PDA

View Full Version : Connecting with people in real and tangible ways

naturesflow
28-05-2016, 04:16 AM
Do you see your spirituality as being part of being connected and connecting as one?

How do you connect with people in real and tangible ways that honours your spirituality as yourself and your life, one with all life?

Luminary
28-05-2016, 04:35 AM
Do you see your spirituality as being part of being connected and connecting as one?

How do you connect with people in real and tangible ways that honours your spirituality as yourself and your life, one with all life?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, naturesflow. I sense you have something meaningful to say. Though I've had moments of insight into oneness, I have yet to apply it in practical ways. That's one reason why I joined this forum. I "get along" well with others in a superficial way and I have a few special relationships within family, but I'm pretty much a loner. Thanks for starting this thread. I hope you get lots of replies... I'll be reading.

naturesflow
28-05-2016, 04:41 AM
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, naturesflow. I sense you have something meaningful to say. Though I've had moments of insight into oneness, I have yet to apply it in practical ways. That's one reason why I joined this forum. I "get along" well with others in a superficial way and I have a few special relationships within family, but I'm pretty much a loner. Thanks for starting this thread. I hope you get lots of replies... I'll be reading.

Thankyou for responding. I hope you find connection here, sometimes new places can open new aspects of ourselves to open to more of the oneness of being. I will come back and respond more in depth as time permits, but I hope others share as well. I think its an important topic that opens up the nature of connection beyond ourselves alone and how that supports us all more deeply as one source together in this life.

Greenslade
28-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Our routines meant that our Paths had crossed on a fairly regular basis, a familiarity of an often-seen face had become a hello that turned into a conversation - as much as it could at least. She'd had a stroke and could only muster the odd single word but that didn't matter, her having a lot of difficulty walking meant I could be even more polite and soon a relationship built up to the point where I could jokingly take the mickey out of her sometimes. Around here that's what friends do. She's not in the least Spiritual in any way, I don't even suppose she knows what the word means. She has her own Light that shines through like an almost-tangible aura, a very gentle, kind and compassionate creature and I'm sure we've met before in some Past Life.

We met the other day and she looked so down-in-the-dumps, there was definitely something wrong although she tried hard not to show it. I tried to joke but it wasn't working. She told me her sister had died and as I wrapped my arms around her she collapsed into them. I felt everything, and even after she'd gone there was a lot if sadness and remorse, even to the point of fighting back the tears.

I put Spirituality into context - it is a belief system and something that I'm interested in. If I called myself a Spiritual person I would be causing disconnection. All of existence is Spirit, is a part of All That Is and if it's not then it's myself I have to question. My Universe is a reflection of me.

Lorelyen
28-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Another difficult, thought-provoking question. Oh dear....people have warned me about thinking...

This is one of those abstract ideas that falls back to beliefs... connecting as one spiritually? How much "as one"? because while we're all connected at the most fundamental level (wherever that may be) once we become individual we can only pay lip service to this oneness thing.

There is SO much abstract, so much reliance on belief that only the deepest spiritual idealist would claim we could become as one (as if it's easy to trace back to where that oneness is). We have many ideas, drives in common but our experiences of getting there are different.

Trying to encapsulate them in words (to distinguish chunks of our experiences which are a continuum otherwise) is impossible. A concept is mentioned here and the thread turns into attempts to define what respondents mean. Of course, this is hugely valuable as it expands those experiences and awareness for all who follow threads through - but it also highlights the futility of words).

I see my spirituality eventually uniting me with the godness that I should have been all along. There are glimpses, there's gnosis, but it's a preparation to me, a lifelong one. Whether that is an emanation of the One True Creator I have yet to find out.

I can only speak for myself but there's some kind of radiance recognisable from people who are spiritually "enlightened". (I'd love to say "who lead a spiritual life" but have to exclude the ascetics who usually have their sects if any and develop a dogma that allows them to communicate in their way - those who have (as the saying goes) renounced the world. I'm thinking you mean people who still interface with the unenlightened community?!).

