PDA

View Full Version : Becoming vegetarian, need some tips please!

blablabla
01-06-2016, 09:02 AM
I've been in this major spiritual awakening and ascension since 2 years ago.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about eating meat (I was always a meat eater) and my body has been having reactions almost all the time I eat meat (the ones that I have to rush to the toilet). It's like my body reacts to eating meat and wants to get rid of it.

So about 2 weeks ago I went on a visit to a farm that completely changed me. I saw all the animals and the purity and innocence in them and I've even had a little lamb coming to me for cuddles!

Needless to say that I stopped eating meat since. So since then (2 weeks ago) I haven't touched meat and it makes me nauseous just the thought of it.

I have a vegetarian friend that told me that I shouldn't completely stop like this because I've always eaten meat and it can be a shock to my body. He says I should eat meat at least twice a week so I do it gradually.

But the thing is, I feel great! I feel good and with more energy. I feel light too! Not in a weight perspective, but in a spiritual perspective. I feel like I can think more clearly now.

So, although I understand what my friend says, I feel good and I simply can't do the change gradually because I can't even stand thinking about meat!

Any spiritual vegetarians here that can give me some advice?

naturesflow
01-06-2016, 09:39 AM

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about eating meat (I was always a meat eater) and my body has been having reactions almost all the time I eat meat (the ones that I have to rush to the toilet). It's like my body reacts to eating meat and wants to get rid of it.

So about 2 weeks ago I went on a visit to a farm that completely changed me. I saw all the animals and the purity and innocence in them and I've even had a little lamb coming to me for cuddles!

Needless to say that I stopped eating meat since. So since then (2 weeks ago) I haven't touched meat and it makes me nauseous just the thought of it.

I have a vegetarian friend that told me that I shouldn't completely stop like this because I've always eaten meat and it can be a shock to my body. He says I should eat meat at least twice a week so I do it gradually.

But the thing is, I feel great! I feel good and with more energy. I feel light too! Not in a weight perspective, but in a spiritual perspective. I feel like I can think more clearly now.

So, although I understand what my friend says, I feel good and I simply can't do the change gradually because I can't even stand thinking about meat!

As long as you keep up your balance of nutrients in ways to sustain your own bodies needs I cant see why cutting out meat completely, would be an issue, unless of course you are not consciously listening to your body and what it needs nutrient wise to keep your own balance without meat.

Lorelyen
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM
I still eat chicken...I pretend it's pasta....?!?!? but otherwise don't touch meat. I've never been happy with eating dead bodies. I'm ok with dairy products. As naturesflow says, balance your nutriments.

You don't have to eat meat at all. I have the same problem with sweets...I can't give them up completely but I try!

Mr Interesting
01-06-2016, 07:41 PM
I just watched quite a bit of a Teal Swan video which an old friend of mine posted on Facebook but I only got 12 minutes into the 20 minutes before I had enough which essentially means she got to the point I think she was trying to make... though I might go back and watch the rest to see where she takes that essential point.

Now I suppose I should elucidate on what that point was and how it might relate this this particular thread... except I'm not going to. Why? Because we all have to figure out what's going on for ourselves within what we are given and may or maynot be asking for.

I like efficiency and the slow change which is to say that indeed a diet heavily based within vegetarian principles is good for us in many vital and earth appropriate ways except the system of supply is such that it isn't really so much in existence as it could be and to a certain extent having a vegetarian diet exclusively might create more stress on the system by way of supply within the greater context of what is available and how much shipping is involved.

And if I would illustrate this point it would go back to something I read many, many years ago which stated that one person driving a very old car belching heaps of fumes into the environment, in the long run, was better for the environment than another person in a brand new car which was using all the petrol and oil efficiently and issuing no fumes simply because 90 to 95% of the energy required to produce a vehicle and keep it on the road for it's lifetime goes into producing it and getting to the eventual owner.

This the reminds me of the time I wanted Hydrogen Peroxide at 30% to use with Hydrochloric Acid at 30% to create an etching solution for copper and so, me being me, I rang up a chemist on the telephone and got a fifteen minute lecture on how dangerous what I was doing was and how the internet, and all it's easy information, is often an accident waiting to happen, but then, right at the end, he told me to go to a Pool shop... and I did and got my Hydrogen Peroxide at industry strength!

And funnily enough even though I was told that this particular mixture fumes off pure chlorine gas I still had a good whiff just to make sure and found my breathing much better as this gas burnt off a layer of the crud in my lungs from smoking!

So to go right back to the beginning what, in effect, is your higher self seeking for you to learn by becoming a vegetarian? Oh, and until such times as your body can create it's own, then B12 is most readily available, cheaply and efficiently, within Brewers yeast.

Nature Grows
01-06-2016, 11:03 PM
For me i stopped eating meat and drinking alcohol both straight away just dropped them one day without doing it gradually that was a couple years ago just do what feels good for yourself.

ajay00
03-06-2016, 12:48 PM

If you feel good and energised by your decision within, then I would say to keep being vegetarian. I know of guys who stopped smoking after an inspiring moment or talk or seminar, and never restarted it again.

Apart from being animal friendly, vegetarianism is also environment friendly, as around 15 % of greenhouse gas emissions come from the meat industry.

As per research by conducted by scientists at the Oxford Martin School shows that if a generous portion of the population shifted to mostly a vegetarian diet (or at least consumed way less meat), it would make a significant change in global food-related emissions by nearly 1/3 by 2050. Widespread adoption of a vegetarian diet would also bring emissions down by 63%.

Vegetarianism is also healthier for the body and vegetarians have a significantly lower mortality rate than non-vegetarians. Vegetarians are also less prone to cancer than non-vegetarians.

Having said that vegetarian food are generally lower in iron than non-vegetarian food. So it is important to put vegetarian foods in the menu rich in iron like spinach, dried beans and dark green leafy vegetables along with vitamin c rich foods which helps in better absorption of iron.

All the best. :smile: