PDA

View Full Version : April 2011 new moon

killitwithfire
28-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Greetings everyone :)

My birthday is the 14th April which is a new moon and I was born on a full moon. I've tried to find information about the moon's spiritual/metaphysical effects and if there are any rituals I can perform. Nothing I have found has given me any real insight so I thought I'd ask for help on this forum. If you are willing I'd appreciate the effort immensely.

One love
Mika

Mothwing
29-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I'd be happy to help you, but you should know that many of the calendars I have looked at for various worldly locations show that the New Moon will be on April 3rd, not the 14th. I believe you are looking at a 2010 calendar, not 2011. (Sorry!) However, it will be a Full Moon on April 17th, not long after your birthday! You could still have a very nice, meaningful ritual. :smile:

Combining an Esbat with elements of your own Astrology sounds interesting! A good place to start may be to look at your Moon Sign in your chart, or perhaps also the North/South Nodes, which are the points at which the Moon crossed the invisible line of Earth's revolution around the Sun. These points are believed to describe your past-life karma or experiences (South Node) and your goal or lesson for this life (North Node). Regardless of whether you use this information in forming your ritual, it is fascinating to know.

Also take into account what Astrological Sign the Moon will be in on that day. On April 3rd (New Moon), it will be in Aries. You are an Aries Sun, and this will all be in the time of Aries, which is the 1st Sign of the cycle, and this being on a New Moon it could be very powerful! I would still check your Moon Sign too. On April 17th (Full Moon), it will be in Libra.

I hope you found this useful! I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

killitwithfire
01-02-2011, 08:38 AM
bawhahahaha that was one huge mixup on my part >.<
Thanks for the help but I don't understand half of what you're saying.
Not by your fault, I'm just not an expert at astrology, could you explain again in layman's terms?

one love
mika