PDA

View Full Version : Is it about me or is it about the progress of humanity?

Adam713
17-05-2016, 05:06 AM
Spiritual development is a very interesting phrase. Is development in the spiritual realm possible? If so, what effects does it have on earth? Daily spiritual practice for me is a means of becoming immersed into myself and by doing so, I am immersed with all. Is spiritual practice a personal journey? Maybe. However, this personal journey of being filled with love and light inevitably pours over into all of mankind. When we dive deep within, we realize many things that are accepted as normal do not resonate with the soul. When we go within we realize things like alcohol, drugs, unhealthy and heavy foods, consumer culture, conflict and disease just to name a few become obsolete. If all humans were to dive deep within, just think about how many industries would collapse. So yes I believe spiritual development is partially a personal journey at the same time progressing the consciousness of mankind.

Love to all!

Starman
17-05-2016, 06:22 AM
No man is an island, no one stands alone. If I lift you up I also lift myself up and if I put you down I do the same to myself; we are all connected, and the work, or lack of work, which we may do on ourselves is what we have to offer others.

In my opinion planet Earth is a very special place for spiritual development; if for no other reason all of the elements, earth (solids), fire (radiant energy), water (fluids), and air (gases), are present here on Earth.

These elements may not be present in some spiritual realms. These elements allow us to manipulate our consciousness. Basically the body which we have resembles the realm where we exist and are mostly focused. If we exist in a gaseous or airy realm the body which we have will also be gaseous or airy.

Our human body resembles the elemental makeup of the planet Earth. In alchemy the human body is the oven where we figuratively transform base metals into gold. But in reality the Great Work of humanity is Self Transformation. It benefits us personally and it also benefit’s the human race, and the planet.

Somnia
17-05-2016, 07:34 AM
I'm reminded of a quote I stumbled upon a while ago...

"You can't pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first"

So to answer your question I believe it's a mixture of both...To me, it goes hand in hand with working on the self, and in return you give back to humanity in an uplifting/positive manner...

Baile
17-05-2016, 11:08 AM
1. The self-realization path is about the individual: Focus on the Divine within.
2. Most religions are about humanity: Focus on the God without who created humanity.
3. A number of spiritual science paths are about both, to one or another degree.

I tried #2 for 6 months when I was a teen.
I tried #3 for 2 decades in my 20's to 40's.
I've settled on #1 and life has never been more blissful and complete.

There is no one answer or ultimate truth, no right versus wrong understanding.
There is you and what you choose in this lifetime. And you choose, and you do it.
And then you get to choose and do something else next time round.

Mr Interesting
19-05-2016, 07:48 PM
I had a set of illustrations given to me a few years back and the first was, as with the image came some understanding, two parallel lines which crossed over each other and changed places, as it were, and this quite simply was about the internal becoming external and the external becoming internal... which in effect seems to be what you might be asking.

And the answer might be there is simply no difference or possibly that the need to differentiate will become less stringent or defining.

Winters coming on now even whilst we are having an Indian summer going on and on and so normally the little Lizards would be finding their places to hibernate through the cold but they are still having fun as the sun keeps shining but it is much slower now.

These little lizards seem almost determined to be stood on as thy skitter out and across my paths but it also seems they are completely aware of my presence and we remind each other to have fun. But then I watch closely when others come over to mine and whether the lizards appear as they have and not many people actually see them... it seems it's not so much that they know me but that my emanations are such they don't mind my proximity whereas others, especially those so driven by ideas of what they are, the lizards really aren't interested in coming in close to.

So there will always be an interplay between within and without... to the extent that it eventually isn't any different.