PDA

View Full Version : Animal totems and animal messengers of the spiritual realm

ForeverRestless
12-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Hi friends,

This topic is something I would normally ask my spiritual counselor friend, but she has decided to shift her focus and her energy to private clients (who work with her hard core for several weeks at a time).

I don't know much about animal totems and animal manifestations of the spirit world, but I have been compelled by birds lately, so I thought I'd ask for some insight from you guys.

A few months back, I posted on the forum about a kundalini experience I had. It was extremely intense, I was crying a lot, my body was humming, my chakras felt activated, and it felt like energy was pouring out of every finger. I was overwhelmed and freaking out, not just because of the emotion but the question "Are these physical symptoms really happening to me, or is it all in my head?"

I instant-messaged my spiritual counselor friend and she told me to go sit and spend some time with myself in quietness, to give myself a break for a bit, even if I had work to do. I went and sat by the window. There was a single mourning dove on the roofline beside me and he or she seemed to watch me eye to eye. I sat there for 30 minutes trying to be present and in the moment, and the dove gave me an excuse not to leave. An excuse to stay in the moment and be present with myself and with nature. I began speaking to the dove almost as if in prayer. Not that I worship animals or was praying to the dove, but I just thought to myself, if this animal is somehow a messenger, and it's one of my spirit guides visiting me to offer consolation, then I'm going to take the opportunity to talk to my spirit guide. The window was closed, though I spoke, and the bird seemed to perk up and turn toward me. It was a very bizarre experience but I just went with it. Like I said, after about 30 minutes, the bird left, but she didn't fly away, she just walked slowly down the roofline until she was out of sight.

This happened mere moments after an intense kundalini experience related to my Twin Flame so I assume the two were related, I don't know.

But now it's spring, and twice in the past week I have seen one single, solo mourning dove around my house, several days apart. Most recently I just saw one a few minutes ago. I don't know of mourning doves normally travel in pairs, but it struck me that these birds always seem to be alone. I see signs daily, repeating numbers, songs that my TF is streaming that seem to speak to our relationship. Nothing seems to punch me in the gut like seeing these mourning doves. It's hard to explain. I lose my breath for a moment if I see one. I don't know what it means or how it relates to TF, or if it does at all.

On another note, I've been seeing swallows everywhere lately, and have been extremely drawn to them. I can't tell if this is just because they're trendy and I like them, but suddenly I see them everywhere. Not the actual bird, but a rendering of the bird. In jewelry, in beads, in tattoos, in painted walls, everywhere.

My friend who is a spiritual counselor would probably say that the animals that appear to you appear to you because you need to receive a specific message.

Who here has any experience with animal meanings, thinks they know what these birds could mean to me, or just has... any other information? Should I just disregard these bird sightings? I mean it is spring. I've seen a few red cardinals lately too.

wolfgaze
12-05-2016, 05:32 PM
http://www.shamanicjourney.com/dove-pigeon-power-animal-symbol-of-peace-love-maternity-gentleness-spirit-messenger

Mr Interesting
12-05-2016, 06:46 PM
I don't really see specific messages from wildlife so much that it is nature approving of us and our re-alignment to her ways. I just read a vast article about why modern consumer society was so wrong and yet there weren't really any solutions offered of a way away from that except that we need a new way of defining ourselves to ourselves and what we need.

Nature offers that and initially we will tend to see it as we have always seen things, or been taught to see things, but it doesn't mean that it is the way we will eventually see things.

Animals and all wildlife prefer a refined energy which doesn't ask so much or require much beyond that which it already is so when it feels that, that it is like itself and in resonation, it will come in a be with whatever is.

youngers1810
15-05-2016, 08:18 PM
I have many animals in my journey I paticularly like the wolf yet the panda bear appears to me quite often the panda bear seems to calm me down I want to cuddle it but I know that might be possible.

