PDA

View Full Version : islam questions

declan
25-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Hi. People are afraid of Islam.Im not afraid of Islam myself , but i am becoming concerned. I have some friends who are growing intensely militant about islam.I am a believer in the goodness of mankind.However the preaching s of the imams makes it clear that if they were in the position of authority over billions of humans they would kill them all if they would not convert to islam.How should i react to this.Please explain all the hate and violence we see towards the non believers. Thanking you.

Lorelyen
25-05-2016, 10:28 PM
You need to look at whys and wherefores of the founding of Islam, and read its holy book. Look at 22:19-22 and remember that those who do not follow certain of these instructions can be accused of apostasy. It would be quite inappropriate to give my own interpretation of its history here but reading around commentary rather than pure Islamic sites will inform your opinion.

Islam has some very good, strong points. It also has problems for non-Islamists. Like all religions it has its moderate followers and its extremists.

Light Seeker
25-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Just to give my answer to this question.

As far as I have understood, In the round, Within all paths that I have encountered there would seem to be some element of fundamentalism and extremism...That is to say ..all paths and all religions.(Not to mention Political Paths) have demonstrated blinkered intolerance as far as I can see and very sadly , with all too often, through out history and in the present, this has resulted in very cruel and heartbreaking consequences.

Is islam nasty. No , just some parts of it are.

Still_Waters
25-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Islam has some very good, strong points. It also has problems for non-Islamists. Like all religions it has its moderate followers and its extremists.

Well put.

I've actually been going to some Islamic mosques lately where I've met with Shaiks and Imams.

I'm not planning to convert, but I do feel very comfortable there.

Floatsy
26-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Hi. People are afraid of Islam.Im not afraid of Islam myself , but i am becoming concerned. I have some friends who are growing intensely militant about islam.I am a believer in the goodness of mankind.However the preaching s of the imams makes it clear that if they were in the position of authority over billions of humans they would kill them all if they would not convert to islam.How should i react to this.Please explain all the hate and violence we see towards the non believers. Thanking you.

There is a strong anti-Muslim sentiment, and maybe there is also a strong anti-Western sentiment, but like all things, I try not to get swept away by the generalizations. One of my good friends is Muslim and a very nice man. I also respect that many Muslims have the same aims and goals of most people: peaceful lives, bread on the table and all. I do not "fear monger" because I think of these people - ordinary people just trying to make their way through life.

My initial contact with the religion was through Sufism, and I have long admired and respect their tradition and revelations.

I did Google the Quran last weeks and I think there are some phrases which can be latched on to to commit violence, so I think the caution is at the same time warranted.

Any religion can be corrupted per se by belief or harm, which is why language is quite an important tool or utility.

So I guess I would say there are very violent people in this world with beliefs/philosophies that can harm us all, but it's important I feel to look at people as individuals and see how they interpret/live their tradition/principles - rather than scapegoat or stereotype all 1 billion + Muslims.

At the same time, the kind of fear and hate of Muslims is just becoming a mirror and continuation of that same type of energy - so no-one wins in situations like this if you just become what one might despise.

I feel that this is the perspective to maintain. Many governments and corporations benefit from divisiveness, fear and hatred, so it's important to stand your own ground and principles, even if you feel the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Just my 2c.

Jeremy Bong
26-05-2016, 04:53 AM

Hey declen,

Every religion can be easily influenced and affected by a strong spirit that is how I was told by God or Allah. Religion is like a big piece of delicious meat. It has so many believers if controlled or took over he would have a lot of supporters.

On the other hand when people died in wars, the Gods or aliens are waiting and sucking the spiritual energy for enriching their spirits. They have this agendas to control and provoking their "supporters" to produce an unconscious will or concept to fight to exterm and become extermist. That is evil influences and mind control to create wars in order to kill and produce human energy food (after human got killed in battle field)for the evils.

None of the people ever take notice, the mind control is so great that caused the world in turmoil. But that is the main reason war outburst here and there.

The second reason may be the nature and greediness of human. People always think that the chances to win in war is very promising at certain time but at behind is evil's arrangement for it.

So to avoid wars is to have a perfect peaceful relationship of either aliens and gods in the
spiritual realm. And impose rules for all gods and aliens to obey and will be enforced by good Gods.

The question is how and who can do that? I have done it for two years to cut off the evil influence so that human will use their wisdom to solve their problems and confusions.

Lorelyen
26-05-2016, 07:10 AM
I did Google the Quran last weeks and I think there are some phrases which can be latched on to to commit violence, so I think the caution is at the same time warranted.
This is why it's important to look at its history - why it was founded, by whom and what was his agenda.

