PDA

View Full Version : Arising Non-Arising

Floatsy
07-05-2016, 05:27 AM
I have a list of things I think that I should reflect on, or as a forum bud suggested today, listen to the emotion's lessons. So I wanted to invite fear right now but today it's declined.

The issue is if I intentionally try to listen, or feel it, most times I come up empty handed. Nothing there. Except the physical sensation.

Looking out into the garden today I was reminded of things I knew, but they are only memories, unless I try to sense again. Sensing. I remember. It's beautiful.

But these subtle energies, thoughts, the ones that I still harbour, they come but if I remember my training, OK I am blessed again by their love. If not, I get a little spanking (ouch enough!) How many years has it been? Time to stop already :rolleyes:

:smile:

There must be a layer, a very subtle layer that holds all of this .. that is my latest theory.`

Or it could just be that I'm overly lazy that I can no longer know how to adequately think in a disciplined or conscious way which accounts for when I look, I sense, with attention, neither thought nor feel, but when I don't there I go around the corner again.

PS OK It's coming now, I can get a few things here now, I need to clear them..

Baile
07-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Or it could just be that I'm overly lazy that I can no longer know how to adequately think in a disciplined or conscious way which accounts for when I look, I sense, with attention, neither thought nor feel, but when I don't there I go around the corner again.I posted this a week ago on a meditation thread Miss Hepburn started. There are streams of philosophical thought that identify two opposite meditative paths to Spirit: the outer path, the person who experiences Spirit in the day-to-day world; and the inner path, the person who experiences Spirit within the confines of their inner space.

The search for the Holy Grail is a story involving Parsifal and Gawain, and their two different soul-searching approaches. Gawain's soul explorations take place via his drowsy, half-conscious day-to-day experiences involving meeting people in the real world, and the events in his life that transpire as a result. Parsifal on the other hand experiences one conscious, wide-awake, metaphysical vision after another. For him, everything he sees and experiences is of the spirit world: the current events in his life, playing out in the realm of electrifying spirit.

Another story I came across utilizing the same theme involved one man who lived in the forest, dreaming his days away communing with nature. The second character fought soul battles with his shadow self, a ongoing conflict that transported him in spirit to bleak and rocky locales deep within the earth.

I was the Parsifal/shadow-self warrior in my younger days, and for the past couple of decades I've followed the Gawain/forest-dweller path. A few times I've wondered if it's laziness, but I don't project anymore, so those thoughts never stay. If I feel lazy and sleepy, now in this moment, I jump on my bike and peddle down the road, and let the wind and sun wake me up again. That's my meditation. I don't penetrate into abstract spirit questions with my thoughts anymore because that's no longer my spirit-seeking approach, and not because I stopped being disciplined. I am still very disciplined, even more so now, but in my consciousness rather than my thinking, with regards to my real-world life and personal self-development.

You spoke of memory loss in another thread. My memory isn't as sharp now, but not because of age, but because my thought world has been merging with nature for years now. Nature dreams life away and has no need for something as abstract and unnecessary as thought or memory. It's thinking and memory is its very activity. It knows to wake each spring and to sleep again the winter. Nature doesn't think or recollect about any of that, it simply lives it, every moment and every season without fail.

Arcturus
07-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Or you could be doing ya darndest to get me to be sarcopathothic. And doing a pretty good job

Mr Interesting
07-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Is it a dog or is it a cat?

Dogs you go 'come here boy and get a pat and it's all tail wagging and a tongue looling and licking happiness' but cats are completely different and it's 'nah, I can't see you and I'm not caring about anything at all, you are there being a cat and that might even be wonderful but I'm entirely happy just being wonderful myself'

So when you fully front the sense and it disappears it's simply cat like and so you can be catlike to make friends but if it's catlike and you go all doggy on it you gonna get a scratched nose.... hehe, but if it's doglike and you treat it like you're a cat... it's going to bowl you over!

naturesflow
08-05-2016, 01:46 AM
I have a list of things I think that I should reflect on, or as a forum bud suggested today, listen to the emotion's lessons. So I wanted to invite fear right now but today it's declined.

The issue is if I intentionally try to listen, or feel it, most times I come up empty handed. Nothing there. Except the physical sensation.

Looking out into the garden today I was reminded of things I knew, but they are only memories, unless I try to sense again. Sensing. I remember. It's beautiful.

But these subtle energies, thoughts, the ones that I still harbour, they come but if I remember my training, OK I am blessed again by their love. If not, I get a little spanking (ouch enough!) How many years has it been? Time to stop already :rolleyes:

:smile:

There must be a layer, a very subtle layer that holds all of this .. that is my latest theory.`

Or it could just be that I'm overly lazy that I can no longer know how to adequately think in a disciplined or conscious way which accounts for when I look, I sense, with attention, neither thought nor feel, but when I don't there I go around the corner again.

PS OK It's coming now, I can get a few things here now, I need to clear them..

Mindfulness is a practice of itself.

Glad your getting it.

Floatsy
08-05-2016, 05:47 AM
If I feel lazy and sleepy, now in this moment, I jump on my bike and peddle down the road, and let the wind and sun wake me up again. That's my meditation. I don't penetrate into abstract spirit questions with my thoughts anymore because that's no longer my spirit-seeking approach, and not because I stopped being disciplined. I am still very disciplined, even more so now, but in my consciousness rather than my thinking, with regards to my real-world life and personal self-development.

You spoke of memory loss in another thread. My memory isn't as sharp now, but not because of age, but because my thought world has been merging with nature for years now. Nature dreams life away and has no need for something as abstract and unnecessary as thought or memory. It's thinking and memory is its very activity. It knows to wake each spring and to sleep again the winter. Nature doesn't think or recollect about any of that, it simply lives it, every moment and every season without fail.

I love your lifestyle, Baile! And I enjoy stories so thank you for sharing that, and your post. :hug2:

floatz

Floatsy
08-05-2016, 05:54 AM
Is it a dog or is it a cat?

Dogs you go 'come here boy and get a pat and it's all tail wagging and a tongue looling and licking happiness' but cats are completely different and it's 'nah, I can't see you and I'm not caring about anything at all, you are there being a cat and that might even be wonderful but I'm entirely happy just being wonderful myself'

So when you fully front the sense and it disappears it's simply cat like and so you can be catlike to make friends but if it's catlike and you go all doggy on it you gonna get a scratched nose.... hehe, but if it's doglike and you treat it like you're a cat... it's going to bowl you over!

Pure genius, I say!

The laughter is real. Thank you Mr Interesting!

Thank you. :D