PDA

View Full Version : Some lessons I learned today.

jorddy
23-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Sometimes..
You feel like you really need something.. And because you don't have it, you become really fixated on it...
Then, once you finally get it, you are overcome with the realization that you never needed it.

As well.. Sometimes,
Everything that doesn't matter is taken away from you to remind you of what really does matter.

And also.. Sometimes,
You are put in a really hard place to realize what is most important to you and how important you are to everyone around you.

naturesflow
23-08-2016, 05:37 AM
Sometimes..
You feel like you really need something.. And because you don't have it, you become really fixated on it...
Then, once you finally get it, you are overcome with the realization that you never needed it.

As well.. Sometimes,
Everything that doesn't matter is taken away from you to remind you of what really does matter.

And also.. Sometimes,
You are put in a really hard place to realize what is most important to you and how important you are to everyone around you.

Yes.
Life and self learning together.

Hong-Sau
23-08-2016, 06:14 AM
You have learned something really useful which should lead you to to the next big truth which is not that life throws you in these situations but you make them for yourself.
But by this I do not mean that your ego creates the situations or puts you under these circumstances. :P

A human Being
23-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Sometimes..
I was thinking about this yesterday, how our tendency is to convince ourselves that if we have this or that, that we'll finally be happy. But then, as you say, once we've attained the object of our desire, we usually find that the satisfaction dissipates pretty quickly, and that we're back to wanting again... and yet we never seem to learn, do we? Instead, we fixate on the next thing, sure that that will solve all our problems.

So I think it's far more useful to focus on the wanting itself, and not, as is our tendency, on the object of our desire.

shoni7510
23-08-2016, 01:20 PM
You have learnt some really useful lesson and thee things we want the most is usually not the thing we need

jorddy
23-08-2016, 07:53 PM
@Naturesflow:

Exactly :) Life and self-learning together. Introspection for the win. Without it, you're living on the wrong side of things :)

@ Hong-Sau:

Going along with what you said, I believe the following:

Your subconscious actions do lead to circumstances, where you regain consciousness of those subconscious actions and sometimes even the underlying beliefs that caused those subconscious actions that caused the circumstance...

I also believe that we are put through challenges by God (they seem as if they were randomly displayed upon you, though they really weren't)

@ A Human Being:

I completely agree :) Focusing on the wanting self rather than how that wanting self manifests itself into the physical realm.

Some examples:
I want to find a lover whom I can spend my time with and I can love - This can be a physical manifestation of the subconscious because the belief I hold is that I do not have adequate love for myself so I need to find some outside of myself to validate my love.

I want to be like guy X because he has characteristics a,b,c. Rather than focusing on gaining those qualities, I idolize guy X and do anything I can to appease him.

I do not think I have enough good qualities for a girl to enjoy, so I long for a fancy car and fancy clothes with tons of money to spoil a girl so that I am enough of a catch. - Rather than getting better at those qualities or underlying where the idea of "I am not enough" is coming from.

@ Shoni:

Yep. The physical reality.

Lorelyen
23-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Sometimes..

As well.. Sometimes,

And also.. Sometimes,

I believe that coming to terms with these happen early in one's spiritual development.
Until one values one's relations with the materialist culture westerners are
born into they'll always remain chained to the mundane. It's sometimes difficult
and mistakes happen but it's important to distinguish what you really need from what you'd like to have.
Doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed occasional cravings or acquisitions
that you later realise were duff / frivolous as long as you're honest with yourself! You have
to be in control. Don't get conned by the seductive stuff of commercial ads.

As to how important you are to everyone around you, doesn't that depend on what you're ready to contribute to or exchange with them?

BlueSky
23-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Sometimes..

As well.. Sometimes,

And also.. Sometimes,
I see that you are a young man and what's really cool about what you shared for me goes beyond what you actually learned. For me what stands out is that you are open to learning. I can't wait to see you 20 years from now. Blessings and thanks for sharing.

XalosJuryin
23-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Sometimes..

As well.. Sometimes,

And also.. Sometimes,

As I read what you wrote, I thought about Minimalism. I like minimalism because its when we value important things and get rid of the "clutter" – the unnecessary or even bad things.

This involves getting rid of all the material things that you have stored which you know you will never use again. I did that last year; I de-cluttered my room and it felt SO amazing. It gives you a feeling of "Moving on". It involved reminding myself of the important things while putting away the unnecessary.

Realizing what you need it also a path to Love, I believe. The more you get rid of – mental or material wise – the more space you will have in your heart and mind to Love things and people.

Jared.L
28-10-2016, 09:37 AM
Yes, that it life....we have our own challenges....

jorddy
29-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Hey Self :) I appreciate your kind words!