PDA

View Full Version : Travelling Through Life

magonia
19-08-2016, 09:24 PM
As you get older you do ponder on your life and the decisions you have made, also you look around at others and their lives and wonder how yours has effected theirs, and wonder is there a purpose to all this.

We all have sorrow, we all have regrets , we all have happy moments in our lives, but there are occasions when you do not know what direction you are going and just go with it for it seems sometimes that we are not in control of our own destiny. Those moments can be uneasy and dramatic and some turmoil may rise its head, but the journey continues...some times travelling in the dark for you do not know where you are going to end up at.

shoni7510
20-08-2016, 10:40 AM
And sometimes it feels like you have lost the script without any idea if you will find it again and you just have to improvise...

John32241
20-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Hi,

Actually traveling in the dark is the best way to go. The logical brain is ill equipped to appreciate the greater reality and those blessings.

It is very hard to logically trust in love. However when you cultivate heart centered thinking, using compassion for self and others, then wisdom can start to creep into your awareness.

Life is about love and not some obscure destination.

John

TarunP
20-08-2016, 10:10 PM
..... it seems sometimes that we are not in control of our own destiny.

Its a familiar feeling :biggrin:
It's felt because its the Ego (the separate "self", a mental process) that is getting totally confused by what is happening. It is beyond ego's comprehension, who's job is merely to keep us alive in a preprogrammed fashion. Ego "thinks", has a belief, that there is a destiny and it is in control.

Once you shift your attention from ego to the Self (the "true self", consciousness, soul) the confusion is no longer there. The fear is gone. Events are seen as just experiences, happenings that come and go. Its very peaceful...

RedEmbers
20-08-2016, 10:41 PM
"Go with the flow"
"One step at a time"

one of the joys of not having much of a plan is that their is freedom to explore many enriching paths which you may not have conciously chosen for yourself.

This style of living also forces us to learn to trust in ourselves and trust the process.

I think that often I resemble the fool in the tarot deck - I very rarely know where I am going and am often innthe dark sometimes I may even be about to step off the edge of a cliff! Yet somehow I continue to trust :smile:

If I accidently step off the cliff I may discover that I can fly.

BlueSky
21-08-2016, 01:09 AM
Its a familiar feeling :biggrin:
It's felt because its the Ego (the separate "self", a mental process) that is getting totally confused by what is happening. It is beyond ego's comprehension, who's job is merely to keep us alive in a preprogrammed fashion. Ego "thinks", has a belief, that there is a destiny and it is in control.

Once you shift your attention from ego to the Self (the "true self", consciousness, soul) the confusion is no longer there. The fear is gone. Events are seen as just experiences, happenings that come and go. Its very peaceful...
That was very nice......

keokutah
21-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Well, I'm not sure about the getting older thing, because I was philosophical as soon as I was born it seemed. But anyways this reminded me of an old song from KoRn.

Beating the fall I can't help but desire of
Falling down this time
Deep in this hole of my making I can't escape
Falling all this time
We come to this place!
Falling through time!
Living a hollow life!
Always we're taking!
Waiting for signs!
Hollow lives!
Fearing to fall and still the ground below me calls
Falling down this time
Ripping apart all these things I have tried to stop
Falling all this time
We come to this place!
Falling through time!
Living a hollow life!
Always we're taking!
Waiting for signs!
Hollow lives!
Is there ever any wonder
Why we look to the sky?
Search in vain?
Asking why?
All alone?
Where is God?
Looking down?
We don’t know!
We fall in space
We can't look down
Death may come
Peace I have found
What to say?
Am I alive?
Am I asleep?
Or have I died?
We…

Starman
21-08-2016, 04:35 AM
It does feel like we are traveling through life but actually it is life which is traveling through us; the world turns and we call it a day, the Earth travels around the sun and we call it a year; everything in this physical universe is in motion, but us, our true deeper selves is motionless.

This is why it has been said “be still and know that I am God,” because at our core there is incredible stillness. That is why the core of our being is such a rock solid steady foundation; unlike everything else it is the most reliable and stable of all things.

We look around at the outside world which is in motion and we think we are traveling through it when actually it is traveling through us; just as the energy of life travels through us. We can try to hold on as it travels through us but best to just let go and let it flow. We are transparent beings taking on the hue of that which we hold on to. The journey is one of adapting to changing scenes as they come into view.:smile:

RedEmbers
21-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Well, I'm not sure about the getting older thing, because I was philosophical as soon as I was born it seemed. But anyways this reminded me of an old song from KoRn.

