PDA

View Full Version : Slowing your world down.. It can be slowed down yano..

jorddy
08-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone :)

When I was younger, I would spend much time in the woods climbing trees... But since then and before this summer, I really hadn't spent much time around nature.

Only until my life became EXTREMELY hectic for me - so stressful - did I decide that I would go outside for walks to relax and cool off.. In my mind, I thought "hey, maybe going through the nature trail near me would let me just forget about everything, yano, de-stress a bit.

And as I have been doing this - for the past 3 or so months so, I have learn a humongous lesson.. I have learned why going through this trail everyday has been so important for my sanity and inner development...

The trail allows me to focus on all the noises around me.. The wind, all the insects and reptiles, the water.. It allows me to focus on so many visuals - the different colors of the leaves, the different shades of grey from being under different branches.. The different ripples on the water within different parts of the river.. It allows me to focus on so many smells - of the different trees, dirt, leaves, water, ect.

There are SOOO MANY different little accents that I have grown to focus in on.. And I realize that doing this was the key to calming myself down.. And I realize now, that doing this has had many more lasting impacts THROUGHOUT my life.. Namely, I pay attention to many more small details than I have ever in my whole life.. I am much more focused on each one of my actions, on each one of the things that happens around me.

And when you are more keyed in and focused on the depth of everything around you, something crazy happens.. Time slows down :)

Each second is chalk-full of tremendous amounts of input that you are now digging further into.. And as you dig further into them, you realize many more things within every moment. Every moment is full of life..

And as you do this, as time slows and each moment becomes longer and filled with more detail, you become less. You become less a part of yourself and more a part of the world that your consciousness is immersed within... Every moment with each signpost becomes a blessing.. You stop running through your life looking for solutions to your various inner problems and begin to see that all of the solutions are right in front of you.. That the world you perceive - EVERYTHING IN IT - is truly a reflection of yourself.. A solution to a problem you didn't even realize.. But it's externalized, so you can realize it :)

ocean breeze
08-09-2016, 02:07 AM
slow, fast, i enjoy all paces. :smile:

jorddy
08-09-2016, 03:32 AM
slow, fast, i enjoy all paces. :smile:

I much rather it slow. :)
Just because it's slow doesn't mean that it's calm.
Interestingly, slow just means that you are immersed within more of an experience because your threshold of observation is large.

When I'm in the gym, time is going slow, and I fall into a deep trance of ferociousness. I literally think of that word and feel it surround me from inside. I feel my body shift gears, I feel the energy around me shift gear, I feel the energy circuits within my body shift energy patterns..

Or say i'm reading a book - time goes much slower because I analyze what it is that i'm reading and then I critically think about it, and then connect it to the different conceptual gears that I have within my brain and fill in new gaps that I hadn't realized where there :)

Or of course, when I'm walking through the nature trail, and I stand there, with my one ear pointed towards a particular cricket with a beautiful hum.. I sit there and listen to the different depths of tones that it sings as it goes through the waves of singing. Pausing in between. And at first, not sure if I'm a predator, only to realize that I'm just a spectator.

Seriously, today, I stood next to a cricket that was singing.. Then it got quiet because it didn't know what I was doing.. Then I turned my ear to it and it started singing for me, and each time it paused it would go for a longer stretch, and I would get used to more of it's different harmonies.

.. If you're living fast, than you're missing all the beautiful little intricacies that are within and without you!!!

ocean breeze
08-09-2016, 05:02 AM
I much rather it slow. :)

well yeah, we all have our preferences.

Interestingly, slow just means that you are immersed within more of an experience because your threshold of observation is large.

For you it does. For me slow and fast has more to do with the pace in which everything feels its moving to me. But who cares to argue over meaning. Right???

jorddy
08-09-2016, 05:19 AM
Hehe, i'm an arguer by heart because that's how I learn where I am wrong.

For example, thinking about what you just said in response - yes going faster does suit some situations.. Situations that do not need to be analyzed.