PDA

View Full Version : I kept having multiple unsuccessful spiritual awakeings

astralbeing17
07-05-2016, 08:20 AM
So I was meditating and all off a sudden I started feeling light headed getting the chills and this really high pitched sound in my head so I stopped meditating I had a look online looked at the possible things that were wrong but once I stopped meditating I felt fine so I felt it then last night it happened again but this time all my symptoms I previously had were extreme this time compared so I had a look online and it said it could be a spiritual awakening so what I should I do because I keep getting all these symptoms happening randomly and I went too the doctors and they said I'm really healthy so it must be I'm guessing a spiritual awakening

John32241
07-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Hi,

Well now you can go back to a meditation practice and know these sensations are not directly linked to it.

I suspect that you are expanding your awareness, which is a form of spiritual awakening. Keep making that effort. Believe in yourself. That is how I define success.

John

H:O:R:A:C:E
07-05-2016, 08:38 AM
it's sorta kinda sounding like you're approaching an "out of body experience" [OBE].
to prepare yourself for that possibility, gain assurance that you'll not get lost
in the experience and that you'll be able to return as desired (be the master
of your potential fears). there's an unbreakable silver cord that will keep you
tethered to your physical form, yet allow you to explore astrally.
or, if you don't want the OBE to happen, i believe you can calm those symptoms
and meditate in a more ordinary way (possibly with a firm "no" thought
directed to them (the symptoms)).

sky
07-05-2016, 08:50 AM
So I was meditating and all off a sudden I started feeling light headed getting the chills and this really high pitched sound in my head so I stopped meditating I had a look online looked at the possible things that were wrong but once I stopped meditating I felt fine so I felt it then last night it happened again but this time all my symptoms I previously had were extreme this time compared so I had a look online and it said it could be a spiritual awakening so what I should I do because I keep getting all these symptoms happening randomly and I went too the doctors and they said I'm really healthy so it must be I'm guessing a spiritual awakening

When you are meditating you are sitting still without movement for a period of time, some people whe have low blood pressure suffer from the symptoms you describe, your blood gathers in the bottom part of your body and causes you to feel faint, chills etc: Try drinking a glass of water before and after to see if this helps.

Lorelyen
07-05-2016, 11:26 AM
There's probably a lot more to this but without knowing the exact circumstances it's difficult to say. It could even be the position you're meditating in; when you last ate and what you ate; your general health - are you ok with balance? And the amount of exercise you take.

You need to experiment with different ideas. Some people are happier meditating standing upright (good for "chakra cleaning"). Have you tried lying down? Try to leave a couple of hours after you last ate anything substantial. Try different times of the day.

Treat online claims of "spiritual awakening" with scepticism. In my reckoning you awakened to the world of spirit when you decided to meditate. Something would have prompted you to do that, and therein lies your awakening.

Some of us regard our spiritual growth as a series of "initiations" and empowerments (initiations from our inner worlds, not secret societies!) and awakening occurs when some increased awareness leads you to change your life; when you become aware of your spirit nature and your inner worlds. It could happen that your awakening occurred long ago (when you reflect - that happened with me though I didn't realise it until quite recently when people here starting talking about what awakening is and such).

Thunder Bow
08-05-2016, 04:54 PM
The last place to look to see if you had an "Spiritual Awakening" is online. Turn off your smartphone and computer and continue your meditation. See where it takes you.

Floatsy
09-05-2016, 02:06 AM
a form of spiritual awakening.

How do you define "spiritual awakening" John?

John32241
09-05-2016, 09:34 AM
How do you define "spiritual awakening" John?

Hi,

When you live life knowing that there is divine within the self. That and having love for all that you are and others. Knowing that their divine within is just at marvelous as yours even if they are hopelessly unbalanced.

John

Baile
09-05-2016, 11:06 AM
When you live life knowing that there is divine within the self. That and having love for all that you are and others. Knowing that their divine within is just at marvelous as yours even if they are hopelessly unbalanced.Nice description. But I wouldn't say "hopelessly" unbalanced, not at all. That's like criticizing the baby because it can't recite Shakespeare. It's just a baby!

Floatsy
09-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Hi,

When you live life knowing that there is divine within the self. That and having love for all that you are and others. Knowing that their divine within is just at marvelous as yours even if they are hopelessly unbalanced.

John

Thanks for your response John.

Floatsy
09-05-2016, 07:08 PM
"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do" ...