Beating the fall I can't help but desire of
Falling down this time
Deep in this hole of my making I can't escape
Falling all this time
We come to this place!
Falling through time!
Living a hollow life!
Always we're taking!
Waiting for signs!
Hollow lives!
Fearing to fall and still the ground below me calls
Falling down this time
Ripping apart all these things I have tried to stop
Falling all this time
We come to this place!
Falling through time!
Living a hollow life!
Always we're taking!
Waiting for signs!
Hollow lives!
Is there ever any wonder
Why we look to the sky?
Search in vain?
Asking why?
All alone?
Where is God?
Looking down?
We don’t know!
We fall in space
We can't look down
Death may come
Peace I have found
What to say?
Am I alive?
Am I asleep?
Or have I died?
We…

Noice! I an older gen "Y"er... KoRn is aweome!

BlueSky
21-08-2016, 12:26 PM
It does feel like we are traveling through life but actually it is life which is traveling through us; the world turns and we call it a day, the Earth travels around the sun and we call it a year; everything in this physical universe is in motion, but us, our true deeper selves is motionless.

This is why it has been said “be still and know that I am God,” because at our core there is incredible stillness. That is why the core of our being is such a rock solid steady foundation; unlike everything else it is the most reliable and stable of all things.

We look around at the outside world which is in motion and we think we are traveling through it when actually it is traveling through us; just as the energy of life travels through us. We can try to hold on as it travels through us but best to just let go and let it flow. We are transparent beings taking on the hue of that which we hold on to. The journey is one of adapting to changing scenes as they come into view.:smile:
Very nice but I'm curious, do you consider it going with the flow to let's say take an aspirin when you have a headache or let's say getting chemo when your told you have cancer?

Starman
21-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Very nice but I'm curious, do you consider it going with the flow to let's say take an aspirin when you have a headache or let's say getting chemo when your told you have cancer?
In my opinion going with the flow has nothing to do with what a person may think; it is more of a feeling than it is a reasoning. There are lots of different methods of healing available to us. Ayurvedic medicine is used worldwide but it is not the primary choice for most Americans; so it is our societal conditioning which may tell us to take an aspirin or get chemo if diagnosed with cancer.

Personally if I were diagnosed with cancer I would get a second or third opinion and shop around for various treatment methods, and in the process, if I am in the flow, something will show itself to me as the thing to do. As far as headaches are concerned; any physical discomfort I may have can instantly be removed simply by asking my deeper being to remove it. I have been meditating on inner silence for more than 40-years and have developed an awesome relationship with my deeper being.

Keeping in mind that if I get cancer an it is incurable then maybe it is my time to let go of this body and let it die.
The journey of human life is here to prepare us for the journey beyond human life.:smile:

BlueSky
21-08-2016, 04:43 PM
In my opinion going with the flow has nothing to do with what a person may think; it is more of a feeling than it is a reasoning. There are lots of different methods of healing available to us. Ayurvedic medicine is used worldwide but it is not the primary choice for most Americans; so it is our societal conditioning which may tell us to take an aspirin or get chemo if diagnosed with cancer.

Personally if I were diagnosed with cancer I would get a second or third opinion and shop around for various treatment methods, and in the process, if I am in the flow, something will show itself to me as the thing to do. As far as headaches are concerned; any physical discomfort I may have can instantly be removed simply by asking my deeper being to remove it. I have been meditating on inner silence for more than 40-years and have developed an awesome relationship with my deeper being.

Keeping in mind that if I get cancer an it is incurable then maybe it is my time to let go of this body and let it die.
The journey of human life is here to prepare us for the journey beyond human life.:smile:
Cool, thanks for sharing.

Jyotir
21-08-2016, 07:17 PM
As you get older you do ponder on your life and the decisions you have made, also you look around at others and their lives and wonder how yours has effected theirs, and wonder is there a purpose to all this.

We all have sorrow, we all have regrets , we all have happy moments in our lives, but there are occasions when you do not know what direction you are going and just go with it for it seems sometimes that we are not in control of our own destiny. Those moments can be uneasy and dramatic and some turmoil may rise its head, but the journey continues...some times travelling in the dark for you do not know where you are going to end up at.
Hi magonia,

Agreed...

This is how intuition is developed. Moving forward without 'knowing' or being 'in control'. Someone or Something does know the bigger picture, and 'the journey' is in becoming aware of That. That is the purpose.

~ J