PDA

View Full Version : Hash this out with me friends: What is Respect and Trust?

Justme1981
25-06-2016, 09:45 PM
OK, so the man upstairs, who probably doesn't like calling him the man upstairs, says I have to learn: respect and trust. So, I'm here to hash it out with you.

Here is my concern with respect and trust. I have said before I don't believe in respect, I believe in consideration. What do I mean by that? I mean regardless of how I feel about you I will treat you with a common, humble, polite regard. If we do become friends, all I want to do is pall around with you, but even friends I treat with consideration; the closer the friend the more of my sarcastic, offensive remarks you get to hear, not about you because I love you as a friend but about the rest of the world. I was under the belief that what replaces respect and consideration is genuine authentic love. But that's not it, according to God, there is a clear place for Respect. And I cannot find where to fit Respect into this entire scheme of things.

But yet there a few people who I respect. I respect my parents, but I love them as well. I respect God, and I am just starting to get to know him (like the rest of us). Outside of that I respect the medium Kim Russo, because she is talented and gifted and, and, and uses her gifts help other.

The thought just occurred to me, and it was probably handed to me by a Spirit Guide: I think I need to define what qualities in a person I like to make those qualities be respected? Maybe it's not people as a whole to respect but certain aspects of them? In the sense we all have respectful qualities? I just don't know but it helps me to work my thoughts out in writing and helps when I get feedback.

As for trust...ugh, can't learn that in this life I've been hurt too much. Got to wait for the next one on that lesson.

Thanks to anyone for the feedback.

Khalli
25-06-2016, 10:11 PM
For Myself I have found that in order to respect/trust others I 1st had to respect and trust me. Once that happened the rest was easy.

I respect everyone trying to live life on this crazy chaotic planet!:hug3:

Justme1981
25-06-2016, 10:25 PM
For Myself I have found that in order to respect/trust others I 1st had to respect and trust me. Once that happened the rest was easy.

I respect everyone trying to live life on this crazy chaotic planet!:hug3:

Brilliant, thank you. Here is what I thought immediately while reading your reply. I don't behave with dignity, in fact, I'm not a fan of dignity. I think being goofy and foolish is the way to go through life but not dignity. I think I have heard, "dignity and respect," go together.

When I read self-respect I read behave with dignity, which I have no concept what that means or looks like. The only thought that comes to mind with dignity is respecting others boundaries and gently respecting your own boundaries. But, but, but I think you are guiding my in the right direction.

Thank you. I agree we should all be respected for living through these crazy times. Peace and stay safe out there: always love others, all others, that is the key to making it in this world. Things are getting better!

Rozie
25-06-2016, 11:38 PM
I think you are supposed to respect yourself and live by your own moral compass. You are also supposed to trust yourself, and only yourself because it is through your own discernment and intuition that you are able to judge your own truths....The man in the sky, might tell you tall tales and legends for your education but taking them literally is trusting another. The message is to take every bit of information that you are told or shown and run it through your personal truth-o-meter.

This is a very important lesson that you can learn the easy way or the hard way.

The man in the sky doesn't want us to be perfect little pansies of perfection. We are supposed to be human and petty and snarky and naughty...all those things but you do what you do within the range of your own moral compass.

There are things that I consider to be wrong for me, but I have performed plenty of bad deeds and I don't feel guilty because I am human and imperfect and that was what needed to happen at the time. I try to be nice to people or at least civil, but I can secretely hate them and there is no crime against that. I usually don't hate anybody but I get annoyed and ***** and complain inside my head. All that stuff is fine.

People talk about 'love and light' and that is what 'god' is about but that is not how I perceive it. We are human, and we are supposed to behave like human beings with all of our beautiful quirkiness.

Mr Interesting
27-06-2016, 10:21 PM
The man upstairs... there you go.

Theres that bible thing where you can call the father and the son any names and you'll be forgiven but the holy spirit... nah, you will pay, as it were, for toe stepping there.

So I suppose it's basically whatever comes outta ones mouth doesn't matter, to a certain extent... it's started, it's coming out and may as well just let it come... doesn't matter.

But... and theres always a but, listening and watching... not quite think before you speak, maybe even before that... what's that?

If we're there, we're listening, does it thrust itself ahead of us or is it a sense it's behind us, within us somehow beckoning but ever quieter?

Jyotir
28-06-2016, 01:00 AM
Hi Justme1981,

Respect is a subtle, maybe the most elevated form, of fear.

Trust is a reliable probability based on experience.

Belief is in the mind, mental construct.

Faith is an intuitive, often non-rational cognition of higher truth as yet not realized.

~ J

Mr Interesting
28-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Hi Justme1981,

~ J

Oh, I like that! Cat amongst the pigeons stuff for sure... just about reliant on that particular foothold then boom... where'd that go?

This for me is kinda what spirituality is, and can be all, about and it's that the ideas that we use to expand ourselves almost keep shifting and cannot, though people try, be locked down or stored away as un-alterably pure, but have to be held, if at all, lightly and allowed to transform.

In this regard then it is not capturing what might be respect and trust but that within the discoveries there is a beyond that, a puzzle of sorts which when solved isn't a finished thing but possibly an even more complex, yet the complexities aren't... stifling, looser and less constrained to even being puzzles, and there isn't even a nature to transformation... it's transformation.

Perceptions are funny like that, as in what is required to lead into going beyond the perception, isn't the same as what leads us in... how could it be?

shivatar
01-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Oh, I like that! Cat amongst the pigeons stuff for sure... just about reliant on that particular foothold then boom... where'd that go?