Perhaps it emerges as open-mindedness, an awareness of human limitation, an eagerness to find out more about themselves and the state of humanity - and a willingness to accommodate, listen, assist, (et cetera) others who have those unanswerable questions about life, the universe and everything and aren't happy that the answer should be 42.

You meet through various pursuits that skate around the edge of spiritual pursuit - dance, yoga, art classes, writer circles, music appreciation (or the more technical side of these things); you recognise each other, you acquire a reputation. People "confess" to their leanings - the magicians and sorcerers, meditators, path-workers. And you learn of people who want to know, who enquire why we have those qualities that set us aside. You connect through talking or showing or melding auras.

One of the most common signs is being done with "the system of things", materialism abandoned except as we need to survive, a reverence for the ecology that supports us, things like that. So it seems with the people I'd class as friends, ready as emissaries toward the rest of the world when it's ready!

Phew, that hurt. Has anyone got any laudanum?
:smile:

John32241
28-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Hello,

In my case I see mutual respect as a key factor. There are not many who see life in the way that I do however if I am to be really true to my self and my spiritual perspective I must honor all ways of being.

John

jonesboy
28-05-2016, 02:58 PM

As one with all life you said.

Therefore they are you, an aspect of yourself.

Have patience, tolerance and forgiveness. Treat them as you would want to be treated because they are you.

Know that when they say or do something that upsets you it is your issues, obstructions. You don't have to agree with what they say or do but our upsets are our attachments.

There is also the desire to share with others what we experience and know with our friends and family. We have to understand that everyone is not ready, that not everyone is at the same place we are. That teaches us to love them for who they are not who we want them to be or what we want from them.

Luminary
28-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Hello,

In my case I see mutual respect as a key factor. There are not many we see life in the way that I do however if I am to be really true to my self and my spiritual perspective I must honor all ways of being.

John

I love this - I'd have to say this has been a revelation for me. A training was provided for me at work that emphasized mutual respect. It was life changing, a real turning point in my journey. Now I'm learning how to apply what I learned and it's even transforming my personal relationships.

Tanemon
28-05-2016, 04:03 PM

It happens naturally, when it happens. I don't bring a longing for oneness into my mind and, IRL, it's very rare when I talk with someone and use any language that smacks of spirituality or metaphysics.

Sometimes the way it comes together with people can be really surprising. More times than not, I sense relations can be harmed by any special display of 'my spiritual identity'. But subliminally, and sometimes at the conscious level, people can sense the glow or light in one another.

When I expected or hoped for something from people - something outgoing, connective, mutual - I was too often disappointed. The oneness of existence or life is much deeper than at the broad social level.

Unseelie Queen
28-05-2016, 04:35 PM
I can only speak for myself but there's some kind of radiance recognisable from people who are spiritually "enlightened". (I'd love to say "who lead a spiritual life" but have to exclude the ascetics who usually have their sects if any and develop a dogma that allows them to communicate in their way - those who have (as the saying goes) renounced the world. I'm thinking you mean people who still interface with the unenlightened community?!).

Perhaps it emerges as open-mindedness, an awareness of human limitation, an eagerness to find out more about themselves and the state of humanity - and a willingness to accommodate, listen, assist, (et cetera) others who have those unanswerable questions about life, the universe and everything and aren't happy that the answer should be 42.

You meet through various pursuits that skate around the edge of spiritual pursuit - dance, yoga, art classes, writer circles, music appreciation (or the more technical side of these things); you recognise each other, you acquire a reputation. People "confess" to their leanings - the magicians and sorcerers, meditators, path-workers. And you learn of people who want to know, who enquire why we have those qualities that set us aside. You connect through talking or showing or melding auras.

Yes! (Your entire post was wonderful. I could use some laudanum too, frankly, or maybe some absinthe.)

The "radiance" you speak of, the recognition, their tendency to "confess" as you say, and then the melding-- that is precisely how it happens.

