PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to make of this? Pure nonsense, or actually something?

Zeronknight
11-08-2016, 01:16 AM
So...where do I start? I'm not exactly sure if it's even a haunting, but a spirit that lives in the house, or just nothing at all.

Well, if it helps anything. When I was younger, one day I looked back at a room with the door open, it was at night time, but I could definitely see something moving, it was dark, but you could see whatever was in there moving. I didn't do anything as I didn't know what to do? So I just dismissed it, and act like I never saw it. Whatever it was, the sense I got was, it wasn't human.

Fast forward a month before the present day, down stairs, late at night again. I could see something again. But this time, it had a presence, and an aura with it? Might be something entirely different because it was a grayish/white aura, while the one back then was pure black. I could still see the aura and got a bit scared, so I went up to this "Aura" and said. "I do not wish to speak to you at this moment." It went away after a few moments.

Now about a few days ago, I was going down stairs, again night time, and it was dark...again. Same white aura, but this time I got really scared, and I didn't know what to do. So I ran back up and turned the light on. And the aura went gone. (I usually see auras better in the dark, than in light) .

Throughout this whole time, I could feel a presence, back then, and now. I don't know what it is, or if it's bad. What should I do? I would appreciate some help, as I get really terrified thinking about it.

Crystal Ambassador
12-08-2016, 07:32 PM
It sounds like there are two different entities, the one with a dark aura and one with a lighter grey-white one. I didn't see you mention any sense of malice - other than feeling uncomfortable perhaps by default - and the only direct interaction was when the grey-white one left when you told it to.

Fortunately, it sounds like the second and recurrent one is likely just a human spirit, with at least a basic conciousness to them. You didn't mention if you were in the same house for all three events. If so, I'd be inclined to believe the human one was more attached to the house instead of to you. Since you were/are sensitive to their presence, they'd be drawn to you to try and communicate. Almost always, lingering humans like to find the living who they can talk to to try and deliver messages to their families and friends for them. The fact they left after you telling them you didn't want to talk right now is a good sign that they want to cooperate rather than mean you harm. Being nervous around them is incredibly common, and although I work with spirits every day, I still get anxious if I feel an unknown presence nearby.

The other one, the first one, is a little harder to pin down. It could have been a negatively-charged entity, one that feeds on negative energy. In that case, it's possible it was pulling negative energy towards it, which would mask its normal aura and make it appear darker. Those entities tend to wander, sort of like nomadic gatherers, and pop up more often in places that have a lot of negative energy. Such as homes that have a lot of domestic problems or around people who are depressed. Usually they do their thing and leave, though in those environments they can linger. I'd say that if it only showed up that once and left, it's safe. They're actually pretty helpful, since otherwise the negative energy put out would just stay lying around and cause problems.

Going back to the human spirit, you can try interacting with them further. Pretty often, they're not aware that they're making someone uncomfortable. You can say out loud "To the spirit who is around here, I'm not comfortable with you visiting me at night." You can also add "I don't want to speak to you, please find someone else who will listen" or, alternatively "Please only speak to me when I ask you to or during the day".

desert rat
13-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Some guesses would be , a ghost , a thought forum , the astral body of a living person asleep .

Zeronknight
16-08-2016, 06:47 AM
It sounds like there are two different entities, the one with a dark aura and one with a lighter grey-white one. I didn't see you mention any sense of malice - other than feeling uncomfortable perhaps by default - and the only direct interaction was when the grey-white one left when you told it to.

Fortunately, it sounds like the second and recurrent one is likely just a human spirit, with at least a basic conciousness to them. You didn't mention if you were in the same house for all three events. If so, I'd be inclined to believe the human one was more attached to the house instead of to you. Since you were/are sensitive to their presence, they'd be drawn to you to try and communicate. Almost always, lingering humans like to find the living who they can talk to to try and deliver messages to their families and friends for them. The fact they left after you telling them you didn't want to talk right now is a good sign that they want to cooperate rather than mean you harm. Being nervous around them is incredibly common, and although I work with spirits every day, I still get anxious if I feel an unknown presence nearby.

The other one, the first one, is a little harder to pin down. It could have been a negatively-charged entity, one that feeds on negative energy. In that case, it's possible it was pulling negative energy towards it, which would mask its normal aura and make it appear darker. Those entities tend to wander, sort of like nomadic gatherers, and pop up more often in places that have a lot of negative energy. Such as homes that have a lot of domestic problems or around people who are depressed. Usually they do their thing and leave, though in those environments they can linger. I'd say that if it only showed up that once and left, it's safe. They're actually pretty helpful, since otherwise the negative energy put out would just stay lying around and cause problems.