At the same time, the kind of fear and hate of Muslims is just becoming a mirror and continuation of that same type of energy - so no-one wins in situations like this if you just become what one might despise. The problem is - if you read its holy book - that it is a sworn enemy of Christendom. There are instructions of what Muslims must do to/with non-Muslims. And its extremist followers carry them out. Fear is inevitable when you simply don't know whether you're going to arrive at a destination safely or not. Just a glance at world events tells you that. What faith, you must ask, is behind the need for vast security at airports? for instance.

Christianity was as "bad" before the Reformation. (I know probably more of the history than many here of Christian treatment of black slaves in the Antilles, and the stories are not at all nice. The Christian propaganda machine has been in overdrive over that.)

However, Christendom finally settled down and its various fights won its societies many freedoms - freedom of faith - you don't get executed for abandoning the faith;- of expression, equality, emancipation. It still has nasties - e.g. its treatment of homosexuality but it is essentially peaceful.

However, the situation is vastly more complex than just Islam arriving in "the west". It's cultural about which discussion here is prohibited, Perhaps I can get away with pointing to cultures inherited from Christendom seem to be being subverted by Islam. The you tube video "With Open Gates" tells its own story and may explain some of the fear. It's not without some justification. For all that most Muslims are just ordinary people, getting through life, working, looking after their families, etc.

declan
26-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Thanks all for your replies.I had been hoping that a Muslim might be able to throw some light on my question. I believe mostly people want to live and let live .However recently a friend has been sending me clips of Muslims calling for the deaths of unbelievers, the introduction of sharia law in the west and that the end goal of Islam in the course of time is for a Muslim only earth. There is no all encompassing answer. I think Islam is in need of reform and needs to come out of the 7th century.

Jeremy Bong
27-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Thanks all for your replies.I had been hoping that a Muslim might be able to throw some light on my question. I believe mostly people want to live and let live .However recently a friend has been sending me clips of Muslims calling for the deaths of unbelievers, the introduction of sharia law in the west and that the end goal of Islam in the course of time is for a Muslim only earth. There is no all encompassing answer. I think Islam is in need of reform and needs to come out of the 7th century.

To reform and be a Muslim only earth so has to cause the turmoil on earth first and to destroy almost 90% of non-Muslim. What about 90 to 1 combat in anyway or anyplace I think that is not a comfortable battle.

The idea isn't that welcomed for must people plus the atheists. I have a good idea: buy an island build your robots citizens and let them only know one religion no confusion and becoming an ideal one religion nation. This is only a theory but a more easy way to achieve.

Last time there was a concept to turn the earth a Communist earth. So the result no an expected one.....

Intuitive Guy
04-07-2016, 05:35 AM
I watched "why they hate us" on CNN, hosted by Fareed Zakaria. He stated that an estimated 80+% of Muslims believe that a person should be put to death if they leave Islam. Can anyone speak to this? Is this true? Can you site sources that say otherwise.

Chopper45
04-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Most Muslim populations also believe that sharia law isn't being properly followed by the Muslim leaders today. For example, Saudi Arabia has a long line of corrupt royal authority when Islam is completely against monarchy in the first place. So, just remember people aren't perfect, but to the followers of Islam their religion is the word of god so God's word is more perfect than the those who mistreat the practice of Islam.

Gem
04-07-2016, 11:02 AM
I watched "why they hate us" on CNN, hosted by Fareed Zakaria. He stated that an estimated 80+% of Muslims believe that a person should be put to death if they leave Islam. Can anyone speak to this? Is this true? Can you site sources that say otherwise.

Sure, don't believe what isvyltold by CNN. I mean the title Why They Hate Us... You can tell it's sensationalist nonsense by that alone, right?

Marwan
14-08-2016, 10:10 PM

My friend look at Muslim salutation "SALAMU ALIKOM" means PEACE ON YOU , and we say it for any human regardless of his or her believes

About your concern Muslims might kill non believers , if you look back in history ,I.e in early age of Islam , Muslims did give people of other faith the choice to enter Islam or pay some amount
If Muslims did kill all people who didn't want to convert to Islam , you will not find any Christians or Jews living until today in countries like Lebanon or Iraq or Palestine or Egypt.....

By the way all prophets from Adam till prophet MOHAMMED Peace be upon him , were all Muslims , you will say how???
But when you know what Muslim means you will understand

Peace on you my friend

Marwan
14-08-2016, 10:22 PM
This is why it's important to look at its history - why it was founded, by whom and what was his agenda.

