to make computers possible so you can communicate as you are now.
And cheerleaders and beauty contestants are really fun to look at, but I am almost certain that, contrary to all fantasies, it would be total a nightmare living in a town full of them. I'm not saying cold, rude people, cheerleaders and beauty contestants shouldn't exist. I'm just saying that I am not compatible with them, because I get really tired of being given the cold shoulder. I simply want to live far away from them. :wink:

If it weren't for certain unavoidable (and very unfair) family obligations, I would have moved away from here at least 13 years ago.

Sarian
22-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Ah, don't sweat it Just Because! I took the test...I don't put much stock into them, do it out of boredom and sometimes curiosity...or both...I scored a 60. I thought I'd get higher because it feels like a curse hahaha..ugh.

It suits me as far as being understanding and letting others know someone deeply cares. I know far too many people who could give a rat's behind what anyone feels or is going through or has lived through. I find that pretty sad but that said, it's hard for me to shake off other people's battles, emotions, etc...

Now I went to school to become a nurse, I wanted to be a hospice nurse, I think my empathy and compassion would have been a deep comfort as a hospice nurse for those I would have been serving...but I had to leave to take care of my own dying mother and I worked, took care of her, was going through a horrible, nasty divorce...and trying to drive an hour and a half to college every night. I had to withdraw. It still bothers me but now I have no desire to finish school. So anyway, I think there are good callings for people who are empathetic...I went to college and thought wow, these people are cold and cutthroat and want to be nurses? As well as the instructors...it was a huge turn off. There were only a handful of kind people it seemed.

Good grief, I would not want to live in a town like that either...No shallow people for me.

Also, probably more than half the things I post I want to go back and delete. I feel your pain...

intj123
23-09-2016, 03:47 AM
I just took another test, which seems to have slightly different criteria, not involving animals in their questions. And it's from Berkeley.edu

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/quizzes/take_quiz/14

Your empathy score is 73 out of 110, indicating a moderate level of empathy in general.

"Our empathy quiz measures two particular dimensions of empathy. Your score suggests that you have a moderate ability to sense other people's emotions—the dimension of empathy known as “affective empathy.” This means that other people's feelings may be contagious sometimes: If they seem happy, you feel happy; if they seem afraid, you feel afraid; if they are suffering, you feel their pain. Your ability to sense others' emotional states may sometimes, though not always, make you feel more concerned about their welfare, and occasionally more likely to want to help them when they are distressed. Sometimes, however, affective empathy can increase feelings of personal distress when you encounter suffering, which can impede your ability to provide effective support.

Your score also suggests that you have a moderate ability to put yourself in others' shoes and imagine what they might be thinking or feeling—the dimension of empathy known as “cognitive empathy.” Your ability to take other people's perspectives may sometimes help you communicate and negotiate more effectively in your personal and professional relationships, and it may also make you less likely to rely on stereotypes when trying to understand others' behavior."

To hell with these tests. I just answered neutral for half of them too.
I have a high EQ, and that's a big part of empathy they say.
Just because I know how someone is feeling does not mean I'm obligated to make them feel better or take on their pain for myself. I used to be more empathic when I was younger and naive until I realized it's detrimental to my health to take on other's pain, maybe I just shield myself better now.

That test you put up seems less professional to be honest.
Hold on, let me purposely score low on this test and see if it also says I have aspergers.
Nope, they don't go that far to try to diagnose you with a mental illness if you score low. It takes a more positive constructive approach by giving advise on how to be more empathetic.
Whoever made that test you put up, obviously didn't have the empathetic skills to know how telling someone they are mentally ill would make them feel, it's not a good feeling I'll tell you that much.

https://seventhvoice.wordpress.com/2013/11/16/new-study-finds-that-individuals-with-aspergers-syndrome-dont-lack-empathy-in-fact-if-anything-they-empathize-too-much/
Hah.... new theory suggests that people with aspergers have TOO MUCH EMPATHY.
Kind of resonates with all my data, I was empathetic, until I realized it's stupid to care so much about people who care so little, of themselves and others.
Necromancer was right, it's those regular folk pointing fingers and name calling who really lack empathy, those soulless blood sucker types.

Just Because
23-09-2016, 05:27 AM
Ah, don't sweat it Just Because! I took the test...I don't put much stock into them, do it out of boredom and sometimes curiosity...or both...I scored a 60. I thought I'd get higher because it feels like a curse hahaha..ugh.
Hi, stranger! :D I thought I would get a higher score too, even with my present-day cynicism. I've stopped feeling bad since most people seem to be ignoring this thread. Normally, that wouldn't please me, but this time it does.