Though this radiance can also be seen in those who do not even consciously realize they emanate it-- even those who simply do not have access to the knowledge we do or don't seek it out, for whatever reason (upbringing, small-town isolation, no internet/library etc), but still, they radiate. And when they are acknowledged-- instead of being ignored yet again due to their humble appearances or lack of eruditeness--they simply glow.
Of course every human and every soul contains worlds and entire universes-- I don't wish to imply that some are inexplicably more ~Special and Enlightened~ than others-- but that feeling of melding, or recognition, and the mutual blooming (you can viscerally feel the energy field growing and glowing) is quite wonderful, as it does not happen with just anyone, no matter how "enlightened" (in the classical sense) one is.

Sorry, went off on a tangent-- you put it far more eloquently than I could!

Luminary
28-05-2016, 04:39 PM
When I expected or hoped for something from people - something outgoing, connective, mutual - I was too often disappointed. The oneness of existence of life is much deeper than at the broad social level.

Perhaps this is why I have failed to make the connections I've hoped for - I hold a preconception of what that should look like. Would you tell me what you mean by your last sentence?

And I'm trying to learn the acronyms - IRL?

Mr Interesting
28-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Done the people thing now I'm onto animals after the prompting from her what's got a tricky name and now I'll have to go back and copy it from her 'Animal Communication Practise' thread... even though we're now facebook friends and I can remember, easily, that name but I can't really use that here.

So yesterday I've parked the car and I'm dropping something off at the markets to a chap that needs something I got given so I'm passing it on and I've parked the car quite far away 'cause it's easier to get an easy park and walk than drive about trying to get close...

And I've got this big bundle under my arm and I've just managed to light the ciggie I'd rolled even though the matches were slightly wet and there was only a couple left...

I hear this angry dog barking and it's close and I'll be walking past it so I wonder if it's in a car or wandering, I kinda live in a wild dog pack area so one has to be aware, but then I think 'That's right, I can communicate with animals now so it'll be fine' and almost right then the dog appears, behind a fence... poor chap, and he's a massive alsation and so I say 'Hello Mr Barky... (or something like that), aren't you lovely?' and he goes as quiet as a Mouse and is kinda completely mystified... I spoke a little more, silent like and in my head... he just totally get's it and we are both happy to have met.

Yup, animals now. Human's have given up attack mode and just enjoy a happy interlude so now it's the wild and the weary of the often four legged variety.

Tanemon
28-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Luminary, IRL means "in real life" - generally understood to mean "off the internet, outside of chat rooms, and such" - the world of day-to-day contacts with people in the workplace, in shops, at school, in a bus, train or plane, in a hotel lobby, whatever.

That last sentence in my post was "The oneness of existence or life is much deeper than at the broad social level." (that should have been or, not of, as I originally mis-keyed) Meaning, the oneness exists whether people are aware or not, whether they agree with one another or not, whether they respect or treat each other decently or not, recognize a spiritual dimension or not, and so on. I'd say it underlies what we are and what we experience.

Luminary
28-05-2016, 09:09 PM
That last sentence in my post was "The oneness of existence or life is much deeper than at the broad social level." (that should have been or, not of, as I originally mis-keyed) Meaning, the oneness exists whether people are aware or not, whether they agree with one another or not, whether they respect or treat each other decently or not, recognize a spiritual dimension or not, and so on. I'd say it underlies what we are and what we experience.

Thanks so much. This makes a lot of sense to me...

...and makes me think of how much others provide mirrors for me, especially the ones in which I find the most unappealing reflections.:icon_evil:

naturesflow
28-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Another difficult, thought-provoking question. Oh dear....people have warned me about thinking...

I picked you first. (Aren't you lucky )No reason other than it felt like you opened up some good points for me to reflect on first and foremost.

I am sorry I have opened the thinking box, I hope it didn't hurt too much Lorelyen.

This is one of those abstract ideas that falls back to beliefs... connecting as one spiritually? How much "as one"? because while we're all connected at the most fundamental level (wherever that may be) once we become individual we can only pay lip service to this oneness thing.

