PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock

AlexDF
29-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Woodstock,

last week when at YouTube watched a vid about the Woodstock music festival

I realized that in 2 years it will be 50 years ago Woodstock happened

50 years wow that long ago a life time , I remember watching Woodstock on t.v.

in 1989 it does not seem long ago when I think of it , it was than the 2nd summer of love

I did not know it at the time in words but could feel it for sure , I was watching it

with friends , fellow students at the university some studied economics others law

where are they now ? and what has become of them ? have they since learned

the are beings with an eternal life incarnated on earth for what ever reason ?

I seriously doubt it , why were they watching Woodstock on t.v. than with me in 1989

when it was aired again cos it was 20 yeas ago ! do they need to know they are souls

created out of divine light that create a reality as we all do ? no they don't need

to know is my thought , if they want to sure than maybe . but what if all is not well ? and you get ill

or other problems arise ? all seems to fall back on creating your own reality and

having made a choice that was not the best and it had that result you don't like

so many years passed so many learned so much ,,, freedom to create is a strange thing

well worth learning what results are it seems to me :-) since every one creates his reality all the time

or takes part in joint creations and learns about them and is part of them for what ever reason or the other

and so life's pass , friends are lost , some died some no idea where they are .. lol next year the 1st summer

of love happened 50 years ago ,, yup and 3th summer of love the one that never goes away again .. any takers for that ?

I remember when that started . not sure who all joined in , should I care ? I know some did :-)

much love and light to all

in case you wonder no I am not a Hippy never was just a soul like every one else

but I would have been had I been that age 20 years earlier :-)

linen53
29-08-2016, 01:39 PM
The whole 60's and 70's era was all about stopping the world on it's axis and changing things. Our society was so governed by rules before then. Regimented. And the young generation, the ones just coming into adulthood decided to get off the merry-go-round and do their own thing.

I wasn't one of the ones who went off to Woodstock or a Commune (tho they were plentiful where I lived) or Haight Ashbury where so many gravitated, but I was part of the counter-culture. It was a wonderful time to be alive. To blend in to the differences from our parents, grandparents and great grandparents.

Now I watch young people talk of the 70's and they just don't get it right. They think of big sunglasses and loud prints, bell bottom pants and large hoop earrings. But the 60's and 70's weren't about what was on the outside. It was what was going on in our minds. A time of freedom from our past and a time for change.

Were are they now? Most have blended into society but there is still that tiny little rebellious spark in their hearts that remembers, on occasion, what it was like to be young and free.

AlexDF
29-08-2016, 03:21 PM
The whole 60's and 70's era was all about stopping the world on it's axis and changing things. Our society was so governed by rules before then. Regimented. And the young generation, the ones just coming into adulthood decided to get off the merry-go-round and do their own thing.

I wasn't one of the ones who went off to Woodstock or a Commune (tho they were plentiful where I lived) or Haight Ashbury where so many gravitated, but I was part of the counter-culture. It was a wonderful time to be alive. To blend in to the differences from our parents, grandparents and great grandparents.

Now I watch young people talk of the 70's and they just don't get it right. They think of big sunglasses and loud prints, bell bottom pants and large hoop earrings. But the 60's and 70's weren't about what was on the outside. It was what was going on in our minds. A time of freedom from our past and a time for change.

Were are they now? Most have blended into society but there is still that tiny little rebellious spark in their hearts that remembers, on occasion, what it was like to be young and free.

thanks for this nice posting :-)

Miss Hepburn
29-08-2016, 03:34 PM
I can't talk about it.

It just reminds me of Mary Beth and I showing up and being told..."They left, the car got full and they left." :icon_frown:
What? Darn teenagers...no honor.
So, I didn't go...instead we drove to the Newport Jazz Festival instead that summer,
crossing state lines under age.

I still can't believe it...no honor...plans are plans...we meet at 10:00
and we take off, sharing gas.
Hmm, I think it formed my idea, that you can't trust people...
they change on a dime.

AlexDF
29-08-2016, 04:42 PM
I can't talk about it.

It just reminds me of Mary Beth and I showing up and being told..."They left, the car got full and they left." :icon_frown:
What? Darn teenagers...no honor.
So, I didn't go...instead we drove to the Newport Jazz Festival instead that summer,
crossing state lines under age.

I still can't believe it...no honor...plans are plans...we meet at 10:00
and we take off, sharing gas.
Hmm, I think it formed my idea, that you can't trust people...
they change on a dime.

well your here now :-)

its not he music you listen to , but how you do it :-)

AlexDF
30-08-2016, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Lc1wQYuMM

the video that goes well with this :-)

much love and light to all