It suits me as far as being understanding and letting others know someone deeply cares. I know far too many people who could give a rat's behind what anyone feels or is going through or has lived through.
I've known heartless people like that. Most governments, including ours, are full of them. Sometimes, depending on the circumstances, I have to suppress my feelings for other people's problems, but only if there is nothing I can personally do for them. I've become fairly good at it. That's how I "graduated" from "training," as I wrote a few posts earlier in this thread. I'm certainly not an expert at it, though. I still have my fair share of weak moments.

Now I went to school to become a nurse, I wanted to be a hospice nurse, I think my empathy and compassion would have been a deep comfort as a hospice nurse for those I would have been serving...
With that in mind, you should have scored 100 out of 80 on that test, as well as 100 out of 80 on a test for courage. According to my highly idealized (fictional) version of an empath, I would have scored that high too; however, I wouldn't have been able to be around those dying people because of those very same empathetic feelings. It would be too, too, too difficult for me, regardless of my having read hundreds of NDEs, because I would not be able to stop imagining what they are thinking and feeling; therefore, I would have scored something like 20 out of 80 on the test for courage.

I had to leave to take care of my own dying mother and I worked, took care of her, was going through a horrible, nasty divorce...and trying to drive an hour and a half to college every night. I had to withdraw.
Wow, you definitely know what it's like for everything to fall apart all at once. Everything went wrong in my life when my dad died unexpectedly in 2002 at age 62. Almost nothing has gone right since. I hope things improved dramatically for you, at least until your present TF situation began.

I went to college and thought wow, these people are cold and cutthroat and want to be nurses? As well as the instructors...it was a huge turn off. There were only a handful of kind people it seemed.
Most of the nurses, doctors and other workers at our local hospital are some of the coldest and most apathetic people in this town. They try to pretend to be nice, but they are terrible at it. It's especially obvious when they "turn it off" like a light switch as soon as they are done with you. If you talk to them after that, they act as if you are an annoyance that shouldn't be there. I've had a lot of experience with them in the past year, due to having to take my mom there (or to the associated clinic) every so often. I really hate having to go there. Their cold, business-like, apathy drains me completely each time. The patients in the waiting room are no better. What's shocking is how dreadfully out of shape everyone is, including most of the employees!

Good grief, I would not want to live in a town like that either...No shallow people for me.
If they were shallow and friendly I could probably tolerate them, in spite of my disdain (bordering on contempt) for shallow people. But they aren't friendly.

If you would like to take another test "for fun," click here (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105837).

It's good to hear from you again and to know you are still functioning in spite of your recent (present?) circumstances.

Faith33
23-09-2016, 05:33 AM
Interesting thread and comments.
*subscribing for when I have more time to take the test*

Just Because
23-09-2016, 05:57 AM
I just took another test, which seems to have slightly different criteria, not involving animals in their questions. And it's from Berkeley.edu
I immediately recognized "Berkeley" in your link. That's one of the other tests I found that day. If I remember correctly, the questions didn't appeal to me, so I didn't even finish taking it. I will have to take it again to know for sure, but it's much too late for that now.

That test you put up seems less professional to be honest.
I guess I should have included that Berkeley test too and let people do both or choose the one the wanted to do.

Your empathy score is 73 out of 110, indicating a moderate level of empathy in general.
That's a good score!

To hell with these tests. I just answered neutral for half of them too.
I have a high EQ, and that's a big part of empathy they say.
Aw, rats! ;-) I have another one that I've been hesitant to post, even though it is about emotional intelligence, not literally empathy. It uses photographs in each question. You have to study the photos and determine which answer is most appropriate for it. It is flawed in the sense that the people in the photos are merely acting, instead of being sincere, which means the viewer can be misled in some cases, but it is still informative.

I used to be more empathic when I was younger and naive until I realized it's detrimental to my health to take on other's pain, maybe I just shield myself better now.
Sounds like we have a similar story in this case.

Hah.... new theory suggests that people with aspergers have TOO MUCH EMPATHY.
That finding sure seems familiar to me for some reason. I either read about it somewhere and forgot about it, or saw it on some TV drama.

Necromancer was right, it's those regular folk pointing fingers and name calling who really lack empathy, those soulless blood sucker types.
That sounds like the vast majority of people in the corporate media and government.

Just Because
23-09-2016, 06:01 AM
Interesting thread and comments.
*subscribing for when I have more time to take the test*
Welcome, Faith33. Just don't take it too seriously, that is unless you get a high score. :smile: At least you know I regret posting it since you have read the whole thread. That's all that matters to me. Ha. :smile: I look forward to hearing more from you.

Sarian
23-09-2016, 01:08 PM
You know for as long as I've been here, I've still not figured out how to quote someone one paragraph at a time. :redface: I think I've gotten better at shutting off some people hahaha.

I don't mean to be a stranger, I felt embarrassed for dumping on you my history lol! You're very easy to *talk* to!