This is true in all you share. But, ( I have a but in my confrontational manner that arises at times..:wink:) how far can the individual take the connection of spirituality to become the oneness as a state of being, that ends and breaks down all barriers to be that fundamental level moving through all life in themselves? Meaning where you are with what is one with you.

There is SO much abstract, so much reliance on belief that only the deepest spiritual idealist would claim we could become as one (as if it's easy to trace back to where that oneness is). We have many ideas, drives in common but our experiences of getting there are different.

We as in you, you mean?

Trying to encapsulate them in words (to distinguish chunks of our experiences which are a continuum otherwise) is impossible. A concept is mentioned here and the thread turns into attempts to define what respondents mean. Of course, this is hugely valuable as it expands those experiences and awareness for all who follow threads through - but it also highlights the futility of words).

Yes, words alone can create a limited attempt at conveying the whole, your right, so often we get lots of pieces in various ways defining it as one just in different ways of it all. I wonder about you in the state of your own being through, conveying, do you and can you notice how much of you is conveying itself through your own posts? Meaning in self reflection do you see yourself in all those pieces conveying, even as you might articulate and show yourself through your own piece of the whole? Because to me when I resist seeing myself in all that, it shows me that I am in some way not embracing the whole in myself.

For me the whole is everything in everyway of itself. Not just the spiritual essence or *oneness* connection that moves through all life. For me to know my own completeness, more complete in myself as a whole, unless I am willing to see myself in all life as it is in everyway it is its individual piece or otherwise, I cannot know the fullness of the oneness or experience this state more open and in flow of the whole.. So that means being present with everything I am being in this way, means not just looking/relating to a person as just spirit, but looking at a person as everything they are. Accepting it all as a complete interconnected creation, regardless of how their individuation plays out. And I am not just meaning, look and know, I mean look and feel, open to know it all in myself as it is. This is how I know my own spirit, this is how I come to know and see, feel the oneness in me. Nothing is overlooked in me, when it is, I am dismissing a vital piece of the whole creation that gives me life more complete.

I see my spirituality eventually uniting me with the godness that I should have been all along. There are glimpses, there's gnosis, but it's a preparation to me, a lifelong one. Whether that is an emanation of the One True Creator I have yet to find out.

Yes I agree with you in that it is a lifelong process. My becoming through spirituality initially, was really my preparation for life itself. I see this now. Opening to be more aware of myself more complete, it gives me more choices in how I wish and choose to be in this world. The *goodness* I call my *feeling connected more to my true nature* beyond what I once felt. Being more in the goodness, allows me now to move through the world with others and all life with a more contented feeling of balance and feeling more grounded in myself.

For me the emanation of the One is not just one thing, its everything created through the one, and where I am and where I focus is just one piece of this emanation in my movement and focus. But as a state of being that emanation when I am still and present with what is there in everyway of it being there, allows me more to be in this flow/emanation of the one regardless of what is moving through the whole creation. So again for me it is about my own connection and presence in myself that determines how life interacts with me.

One/intellect/soul/nature=illumination of your own essence/light.

Yes a radiance that illuminates I would say. People light up the world in many ways as we know. But this way your describing, is an silent radiance that reflects itself just through being itself. It can naturally touch people without words or reasons, more just a reflection of presence that is open and flowing outwardly as it is..

Yes our interactions in so many ways of being and being involved with life/self do open up deeper awareness of others and interconnected sameness, differences and all that jazz. I like what you say about talking, showing and melding auras. That shows me that even the non doing of being we are still interacting with life, in tangible and real ways. The doing is another way, the non doing a way as one.

People are important in the greater scheme of relating and being a part of life, feeling a sense of community and belonging, but then our own deeper connection in just being true and in that *goodness* state can be just as fulfilling, enjoying life alone.

I think balance comes into this one for me at least. My personal interactions with people and being alone creating, being in nature are all important to me in the real and tangible ways of being connected.

One of the most common signs is being done with "the system of things", materialism abandoned except as we need to survive, a reverence for the ecology that supports us, things like that. So it seems with the people I'd class as friends, ready as emissaries toward the rest of the world when it's ready!

Phew, that hurt. Has anyone got any laudanum?