Going back to the human spirit, you can try interacting with them further. Pretty often, they're not aware that they're making someone uncomfortable. You can say out loud "To the spirit who is around here, I'm not comfortable with you visiting me at night." You can also add "I don't want to speak to you, please find someone else who will listen" or, alternatively "Please only speak to me when I ask you to or during the day".I Want to say thank you for this information :).
That dark entity I told you about, the first one, never showed up, and as I was way younger back then, I didn't particularly feel anything.
Could this mean I'm a medium? I mean, wouldn't they see the actual body, but only the aura?
I would love to communicate with spirits, and give people messages from their loved ones etc, but I'm just at a loss, and entirely confused, on what to do and how to do it.

A few months ago, I was sleeping, I suddenly woke up, and I saw someone standing there. I could see it moving, but I just laid there in fright not moving or anything. It looked like it was "moving" in place. It didn't appear to look human, or the face didn't appear to be....like the eye, it was in the center of the forehead. It looked like an actual body, not an aura this time. I can't tell if my mind was playing tricks on me or not, as I suddenly woke up.

Now all 3 instances were in the same house, as I currently live in the same one. I'm happy it's a good sign, as I didn't see their aura anymore. Lately, I haven't felt a presence and sort of feel bad for not communicating with them. But, I'm scared to communicate with them, even though I honestly want to.

I feel like all 3 were different spirits, as all three had different shapes and sizes to them. Any advice on what to do?

As much as I want to help them, I do not want to acknowledge the "existence" of a bad entity. The 3rd one, I told you about the other day, had a similar aura, but not exact aura to it. Different feeling, I got a REALLY bad feeling from it.

Crystal Ambassador
18-08-2016, 02:58 AM
You're welcome. It could mean you're a medium to some degree, or just someone who speaks for the spirits in general. Often when people are sensitive to those energies, it means they have a talent they can use in that department. So yes, I would be confident that if you try out methods, you'll find one that works with you. There are a few paths, shamanism and mediumship being only two of them.

When you mentioned the apparition, my first thought was of the "shadow people" I've been encountering every now and then these past few weeks. They always appear as silhouettes, and I see them in the first few seconds of waking up at night. I think them to be actual people standing in my room or - more often - climbing in through the window or into my closet. After a few seconds they vanish. They do appear humanoid, though with indistinguishable faces, so I'm not certain if it's similar to what you saw. Usually they occur for a couple days and then I have a nightmare to signal their exit. I still don't know whether or not they're "real" or hallucination, but I've learned to just let the matter be.

Another thought I had was when you mentioned the face. I've encountered at least one human spirit who had a very distorted face, to the point part of it was missing and the eyes.... were like looking into a black hole, it was very spooky. Oddly, they're a spirit whom I interact with very frequently and has been a faithful ally. It's possible that energy gets distorted in the spirit form, enough to the point facial features are lost.

The spirits will start to come back when they feel you call. For years I was in the same place as you, wanting to be able to talk to commune with and help spirits, but being terrified of it as well. I understood that I was - and still am when I feel an ill-intentioned spirit - afraid of what they "could" do. Spirits' abilities haven't been documented well enough to give a reliable base of knowledge on their limits or possible actions, and they seem to be able to move around much more quickly as well as do an assortment of things like moving picture frames. They appear to be "superhuman", and when combined with a feeling of not being protected, is very frightening. What helped me with that was largely knowledge; learning and now knowing that by far most of the spirits out there are just looking for help, and don't realize that their actions are frightening to the living. I've learned that by watching shows like Ghost Hunters and reading books written by those who work with them often (like mediums). What really turned it around for me - and what helps me when I become afraid in the presence of something malicious - is building up experience with shielding and my relationship with my spirit guides. I've been fortunate that although my primary guide doesn't do much, I have a very powerful secondary spirit who is my guardian. Often, just calling on her to come is enough to make me more comfortable. When that doesn't help me be at total ease, I call on angels. The two of them - and more if I ask them - in combination tend to make things work much more smoothly. Before that happens, I make efforts to set up an energy shield each day. It's incredibly simple, and just involves asking a protective spirit (a guide, the Higher Power, etc) to set up a shield. It's done wonders, and can be added to by visualizing the energy barrier as thicker. It also helps keep others' energy from moving in.

What I would suggest to you is two things. First is practicing with shielding and calling on guardians. If you don't have any specific guardians, you can ask for whatever you feel makes you comfortable and feels real to you; angels, nature spirits, fae, Higher Power, God, etc. I recommend this first since it will help you throughout life, and especially if you start trying out methods.
The second is I recommend just seeking as much information about spirits as you can. Try to find people who seem credible and have a modality where they directly communicate with spirits, rather than document them (such as paranormal investigations). One book I recommend reading is The Eagle and the Rose. I do know that not everyone likes to read, and I try to limit book recommendations. This one I recommend because it has such a great journey of the author's early experiences with spirits, through her experiences struggling with self-confidence and questioning the reality of them as well as whether or not seeing experiences meant she was crazy, through her beginning to become successful helping spirits and the living through her becoming apparently a rather renowned practitioner. I thought it was especially nice that the self-doubt was included, since I - and I assume plenty of people who see spirits but don't have experience working with them - have struggled with wondering whether I was making it up or not. It also gives an inside view of the methods she practiced, and what results she got.
If you don't want to read, I suggest looking into shows instead. Long Island Medium is one I know of that seems to have credibility. Ghost Hunters was good for me for seeing what I consider valid evidence of the existence of spirits, and for helping me learn about their possible actions and intentions. It also was helpful for figuring out whether a paranormal situation could be caused by something like, say, a high electromagnetic charge caused by old wiring. You can also start threads and talk to people here who have knowledge of spirits and possibilities.
Regardless of where you choose to get your information, always follow your intuition. It'll lead you not only to credible sources but segments of information important for you to know when you need to know it.

Zeronknight
19-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Should I try to contact guardians, and trying to speak with them? I am not sure if I'll be able to tell if they're an actual guardian, or a bad spirit taking advantage. Btw, I will check the book. It seems like a really good book to read.

I want to try speaking to the spirit again, but how do I know if I am going to call the one I want to call, instead of a different one? I want to communicate, and see if they need help.

Also, I have no idea if I'm clairvoyant , or another of the others, how do I find out?

Crystal Ambassador
19-08-2016, 08:31 PM
The greatest tool you'll ever rely on and want to develop is intuition. Not that long ago I went through a period of encountering spirits who disguised themselves as my guide. I went along with it at first, though couldn't shake the feeling something was "off". It was very slight, but I couldn't quite get 100% comfortable with what appeared to be my guide. After that it happened a couple more times, but I got a little better at paying attention to when my intuition was saying something was off. In those scenarios, I called on the spirits I was most familiar with and were strong enough to break through the facade; angels. Since then, I've gone into meditations holding the intention that I will meet the genuine spirit who is my guide, and will be protected from imposters. Even though I still worry sometimes, I know that I'll be able to tell when something isn't right. Almost everyone can, it's just a matter of not dismissing it. In your case, I recommend starting first with the intention that you'll only meet a helpful spirit who can serve as a guide for you. There are a few guided meditations out there that have that as the focus. Once you feel ready, as for them to come meet you. If you feel more comfortable, you can do some "preparations" beforehand; set up a religious or protective charm, light a candle, whatever makes you feel safer and relaxed. The images you receive might be random, a mix of things that don't seem to be relevant. Regardless, I highly recommend writing down as much of what you see as you can; at this point you don't have a strong connection to your guide, and it might be difficult for them to get through. But after a couple times you'll likely start noticing patterns, where certain images pop up that give you clues as to who or what they are. Normally these things would likely have been overlooked or dismissed. You can also ask a spirit to help you who you know is safe; if you believe in angels, ask them to help. Or if you have a friend or family member who's passed on, you can ask them to be your guide or protector. I've even had pets come by as temporary guides before. Regardless, they'll come.

I recommend establishing a connection to intuition and a guide before reaching out to other spirits. The reason for this is in my experience I've benefitted from doing it this way; by having developed a connection to my intuition, I have a better sense of when something is true or not. Through that I know when a spirit who shows up is helpful or deceptive. Once I establish that, and I have a connection to a helpful spirit, they can provide me with insight and knowledge I don't normally have access to. This information can be what I need to do or say to help the spirit in distress. Fortunately building up intuition doesn't even require developing it; the skill is already there, it's just a matter of getting out of the habit of second-guessing the first thought or feeling that comes to mind or the persistent "gut feeling".

Honestly I don't really know the difference between clairvoyant, clairaudient, or the others. I haven't paid much attention to those, since I haven't had the need to look into it. You might find more answers from other users here, perhaps in the Mediumship section.

Whatever you choose to do, there is a lot of support out there for you and I have no doubts that you'll be able to help spirits.