PDA

View Full Version : Increased Sensitivity

Clio_86
27-07-2016, 05:09 AM
As I have been progressing spiritually I find myself so much more sensitive to the world and the suffering of other people and especially animals. I find myself praying constantly… saying a little prayer here and another little prayer there for people and animals I come across on a daily basis.

Sometimes I feel like it is too much but I know that I need to just focus on what I can do for the world and how I can make the earth a better place. I just had a great day and received some good news about an issue I have been dealing with only to go on Facebook and see a post circulating about a person abusing animals. This completely ruined my mood and I prayed for the person and for the animals he has abused and I just cried.

I used to be able to ignore these things… "out of sight, out of mind," but as I am becoming more in tune with my spirituality I am feeling more and it kinda sucks.

naturesflow
27-07-2016, 05:39 AM
As I have been progressing spiritually I find myself so much more sensitive to the world and the suffering of other people and especially animals. I find myself praying constantly… saying a little prayer here and another little prayer there for people and animals I come across on a daily basis.

Sometimes I feel like it is too much but I know that I need to just focus on what I can do for the world and how I can make the earth a better place. I just had a great day and received some good news about an issue I have been dealing with only to go on Facebook and see a post circulating about a person abusing animals. This completely ruined my mood and I prayed for the person and for the animals he has abused and I just cried.

I used to be able to ignore these things… "out of sight, out of mind," but as I am becoming more in tune with my spirituality I am feeling more and it kinda sucks.

I understand this.

When your beginning to free up your own feeling centre and empathy and opening more to the *real* you, what also opens is the real nature of the world. I lived in fear for most of my life and coming out of that space I learned to feel more freely and openly, so nowdays when I am hit by sources that showing the true nature of life around me, it can be both distressing and painful, because your more open, aware and clear feeling. So in this way, it becomes a necessary balance to find that place in you that keeps on moving and knows that life goes on.

What you shared about doing your part helps greatly. You cant resolve all problems in the world, but if your invested and can follow through and find a more satisfying resolution in you and for the external matter, it helps greatly. Sometimes when our hands are tied and we still feel compassion, care/ empathy for the suffering, it can be very hard place to adapt too.

In the awareness that you are one person that cares deeply, out of many people that care and show kindness to others and animals, within this knowing it helps to know your not alone trying to support others. That, there are people supporting other life forms everywhere in causes close to their own heart and doing what you can is enough.

naturesflow
27-07-2016, 06:09 AM
Someone having a rough time of this last night in my shared space, told me she is convinced being sensitive is a curse.

She is not the first sensitive to say this out loud.

Personally, I can understand why this might arise in people who feel deeply the world and its suffering, but I have always gained so much joy in being a HSP even though walking through the darker elements of life have been harrowing to my heart and body.

What arises from being open is to be open deeper to all life in everyway life is, so there is much joy and love and happiness to be found one with the *curse* side where its hard to feel the reality of pain and suffering in the world.

There is a good book that I know of that helps highly sensitive people cope in the real world especially as they open more so in the way you are describing - The Highly Sensitive Persons Survival Guide/Ted Zeffe which is available on Amazon.

Clio_86
27-07-2016, 07:37 AM
I will check that book out. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestion. :)

Uma
04-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Clio we are not alone!
Check out Heidi Sawyer's things on YouTube and her books like the Intuitive Highly Sensitive Person - I cried when I found her teachings since she describes me to a T.

When on the spiritual path increasing sensitivity and even hypersensitivity comes with the territory. Since we are in the minority in this day and age it can feel horrible against the tide of insensitive and harmful people. That's why support groups like this forum are so special.

:hug2:

Lorelyen
04-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Your growing in sensitivity is what sets you apart. Your awareness grows and you'll inevitably feel the pain with your current focus.

Try to balance it with an equal sensitivity about the good of life that you notice - good things that happen in a day; people who are helped; animals that are truly valued; the beauty of nature (especially this. Notice how so much is in harmony). As you grow spiritually you'll find yourself at odds with the unawakened, the people who really don't know who they are and, in search of identity, torment or hurt others. It gives them power. It's their way of getting acknowledged - unless they're diseased minds in which case you can do little for them. You can hope that in time they too will open their eyes to their spiritual selves, become penitent (if necessary) and be on a similar path to your own, a deeper valuation of life and living things, an awareness of themselves in the system of things - well, in the cosmos ultimately.

arcaneopal
11-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Hi Clio_86, I can completely relate. These last couple of years, I find myself crying at EVERYTHING. I can't watch the news, I can't overhear people's conversations, I barely even watch tv or listen to the radio anymore. I had to look up why I've been so sensitive. Because I was never like this before (at least not to this degree). Then I became familiar with the term Empath. It was like an "ah-ha!" moment. And these feelings didn't start to escalate until I became more spiritually aware. It's been a kind of struggle because I find myself able to cry at the drop of a hat, and it's not a good thing to do at work. :P

I think praying (maybe meditating?) can help ease some of these thoughts, and just doing our best to treat others with love and compassion can help our hearts heal and benefit those around us as well.

Jyotir
15-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Hi Clio_86,

You are not alone in this perception and predicament.

But suggesting that it doesn’t kinda suck - or doesn’t have to; that it’s an opportunity and a blessing.

It’s as simple as this: Greater awareness means greater responsibility…and greater opportunity.

Sensitivity is relative, and as it increases - and reveals pain and suffering, it may continue to increase and transcend that pain and suffering. The key is in not getting stuck within the perception of pain and suffering (even empathetically), which can subsequently generate ongoing cycles of resentment, depression, despair, etc.

You’ve already identified that prayer is an appropriate response. Even that is the result of a propitious illumination. So then acknowledge Who you are praying to…
That Being is not suffering.
That Being is experiencing an infinite Delight in and through the multiplicity of lives which are becoming aware in the physical, including through various sensitivities which are forms of awareness.

Spiritual people are becoming subjectively aware of an intrinsic oneness, an increasing identification with, and awareness of One Life, even in its multiplicity - including dissatisfying (or horrifying) ignorance and ignorant action, pain and suffering. But all of that is the precursor to, or opportunity for individual meaningful action and importantly for self-transformation.

This means (eventually) one less ignorant person in the world, and also highlights the relative enormity of the problem at hand, i.e., how urgent is the necessity for one’s own transformation, once awakened to that possibility… that one can only first transform themselves before attempting to ‘transform the world’. Otherwise, it’s just one ignorant person projecting their ignorance on another…or being horrified and frustrated by that self-same ongoing drama in the world.

Awakened people need to allow that God is responsible for the universe which God created, and that a spiritual awakening requires the intensification of that general purpose in specific form (each life), including the progressive transcendence of awareness, which, when applied consciously and deliberately is a definition of 'spirituality'.

Love and serve the Divine and the Divine will then be responsible for and guide one’s life. That is the spiritual way.

The awareness itself will increasingly ‘inform’ action; as one becomes more aware and responsive to it, which is nothing other than a willingness to surrender to God’s Will in one’s life.

~ J

soulful7
15-08-2016, 05:48 PM

Clio, I came up with a quote that may interest you. You don't know how great this world is until you let go of it, As humans we should care about nature and animals. Sometimes we make a great impact. Other times we do not.It is hard to watch these situations unfold. We must show others by our
actions. Some just don't get it because they haven't worked out their issues.
This is the same in human relationships. Soulful7

soulful7
15-08-2016, 05:58 PM
UMA, we may be small in numbers, but our power is great. These few will someday be many and change the world.Soulful7