PDA

View Full Version : Worry and Intuition

White Transmigration
09-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Since we all have an intuition, I worry and analyse by asking my intuition about a lot of questions that make me worry and fear about the future.

How easily can I stop the overthinking and use it properly but guide me for the future without fear and doom?

Uma
09-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Since we all have an intuition, I worry and analyse by asking my intuition about a lot of questions that make me worry and fear about the future.

How easily can I stop the overthinking and use it properly but guide me for the future without fear and doom?

I'm guilty of worrying too, so I can relate to this...
My answer is meditate...quiet those thoughts...relax...let go... allow the mind to become empty or at least less noisy...then wait, just wait in a relaxed not worrying way...and intuition will arise. Sometimes the best intuition comes first thing on waking in the morning.

And the best intuition often happens after lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of thinking has gone on and then the mind is so burnt out from thinking, it HAS TO STOP and then intuition comes out of nowhere with all the perfect solutions.

Crystal Ambassador
09-06-2016, 07:42 PM
In this case, it sounds more like you're dealing with anxiety. I've come to understand that fear and worry block intuition; with a clear mind, the words intuition says can be heard. It may be helpful for you to remind yourself that when you worry, you put your safety at risk by having thoughts drown out safety alerts. While it seems like that would be counterproductive to try to scare it into calmness, I find that my consciousness often listens and realizes that it needs to calm down for my safety. I ask my mind to stay aware of my intuition, and if something very threatening to my safety arises - such as if I'm about to turn onto a road where there's a violent person - to let me know. This way it allows it to serve its purpose more fully, since worry and fear are tools designed to keep us alive.

Additionally, it would be worth looking into other methods of working with anxiety to find something that resonates with you. Addressing the fears without dismissing them may be helpful to you. Often, worries are the mind's way of trying to make sure you're prepared in the event of a worst-case scenario. Reminding yourself that you're prepared for it - and if not, by doing what you need to to prepare - can help as well.

Mr Interesting
09-06-2016, 08:28 PM
You know we have this buy now pay later thing every where? What do you want now and here's how you can have it right now... and the same sense that makes it's so needful right now also makes it dull and boring after about three minutes but then you're paying for it almost forever... well, that's not intuitive at all, intuitive is the complete opposite.

Intuition is pay now and keep paying to the point where you forget you're paying... then what you're paying for arrives... and you'd almost, but not quite, forgotten you even wanted it.

So each way has a money system almost, buy now pay later is thinking, rationalisations, reasonableness, planning... all that stuff. pay now get later, well, that's the intuitive system and maybe it's cash is trust, self belief... but not in anything so much as a sense of being.

I went to art school for about a year twenty years ago and I wasn't interested in success for myself at all. I was interested in capturing that success as a kind of prize to then take home and give to my people, the disadvantaged and the worn down, so I wasn't interested in leaving that system of being poor so much as stealing what I could from the rich and taking it back and giving it to the poor.... which was almost completely about them realising they were already rich... and that the rich were actually poor.

And, I know, that's all completely romantic and idealist but what it allowed me to do is create a version of success which had nothing to do with the success I might have got so I was like a secret agent in my own life. But what it also did was allow me to widen my focus, it wasn't focused completely on a prize worthy of being a prize but was a prize which was merely a tool for something else.

And so intuition slipped in to fill the gaps. I didn't know what it was or even what it was useful for but it came and became reliable because maybe everything I wanted was so much bigger than me, and not about me, but I was still willing to pay for it all by myself.

It's like deciding to climb a mountain and you've never done it before so you grab what you think will work and you start climbing and then you realise what you thought would work doesn't as well as you thought it might but you're committed now and so intuition shows you how it can actually work and then you've completely forgotten about getting to the top of this mountain because just surviving with what you have means intuition simply has to be there working for you... you are the intuition.

row37
14-06-2016, 01:25 PM
As the Dali Lama said, worry is a waste of time, and provides no enjoyment, it is only self caused suffering. It's something different to look at our problems and see what can be done, and if we can do something, we should. But if we are unable to do anything about them, if they are out of our control, then we should stop worrying and forget about them and move on. Intuition is good, but better to practice discernment, which comes from clearly seeing life as it is.

catsnrabbits
15-06-2016, 04:34 AM
As the Dali Lama said, worry is a waste of time, and provides no enjoyment, it is only self caused suffering.

i read that using dalai lama's voice and got a total kick out of it

it will definitely come back to calm me during bouts of anxiety :biggrin:

Shivani Devi
15-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Intuition is that which goes beyond the mind and all rational thought. If you have to even think or worry about it, then it's your own mind playing tricks on you...it isn't really intuition.

Intuition comes down hard on one like a ton of bricks...like being hit on the head by a rainbow, causing the stomach to knot up inside and the heart to race wildly...at that moment, you know...you just know!

There's no use asking it anything, questioning it in any way, worrying about it whatsoever...you just learn to flow with it....and say 'okay, we'll see...we'll see...'

I wish you all the best. *hugs*

dream jo
18-06-2016, 05:06 PM
we all wory we do im bigst 1 i wort abot sily stuf i do