This for me is kinda what spirituality is, and can be all, about and it's that the ideas that we use to expand ourselves almost keep shifting and cannot, though people try, be locked down or stored away as un-alterably pure, but have to be held, if at all, lightly and allowed to transform.

In this regard then it is not capturing what might be respect and trust but that within the discoveries there is a beyond that, a puzzle of sorts which when solved isn't a finished thing but possibly an even more complex, yet the complexities aren't... stifling, looser and less constrained to even being puzzles, and there isn't even a nature to transformation... it's transformation.

Perceptions are funny like that, as in what is required to lead into going beyond the perception, isn't the same as what leads us in... how could it be?

Because he made it look pretty, you think what he says has credit? lol. You my friend, are young and gullible, and liable to be tricked by the mind because you spend so much of your time there. What Rozie was saying about compass, and in general most of her post was hitting the nail on the head, that is what you need to listen to. Respect and fear are different, perhaps rarely intertwined, BUT MOST SURELY not so broadly corroelated to be considered a form of fear... nah.. that is just one opinion.

Listen to rosies moral compass stuff, and google the term equiamity. I think it is along the same lines of consideration, respect, etc. It's the meaning in your heart that matters, not the word, not it's definition. So google the terms, try to understand them with your mind, but quickly move unto how they feel in your heart, and quickly move unto practicing them. A compass is guided through direction and activity, the mind mostly wants to sit still and ponder, to work your compass you must use less of your mind because mind is like an iron mine, it jams the signal of true polar north if near compass. I uh, hope you got that metaphor, lol.

Almost all of it is spot on, words of a both humble and talented spiritual aspirant.

I think you are supposed to respect yourself and live by your own moral compass. You are also supposed to trust yourself, and only yourself because it is through your own discernment and intuition that you are able to judge your own truths....The man in the sky, might tell you tall tales and legends for your education but taking them literally is trusting another. The message is to take every bit of information that you are told or shown and run it through your personal truth-o-meter.

This is a very important lesson that you can learn the easy way or the hard way.

The man in the sky doesn't want us to be perfect little pansies of perfection. We are supposed to be human and petty and snarky and naughty...all those things but you do what you do within the range of your own moral compass.

There are things that I consider to be wrong for me, but I have performed plenty of bad deeds and I don't feel guilty because I am human and imperfect and that was what needed to happen at the time. I try to be nice to people or at least civil, but I can secretely hate them and there is no crime against that. I usually don't hate anybody but I get annoyed and ***** and complain inside my head. All that stuff is fine.

People talk about 'love and light' and that is what 'god' is about but that is not how I perceive it. We are human, and we are supposed to behave like human beings with all of our beautiful quirkiness.

Starman
01-07-2016, 02:33 PM
OK, so the man upstairs, who probably doesn't like calling him the man upstairs, says I have to learn: respect and trust. So, I'm here to hash it out with you.

Here is my concern with respect and trust. I have said before I don't believe in respect, I believe in consideration. What do I mean by that? I mean regardless of how I feel about you I will treat you with a common, humble, polite regard. If we do become friends, all I want to do is pall around with you, but even friends I treat with consideration; the closer the friend the more of my sarcastic, offensive remarks you get to hear, not about you because I love you as a friend but about the rest of the world. I was under the belief that what replaces respect and consideration is genuine authentic love. But that's not it, according to God, there is a clear place for Respect. And I cannot find where to fit Respect into this entire scheme of things.

But yet there a few people who I respect. I respect my parents, but I love them as well. I respect God, and I am just starting to get to know him (like the rest of us). Outside of that I respect the medium Kim Russo, because she is talented and gifted and, and, and uses her gifts help other.

The thought just occurred to me, and it was probably handed to me by a Spirit Guide: I think I need to define what qualities in a person I like to make those qualities be respected? Maybe it's not people as a whole to respect but certain aspects of them? In the sense we all have respectful qualities? I just don't know but it helps me to work my thoughts out in writing and helps when I get feedback.

As for trust...ugh, can't learn that in this life I've been hurt too much. Got to wait for the next one on that lesson.

Thanks to anyone for the feedback.

In my opinion respect and trust are different in different cultures and are tied to a persons’ morality. In a strict Muslim country respect and trust would be seen differently than it will be seen in a mostly Christian country. Respect and trust has a lot to do with a persons’ family upbringing. I was raised in a family which said you should respect your elders, but I came to learn that some elders did not deserve respect, which implied that respect had to be earned. If you don’t respect someone most likely you won’t trust them either. In my opinion this is a question of morals and values.

Jyotir
01-07-2016, 02:46 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that this becomes most surely apparent in contradistinction to love, true love, divine love, as the operating principle - which, when employed in human relations renders the functional manifestations of 'respect', far inferior to it in any number of ways - even if superficially and much more tentatively, they accomplish (apparently) the 'same' relationship. At heart, it is not and can never be, since...

Respect is really a residual of animal life.

~ J

Mr Interesting
01-07-2016, 08:35 PM
But of course and so all the hats fly off into the air... gaily thrown in the great "Yahoo!"

One needn't forget, all is about coaxing towards, ourselves especially, as we stumble towards our own greater freedoms.

Indeed isn't that what respect can ever only really be? A deep and abiding tendency, like all the rest of it, that doesn't need recognition because it is simply there doing what it does... respecting. Then reviewed as a lack it first must be labelled and so pushed out in front and followed as a possibility... until it simply falls away as a label, a constraint even, and becomes what was always available anyway... oh, the mysteries, that really aren't, but we make them and this fills our days.

Is it that I find food and so apply gratitude or is it that I was already grateful and the food found me?