PDA

View Full Version : Does How Your Day Unfolds Depend On How You Adjust Your Mind?

Windbreeze
31-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Hello,

I have noticed that when I have mood swings, sometimes it has to do with what mind condition I have when get up. If I am worried or sad then my day will not be as great when I wake up in a good mood, with optimistic peaceful spirit.

For me the great day is when I wake up with excitement, move faster than usual throughout the day being able to get more things done and have clear thinking. In other words, I think I am talking about purpose.

I am trying to find what influences how I feel in the morning but at the moment it's not feasible to estimate due to many factors at play. So at least I thought I would be able to influence how the day goes for me if adjusting your mind is something that is known to work. This would really help even when I get up feeling negative and with no purpose as I would be able to shift thinking in the right direction.

You know that feeling when you wake up, aggressively hit the clock and get back to sleep because you don't want to do anything as if you lack your purpose? That's the one that can negatively affect how my day goes. I think it also influences feel of boredom, lethargy and eventually sleepiness.

Anyone has tips? Is the only way to shift your mind is through auto-suggestions, rituals etc.? Doesn't sound 100% natural to me but you are welcome to share your opinion. Thanks!

Adrienne
31-05-2016, 03:46 PM
It is helpful if one gets up on the right side of the bed :smile:

because if one gets up on the wrong side, the whole rest of the day just goes downhill, fast ! :icon_eek:

Mr Interesting
31-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Yes indeed this is all very relevant to how the day finds us willing or unwilling.

I myself slept in this morning to nearly 6.30 which I really like because the light comes very soon after that.

But even then, as in this late morning rise, I still give myself time in bed as wakefulness comes into me. The dreams I may have had I give myself time to ponder but in a way that I eventually realise I'm just thinking on specific attributes of those dreams and then kind of watching the more poignant reminders I let my mind quiet as I acknowledge the sense of me and then let it all go.

About this time I start hearing the birdsong and let myself drift with this for a while until the physicality of urgings make me rise and then on go the lights, but dimmed somewhat, and on go the clothes then it's a trudge through the mud, squelch, squelch and splotch, to the house for feeding the cats and making coffee, turning on this box and rolling cigarettes... a completely habitual system I go through until the light is so strong and willing I must jump out and into it.

Lorelyen
31-05-2016, 08:24 PM
It is helpful if one gets up on the right side of the bed :smile:

because if one gets up on the wrong side, the whole rest of the day just goes downhill, fast ! :icon_eek:

Oh dear, so that's it! Eureka!

The right side of my bed is butted up against a wall. I'd better change that tout suite, then I'll probably toot a lot sweeter during the day.

Ah well....

:smile:

Lorelyen
31-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Hello,

For me the great day is when I wake up with excitement, move faster than usual throughout the day being able to get more things done and have clear thinking. In other words, I think I am talking about purpose.

I am trying to find what influences how I feel in the morning but at the moment it's not feasible to estimate due to many factors at play. So at least I thought I would be able to influence how the day goes for me if adjusting your mind is something that is known to work....

I think you have the clue there. You need to allow yourself a little time to adjust to what you're doing with the day. When I was formally employed I'd leave the least possible time between getting up and having to be at the workplace. Double trouble, if I woke up in a pessimistic mood AND wasn't looking forward to work. Mum was never like that. She took her time getting up, making and taking breakfast. skimming through her newspaper. It seemed to work, gives you time (to reflect on how you felt) then facing the day - a kind of buffer - there may be things at hand that you know can change your mood easily, you get to know them, a choice of breakfast, a perfume, a choice of clothes for the occasion, a radio programme, a few minutes of physical exercise: deep breathing, a couple of yoga postures, press-ups against the kitchen counter... you name it.

naturesflow
31-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Hello,

I have noticed that when I have mood swings, sometimes it has to do with what mind condition I have when get up. If I am worried or sad then my day will not be as great when I wake up in a good mood, with optimistic peaceful spirit.

I am trying to find what influences how I feel in the morning but at the moment it's not feasible to estimate due to many factors at play. So at least I thought I would be able to influence how the day goes for me if adjusting your mind is something that is known to work. This would really help even when I get up feeling negative and with no purpose as I would be able to shift thinking in the right direction.

You know that feeling when you wake up, aggressively hit the clock and get back to sleep because you don't want to do anything as if you lack your purpose? That's the one that can negatively affect how my day goes. I think it also influences feel of boredom, lethargy and eventually sleepiness.

Anyone has tips? Is the only way to shift your mind is through auto-suggestions, rituals etc.? Doesn't sound 100% natural to me but you are welcome to share your opinion. Thanks!

Life is life how you feel, think, process what your walking through, how you get through things on a day to day basis. And of course all this reflects in you in some way, whether consciously or unconsciously so. Taking care of yourself through daily routines helps, pushing through and moving yourself with an understanding life goes on, even with all things going on. Pre sleep is important for me. Meaning winding down before going to bed. Finding relaxing things to do rather than being in over stimulated situations. I am noticing if I do this more frequently, I sleep better, hence wake feeling more clear even with all life stuff going on.

