PDA

View Full Version : Your calling.

gavenv
04-06-2016, 10:19 PM
What is your calling?

Khalli
04-06-2016, 10:46 PM
To experience this incarnation, to just be.

And have fun doing it!

vortex
04-06-2016, 11:03 PM
what ever i want to be

and it changes from moment to moment

Astro
04-06-2016, 11:13 PM
What ever's on my plate currently. It's enough just trying to get through each day at the moment!

Gracey
04-06-2016, 11:23 PM
last calling i had was at age 16. i followed through with it. really haven't had one since.

Silver
05-06-2016, 12:20 AM
What is your calling?

I agree with most everyone - it changes through time.

What's your calling, gavenv?

creedence
05-06-2016, 12:28 PM
I feel my calling at this time is spiritual progression, through firstly helping others in any way I can and - actually sitting down and getting to grips with meditation for once (having trouble with this, something always 'pops up' to keep me busy)

Baile
05-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Whatever the calling, is perfect. As long as it's not late for supper.
~ Maharaji Threesquaresaday

naturesflow
05-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Right now?.... do my dishes.

cahill
05-06-2016, 02:10 PM
First I had to get a taste of what gifts I had attained were meant for and how to use them. They are for a wide range of different types of healing. After grasping it all I've had to work on myself in all areas. Mainly in terms of making sure I am 100% health wise therefore mental stability falls shortly behind.

Our guides and and angels are dynamite when it comes to leading us where we are meant to go. I was drawn to working with light. All different kinds of ways. So one afternoon I tried generating a purple orb in my hands. I could see it take shape with the naked eye after a few seconds. After a few minutes I threw it. I saw an entity move out of its way and the orb hit the ground blowing dirt from it as it hit.

But I think learning to harness the potentials in what you were given is important. They need to advance whether you know for sure what they are for yet. When you are needed you will have that information open up to and it will be very clear.

Mr Interesting
05-06-2016, 07:33 PM
I think the interesting thing about a calling is that we listen for it. It's as if the doing of what might be a calling always ends up ceding into deeper listening for what might be doing the actual calling.

That isn't to say that any work which might result from acknowledging a calling isn't necessary or important but that the edges of it, the ability to heed, one ear open as it were, might be just as important if not of greater import than the actual doing.

I am, at the moment, going pretty much all out building a little heated cave on the side of my littleish house and I discovered that the flue which goes on my fireplace, an old potbelly stove, has a split in it and as I've been wearing out my fingers laying bricks and glass tiles to form the walls of this small heated cave against winters seeping cold I've been wondering how I might stitch back together this length of pipe which is far too old and has broken down over time... and my thing might very well be an understanding of materials available to build and how to use them more in alignment with a parsimony geared to an efficiency which brings out our want of beauty and our needs as grounded.

So this morning I looked up brazing stainless steels and indeed using silver based solders would do it except just like the bronze solders I'm used to there seems a very real possibility that being used to stitch back together a fire flue would simply result in the pipe glue melting away... or I could bind it with the type of insulating tape quite enamoured by motorcycle aficionado’s these days except that would cost money and having to go find it.

Then this morning it simply occurred to me to simply shorten the pipe!

This then is outside the box. That all this mounting understanding of how best to use materials and fix them is thrown out the window for what is actually very simple and completely un-complex. No grand utilisation of all these collected learnings but a hint that, while not in vain, that whole new horizons of simplicity are available. I'm glad I heard that one... problem solved!

Native spirit
05-06-2016, 08:19 PM
My calling is to Heal others i am a medium,a spiritual Healer and a qualified councellor.there is more than one way to heal a person just being a shoulder to cry on and someone to listen is as benificial as any other form of healing because you have to heal the mind as well as the body in some cases

Namaste

running
05-06-2016, 09:48 PM
To open up and surrender to the bliss of spirit. Every door had an experience that lead to surrender. That the only way out of any of them was to the bliss. Although everything happens, it happens over the search for bliss. And is found when its time to be found.

Unseelie Queen
05-06-2016, 11:11 PM
I'm not entirely sure yet, but I'm fairly sure it involves animals somehow.

ocean breeze
07-06-2016, 04:30 AM
To annoy people.

Somnia
07-06-2016, 04:41 AM
To annoy people.

LOL! :tongue:

Shivani Devi
07-06-2016, 04:57 AM
Esoteric Hinduism, Tantra, Energy Field Work, Quantum Physics and communicating with the dead...am I leaving anything out? nope. :)

ocean breeze
07-06-2016, 04:59 AM
LOL! :tongue:

So what's your calling? I think it should be to agree with everything ocean breeze types. After every post i make you can say "Yes ocean breeze, you are absolutely correct, your words of wisdom never fails to amaze me." :tongue:

Somnia
07-06-2016, 06:21 AM
^ Only in your dreams! :tongue:

(Heehee...)

I suppose my calling for now is working in healthcare...

Mr Interesting
07-06-2016, 07:20 PM
And the prize indeed goes to Ocean Breeze!

Yes indeed the sheer willingness to be anything but often results in others being just that.

And they settle you, you finally fit them somehow as almost against their will those out on the limb must be acknowledged then just as they resolve into that acceptance... scritchy, scratchy, gnawey, gnawey... and how else might deeper and deeper comfort be found but in acknowledging the supremity of the mosquito.... shrill thrill, finger nails on blackboards and shiver me timbers!