PDA

View Full Version : Things Out of Place/Different?

Zumorito
14-08-2016, 12:42 AM
...Anyone else notice little things..."changing" sometimes. I'm not really sure how to describe it. I started noticing it more a few weeks ago when I noticed there was a perfectly round, circular hole in the screen over my bedroom window. There weren't any rip marks or burn marks or anything; it was just a perfectly round section that simply wasn't there anymore. At first I was thinking maybe some kind of bug or small animal had chewed through it, but I'd of thought there'd be some kinda of signs from teeth and claws, and didn't think that they'd chew it into a perfect circle.

But yeah...after that, I noticed weird things starting to happen. Usually something being misplaced, but there's been some other things too.

I'll step out for a sec to go roll cigarettes or grab a bite to eat, and upon coming back I'll realize that some little object has been moved from where I originally left it, sometimes not that much, other times it was really obvious. I have OCD too, so I knew upfront that I wasn't simply mistaken where I put something; I'm super meticulous about things being even, counting things, keeping the floor clean, and making sure things are aligned correctly. I simply wouldn't take my light off the night stand and put it in the middle of my bedroom floor for example; that was one of the more extreme incidents I can recall.

And...then there's the next thing; things "changing". Like my pencil's eraser being full one second and the next second and half empty, and I didn't even go anywhere and I know I hadn't used it. Or ISBN numbers somehow changing in books (I'm OCD about reading too; I read books front to back cover to cover completely, including the copyright information and the ISBN numbers). The most extreme "change" I experienced was coming up and finding my walkman was silver instead of black.

Last but definitely not least, there's been a couple incidents where I noticed certain objects have...duplicated/replicated themselves. The incident of this that stands out the most for me was when I was getting a bowl of cereal. I went to the pantry, got the cereal, went over to the cupboard with the dishes, poured it as usual, put the cereal back in the pantry, (I retraced my steps over and over trying to figure it out), stepped over to the fridge, looked for some milk, saw one jug of milk, grabbed the milk, and I would have closed the door but the light in the fridge went out, so I set the milk on the counter and went to see if maybe the bulb was loose; wasn't turning but I jiggled it a little and it turned back on. Closed the fridge, grabbed the milk off the counter, went to the bowl of cereal, I poured the milk, having not set it down after I last picked it up, went to back to the fridge put the milk away, closed the fridge and then walked back to the countertop with my bowl of cereal on it....and next to the bowl of cereal there was now a jug of milk.

I stopped in my tracks trying to figure it out, got freaked out for a sec that I suddenly wasn't alone in the house as I'd thought, so I did a full sweep and didn't find anything. I grabbed the new jug of milk off the counter and put it in the fridge, taking careful note that the last jug of milk I had just put in the fridge was still there. It was. So yeah...I had my cereal and it tasted fine but I was weirded out the rest of the day.

Two possibilities come to mind...both are pretty slim to my rational brain.

Possibility 1: Time Travel. Somethinhg happened somewhere or sometime, and it some how messed up the space/time continuum and we should all be very worried.

Possibility 2: There's faeries in my house and they're toying with me, which would be my first encounter I'm proud to say (a lot of weird stuff has happened to me, so when someone talks about something even weirder I always kinda give myself a little pat on the back and feel more "normal" lol. But yeah, I don't know much of anything about faeries at all, not sure if they're real or just a made up thing or if they're aliens or what, but when that perfectly round hole popped up in my window screen I arrived at the inescapable conclusion that something had gone out my window...or that something had come in.

And then of course there's the third possibility haha.

Possibility 3: The years of trauma and abuse have finally caught up with me; I'm showing my very first signs of Schizophrenia and I should consider going to the Hospital immediately.

So yeah.....Not sure what to think or do about this or if I should just try to ignore it and hope it goes away. :confused:

Ciona
14-08-2016, 03:01 AM
There is another physical/psychological explanation besides #3 Schizophrenia, which is disassociative identity disorder. Which would explain the change in the color of your walkman, if your alter self prefers silver instead of black. Or a second jug of milk if your alter self went to the grocery store.

People with DID can be just as OCD as anyone if that's how their conscious personality manifests. Also, the conscious personality "knows" if it hasn't gone anywhere or done something, because technically it didn't. DID can be caused by severe trauma.

The other not great option is that a stalker is messing with you. Do you have any enemies, anyone who would want to disturb you or mess with your head? Or someone you know who likes to tease and play pranks?

Neither idea is one I would ignore...I would see a doctor or talk to the appropriate authorities if these kinds of disturbances continue. You could also set some video recorders around or have a security cam set up which can't be removed, and see if you can catch anyone doing anything. I would have no problem doing that, even if the someone turned out to be myself.

It could also be PTSD if you've been really stressed out for some time and that caused you to forget you bought a second jug of milk. It doesn't really explain the walkman, though.

I have no idea, really. Very strange occurrences.

rodan
14-08-2016, 10:58 AM
I can relate, I experience those type of things, too, even things that involve other people and events.

Reality shifting, which I guess you could related to time travel, is another possibility.

In respect to your OCD, if you are taking medication for that, there is another possibility.

Regardless, your mind, your being is searching for an explanation to the occurrences.

Keeping this in mind, you could OCD on this. It could bother you to no end if you cannot figure out what is causing these events.

Assuming you are on medication for your OCD, your doctor/counselor would probably help you through this, though, they will try to give you a rational explanation for the events.

If you are not on meds, or seeing a doctor, handle it like you do other things you OCD on. Pick the most likely explanation, and believe it is the answer.

And, when it gets right down to the matter, it's all what you believe, anyway, isn't it? We all have our own individual beliefs that affect our lives.

Zumorito
15-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Huh...DID could be a likely possibility; I've had issues with that before...Didn't really want to talk about it on here but it could be relevant; I'm kind of like four people in one. I'm a firefighter (as my Source/Original Alter) a drinking, smoking gangster (second alter), a spandex clad, cape wearing superhero, (third alter), and a two to three year old toddler...(fourth alter).

Usually I'm aware of when my brain has jumped or switched or whatever though, and none of my alters has a car (though I'm sure Ugly Bob wouldn't care about jacking my sister's car, he's kind of a punk; my second alter)...Hero Man would probably just use his "super speed" lol. And LJ (Little Johnny, the toddler), can't even drive and isn't allowed to ride his tricycle down the driveway...lol...long story...

Zumorito
15-08-2016, 06:33 PM
I'm not on any medications at all though. Except maybe whatever Ugly Bob pumps into his/my body at parties. =/

sea-dove
16-08-2016, 02:54 AM
though I believe in parallel universes and stuff like that, I do think in your case that isnt what is going on. (think horses before zebras one can say).

I hope you see someone for your DID, this sounds like serious stuff. I do think you should go and see a dr and tell a doctor what you are currently experiencing.