I'm not good at suppressing my feelings, just ask my kids. My daughter is always saying "Calm yourself" hahaha...my younger son says "You are annoying and weird" hahaha... ugh. I don't know, with you, I admire the person you are! You graduated with high honors then. :-)

Dying is sad...watching someone full of fear because they are and families grieving but that said, the thought of helping them get through it, ease the fear of the one dying, just being there with them...I have sat with my share of people dying, including my mom...I think the one that broke my heart was a 17 year old who shot himself in the chest. I sat with him until the ambulance came. I just talked to him quietly and soothing, stroked his hair, told him how much he was loved. That was hard. His girlfriend was hysterical and screaming, I understand her pain (he killed himself because she broke up with him)...he was still alive when I ran over but he died on the way to the hospital. Anyway, it's something I really wanted to do was help ease the pain and fear for all involved.

LOL, yeah, when I went back to college I thought it would be perfect timing but it wasn't...everything fell apart at once. I'm sorry about your dad..that's so sad..62 is young! What all went wrong in your life? Just remember that cheesy saying "today is the first day of the rest of your life" I fall many times but keep getting back up and really, things do get better. Yours will too.

Oh gosh, yes, I must have lived under a rock because I thought nurses were probably the most compassionate people ...until I had to deal with them personally with having to go to hospitals, deal with family in hospitals...and then go to a nursing college:icon_eek: Holy cow...I asked many why they were wanting to become a nurse or were...#1 answer Job Security. I can understand that but wow...and they talk about patients, make fun of them. So much for HIPPAA laws....

When my mom was dying, I had to get in their faces right back at them. And with my dad and his strokes. I don't take the ** they give. I remember last year my dad had a very bad stroke...they kept sloughing him off. 3 hours later a nurse came in again and said "I'll be back in a minute" I said now is that your 1 hour minute or 3 hour minute???" She looked at me and came back in about 10 minutes with a doctor finally. I realize they are busy but when I see them chatting it up and laughing in the hallway uh, no, do your jobs!

HAhahaha...I took that test "for fun' I scored a 91! Did you take it? What'd you get? I never believed in things like indigos and what not. I often wonder where they come up with those things...maybe I should hang out on that forum lol! I'll have to go read up on what it said. I know it stated if you got over a 60 you were an indigo and I got 91 out of 100 hahahaha!

Yes, I'm functioning okay. The man is driving me nuts...he broke up with me and can't let go hahahaha...

Keep in touch!

If you would like to take another test "for fun," click here (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105837).

It's good to hear from you again and to know you are still functioning in spite of your recent (present?) circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Just Because
23-09-2016, 04:23 PM
:icon_exclaim: Long Post Alert! :icon_exclaim:

You know for as long as I've been here, I've still not figured out how to quote someone one paragraph at a time. :redface: I think I've gotten better at shutting off some people hahaha.
It's not very convenient, but it is easy. I am going to have to use curly brackets { } in my sample below instead of regular brackets [ ], because I don't want to inadvertently create any quotes. After you click the "Quote" button on someones post, you will see {QUOTE=Jane Doe} at the beginning of the quote. At the end you will see {/QUOTE}. I just repeatedly copy and paste those bracketed words and…, well…, here is a sample:

{QUOTE=Jane Doe}I was, like, you know, reading stuff on my iPhone last night, and now I think I'm, like, you know, spiritual or something.. Wuzz up? Help!{/QUOTE}
Could you be a bit more specific?

{QUOTE=Jane Doe}I had this intense desire for this pizza-delivery guy. It was super unreal.{/QUOTE}
Do you think he's your twin flame?

{QUOTE=Jane Doe}He, like, felt the same way about me.. I'm sure, cuz he said "wuzz up" to me twice.{/QUOTE}
I guess you're just going to have to keep ordering pizzas until he gets the hint.

I don't mean to be a stranger, I felt embarrassed for dumping on you my history lol!
I suspected you would be feeling that way. I was going to tell you more than once not to let it bother you, but then I thought that maybe one or more of my suggestions might have been too much for you, so I didn't want to put you on the spot.

You're very easy to *talk* to!
Thank you. When I was in high school and college, various classmates used to say that to me all the time. Even a few who didn't particularly like me would say, "I don't know why I'm telling you this. I never tell it to anyone." They would then add, "For some reason, you are just very easy to confide in." With a few rare exceptions, I lost that appeal after college. I enjoyed it while it lasted. ;-)

I'm not good at suppressing my feelings…
For me, it depends on what type of feelings I am trying to suppress and how intense the situations is. I'm very good at suppressing most feelings and terrible at suppressing a few others. Or at least that's how it used to be. In the old days, if it was intense, I was terrible at suppressing myself. I would talk or write people to death on the subject. My last really intense situation was with a psychologically and emotionally damaged woman. I talked about that WAY TOO MUCH. That was the last time I ever did it.