The problem is - if you read its holy book - that it is a sworn enemy of Christendom. There are instructions of what Muslims must do to/with non-Muslims. And its extremist followers carry them out. Fear is inevitable when you simply don't know whether you're going to arrive at a destination safely or not. Just a glance at world events tells you that. What faith, you must ask, is behind the need for vast security at airports? for instance.

I can understand that you did read our holy book, can you please refer me to the verse ,where I can know the" instructions"?!!!

gods.lighe.houria
31-10-2016, 06:37 PM
you asked a very good question
I'm born as a Muslim but I never stopped asking questions like : why should I worship a God who’s threatening me all the time, but I didn’t stop until I came to find the truth that God never did that. All that fear & violence didn’t come with Islam or any other religion, it came from the bigotry of those imams,
When you read the original text of holy Quaran you’ll find that the first thing should Muslims respect is others beliefs: “There is no compulsion in religion” Al-Baqra Verse No:256
Besides is it logical to force others to convert to islam while their hearts & souls don’t believe? This is the most stupid thing, don’t you think? That’s why I stopped listening to imams & follow my heart & my soul
Anyway I believe now God wants us to love him & worship him with love, without fear

Merlini
01-11-2016, 03:38 AM

That is exactly the point, they misuse and misguide themselves by thinking its the7th cenury still where civilization hasnt learned to be civil and accepted of law around the world. Remembere these imans r worldly taught in academia and schooling seminar stuff. And thereby miss out on the true msg of deen al islam... the religion of islam..

its rater then a personal issue which is being taught wrongly around the world and known as the islam many now perceive it to be.. ie exstrimists

knightofalbion
01-11-2016, 09:27 AM
I'm born as a Muslim but I never stopped asking questions like : why should I worship a God who’s threatening me all the time, but I didn’t stop until I came to find the truth that God never did that. All that fear & violence didn’t come with Islam or any other religion, it came from the bigotry of those imams,
When you read the original text of holy Quaran you’ll find that the first thing should Muslims respect is others beliefs: “There is no compulsion in religion” Al-Baqra Verse No:256
Besides is it logical to force others to convert to islam while their hearts & souls don’t believe? This is the most stupid thing, don’t you think? That’s why I stopped listening to imams & follow my heart & my soul
Anyway I believe now God wants us to love him & worship him with love, without fear

Great post!

Chakera
24-11-2016, 09:24 PM

Oh my God!! I have just entered this post and read very interesting But Not true facts about Islam!! I dont know how people can judge a religion that has been existed for over 1600 years ago by seeing some vedios on youtube or reading a book or watching certain behaviour on some muslims!!!
Any university graduate person would agree that to do the simpliest assignment and submite to uni should go through Alot of research, facts, resources, books and really hard work to get accepted and get good matk.. so how can any one judge that certin religion is Bad or Good based on what he heared or seen!!!
Thats not fair..
I am muslim lady and i have friends from other religions.. religion is something personal between you and the creator and can influence the way you think, deal with problems, and be part of the society..
islam is one of fast growing religions in the world, and this is a fact, so when you accuse a whold religion based on actions of some minority you are assuming that all newly converts are stupid!!! ��
islam has never been what the media insist to describe as terrorist faith... its the opposite..
islam means Submition to one God and means Peace..
and Muslims believes in All prophets sent from God start from Adam untill Jesus peace been upon them all and prophet Mohammad was the last prophet was born 700 years after jesus peace been upon him.
We believe that jesus is a great prophet and we love him like any christian or maybe more, and that for a simple reason.. christians believes he is killed, but we believe he has been Saved by God and is still alive in heavens and will come back to save humanity later years to come. And we are waiting for him... he is our Seviour.. Mesaire.. and thats why i said "is a great prophet Not was".. Jesus will save humanity Not prophet Mohammad although he is the last prophet and cant be muslim without believing he is the last prophet.. but He taught us that his brother Isa (jesus) is coming back..

Last word.. ISIS is Not Islam...
Killing others is Not Islam
ISIS kills Muslims in the first place.. and distribute fear among everybody in the name of islam just to spread heatered more and more towards muslims..
Believe it or not..
thanks

racsabir
12-01-2017, 03:37 AM
There is no compulsion in religion

The Qur'an does not say the execution of the apostate

Patisa90
13-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Hi, I am a muslim convert myself and yes there are maybe some points in the Quran which non muslims wont understand....and even muslims themselves dont understand..and here is where all goes wrong and extremism and fundamentalism grows..

I myself dont listen to imams and sheikhs who preach against any human beings.
Islam is a peaceful religion and people are the once making it shown in a bad light..

I came out of depressions because of islam and I cannot find anything more peaceful then this faith...but ofcourse every human being has their own paths to follow..

So yes mostly this imams sheikhs and extreme people are nothing more then people who dont understand the truth of the Quran and have a crooked understanding of it.

Nowhere in islam it is aloud to kill innocent human beings or whatever living beings.

"…if any one killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind…” - The Holy Quran (Chapter Five, Verse 32).

Frozen Ghost
25-02-2017, 02:59 PM
I'm born as a Muslim but I never stopped asking questions like : why should I worship a God who’s threatening me all the time, but I didn’t stop until I came to find the truth that God never did that. All that fear & violence didn’t come with Islam or any other religion, it came from the bigotry of those imams

Very well said and 1000% true! The Prophet Muhammad himself said that in the last days, the religious leaders themselves would be the most vile creatures on earth.

And this just goes to show that many say they follow Islam, but they are not truly Muslim. For in Islam, there is to be no mediator between God and man... Yet these Imams set themselves up as being the voice of God on earth, much like a Pope or some such thing, and the people blindly follow them like a charismatic cult leader. "Imam worship" is becoming a very big problem in Islam today, and many Muslims are beginning to recognize this.

Muhammad said, "The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr. Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith. None of you truly believe until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

He also said, "whoever hurts a non-Muslim will not smell a whiff of paradise."

He also said, " “Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawud)

How do these wicked Imams get passed such hadiths, and numerous verses like it in the Qur'an?

Frozen Ghost
25-02-2017, 02:59 PM
I'm born as a Muslim but I never stopped asking questions like : why should I worship a God who’s threatening me all the time, but I didn’t stop until I came to find the truth that God never did that. All that fear & violence didn’t come with Islam or any other religion, it came from the bigotry of those imams

Very well said and 1000% true! The Prophet Muhammad himself said that in the last days, the religious leaders themselves would be the most vile creatures on earth.

And this just goes to show that many say they follow Islam, but they are not truly Muslim. For in Islam, there is to be no mediator between God and man... Yet these Imams set themselves up as being the voice of God on earth, much like a Pope or some such thing, and the people blindly follow them like a charismatic cult leader. "Imam worship" is becoming a very big problem in Islam today, and many Muslims are beginning to recognize this.

Muhammad said, "The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr. Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith. None of you truly believe until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

He also said, "whoever hurts a non-Muslim will not smell a whiff of paradise."

He also said, " “Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, or curtails their rights, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment.” (Abu Dawud)

How do these wicked Imams get passed such hadiths, and numerous verses like it in the Qur'an?

Still_Waters
25-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Nowhere in islam it is aloud to kill innocent human beings or whatever living beings.

"…if any one killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind…” - The Holy Quran (Chapter Five, Verse 32).

If I am not mistaken, the entire quote from the Quran (Chapter Five, Verse 32) is:

"…if any one killed a person --- UNLESS IT BE FOR MURDER OR FOR SPREADING MISCHIEF IN THE LAND --- it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind…”

It is the "UNLESS" clause that is problematic as the word "MISCHIEF" is most assuredly open to interpretation. Muslims love to quote that passage but, more often than not, they somehow forget to include the "UNLESS" clause wherein the real problem lies.

shiningstars
26-02-2017, 02:23 AM
As news like this LINK (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/02/25/warned-to-leave-the-kansas-shooting-victim-refused-to-abandon-the-country-he-loved-his-wife-said/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_pn-shooting-150pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.ab12b182e958) shows, it's humans that commit atrocities.

Muslimphobia is like Jewphobia - fear and hate, anger and demonization.

And people think the Holocaust was in the past.

Wake up and see the beauty, be cautious but do not give in to the darkness of enmity and hate.

There are Islamic fundamentalists just as there are Christian and even Buddhist fundamentalists, although Buddhism has less scope for violence.

Still, it's undeniable that the more people buy into the demonization game against another, the more the fundamentalists win in the reign of terror, and fear.

Trust not another that seeks to lead you into darkness, and that darkness is called fear.

shiningstars

RedLioness11
13-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Reading this thread brought to mind my experience with Islam, thought I would share:

I was sent to Kabul and as an American woman, was concerned about how I would be treated.

My group began playing ultimate frisbee and the activity is open to all on base.
We became friends with a Turkish military group. I was treated with courtesy and slowly over time, trust grew. Eventually we talked religion...and meeting these amazing souls healed some of the biases that I unfortunately had. (I was pushed down an alley in Bahrain by a group of men...my crew came to my rescue...but the experience had left me shaken and distrustful.)

In any group there are good and bad... I am grateful to have met the good, they helped heal my negative thoughts.