PDA

View Full Version : Empaths - controlling emotion

Waste of Paint
03-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could share some tips on how to block out the negative vibes of others. I struggle with this so much. Avoiding them is not an option, I just need to learn how to deal with it. Thanks!

shivatar
04-07-2016, 12:27 AM
There is no way to block out the bad without blocking out the good.

Seek to strengthen your vessel instead to bear the weight of negative emotions. Seek the guidance of stronger empaths than you, others who have tread the path before you.

Waste of Paint
04-07-2016, 12:45 AM
There is no way to block out the bad without blocking out the good.

Seek to strengthen your vessel instead to bear the weight of negative emotions. Seek the guidance of stronger empaths than you, others who have tread the path before you.

Well, essentially that's what I meant. You are right. I did want to use a different word than "block" but I couldn't think of one at the moment.

vespa68
04-07-2016, 01:45 AM
There is no way around it, you have to face your negative emotions so you can understand them and yourself better.

vespa68
04-07-2016, 01:47 AM
Sorry I mean you have to face your own neg emotions since the people around you are mirroring your own. That way you detach more!

naturesflow
04-07-2016, 02:17 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could share some tips on how to block out the negative vibes of others. I struggle with this so much. Avoiding them is not an option, I just need to learn how to deal with it. Thanks!

If your immersed in them and cant avoid them, maybe listening deeper you can find out if your holding in something making them stick. If nothing is there in you, perhaps you could learn to become more mindful of yourself reacting in the moment and learn new ways to manage this.

So a mindfulness teacher of some kind might help?

When you have taken on others emotion all you life, sometimes you have to learn new ways to stop and end this cycle so it can be a long road out alone..

Waste of Paint
04-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Why am I fine with everyone but my parents and narcissists? People tend to tell me I have a calming effect on them.

I don't think much can be done about narcissists. That is why I need to learn to manage it. I don't know how.

naturesflow
04-07-2016, 02:25 AM
Why am I fine with everyone but my parents and narcissists? People tend to tell me I have a calming effect on them.

I don't think much can be done about narcissists. That is why I need to learn to manage it. I don't know how.

Then they stick and show you something in you needing to let go perhaps?

Reflect and journal your feelings and find ways to release the pent up levels of emotion.

Our parents are often our painbody from childhood so its good to listen to what your body is speaking to you and take care of it.

Calming affect is the empaths tool of care and calm, but it is also when not clear the tool that takes in and on. So you have to find ways to not take in and on, sometimes clearing out first is what gets that moving in the right direction.

So self care through the process of your life. Take care of you in feeling and find ways to let go.

Waste of Paint
04-07-2016, 02:29 AM
Thank you for all of your responses by the way

Waste of Paint
04-07-2016, 02:35 AM
So self care through the process of your life. Take care of you in feeling and find ways to let go.

Ah, this is so true. I'm getting better than I used to be. It's difficult to care for myself with lack of sleep and not enough time alone. I'm currently raising a baby by myself and I'm autistic, so that's quite a recipe for disaster. The only way I ever connect to people is through giving, often getting taken advantage of. It makes more sense now.

naturesflow
04-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Ah, this is so true. I'm getting better than I used to be. It's difficult to care for myself with lack of sleep and not enough time alone. I'm currently raising a baby by myself and I'm autistic, so that's quite a recipe for disaster. The only way I ever connect to people is through giving, often getting taken advantage of. It makes more sense now.

Yes giving requires balance in receiving as one to find balance of being both. Empaths are very giving and sometimes to the neglect of themselves so balance will sneak up to show you. The reflections sometimes show what you are holding within and not allowing to flow in, so listen and take care of you through process. It sounds like your time as a mum and autism as one might require you to take that much more care of you and your baby at this time. Motherhood is a challenge because you are giving to your baby more than self, but you do have to find ways to take care of you. I learned the hard way. So even small steps like a walk in nature while your baby is sleeping, or setting up a quiet space just for you in your home helps too.

Star Aura
11-07-2016, 11:34 AM
So informative!! Thanks , Naturesflow