Sorry bout that. Blame me, for pondering my thoughts out loud. :wink:
Hope you found a fix.

ocean breeze
29-05-2016, 12:42 AM
I feel more of a disconnection with people yet a very strong connection with nature. I can be hiking alone in the woods and feel a very strong connection with the animals, with the earth, but with people i often feel out of place. Maybe one day that will change. It would be nice to feel that connection everyone is talking about. :smile:

Later. :smile:

Lorelyen
29-05-2016, 12:10 PM
This is a most edifying discussion - the kind I love to have in the quiet of a rural pub in the height of our summer (which is about as hot as your coolest winter day) but early evening; not much alcohol - enough to relax ones being - and just ruminate. A sort of Pink Floyd "Grantchester Meadows" mood.

Here, I'll probably need a couple of posts to continue but here's a start.

I am sorry I have opened the thinking box, I hope it didn't hurt too much Lorelyen.Oh no, it's fine, honestly. Nothing that a cup of tea and couple of asprins didn't put right. :D

This is true in all you share. But, ( I have a but in my confrontational manner that arises at times..:wink:) how far can the individual take the connection of spirituality to become the oneness as a state of being, that ends and breaks down all barriers to be that fundamental level moving through all life in themselves? Meaning where you are with what is one with you.

I worry about getting too clinical sometimes. Maybe it's my failing with words that leads me to try to throw some kind of light on the inexplicable. I sort-of have a bifurcated view about this "we're all one (somewhere or another)" In one sense, sure, we're all part of a whole - components in a system in which everything is functionally related. "Physical" doesn't matter because our experience of phenomena is "spiritual". So, ontically speaking it's all bound together.

However, I have to ask "how relevant is it?" Here in our wakeful state we're individuals. You can have all the collectivity you like but that doesn't actually bring us closer to any oneness with all, ie. the system as a whole. We're still just components of it, interacting, interrelating, causing and effecting in ways that probably won't interfere with other goings-on. It's merely consoling to know that the thing is a system. As Jesus said to Mary Magdalene, "everything works together."

We as in you, you mean?
More the royal "we"..... Mae hawsband and aie... Eoh, how simply wahhhnderful.... LOL

Yes, words alone can create a limited attempt at conveying the whole, your right, so often we get lots of pieces in various ways defining it as one just in different ways of it all. I wonder about you in the state of your own being through, conveying, do you and can you notice how much of you is conveying itself through your own posts? Meaning in self reflection do you see yourself in all those pieces conveying, even as you might articulate and show yourself through your own piece of the whole? Because to me when I resist seeing myself in all that, it shows me that I am in some way not embracing the whole in myself.

Well, perhaps I don't actually notice is as I write but I think what you say is true - but isn't it true of all of us who can express something of ourselves stylistically. Thus it would be part of the whole though I'm not aware of it when on a particular aspect which down here on earth is a very tiny part of it. Those of poetic inclination do far better than me. The fact that I can appreciate them tells me they are saying something I'd like to say a lot better than I.
On commenting (or writing generally I suppose) one is usually concerned with just some aspect that in itself is remote from that whole. In context, therefore, does it matter? If I was describing a movie on TV for instance, I don't have to be aware of how a team of people got a production under way, where they got the money from, how it was converted into a transmission, received in my TV's tuned circuits as electrical doo-dah and transduced into a medium through which I can experience the film. One "knows" the whole is there but it isn't relevant to discuss the detail.

Sort of thing....

For me the whole is everything in everyway of itself. Not just the spiritual essence or *oneness* connection that moves through all life. For me to know my own completeness, more complete in myself as a whole, unless I am willing to see myself in all life as it is in everyway it is its individual piece or otherwise, I cannot know the fullness of the oneness or experience this state more open and in flow of the whole.. So that means being present with everything I am being in this way, means not just looking/relating to a person as just spirit, but looking at a person as everything they are. Accepting it all as a complete interconnected creation, regardless of how their individuation plays out. And I am not just meaning, look and know, I mean look and feel, open to know it all in myself as it is. This is how I know my own spirit, this is how I come to know and see, feel the oneness in me. Nothing is overlooked in me, when it is, I am dismissing a vital piece of the whole creation that gives me life more complete.

