PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for strength/passion to be someone's 'enlightenment'?

Fleur de Frost
08-06-2016, 03:54 AM
I can't seem to get away from a specific life event that began my awakening. And while this could be completely off, the one time I feel most alive is when I'm fighting the pain - when I'm reclaiming my own personal power and knowing where I stand; owning the parts of myself no pain could ever take away; knowing how much strength I can conjure up within myself to face this head on. That's when I feel most like myself. Ironically, when I start to forget that power and live unconsciously without it, I fall right back into the pain. It's like a cycle that keeps trying to push me towards the end-goal I continue to (inconveniently) neglect.

This kind of power feels really, truly spiritual. It's not arrogance, or pride - it's just strength, something I can't quite describe through words. I feel completely merged with every piece of myself, and I don't feel like a higher self exists because I am that higher self. And the best part is: I used to feel so desperately like I had to do *something*, like I was being called to complete something in this life that I could never identify - I don't feel that way when the strength is at full force.

Whiiich brings me to my question: Is everyone's version of enlightenment the same? I think enlightenment tends to revolve around a stereotypical notion of peace, love, harmony, balance existing in total calmness and stillness - but can they also manifest through other qualities? Namely strength, passion, conviction, etc.? I just struggle to understand that something so broad and encompassing can only be expressed through one method alone.

Thank you for your insight! :)

wolfgaze
08-06-2016, 04:27 AM
I don't feel like a higher self exists because I am that higher self.

Excellent insight...

:icon_thumright:

Whiiich brings me to my question: Is everyone's version of enlightenment the same? I think enlightenment tends to revolve around a stereotypical notion of peace, love, harmony, balance existing in total calmness and stillness - but can they also manifest through other qualities? Namely strength, passion, conviction, etc.? I just struggle to understand that something so broad and encompassing can only be expressed through one method alone.

I don't perceive that there is any benefit from identifying with 'enlightenment' in the form of a belief or on a conceptual level (words cannot sufficiently describe nor convey a direct, experiential state of awareness anyway). I'd say do away with the term altogether and therefore free yourself from any sense of struggle or frustration associated with it. You can of course choose to place all your focus/attenton on your inward process of self-discovery and awareness expansion. : )

Eyeland
08-06-2016, 05:02 AM
Every Soul and the Soul's path are unique i like to believe, same goes for the experiences and tests laid on our path. Probably all designed to give us all we need to evolve...if we make the right choices. Those who believe their way is the only right way are probably at fault, not able to see past their noses. If what we choose to do makes us feel good and correct inside, then it is good and the right path provided we don't hurt anyone else in the process. Many rush to judge and criticize if our ways do not agree with theirs, but it's only a covert ego-driven desire to prove themselves better and wiser than you. Nobody knows your destiny and life path better than your Soul and the Creator....trust in them more than any other ;)

Cmt12
08-06-2016, 05:39 AM
I can't seem to get away from a specific life event that began my awakening. And while this could be completely off, the one time I feel most alive is when I'm fighting the pain - when I'm reclaiming my own personal power and knowing where I stand; owning the parts of myself no pain could ever take away; knowing how much strength I can conjure up within myself to face this head on. That's when I feel most like myself. Ironically, when I start to forget that power and live unconsciously without it, I fall right back into the pain. It's like a cycle that keeps trying to push me towards the end-goal I continue to (inconveniently) neglect.

This kind of power feels really, truly spiritual. It's not arrogance, or pride - it's just strength, something I can't quite describe through words. I feel completely merged with every piece of myself, and I don't feel like a higher self exists because I am that higher self. And the best part is: I used to feel so desperately like I had to do *something*, like I was being called to complete something in this life that I could never identify - I don't feel that way when the strength is at full force.

Trust your intuition over what you think or believe. It sounds like you know this but when you slip back into autopilot, or unconsciousness, then you forget. So, try to work on staying conscious more frequently and remind yourself.

When the Buddha came up with the concept of 'enlightenment' and his philosophy of achieving it, he was in his head. When he taught to not focus on the idea of 'enlightenment', he was connected to his intuition, and speaking from a place closer to truth.

Btw, that power you are accessing is the masculine. The masculine is what is able to confront pain and what drives our spiritual development. The ego would rather us focus on the feminine side of spirituality rather than the masculine because the ego wants to avoid pain at all costs and the masculine is a threat to that. This is quite obvious and apparent when you examine the nature of mainstream spirituality content.

wstein
08-06-2016, 06:58 AM
I am that higher self. This is enlightenment.

All that other stuff about strength is just ego talking.

Seems you want there to be more to it.

Clover
08-06-2016, 03:18 PM

“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeingthrough the facade of pretence. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.” ― Adyashanti

I like that quote by Adyshanti, it's one way to look at it.

We are all a work in progress. I agree with Eyeland, we all have our own unique individual paths. I know it can be very conventional in spiritual communities to get caught up in someone else's idea's and resources, and that is fine, for the most part we are all here to inspire and help each other. However, I think it's always best be guided by your own intuition and pick up with what resonates best for you and your personal growth. There is no right or wrong to get to your goal ( whatever that may be).Its not a competition and probably the best way to really learn is to be challenged, tested and even demolished... all which are tons of fun! Said no human ever. :smile: Your on the right path, keep treading forward ..

MIND POWER
08-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Well apparently there are a bunch of boys, and maybe some girls out there who think? enlightenment will be achieved through intellect.

But what if enlightenment is just degree's of emotion, if enlightenment is when you reach a high vibration! Which then makes things that where not there, suddenly appear...

Maybe it is all about passion!

I mean come on? we are living in the information age! if i really wanted to i could probably learn how to build a rocket! and fly to the moon...

There are books i can buy this, in fact with the internet! i believe you can actually educate yourself better than most PHD students! because the information available out there is untapped!

Which is very good, but for me i don't think enlightenment is all about knowing everything intellectually.....

And it is about passion to a certain extent.

Clover
08-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Well apparently there are a bunch of boys, and maybe some girls out there who think? enlightenment will be achieved through intellect.

But what if enlightenment is just degree's of emotion, if enlightenment is when you reach a high vibration! Which then makes things that where not there, suddenly appear...

Maybe it is all about passion!

I mean come on? we are living in the information age! if i really wanted to i could probably learn how to build a rocket! and fly to the moon...

Their are books i can buy this, in fact with the internet! i believe you can actually educate yourself better than most PHD students! because the information available out there is untapped!

Which is very good, but for me i don't think enlightenment is all about knowing everything intellectually.....

And it is about passion.

Good point, Mindpower. I can agree with that point of view ( to an extent ). I am an action inspired type of person myself, and personally a lot of the spiritual rhetoric passed around in spiritual communities does not resonate with me, and being that I am disgustingly stubborn by nature I am not as open to being persuaded by someone elses views :tongue: Mainly, because we are all in our own individual unique paths as I mentioned earlier.

We all find our own niche, all due in time.

Shivani Devi
08-06-2016, 04:11 PM
I wish I could answer this...I'm trying to answer it, but I can't find the right words...

Is it possible for strength/passion to be someone's 'enlightenment'?
Yes....you're looking at it.

lemex
08-06-2016, 05:41 PM
“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretence. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.”

Does the writer of the quote really mean enlightenment is literally a destructive (deconstructing) process of chipping away of untruth. The way it's worded almost boarders of poetry. Many seek to uncover enlightenment which is the true source. Becoming better, and not or I imagine, happier is a by-product and just what happens as part in the process. Happiness or being better is just there. Is this a clever use of words.

lemex
08-06-2016, 06:00 PM
I feel completely merged with every piece of myself, and I don't feel like a higher self exists because I am that higher self.

Which brings me to my question: Is everyone's version of enlightenment the same? I think enlightenment tends to revolve around a stereotypical notion of peace, love, harmony, balance existing in total calmness and stillness - but can they also manifest through other qualities? Namely strength, passion, conviction, etc.? I just struggle to understand that something so broad and encompassing can only be expressed through one method alone.

A simple realization is I am that self. How does it feel to say it. Oh I so like this, wow. This gets a double bold selection.

Peace, love, harmony, balance are just experiences we are familiar with always existing as potential. We know what these feel like and we often attach to them mistakenly making them the enlightenment. Here is something that isn't accepted, such experiences exist outside of total calmness and stillness (situations). It is the reason we practice as much as is necessary, and to use which is a different philosophy, to call upon it at any time so it is available 100% of the time. I remember being shocked by this being said. Imagine such an attitude in a busy world.

Clover
08-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Does the writer of the quote really mean enlightenment is literally a destructive (deconstructing) process of chipping away of untruth. The way it's worded almost boarders of poetry. Many seek to uncover enlightenment which is the true source. Becoming better, and not or I imagine, happier is a by-product and just what happens as part in the process. Happiness or being better is just there. Is this a clever use of words.

He's referring to the transformation process, which some would argue is an extremely pleasant ride. (sarcasm). Yes, the writer has his own unique style however, I wasn't trying to get into the depth of what "enlightenment" is or isn't. Take the quote for what its worth, it's really not a matter of agreeing on the same language or feel good catch words. How one seeks their 'enlightenment' is essentially their own journey to explore,experience and figure out( which is the point of my last post). If it's ringing a bell, than march to the tune.
For the most part, the OP's got a pretty good grasp on what he's discovering for himself..