PDA

View Full Version : The Author and His Book

Oneness
21-08-2016, 06:15 PM
I wrote this not long ago to express my own experience, but I hope it can resonate with others to be a gentle reminder that have forgotten their true home, for those who are struggling with hard times and need hope, or for any reason this may call to you. The deepest desire I have is eternal peace for all beings. Love - Oneness

The Author and His Book

The author writes an autobiography. He takes no breaks, no time off, and writes 24/7. Because of this, he is able to write down every single experience that happens to him while it is happening.

For a time, the author becomes so invested in his work that he forgets he is the one writing the book. The thoughts and emotions he writes down during this time repeat themselves. There are times he briefly remembers that he is the one writing, but that doesn’t stop him from becoming lost again in his story.

After writing for countless years, and by some act of Grace, he is able to stop writing for a moment. Somehow, the book continues to be written. During this time, he fully remembers that he is the author and not the book being written. Immense love, joy, and peace arise within him because he no longer has to suffer the struggles of the story that has already been written. The weight of the story was released in knowing himself as the author. He then observes the book writing itself.

After observing for some time he gets pulled back into his story, but this time he can never forget that he is the author. Every experience that gets written down in the book leaves no stain on the author, although every experience happens to him. He continues to read about heartbreaks, tragedy, sadness, and frustration, but he experiences great peace while reading. This peace comes from knowing he is the author of the book, and that although he is reading about himself - it is only a story.

jim78
21-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Thats a nice analogy Oneness. I believe we coauthor the book however...what with guides...soul contracts etc.

Jyotir
21-08-2016, 06:27 PM
...he begins to dedicate his life to God and slowly realizes that the book - his 'autobiography' is now actually being written by God...he realizes it's not a story, but a manifested dream of God.

Oneness
21-08-2016, 07:32 PM
I understand where you are coming from Jyotir, but I think it's important to remember these are all just words pointing to what cannot be said in complete accuracy. From my own experience I can say with conviction that the "author" and God are one in the same, the same being. God's will and your will are the same will because it is You. It is no longer an imagined identity of the mind thinking it is the one writing the story, and instead the Divine will that was there all along and yet it is your own will. Love - 1

Jyotir
21-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Of course, Oneness, and no problem.

Just riffing on your OP without editing my own story.

~ J

running
22-08-2016, 12:51 AM
I wrote this not long ago to express my own experience, but I hope it can resonate with others to be a gentle reminder that have forgotten their true home, for those who are struggling with hard times and need hope, or for any reason this may call to you. The deepest desire I have is eternal peace for all beings. Love - Oneness

The Author and His Book

The author writes an autobiography. He takes no breaks, no time off, and writes 24/7. Because of this, he is able to write down every single experience that happens to him while it is happening.

For a time, the author becomes so invested in his work that he forgets he is the one writing the book. The thoughts and emotions he writes down during this time repeat themselves. There are times he briefly remembers that he is the one writing, but that doesn’t stop him from becoming lost again in his story.

After writing for countless years, and by some act of Grace, he is able to stop writing for a moment. Somehow, the book continues to be written. During this time, he fully remembers that he is the author and not the book being written. Immense love, joy, and peace arise within him because he no longer has to suffer the struggles of the story that has already been written. The weight of the story was released in knowing himself as the author. He then observes the book writing itself.

After observing for some time he gets pulled back into his story, but this time he can never forget that he is the author. Every experience that gets written down in the book leaves no stain on the author, although every experience happens to him. He continues to read about heartbreaks, tragedy, sadness, and frustration, but he experiences great peace while reading. This peace comes from knowing he is the author of the book, and that although he is reading about himself - it is only a story.

Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing

Hong-Sau
22-08-2016, 07:22 AM
That's one of the best ways to explain part of the realisation process and you have a gift to write don't stop.

peteyzen
22-08-2016, 10:33 AM
love everyones` comments here and agree wholeheartedly, thanks for sharing

Lorelyen
22-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Most of the people I've met on this forum are their own holy book.

Just the small matter of having too little time to write it up.

Hong-Sau
22-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Most of the people I've met on this forum are their own holy book.

Just the small matter of having too little time to write it up.

I only disagree on the term "most" because all are, some just not realised enough. Other then that I would like to say that you've put it beautifully and there's no better way to explain it. :)