My daughter is always saying "Calm yourself" hahaha...my younger son says "You are annoying and weird" hahaha... ugh.
They sound very typical in that particular regard. ;-)

Dying is sad...watching someone full of fear because they are and families grieving but that said, the thought of helping them get through it, ease the fear of the one dying, just being there with them...I have sat with my share of people dying, including my mom...
I had to sit with my dad during those last three days. It was the most intensely miserable situation ever. He didn't want to show those types of emotions, and neither did I, but we both probably knew what the other was thinking. My body felt as if it was in a tightly wound industrial vice the entire time, as I successfully (but barely) maintained myself the entire time in front of a houseful of relatives and friends (at his ranch home, because he didn't want to be in a hospital), most of whom weren't able to contain themselves. I had too many last-minute legal things to do that he hadn't done. I had to keep on doing everything after he passed away. I got some help, but not much. I was the least likely candidate of the bunch for such stuff, but I did all of it without a hitch, even with Friday 5:00 PM fast approaching.
I think the one that broke my heart was a 17 year old…
Aaaaack!!!!!!! How on earth did you end up in such a nightmare situation? That's only a rhetorical question. You don't have to answer it. I can't imagine having been in your shoes.

Just remember that cheesy saying "today is the first day of the rest of your life"
In a similar vein, one might say, "This is the first domino in a long line of dominoes, and each one is impacted by the one immediately preceding it when the preceding one falls." :biggrin:

I fall many times but keep getting back up and really, things do get better. Yours will too.
Thank you, sincerely, but I remain very skeptical (and, no, thinking that way doesn't create a self-fulfilling prophecy :biggrin:).

I realize they are busy but when I see them chatting it up and laughing in the hallway uh, no, do your jobs!
I saw massive amounts of that, too. I was greeted by one really kind-hearted woman at a reception desk. She seemed sincerely kind hearted, which almost always means they moved here from somewhere else (I've asked that question of truly friendly people many times, and I always received an affirmative answer). She was the only exception. I enjoyed her kindness so much that I avoided her on my return walk because I didn't want to see if it had all been an act, as it was with almost every other woman in this area. I wanted to preserve that nice memory of my one encounter with her.

HAhahaha...I took that test "for fun' I scored a 91! Did you take it? What'd you get?
I suggested that you should take it because I was sure you would get a high score. Yes, I took it and got a measly 78 out of 100. I mention that in the original post, but, as usual, it's kind of hidden by my excessive wordiness.

I never believed in things like indigos and what not. I often wonder where they come up with those things...
If I hadn't read those lists of attributes and how closely most of them fit me, I would have attributed such flowery stuff to some la-la-land writer at Teen Magazine. That may still be true, but those attributes and some of the people who believe in this stuff makes me give it a fair amount of credence, in spite of the cutesy names.

he broke up with me and can't let go hahahaha...
That is exactly what happened to me to the first time. When I finally discovered beyond a doubt that she couldn't let go of me, a significant amount of my desperation snapped, and I was finally able to let go of her, because I knew she couldn't let go of me.

Sarian
23-09-2016, 07:07 PM
I responded to you in a p.m. JB so to not bore others hahaha.

Faith33
24-09-2016, 06:11 AM
Well, I scored a 69....
Now I see that Sarian has posted a new link and just curious to see how their questions are constructed.... I don't like the fact that underneath my score was the implication that I would have scored higher, having been more empathic?!
Haha.... I am under the impression that they are looking for needles in a haystack, implying that no matter what, an underlying issue IS present.
Passing out medication like candy these days...all boiling down to how much money pharmaceutical companies can rake in.... knowing they are turning people into zombies...
Luckily, doctors here won't even prescribe antibiotics unless they feel it's absolutely necessary.

I do realise I'm off topic here.

Just Because
24-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Well, I scored a 69....
Yes, please don't take it seriously! I really wish I could erase that link.

Now I see that Sarian has posted a new link and just curious to see how their questions are constructed....
I think you might mean intj123.

I don't like the fact that underneath my score was the implication that I would have scored higher, having been more empathic?!
Haha.... I am under the impression that they are looking for needles in a haystack, implying that no matter what, an underlying issue IS present.
Passing out medication like candy these days...all boiling down to how much money pharmaceutical companies can rake in.... knowing they are turning people into zombies...
Luckily, doctors here won't even prescribe antibiotics unless they feel it's absolutely necessary.

I do realise I'm off topic here.
That was all really well said. You aren't off topic at all. Did you see my link to the article, The Lying Liars Who Lie About Psychiatry (https://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/05/jon-rappoport/the-lying-liars-who-lie-about-psychiatry/), in Post #4? So, no, you aren't off topic at all. I am convinced that lots of people here are far more empathetic, in a real-world way, than these psychiatric tests would have us believe.