If I feel over burdened going to sleep, I will most likely process during sleep and have interrupted sleep and wake feeling less enthused about the next day's movements, because my body is weighed down my over night processing. So creating a ritual or practice of some kind to find your centre at the end of the day does help as well as at the beginning of the day.

Daily practices to build balance works for moi.

Baile
01-06-2016, 04:20 AM
Waking up to the day with joyful gratitude is in my top-five list of personal spiritual insights I've come to this lifetime. For me though it was a spontaneous awareness-revelation and paradigm shift; it wasn't something I set out to change or adjust. I connected with the reality of the eternal soul, reincarnation, and the miracle of physical life as the means whereby we undergo our soul-evolution and self-realization journey. Since then I've had nothing but profound appreciation for each day and each moment of life. And yes, one's attitude and outlook - waking each day in joyful appreciation of life - sets the tone for the whole day.

BlueSky
01-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Hello,

Maybe we really don't have the choice. Considering that we are not islands, we have to accept that we are influenced in ways we can't even imagine or remember. Maybe it's enough to be the watcher of the body/mind. Doing so would also eliminate mood swings as they cannot touch who you are.

Jyotir
01-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Hi TechnicGeek,

Morning sets the tone for the day.
This is why in many spiritual 'programmes' no matter what the specific tradition, aspirants meditate early in the morning or the very first thing after waking. This has an immediate and also, a cumulative effect on consciousness.

Many people come to this site and say, "I want to be spiritual but don't know how/where to begin". In that regard, a very simple but highly effective method is this excellent suggestion, previously posted by Baile:

Waking up to the day with joyful gratitude...

Gratitude not only is an implicit acknowledgement of Source Being, higher consciousness within, but also initiates an open dialog with it, and importantly serves to create tremendous receptivity (when sincere) for further intensification and expansion of the entire process. It's an open door for spiritual progress.

The whole point of spirituality is to effect meaningful spiritual progression consciously and deliberately. In that case, why leave it up to 'chance'? Wake up and instantly be true to true nature. Your soul, whether you see it or not, is there. It is beneficial to recognize and utilize it...consistently as the daily Sun-rise.

~ J

Unseelie Queen
01-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Waking up with excitement and gratitude is ideal, and seems to be most effective at preventing the tidal wave of anxious, negative mental fretting before it hits you.

However..! If you have wonky brain chemistry, you can wake up in a low, depressed mood every day, regardless. So, in those cases, you just have to try and pierce and dissipate that dark cloud just a little bit at least, before starting your day. As a card-carrying member of the Wonky Brain Chemistry Club-- some days I wake up in a serene, dizzy bliss, other days I wake up wanting to set the world on fire. And so I have to just ease myself into each day.
Besides, each day is distinctly different! (It helps for me to view them as actually different, as if each day is a door to a new world if I will simply allow it) With its own energy, its own magic or gloom, its own personality, almost. So it helps to sort of tune into that and adjust your mind accordingly. Some days feel inexplicably heavier. Joyful exuberance just does not come as easily those days, and I think that's fine; some days can be used for solemn introspection, rather than compulsive catastrophizing.

Mr Interesting
01-06-2016, 08:10 PM
How your mind unfolds depends on how you adjust your day?

Essentially then one would understand that the mind is folded and is in the process of unfolding as the circumstances permit which hints that shortcuts are available.

Miss Hepburn
02-06-2016, 02:34 AM
I know, I know...I am like a broken record...
I no longer have mood swings of any kind...
10 years ago I was told to practice Thought Control because I was so depressed from a breakup.

Who knew you could control all your feelings...
I choose the feeling of love...so I see to it...
Happiness, it's ok, but I have that ...peace of mind, have that...
trust in God, have that.
I have no reason to worry or stress over anything, at least not more than one minute.

Now devotion more and more, that is the prize I claim.
Love, more and more....when I found out I could ask God for this,
that was the end of moods.

My mind is in one gear...has one desire...loving God.
All else falls into place.
No unfolding of my mind...it is a straight arrow shooting for the Divine.

I think many must get sick of me saying things like this...but, if
one person can be inspired to place there thoughts on The Divine...then good.

ocean breeze
02-06-2016, 05:01 AM
I never felt a need to adjust my mind, even when i'm stressed out. A lot of times i just naturally wake up with a festive attitude. My mind is like "yes, today i'm alive lets celebrate that."

Adrienne
02-06-2016, 06:35 AM
I never felt a need to adjust my mind, even when i'm stressed out. A lot of times i just naturally wake up with a festive attitude. My mind is like "yes, today i'm alive lets celebrate that."

Great attitude to wake up with ocean breeze ! :smile: