PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of meeting people who mirror your life circumstances/choices

ArtisticAthlete
29-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Hello all! :wave:

What's the purpose in meeting people that mirror your life? For example, I've been meeting people who have gone through the same life struggles that I have gone through. I find myself joking, and calling them my long lost twin, but, it keeps occurring and now I'm wondering if this is a sign for things to come? If so, what's coming?

Ex: For the past couple of years, I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life (career wise) so I've tried a variety of jobs and lived in a variety of cites. I just met a co-worker who is the same age as me and has done the exact same thing for the same number of years. Coincidence? I think not...

Thought?

SoaringSpirit
29-01-2011, 06:20 AM
You're probably being 'shown' what you need to change about your life....

Dreamer444
29-01-2011, 09:09 AM
I dont think its coincidence, people come and go from our lives but we feel more drawn to the people that have the same problems as we do. I have a friend thats like my double we are like the same person even though we look totally different. Were both geminis and are often asked if were sisters too lol.
I think she is a soul from a past life, someone I was very close with we have a special bond, its the best friendship ever when you meet someone like that.

ArtisticAthlete
29-01-2011, 08:48 PM
You're probably being 'shown' what you need to change about your life....

:confused: :confused:

How can meeting people with similar lives be showing me what to change about my life? We have similar lives...

Roselove
30-01-2011, 12:09 AM
there is no purpose, like attracts like, you guys are on simliar vibrations so you attract each other

Uma
30-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Here is a teaching of enlightenment, of Maya:

You are meeting your own self in another form. Everybody/situation you meet is a mirror - because the world outside of you is a reflection of the world inside of you. It's the same idea as dreaming - the dream world is what you create with your mind. In the waking state, we just live in a bigger dream, one where all the different parts of ourselves are dreaming - so we're creating a big dream together. It's just that when you physically go to sleep and dream, you become aware of this process. In the gross physical world it has become solidified and appears as real. What you are attracted to or repelled by, you will draw toward yourself because that part of you wants to go out and be expressed. Once you learn how to react in the best way, a way that creates harmony and oneness, your awareness will change and everything around you will change as you move on to the next dream "story"...

You can experiment with this, play with this and learn to be a master player of this virtual reality game called Life. Ask your higher power for guidance about something and notice, really notice (be mindful in the moment every moment) what comes to you from the world outside of you and what comes up from within you. Soon you will discover patterns. This week the teaching is about X, next week it's about Y...... That's when you come into your own power. That is a big step in self realization.

What do you think?

Gracey
30-01-2011, 12:25 AM

You are meeting your own self in another form. Everybody/situation you meet is a mirror - because the world outside of you is a reflection of the world inside of you. It's the same idea as dreaming - the dream world is what you create with your mind. In the waking state, we just live in a bigger dream, one where all the different parts of ourselves are dreaming - so we're creating a big dream together. It's just that when you physically go to sleep and dream, you become aware of this process. In the gross physical world it has become solidified and appears as real. What you are attracted to or repelled by, you will draw toward yourself because that part of you wants to go out and be expressed. Once you learn how to react in the best way, a way that creates harmony and oneness, your awareness will change and everything around you will change as you move on to the next dream "story"...

You can experiment with this, play with this and learn to be a master player of this virtual reality game called Life. Ask your higher power for guidance about something and notice, really notice (be mindful in the moment every moment) what comes to you from the world outside of you and what comes up from within you. Soon you will discover patterns. This week the teaching is about X, next week it's about Y...... That's when you come into your own power. That is a big step in self realization.

What do you think?

i like that....

ArtisticAthlete
30-01-2011, 03:22 AM
there is no purpose, like attracts like, you guys are on simliar vibrations so you attract each other

Eh. I dunno. :confused: I'm almost 30 and this has never happened to me before. If we always attract like, why hasn't it happened before? (Or maybe it has and I didn't notice?) It seems like within the past year, I keep meeting people who mirror me. Could it be because I'm becoming more spiritual these days? That's the only thing I can think of...

What do you think?

This sounds great but I'm confused. I might need a PM; I need a lot of clarification. Lol.

Are you saying that because I'm focusing on spiritual development and finding my passion, I will come across people who are on a spiritual path and seeking their passion? If that's the case, I don't think my co-worker is "spiritual"...but he has been trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life.

I'd like to learn more about paying attn to how I react b/c I feel like I'm supposed to be learning something...which is why I posted this thread. :)

Thanks for the info!

SoaringSpirit
30-01-2011, 05:42 AM
:confused: :confused:

How can meeting people with similar lives be showing me what to change about my life? We have similar lives...

When someone wants to change something in their physical body, the first thing they do is examine themselves in a mirror so they can see where they need to do the most work............

Meeting these people is like you're being shown yourself in a mirror so that you can see where you need to do work.........

Uma
30-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Are you saying that because I'm focusing on spiritual development and finding my passion, I will come across people who are on a spiritual path and seeking their passion? If that's the case, I don't think my co-worker is "spiritual"...but he has been trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life.

I'd like to learn more about paying attn to how I react b/c I feel like I'm supposed to be learning something...which is why I posted this thread. :)

Thanks for the info!

In a way my entire website is devoted to your question so you might find a lot of answers there. Paying attention to how you react is a great practice, a kind of mindful witnessing. One teaching is about seeds of attachment lying dormant in our deep memory and people or situations triggering a response that makes them spring into life. As creatures of habit, we react automatically based on these sprouts...but when you practice intentional action, study how you react and transform your reaction. Easier said than done but Life gives us lots of practice!

ArtisticAthlete
30-01-2011, 06:06 PM
When someone wants to change something in their physical body, the first thing they do is examine themselves in a mirror so they can see where they need to do the most work............

Meeting these people is like you're being shown yourself in a mirror so that you can see where you need to do work.........

Oh, ok. Got it! :smile:

Funny you say this b/c when I started working there, I noticed he'd do things I used to do and I'd catch myself thinking, "Ugh! What's wrong with him!?" But then a little voice (<-well, not really...but you know what I mean. Lol) would say, "You used to do the same thing...and people thought the same thing about you." Lol. :icon_eek:

In a way my entire website is devoted to your question so you might find a lot of answers there. Paying attention to how you react is a great practice, a kind of mindful witnessing. One teaching is about seeds of attachment lying dormant in our deep memory and people or situations triggering a response that makes them spring into life. As creatures of habit, we react automatically based on these sprouts...but when you practice intentional action, study how you react and transform your reaction. Easier said than done but Life gives us lots of practice!

I'll check out your website. Thanks!

blackraven
31-01-2011, 01:43 AM
ArtisticAthlete - I think we often cannot face and accept aspects and behaviors about ourselves because we're just lacking in introspection. But when we keep meeting people on our life paths that mirror our true selves we are forced to take a real serious look at ourselves and ask ourselves questions about just who we are, who we've become. I've met several people along the way that have mirrored myself over and over until I finally accepted what they were mirroring to me. Then those types of people stopped coming into my life. That's the lesson - self knowledge and self acceptance!

Blackraven

lanbee
31-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm just glad to have found this site. I haven't been "meeting" anyone I feel comfortable discussing these matters with.

Ravens_Light
18-02-2011, 04:59 AM

What do you think?

Just wanted to say this is an awesome post, Uma.. :)

And, Rosewater I agree!