It's possible that the panda bear is telling me to try to eat bamboo .
as I've had messages before now which I don't me to sound selfish in any way but our animal visions may tell us to try to eat more natural things our journey in this life sometimeswe need to think wwhat's best for our own personal needs in a more natural way.

I am beginning to be quiet with animals that come to me in visions I have more respect for nature as in I look at nature in a different way now .

Thepainoflove
15-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Hi friends,

This topic is something I would normally ask my spiritual counselor friend, but she has decided to shift her focus and her energy to private clients (who work with her hard core for several weeks at a time).

I don't know much about animal totems and animal manifestations of the spirit world, but I have been compelled by birds lately, so I thought I'd ask for some insight from you guys.

A few months back, I posted on the forum about a kundalini experience I had. It was extremely intense, I was crying a lot, my body was humming, my chakras felt activated, and it felt like energy was pouring out of every finger. I was overwhelmed and freaking out, not just because of the emotion but the question "Are these physical symptoms really happening to me, or is it all in my head?"

I instant-messaged my spiritual counselor friend and she told me to go sit and spend some time with myself in quietness, to give myself a break for a bit, even if I had work to do. I went and sat by the window. There was a single mourning dove on the roofline beside me and he or she seemed to watch me eye to eye. I sat there for 30 minutes trying to be present and in the moment, and the dove gave me an excuse not to leave. An excuse to stay in the moment and be present with myself and with nature. I began speaking to the dove almost as if in prayer. Not that I worship animals or was praying to the dove, but I just thought to myself, if this animal is somehow a messenger, and it's one of my spirit guides visiting me to offer consolation, then I'm going to take the opportunity to talk to my spirit guide. The window was closed, though I spoke, and the bird seemed to perk up and turn toward me. It was a very bizarre experience but I just went with it. Like I said, after about 30 minutes, the bird left, but she didn't fly away, she just walked slowly down the roofline until she was out of sight.

This happened mere moments after an intense kundalini experience related to my Twin Flame so I assume the two were related, I don't know.

But now it's spring, and twice in the past week I have seen one single, solo mourning dove around my house, several days apart. Most recently I just saw one a few minutes ago. I don't know of mourning doves normally travel in pairs, but it struck me that these birds always seem to be alone. I see signs daily, repeating numbers, songs that my TF is streaming that seem to speak to our relationship. Nothing seems to punch me in the gut like seeing these mourning doves. It's hard to explain. I lose my breath for a moment if I see one. I don't know what it means or how it relates to TF, or if it does at all.

On another note, I've been seeing swallows everywhere lately, and have been extremely drawn to them. I can't tell if this is just because they're trendy and I like them, but suddenly I see them everywhere. Not the actual bird, but a rendering of the bird. In jewelry, in beads, in tattoos, in painted walls, everywhere.

My friend who is a spiritual counselor would probably say that the animals that appear to you appear to you because you need to receive a specific message.

Who here has any experience with animal meanings, thinks they know what these birds could mean to me, or just has... any other information? Should I just disregard these bird sightings? I mean it is spring. I've seen a few red cardinals lately too.

The two animals that are appearing to me are foxes and pigeons. Wierd mix I know but the meaning of both became clear tp me with time though.

Thepainoflove
15-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Robins too I forgot to say

MrKrow
16-05-2016, 05:24 AM
I often just read and absorb information on this forum rather than offer up my own voice, but in this case it feels necessary. As you likely notice from my name, I have a strong spiritual connection with birds. There are many ways to interpret your special experience with the dove. The right way will be the way that resonates deep in your being. I receive messages from my birdkin because I look to them for guidance, reassurance, and wisdom. Others find different truth and meaning from nature and her gifts. What matters is how you feel when you experience the dove. Do you feel elation? Are you rapt in awe? Explore how your vibration shifts when you are in tune with the dove. Doing this and a little bit of research about the bird will provide you with a true sense of the doves significance to you. Others opinions on your experience shouldn't matter. Afterall, you experienced it, not them.