PDA

View Full Version : Mayan Riviera spiritual options

TheGlow
23-04-2016, 11:56 PM
Trying to find a way to combine a needed winter vacation(2016/2017) on a beach with some spiritual development.

I'm wondering other than visiting Tulum what people here may have seen/done there and recommend.

Mr Interesting
26-04-2016, 08:21 PM
I haven't had a vacation since I was a kid and Mum and Dad took us camping and even comment here and there, on holidays, that people could just go back to work 'cause it's kinda weird where every so often their all out there doing holiday stuff.

A sense of it too is that I've never actually not been on holiday... you know, life's just one unending vacation anyway.

TheGlow
26-04-2016, 10:46 PM
It gets down to -27 here in winter and I work out doors so every few years I go thaw out on a beach. I assume since there were Mayans on the Mayan Rivera I could combo it up and take in some spiritual experiences.

If Peru wasn't to $$$$ I'd head there.

Floatsy
27-04-2016, 03:08 AM
A sense of it too is that I've never actually not been on holiday... you know, life's just one unending vacation anyway.

Oh Mr Interesting, don't make me pine! :tongue:

Mr Interesting
27-04-2016, 08:28 AM
I don't know if it's just me but I went to Canada, where I was born, for a month in '95 and it was two weeks before I even got my bearings... It was like going somewhere so far away so quickly just isn't so good if you got your bearings where you are. Though last year I went on a twenty minute little plane ride... even then it was a day or two before I trusted where the sun was coming up... It's kinda made me think any travel over about 60 miles an hour, and with frequent stops, is silly, for me anyway.

If I could go anywhere I think I'd dig goin' to a desert somewhere, not when it's real hot though, a northern desert in the winter... The Gobi maybe, that'd be cool... all the sparkling quiet.

Floatsy
27-04-2016, 04:37 PM
:) ................

Redmond Girl
02-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Do not miss Coba. Hike or bike it during the less touristy part of the day. I did it in 2013. Amazing. You feel as if you are in an Indiana Jones film set.

mindanalyzer
02-05-2016, 02:09 PM
I am going to Costa Rica for 2 weeks in July. I strongly recommend it: Beautiful/safe country w/ friendly people and tons of things to do (adventure is my thing: mtb, zipline, wild river rafting, hiking, sightseeing)