Understand. There are times when contemplation leads me along the same (or a similar) avenue. The difference seems to be the balance in the way we "receive". You refer to the "flow of the whole". That's a more poetic and insightful expression than my "that's the system at work." because it moves on. We have a great common ground in our receipt of what's around us - people, you quote. We're on the same wavelength. And this is why I try to "touch" people lightly (in the interation sense) so that they can individuate and just be, with me a minimal factor in their equation.

I'll continue this in a while. There is more to say. (Oh no! do I hear. Isn't this enough!!) I'll probably wear the edit button down a bit before the afternoon is out.

Lorelyen
29-05-2016, 01:44 PM
For me the emanation of the One is not just one thing, its everything created through the one, and where I am and where I focus is just one piece of this emanation in my movement and focus. But as a state of being that emanation when I am still and present with what is there in everyway of it being there, allows me more to be in this flow/emanation of the one regardless of what is moving through the whole creation. So again for me it is about my own connection and presence in myself that determines how life interacts with me.

One/intellect/soul/nature=illumination of your own essence/light.

Possibly though influence and background I took in the Kabbalistic ideology which, while I'm no Kabbalist, works in principle for me. The One True Creator emanated the world (the while aside from Itself) through a cascade of stages until the emanations solidified into the material world. If we have a connection to the whole it is up that "ladder". It ties in with the path-working I (still) practice, the aim being successive refinement that opens casements onto the energies of our experiences, our ontology, our mysteries. If you'll excuse me saying so, your awareness is right on.

Yes a radiance that illuminates I would say. People light up the world in many ways as we know. But this way your describing, is an silent radiance that reflects itself just through being itself. It can naturally touch people without words or reasons, more just a reflection of presence that is open and flowing outwardly as it is..
There you are, you see, putting it far more eloquently than I did, but it's what I meant!

Yes our interactions in so many ways of being and being involved with life/self do open up deeper awareness of others and interconnected sameness, differences and all that jazz. I like what you say about talking, showing and melding auras. That shows me that even the non doing of being we are still interacting with life, in tangible and real ways. The doing is another way, the non doing a way as one.

Thank you. But that is how we discover each other and acknowledge that ontology without interfering with it, really. In terms of tangible ways as your o/p queried, the follow-up is the interaction at a spiritual level where the real discoveries can be experienced and, if acceptable, exploited.

People are important in the greater scheme of relating and being a part of life, feeling a sense of community and belonging, but then our own deeper connection in just being true and in that *goodness* state can be just as fulfilling, enjoying life alone.

I think balance comes into this one for me at least. My personal interactions with people and being alone creating, being in nature are all important to me in the real and tangible ways of being connected.

Yes. I mean, to me in even a colloquial sense life is about people. Many of our creative endeavours when they aren't aimed at communication, are still expressions of our interactions with people and our selves.

Most thought-provoking. Responding to your posts is creative interaction and I press the submit button just that much richer....assuming I'm not going completely off the rails!!

A human Being
29-05-2016, 02:37 PM
When I expected or hoped for something from people - something outgoing, connective, mutual - I was too often disappointed. The oneness of existence or life is much deeper than at the broad social level.
This is a great point, imo, because when we have these hopes or expectations of others, we're not appreciating them for them, and then we can become very judgmental and critical. I think very often we fail to sense a connection with people whose attitudes and behaviours we deem to be 'wrong' or 'bad' (ie their thinking and behaviour doesn't correspond to our own), because on some level we think of them as 'other.' But for me, when I can accept people just the way they are, then I can feel a connection (yes, even with Sheila from accounts who talks endlessly about 'Britain's Got Talent' and 'Hollyoaks'). Doesn't neccessarily mean we're going to be bezzie mates, but there's still an appreciation and a connection.

