PDA

View Full Version : Going through a spitirual awakening.

arlonicholson
09-05-2016, 12:42 AM
What are some things to make this successful?

WabiSabi
09-05-2016, 02:40 AM
I think the best advice would be to just let it happen.

vespa68
09-05-2016, 04:10 AM

What are you experiencing?

H:O:R:A:C:E
09-05-2016, 06:30 AM
arlonicholson, you are an empowered being.
you have power in where to set you focus, and you
have power in what you allow to come into focus.
set those sights on the things which are delightful
and informative to you.

when i'm near to waking up, but my mind is still
drowsy, i've found that i can wiggle my toes for a
minute or so and that this speeds up my wakefulness
(and stymies the urge to reenter slumber). i believe
that the same may be useful in a spiritual awakening...
exercise the abilities you have on the extremities
until you become restless from resting.

naturesflow
09-05-2016, 07:27 AM

I find creative expression is a wonderful tool to assist me.
How you use that is really what you love to use as your creative means.
As an example, painting, writing, music, dance or movement. stillness where you sit more in contemplation of you alone, meditation. Gosh the list is endless.

Baile
09-05-2016, 09:19 AM
What are some things to make this successful?Everything others shared on your several other threads: meditation, control of thought discipline, reading the recommended books, and so forth. Have you followed through on any of it?

cahill
09-05-2016, 03:02 PM
I think the best advice would be to just let it happen.

This is what I say too. Just go with it and deal with issues as they come up.

WabiSabi
09-05-2016, 06:11 PM
This is what I say too. Just go with it and deal with issues as they come up.

I went with the path of intellect first and foremost, the path of books and learning. All it did (and this may not be, and probably is not, true for everyone) was make me neurotic. What is right? What is wrong? I am going astray? Etc., etc., etc. I am still dealing with the aftermath of such an approach, as I attempt to unlearn much of what has now been ingrained in me.

cahill
10-05-2016, 03:32 AM
I went with the path of intellect first and foremost, the path of books and learning. All it did (and this may not be, and probably is not, true for everyone) was make me neurotic. What is right? What is wrong? I am going astray? Etc., etc., etc. I am still dealing with the aftermath of such an approach, as I attempt to unlearn much of what has now been ingrained in me.

Yeah I started out this way. Everytime I read a new source of information I thought would help I was beating a bible and saging. I was rebuking demons in my sleep. I had to stop all that nonsense before I ended up in a straightjacket. So I regrouped, and started over. I worked on myself. Letting my ego go, repaired what needed to be fixed in my life and the rest fell into place.

Crystal Ambassador
10-05-2016, 06:55 AM
I support the response of "just let it happen". It'll do its thing and progress at the rate appropriate for you. In the meantime, you may benefit from being mindful of the changes. Embracing them, learning to adjust to the change. Most people feel different than before, without losing their sense of self. If anything they feel closer to their soul, shedding away past traits and beliefs no longer useful. You can try taking time for yourself to meditate, acknowledging the changes you've gone through and the progress you've made. This can help put things in perspective and show you how much you've improved. If issues come up - such as feeling ungrounded or becoming incredibly sensitive - address them. Find ways to cope with the new experiences, either by your own conclusions or reaching out to others. It often comes in waves, and the changes don't have to be unconscious. You don't have to do anything for a spiritual awakening to be successful, just to want it. And there's no degrees to it; by choosing to want it to continue to happen, it will.

Congratulations on the shift, and I wish you well in your adjustment.