Tanemon
29-05-2016, 04:20 PM
But for me, when I can accept people just the way they are, then I can feel a connection (yes, even with Sheila from accounts who talks endlessly about 'Britain's Got Talent' and 'Hollyoaks'). Doesn't neccessarily mean we're going to be bezzie mates, but there's still an appreciation and a connection.
Yes. And, without expecting anything, maybe at work one finds oneself, on some occasion, in telepathic communication with somebody - with someone who generally seems to be the most conventional, skeptical, pop-cultural-minded, mundane sort of person. And maybe you both recognize this link.

Things like that. :wink:

At the same time, I agree with Lorelyen's observation: "You meet [some individuals] through various pursuits that skate around the edge of spiritual pursuit - dance, yoga, art classes, writer circles, music appreciation (or the more technical side of these things); you recognise each other, you acquire a reputation. People 'confess' to their leanings" This is a different way of connecting or meeting, where the avenue can be mutual interests.

7luminaries
29-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Nice thread all :) I have enjoyed reading very much!

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

Uma
20-07-2016, 03:32 AM
"Treat others as you would like to be treated"
http://www.harryhiker.com/poster.gif

naturesflow
20-07-2016, 03:36 AM
So how does that work for you Uma in the interconnectedness of all this your showing in this visual?

Is it easy for you and how do people respond to you with this intent in your world?

I guess you wanted to carry on in this thread so we can share here if you want too?

naturesflow
20-07-2016, 03:37 AM
By carry on I meant further on (sorry it was a poor choice of wording on my part) from your own meditation thread where you posted and were showing much of this what is here in this thread and in me as one.

Uma
20-07-2016, 03:54 AM
So how does that work for you Uma in the interconnectedness of all this your showing in this visual?
You mean the Golden Rule poster?
I think they are all saying basically the same thing.
To me it means "I see God in me and I see God in you."
That is actually like the Hindu greeting "Namaste" or "Namaskar" which both mean "I bow to the Divine in you"
It means I interpret God speaking to me through everyone, and through every rock and flower.
It means I identify with my Higher Self, and I look for my Higher Self in everyone I meet.
It means I try not to get derailed by my lower self, nor by the lower self in others.
I don't know if this answers your question. I'm not sure I understand your question.

Is it easy for you and how do people respond to you with this intent in your world?
It is easy for me when I am centered in my being, connected to the Divine.
If I am off center, or really tired and not able to get centered, then it is really hard especially when people are being negative.
But for the most part I try to be a light to my world, to uplift my world, to think positive, to express the best me I can, and to inspire other people to be more positive or at least to feel good.
No it is not easy to do 100% of the time.
It's amazing what a smile can do for a person or any simple act of kindness,
just sending them love - it can turn their whole day around, and it has this wonderful ripple effect that they may smile or do a random act of kindness to someone else and then it pays itself forward.
It's nice to be nice.
There are some people with emotional insecurities or whatever reason that causes them to be negative and even hostile. With these it's harder work.
Even for Sri Vasudeva, it's harder work to uplift others who live in a really dark space, but he always comes from a space of being centered in unconditional love. He's my role model, so I tried to live that.

I hope that answers your questions. Thanks for asking :)

naturesflow
20-07-2016, 04:06 AM
You mean the Golden Rule poster?
I think they are all saying basically the same thing.
To me it means "I see God in me and I see God in you."
That is actually like the Hindu greeting "Namaste" or "Namaskar" which both mean "I bow to the Divine in you"
It means I interpret God speaking to me through everyone, and through every rock and flower.
It means I identify with my Higher Self, and I look for my Higher Self in everyone I meet.
It means I try not to get derailed by my lower self, nor by the lower self in others.
I don't know if this answers your question. I'm not sure I understand your question.

It is easy for me when I am centered in my being, connected to the Divine.
If I am off center, or really tired and not able to get centered, then it is really hard especially when people are being negative.
But for the most part I try to be a light to my world, to uplift my world, to think positive, to express the best me I can, and to inspire other people to be more positive or at least to feel good.
No it is not easy to do 100% of the time.
It's amazing what a smile can do for a person or any simple act of kindness,
just sending them love - it can turn their whole day around, and it has this wonderful ripple effect that they may smile or do a random act of kindness to someone else and then it pays itself forward.
It's nice to be nice.
There are some people with emotional insecurities or whatever reason that causes them to be negative and even hostile. With these it's harder work.
Even for Sri Vasudeva, it's harder work to uplift others who live in a really dark space, but he always comes from a space of being centered in unconditional love. He's my role model, so I tried to live that.

I hope that answers your questions. Thanks for asking :)

In part it does thankyou for expanding further.

I opened a new thread through the inspiration of our own relating so you may see something more in my view arising that speaks a little more direct.

Thanks again.

DavidB
20-07-2016, 04:39 AM

Hold no agenda and always allow what is to be as it is. Be the spaciousness in which what is can be.

naturesflow
20-07-2016, 04:42 AM
Hold no agenda and always allow what is to be as it is. Be the spaciousness in which what is can be.

That's a pretty good answer really.

Be the spaciousness in which what is can be.

That to me speaks of someone who is ok with people as they are perhaps?

Do you get agitated by others in their ways even in direct contact?

Gem
20-07-2016, 10:59 AM
"Treat others as you would like to be treated"
I really don't think that works because other people may not like being treated in the same way as you do. I have found this often. Although I enjoy simplistic catchy phrases as much as anyone, I consider them to be 'cute' and not 'profound'. Treating people with respect isn't all that simple, because it's first more about not treating them in ways you do not like being treated, rather than treating them as you would like to be (with restraint rather than assumption). Space, permission, consent is a way to find out how anyone likes being treated and how they do not, and respect is treating people according to their own boundaries. You can't simply be like, I like being treated this way, so that's how I'm going to treat you.

Touched
20-07-2016, 11:12 AM
I see spirituality as connection

This is why The Golden Rule is considered a spiritual tenet, because it assumes our connection and interconnectedness.

The ego reflects the Material perspective, asserting that we are all separate, and that ones loss is anothers gain.

To me this illustrates perfectly the difference in the Spiritual and Material perspectives.

Uma
20-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Although I enjoy simplistic catchy phrases as much as anyone, I consider them to be 'cute' and not 'profound'. Treating people with respect isn't all that simple…
…This is why The Golden Rule is considered a spiritual tenet, because it assumes our connection and interconnectedness. The ego reflects the Material perspective, asserting that we are all separate, and that ones loss is anothers gain. To me this illustrates perfectly the difference in the Spiritual and Material perspectives.

The idea of the Golden Rule to me means challenging the boundaries that limited ego creates for itself. It takes courage to do this, when one is not centred in their best self and it means acting appropriately in every situation - acting in the way of wisdom:
"Be the change you wish to see in the world," ~ Mahatma Gandhi
I love Gandhi's example. I think the idea of the Golden Rule is to inspire people to live to their higher standards - to appeal to their better/deeper ego and in doing so also lift your own ego to your higher standards. That's putting Gandhi's words into action. The problem is people don't have higher standards anymore - they don't even think about this as a possibility. As technology has advanced people only seem to regress more into savagery - just read the headlines. What ever happened to kindness, compassion, respect and decency? How did these end up in the garbage?

I live with the teaching that as within so without - that everything "outside of me" is a reflection of how I am relating to the Divine and how I am relating to my body cells. This truth is realized through mystical experience because when I change my thoughts, feelings and behaviours, everything changes outside of me like magic. That's why, as Sri Vasudeva and other spiritual masters teach, it hurts to hurt someone else, even in thought, because we are connected and interconnected at a deeper level. The fact that we even have that power is known through mystical experience - that which lifts the veil of the material world to reveal the real mechanisms going on.

So I try my best to uplift and to learn what the Divine is saying to me through the other person, but if they persist in reacting in a negative way, I will honour their wish to stay in their dark and narrow minded world and withdraw. If I am attracting these types of people to me, I have to look hard at myself and ask what is it that I am doing to attract this? Or it could be karma, and testing my spirituality.